ADVERTISEMENT

Possible new unis for homecoming

If we have cool uniforms but never win anything you're good with that???
Why is this always your argument? When was it ever mentioned that cool uniforms have a direct correlation with winning? Can't you just be happy and say "oh, cool, awesome!" like everyone else? Do you want them to spend the money they're spending on uniforms on better free agents or something?

Reactions: Mikesi
Why is this always your argument? When was it ever mentioned that cool uniforms have a direct correlation with winning? Can't you just be happy and say "oh, cool, awesome!" like everyone else? Do you want them to spend the money they're spending on uniforms on better free agents or something?
This!!

We want cool uniforms AND to win

One has nothing to do with the other

If we go 0-12 and have good uniforms, do we blame the uniforms, make everyone feel guilty and give them scrubs or Orange jumpsuits to wear for the next season?

Let's take away the band, cheerleaders, tailgating, mascots, etc.
Since they don't help you win.

Haven't we had this conversation like 5 times before??

awesome. will they put it on the helmet? I'm all for the throwback Citronaut once or twice a season along with the State of Florida outline helmet although I think that looks better on a black helmet vs the gold one they used vs USF last season
Cyci0RmUAAAIHfT.jpg

We want cool uniforms AND to win

One has nothing to do with the other

If we go 0-12 and have good uniforms, do we blame the uniforms, make everyone feel guilty and give them scrubs or Orange jumpsuits to wear for the next season?

Let's take away the band, cheerleaders, tailgating, mascots, etc.
Since they don't help you win.

Haven't we had this conversation like 5 times before??

Right?

God forbid a football team has fun and includes the fans...the horror......a little aesthetic variety never hurt anyone. UCF is 2nd largest in the country, I don't think there is any danger here.

Right?

God forbid a football team has fun and includes the fans...the horror......a little aesthetic variety never hurt anyone. UCF is 2nd largest in the country, I don't think there is any danger here.
Haha. The horror! [laughing] Last time I check we weren't

University of
Communist
Florida

Reactions: jetsaholic
Purism is stupid.

There is nothing wrong with having fun with an image. Plus, Citronaut has been around for many years in the program already and guess what...

No one calls us the Citronauts. There is ZERO confusion.

It hasn't done anything negative to the brand, if so? Prove it.
Yeah, unless youre Bama or Penn State and have 100+ years of history ingrained in the entire country, Purism doesnt work, its boring. You have to set yourself apart somehow. Those who dont change, who dont adapt with the times (unless youve got history on your side), perish.

Yeah, unless youre Bama or Penn State and have 100+ years of history ingrained in the entire country, Purism doesnt work, its boring. You have to set yourself apart somehow. Those who dont change, who dont adapt with the times (unless youve got history on your side), perish.

If you can't catch up going the "normal" route. Innovate....That has been UCF's shtick for years...

awesome. will they put it on the helmet? I'm all for the throwback Citronaut once or twice a season along with the State of Florida outline helmet although I think that looks better on a black helmet vs the gold one they used vs USF last season
Cyci0RmUAAAIHfT.jpg
I would assume a helmet decal. But Frost and Nike could go with a patch on jerseys and pants also. Would be good for them to make money on merchandise that weekend.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Is the citronaut thing speculation or is there a pretty good chance of it happening?

Is the citronaut thing speculation or is there a pretty good chance of it happening?

Speculation but will probably happen. They like to keep things like this a surprise to announce at events like the coaches tour or week leading up to HC Game.

Reactions: UCFhonors
We have plenty of uniform combos as-is, and a much better color palette than in the past. I'm sure there will be some new ones this season....and every season while Frost is here. I just don't get the infatuation with it and names on jerseys. I honestly don't care one way or the other, as long as the stacked logo is always there. That is our brand. I'd rather just not suck.

I'm all for trying new stuff. They've stepped up game day. I'm all for new ideas like getting rid of the band playing at halftime....just have some local bands come out and play...have battles of the bands or whatever prior to football season to choose entrants....treat them as summer pep rally's. Have a dog show....whatever. have the Le Nouba people come out and do some crazy sh_t for 10-15 minutes. Have a film contest to create a 10-15 minute short film and show it on the jumbotron. The brainstorming can go on and on.

We have plenty of uniform combos as-is, and a much better color palette than in the past. I'm sure there will be some new ones this season....and every season while Frost is here. I just don't get the infatuation with it and names on jerseys. I honestly don't care one way or the other, as long as the stacked logo is always there. That is our brand. I'd rather just not suck.

I'm all for trying new stuff. They've stepped up game day. I'm all for new ideas like getting rid of the band playing at halftime....just have some local bands come out and play...have battles of the bands or whatever prior to football season to choose entrants....treat them as summer pep rally's. Have a dog show....whatever. have the Le Nouba people come out and do some crazy sh_t for 10-15 minutes. Have a film contest to create a 10-15 minute short film and show it on the jumbotron. The brainstorming can go on and on.

...and the dialog changes. Good presentation son. A-

We need to win AND look good

Win and look bad??? No

Look good and suck?? No

Win AND look good?? Absolutely.

As far as the gameday activities inside and outside the stadium. I totally trust Danny White. Traditional stuff with a few twists, upgrades, and new stuff thrown in.

In addition, the higher ups read these message boards. I got proof of that last week.

We need to win AND look good

Win and look bad??? No

Look good and suck?? No

Win AND look good?? Absolutely.

As far as the gameday activities inside and outside the stadium. I totally trust Danny White. Traditional stuff with a few twists, upgrades, and new stuff thrown in.

In addition, the higher ups read these message boards. I got proof of that last week.
If I were a higher up Id read these and laugh at it too.

If I were a higher up Id read these and laugh at it too.

I'm sure that they may get a chuckle, but they take this all very seriously. Millions of dollars are at stake.

They basically look at the constructive criticism and try to make the changes.
They've actually been great at it under Danny White.

Just trying to make the point ridiculously obvious that most younger generation fans and the players want cool uniforms and winning and they aren't related.

If there's an outcry for generic uniforms, then the ones that look at this type of thing will think twice.

That's why they send out surveys by email and check the message boards

That's what any good business will do
Try to get in touch with and relate to the average customer as well as the ones with deeper pockets.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Some fans on here need to get a bit more like Frost i.e. in this century, and less like the old coach. About a year, year and a half ago, some paper released a study of football prospects and the importance they place on uniforms. A ridiculously high- in the 80% or higher, make uniforms a high priority. Will we get a 5 star based on this- no, but we may very well get a better player than we usually do. I think uniforms are a sales gimmick- fan thing. I like what we're doing, but as a player I think I wouldn't give a crap. But, that's not the mindset of today's prospect. Get with it. Get in this century. It actually does matter. No, a uniform can't throw a football, but the guy in it actually does care about what he's wearing. Just look on youtube at various team's reactions to their new uniforms. And then quit moaning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT