ADVERTISEMENT

Public Hearings on January 6th

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
The first public hearing was held tonight. I wasn't sure going in to it whether it would be worth watching or not but it turned out to be pretty compelling TV. In this first, two-hour hearing, the Committee laid out evidence that:
  • Trump was told by both William Barr, his AG, and his top pollster that he'd lost the election fair and square -- yet despite this, he continued to spout his 'Stop the steal' nonsense. Ivanka Trump testified that she has a great deal of respect for Barr and believed him when the Attorney General told her that her father had lost.
  • The insurrection wasn't a 'protest that turned into a riot,' compelling evidence was laid out that it was a pre-planned, orchestrated attack on the Capitol. The Proud Boys and Oath Keepers spear-headed it (fyi, the leaders of these two groups met the night before) and their forces were already in mass at the Capitol before the President even spoke at his 'Stop the Steal' Rally. A number of them gave videotaped testimony they were there at the urging of their President.
  • A number of White House insiders and supporters like Steve Bannon knew what was in store for Jan. 6th. Many of them were recorded the day before the rally on tape or on podcasts saying, "Tomorrow's going to be..."an historic day!" "a WILD scene!" "Trump's comeback" and similar comments which were presented during the hearing.
  • The Capitol police were involved in hand-to-hand combat for hours without the President getting on the phone to make calls for help.
  • The only urgent calls for back-up for the Capitol police came from Vice President Pence.
This was just a few of the facts that were laid out during this first hearing. My understanding is that they plan to have six of these covering different aspects of the Jan. 6th insurrection.

Do we know yet if Pelosi or the sgt at arms are going to testify?

Do we know yet if Pelosi or the sgt at arms are going to testify?

I dont know if they are going to testify, but they did say they have looked into the security of the capitol and it will be discussed in later hearings. But also after watching that, I dont see how that could be the first thing on your mind.

The first public hearing was held tonight. I wasn't sure going in to it whether it would be worth watching or not but it turned out to be pretty compelling TV. In this first, two-hour hearing, the Committee laid out evidence that:
  • Trump was told by both William Barr, his AG, and his top pollster that he'd lost the election fair and square -- yet despite this, he continued to spout his 'Stop the steal' nonsense. Ivanka Trump testified that she has a great deal of respect for Barr and believed him when the Attorney General told her that her father had lost.
  • The insurrection wasn't a 'protest that turned into a riot,' compelling evidence was laid out that it was a pre-planned, orchestrated attack on the Capitol. The Proud Boys and Oath Keepers spear-headed it (fyi, the leaders of these two groups met the night before) and their forces were already in mass at the Capitol before the President even spoke at his 'Stop the Steal' Rally. A number of them gave videotaped testimony they were there at the urging of their President.
  • A number of White House insiders and supporters like Steve Bannon knew what was in store for Jan. 6th. Many of them were recorded the day before the rally on tape or on podcasts saying, "Tomorrow's going to be..."an historic day!" "a WILD scene!" "Trump's comeback" and similar comments which were presented during the hearing.
  • The Capitol police were involved in hand-to-hand combat for hours without the President getting on the phone to make calls for help.
  • The only urgent calls for back-up for the Capitol police came from Vice President Pence.
This was just a few of the facts that were laid out during this first hearing. My understanding is that they plan to have six of these covering different aspects of the Jan. 6th insurrection.

It was a coup attempt. I think that has been obvious for a while, but getting to hear even more now makes it pretty clear. Cheney said 9 congressman reached out to Trump for pardons, and I am interested to see who these people are and why they needed a pardon.

I think it is kind of funny that Fox wouldnt even air it, and they showed text messages between Hannity and McEnany about invoking the 25th amendment. No wonder they dont want to air when their hosts will have to explain why what they were saying in private, is completely opposite of what they say over the air.

Last edited:
Our resident lead addled inbred boomers don't know what you're talking about, since Fox "News" didn't even cover the biggest political news story of our lifetimes.

What a goddamn joke America has become, thanks to that generation.

Reactions: DaShuckster
It was a coup attempt. I think that has been obvious for a while, but getting to hear even more now makes it pretty clear.
Most importantly, as far as I'm concerned, is some actual accountability may FINALLY come out of all of this. Given the pain-staking way they've been walking through their evidence -- with video and audio testimony when appropriate, it's going to make these hearings hard to ignore.

Congressional Republicans are no doubt going to try labeling it as a partisan witchhunt (while ignoring the fact that their leadership refused the opportunity they were given to be involved in a truly bipartisan '50-50 split', select committee.

Most importantly, as far as I'm concerned, is some actual accountability may FINALLY come out of all of this. Given the pain-staking way they've been walking through their evidence -- with video and audio testimony when appropriate, is going to make these hearings hard to ignore.

Congressional Republicans are no doubt going to try labeling it as a partisan witchhunt (while ignoring the fact that their leadership refused the opportunity they were given to be involved in a truly bipartisan '50-50 split', select committee.

The accountability is my concern. . Anyone with eyes and ears can see what happened (though there should be plenty of more details to come so I dont think we know everything yet), but if no one is held accountable it wont matter and it makes it more likely to happen again.

The accountability is my concern. . Anyone with eyes and ears can see what happened (though there should be plenty of more details to come so I dont think we know everything yet), but if no one is held accountable it wont matter and it makes it more likely to happen again.
I get that we have an Attorney General who is super-cautious -- to the extreme -- about filing charges that could be viewed in any way, shape, or form as 'political.' But COME ON, Garland, we cannot throw the little Proud Boy peons in jail but allow the master planners to get off scott-free because their ringleader was the former POTUS.

Most importantly, as far as I'm concerned, is some actual accountability may FINALLY come out of all of this. Given the pain-staking way they've been walking through their evidence -- with video and audio testimony when appropriate, it's going to make these hearings hard to ignore.

Nothing will happen.

Well, not nothing. Dems will lose 50 seats this November.

I get that we have an Attorney General who is super-cautious -- to the extreme -- about filing charges that could be viewed in any way, shape, or form as 'political.' But COME ON, Garland, we cannot throw the little Proud Boy peons in jail but allow the master planners to get off scott-free because their ringleader was the former POTUS.

He should be careful by all means, they need to do it right, but doing it right probably means hold some high level people accountable. Hopefully he doesnt drop the ball.

Just saw the video. Obviously, I did see a single thing until about 10 P.M. that evening. It was a riot. The police should have fired shots and tear gas. Total incompetence

We have video evidence of a sitting us president refusing to honor the results of a free and fair election and urging a coup against democracy.

And fox News is showing my pillow commercials in between claims that white people are being eradicated and how we need to redesign every one of the 180,000 schools in America with one door.

Just saw the video. Obviously, I did see a single thing until about 10 P.M. that evening. It was a riot. The police should have fired shots and tear gas. Total incompetence
Would have been many more deaths if they got into a firefight.

I dont know if they are going to testify, but they did say they have looked into the security of the capitol and it will be discussed in later hearings. But also after watching that, I dont see how that could be the first thing on your mind.
Lmao. Fox News seems to care so much about 6 January that it’s nowhere on their top stories on their webpage. But we do have a story about Pelosi and her husband’s DUI recording!!!!

Would have been many more deaths if they got into a firefight.
Utter nonsense to fire on peaceful, self-guided, selfie tourists. They came in peace and left in handcuffs. Just another example of the police state we live in where you effing cop haters conveniently now love law enforcement.

I have to ask: is this a circle jerk?

Lmao. Fox News seems to care so much about 6 January that it’s nowhere on their top stories on their webpage.
The "fair and balanced" network.
Good thing that I’m not a police officer. Their lives were totally threatened.
That female police officer who testified last night is the real deal when it comes to a genuine badass.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
The "fair and balanced" network.

That female police officer who testified last night is the real deal when it comes to a genuine badass.
But sk8, Crazy, and knighttime said that the cops never were in danger from the people on their self-guided selfie tour of the capitol and we never were in any danger from these folk.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Good thing that I’m not a police officer. Their lives were totally threatened. Honestly, they should have shot some of those imbeciles

Apply that action, or even public statement to each of the below similar events and ask, would the media and "social" response be the same?

5be3a364ce9989affe3c73e1b5e1eccb

Apply that action, or even public statement to each of the below similar events and ask, would the media and "social" response be the same?
I never cease to be amazed at people who respond to the attack on our nation's centuries-long, peaceful transitions of power with a "whaddabout?"

You'd THINK that at some point, the lights would go on for these people.

I never cease to be amazed at people who respond to the attack on our nation's centuries-long, peaceful transitions of power with a "whaddabout?"

Potato Tech is a turd. I wonder why congress is investigating an insurrection intended to upend the democratic process that occurred…at congress. Oh the humanity. They need a commission about someone vandalizing a building during a George Floyd protest to be fair.

Potato Tech is a turd. I wonder why congress is investigating an insurrection intended to upend the democratic process that occurred…at congress. Oh the humanity. They need a commission about someone vandalizing a building during a George Floyd protest to be fair.
EHRMEHRGERD!!!!!!!!!! TAKE IT 2 DA PARKING LOT!!!!!!!!!

In 3.......2........1.......

It's a like competition between him and goodknight to prove just how destructive lead gasoline was to developing brains.

Our only hope as a country is for these morons to die off.
Political & religious discussions have always been contentious -- and that's fine in my book. But it's hard to have ANY decent online discussions anymore because nowadays, you're gonna find posters who are certifiably batshit crazy. Back in the day, I used to laugh at the straight-faced Birthers who posted to the board I was on at the time. Looking back now, they were mild compared to the crap we get now from the Usual Suspects.

Having lived through the Watergate scandal and the justifiable reaction from Democrats and Republicans alike, I find it incredulous that a national political party -- and its media affiliates -- could treat what happened on Jan. 6th with such indifference.

I was born and raised in The Heartland with, you know, all of those good, All-American 'Apple Pie' values. I could have sworn one of those bedrock values was being held accountable for your own actions. Funny how our elected representatives from all those patriotic, 'Real America' Red States are treating this. I don't like her politics but I'll be damned if Liz Cheney doesn't have my upmost respect as a American leader.

Political & religious discussions have always been contentious -- and that's fine in my book. But it's hard to have ANY decent online discussions anymore because nowadays, you're gonna find posters who are certifiably batshit crazy. Back in the day, I used to laugh at the straight-faced Birthers who posted to the board I was on at the time. Looking back now, they were mild compared to the crap we get now from the Usual Suspects.

Having lived through the Watergate scandal and the justifiable reaction from Democrats and Republicans alike, I find it incredulous that a national political party -- and its media affiliates -- could treat what happened on Jan. 6th with such indifference.

I was born and raised in The Heartland with, you know, all of those good, All-American 'Apple Pie' values. I could have sworn one of those bedrock values was being held accountable for your own actions. Funny how our elected representatives from all those patriotic, 'Real America' Red States are treating this. I don't like her politics but I'll be damned if Liz Cheney doesn't have my upmost respect as a American leader.
100%

I was a GOP member until it turned into a cult in 2016. These people are certifiably insane.

Growing up in the 80's and 90's I used to wonder how in the world a country like Nazi Germany happened. Now I no longer wonder.

It's a like competition between him and goodknight to prove just how destructive lead gasoline was to developing brains.

I don't understand how riots can happen with such kindness around. Psychopaths for $500 Alex.

Reactions: Crazyhole

Its not our generation that needed to be told not to lick battery post. It isn't my generation that thinks gender is multiple choice. or warning on stroller please remove child before folding, or warning on coffee cup avoid pouring on crotch area, or warning on jet ski, never use match or open flame to check fuel.

Don't brag about brains with this BS needed for your generation.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Its not our generation that needed to be told not to lick battery post. It isn't my generation that thinks gender is multiple choice. or warning on stroller please remove child before folding, or warning on coffee cup avoid pouring on crotch area, or warning on jet ski, never use match or open flame to check fuel.

Well done.

Thank you for proving my point that you are an absolute and utter retard, you did a far better job with this post than I ever could have accomplished.

I never cease...
I was a GOP member ...
I noticed over time you two rarely contribute thoughtful content... Typical sheep following the political talking heads.

Maintain independent thought, avoid group think, it is a valuable and respected trait.

Also, let's keep posts on this thread on-topic...

Before you reply to this post with repetitive insult attempts, head over to the Parking Lot, I'll read it there (I promise) - although comical at times, they bloat a thread.

---------------------------------------------------------

My on topic portion - a question to the intellects following along, is one of the violence / life-threatening images more "ok"? Less "not ok"?

Independent thought here - a threat is a threat... Is it not?

Thank you for proving my point that you are an absolute and utter retard, you did a far better job with this post than I ever could have accomplished.
Are you the kid that always posts toaster and doorknob replies? ...please don't tell anyone you're from UCF.

I'm good with opposing views if they have intellect behind the reasoning... I don't think I've read a post from you that contains original thought.

I hope you develop the ability to think and reason before engaging in conversations outside this board, else you misrepresent the quality of UCF education.

Left / Center / Right
Democrat / Independent / Republican

...I respect all views/opinions, such that they have logic... I've not read anything on your views, you do have funny 1 liners though, some crack me up. 😂👍

Let's strengthen our collective intellect, regardless of the opinion.

Are you the kid that always posts toaster and doorknob replies? ...please don't tell anyone you're from UCF.

I'm good with opposing views if they have intellect behind the reasoning... I don't think I've read a post from you that contains original thought.

I hope you develop the ability to think and reason before engaging in conversations outside this board, else you misrepresent the quality of UCF education.

Left / Center / Right
Democrat / Independent / Republican

...I respect all views/opinions, such that they have logic... I've not read anything on your views, you do have funny 1 liners though, some crack me up. 😂👍

Let's strengthen our collective intellect, regardless of the opinion.
He comes up with a new insult every few months, and then uses it in every post. He's easy to ignore other than when he defends sex trafficking.

Almost made me sick to my stomach watching this last knight. Many of these people including Trump, working on the coup should be tried and imprisoned.

100%

I was a GOP member until it turned into a cult in 2016. These people are certifiably insane.

Growing up in the 80's and 90's I used to wonder how in the world a country like Nazi Germany happened. Now I no longer wonder.
Just amazing how a Hitler repeat was in the works in the United States of America. Just unimaginable.

I think it is kind of funny that Fox wouldnt even air it, and they showed text messages between Hannity and McEnany about invoking the 25th amendment. No wonder they dont want to air when their hosts will have to explain why what they were saying in private, is completely opposite of what they say over the air.
An absolute Joke that they wouldn't air it and on top of that, they came up with more lies to justify things. SMFH

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT