ADVERTISEMENT

Probably because it was a crowded position

Let them say and do whatever they want. This is a crazy year. I want them to play but realistically each player is thinking about death because of more exposure to Covid 19. It has to be a personal decision for each player. What I think and would do doesn't matter. Also, there is always the very slim chance that a player dies this year of Covid and UCF faces another lawsuit like before. How long did it take us to get past that one? I don't think it would happen but just like sickle cell anemia trait causing death it is a real possibility and players have to make a decision about how to move forward.

If they play we'll enjoy it but there will always be an asterisk next to the final results of this season. The good news is that they are making great advances with the vaccine so 2021 WILL be free of this drama.

Nobody’s getting “released from scholarship” for opting out of a Covid season that’s not happening anyway. Optics would look horrible. Do you ever want to recruit good players again? Idiotic idea.
He wasn’t going to play. Is he going to practice and watching? Is he hanging out with friends and partying? Does he stay in his dorm room and not leave? JUCO guys for us have rarely been as good as advertised. He’s taking a spot of a kid that wants to play.

If advised by coaches or his parents to sit out because he wouldn’t play I’m good. If he decided on his own to not be around brothers and play I’m not a proponent of his decision. I’d play no matter what.

Let them say and do whatever they want. This is a crazy year. I want them to play but realistically each player is thinking about death because of more exposure to Covid 19. It has to be a personal decision for each player. What I think and would do doesn't matter. Also, there is always the very slim chance that a player dies this year of Covid and UCF faces another lawsuit like before. How long did it take us to get past that one? I don't think it would happen but just like sickle cell anemia trait causing death it is a real possibility and players have to make a decision about how to move forward.

If they play we'll enjoy it but there will always be an asterisk next to the final results of this season. The good news is that they are making great advances with the vaccine so 2021 WILL be free of this drama.
Have fun trying to prove that in court.

Is UCF going to have any classes on campus? If so, anybody could sue them if someone dies from covid and blame it on the school.

Under that logic I guess if I’m driving to UCF, get in a car accident and die I can now sue UCF because after all I wouldn’t have been at that place at that time if I wasn’t headed there.

Can I sue McDonald’s if I die of a heart attack after eating a Big Mac?

This is fun. If I sign a contract with a funeral home and die afterwards of a heart attack, can I sue them for the distress of knowing I was going to die one day?

Last edited:
Also want to add I go to work every day. I have 80 hours vacation and 120 hours of sick accrued. I don’t feel this virus is going to kill me. Nor even make me sick. I’ve been exposed to positive people. I got tested. Nada. 2 fat dudes I know got it and died. I’m not fat and don’t have any known health issues other than blood pressure. I’m not young but not old. If I was old I would be more cautious.

How do you Opt Out of what you are being paid for. And then expect to be paid for not doing it? How exactly does that work?

wait. Light bulb goes on Gotta go call my boss. I have. A. Plan.

Has anybody heard of any active pro athlete so far getting hospitalized or dying? What about at the college level (since a lot of student-athletes have been back on campus since early June)? Anybody know of any actual stats released to the public?

No doubt they need to act accordingly when someone tests positive but what has the risk been so far? I hear a lot of "what ifs" thrown around but what has actually happened so far? What are the numbers?

I have a very good friend who found out he had leukemia in early April. All I can conclude from that so far is he has a much greater chance of dying from leukemia than from Covid-19 so far. He's doing great so far, btw.

We're not getting a full, clear, fact-based picture of what has or is transpiring with any of these sports (or the aggregated results of all these sports so far). In fact, we're not getting any picture at all. We are just being told a story of the "potential danger" and then not actually being told of any results, nor what is happening to players once they test positive.

OK, so the Cardinals season is probably hosed due to the amount of games they couldn't play. Sucks to be them but everybody knew this could happen. They'll still get pad nonetheless but they may not be able to make the post-season. What happened with each of the Cardinal players (and staffers) that did test positive? It sure would be interesting to know how the players fared versus staffers. Several Cardinal players also got sick but never tested positive for covid-19...perhaps they just had the common cold or a "24 hour flu". Each team and sport has to be really digging into this deeply because the results could shape future decisions of how to run their sports under these conditions. I just don't get how nobody in the media is not all over them to provide info/stats/metrics on what has or is going on.

Has anybody heard of any active pro athlete so far getting hospitalized or dying? What about at the college level (since a lot of student-athletes have been back on campus since early June)? Anybody know of any actual stats released to the public?

No doubt they need to act accordingly when someone tests positive but what has the risk been so far? I hear a lot of "what ifs" thrown around but what has actually happened so far? What are the numbers?

I have a very good friend who found out he had leukemia in early April. All I can conclude from that so far is he has a much greater chance of dying from leukemia than from Covid-19 so far. He's doing great so far, btw.

We're not getting a full, clear, fact-based picture of what has or is transpiring with any of these sports (or the aggregated results of all these sports so far). In fact, we're not getting any picture at all. We are just being told a story of the "potential danger" and then not actually being told of any results, nor what is happening to players once they test positive.

OK, so the Cardinals season is probably hosed due to the amount of games they couldn't play. Sucks to be them but everybody knew this could happen. They'll still get pad nonetheless but they may not be able to make the post-season. What happened with each of the Cardinal players (and staffers) that did test positive? It sure would be interesting to know how the players fared versus staffers. Several Cardinal players also got sick but never tested positive for covid-19...perhaps they just had the common cold or a "24 hour flu". Each team and sport has to be really digging into this deeply because the results could shape future decisions of how to run their sports under these conditions. I just don't get how nobody in the media is not all over them to provide info/stats/metrics on what has or is going on.
A vaccine will be available in 2 months or less. Even if 1 or 2 kids die from this it wouldn’t be abnormal as that many die during a season from other methods. The players who got it are all back and playing at same level as before. Most that die are unhealthy to say the least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT