ADVERTISEMENT

Real Leadership in times of Crisis

I am just really glad that all of his attention is on fighting the virus and he's not Tweeting at all about possibly pardoning Michael Flynn.

It isn't about now. Again, have you seen what is happening in Italy? Literally 2 weeks ago they were going on with their lives as normal, many people not remotely concerned with the virus, and now people are literally dying due to lack of care because the system is completely overwhelmed. By simply looking at raw #s today, you are completely ignoring that virus's spread in an exponential fashion.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...0200316-yoqlhyl6yjdqjo2nlpbsouohnm-story.html

Two weeks ago, there were 1,700 cases of coronavirus in Italy and the country had reported 34 deaths. Now, Italy is reporting an estimated 25,000 cases and more than 1,800 people have died.

The U.S. has recorded about 3,800 infections and at least 65 deaths, two-thirds of them in hard-hit Washington state.

Italy has jumped from 1700 cases to 25000 cases in two weeks, and this is spreading here at about the same pace it is spreading in Italy, if not even a bit faster.
Again, I’m simply asking a question

How many hospital beds and how many ventilators are being utilized for the Coronavirus?

“While more than 169,000 people have caught the virus around the world, almost half have already recovered, and the vast majority of cases remain mild.”

“While more than 169,000 people have caught the virus around the world, almost half have already recovered, and the vast majority of cases remain mild.”

I'm sure a lot of cases are so mild they didn't even know they had it. So the number might be higher but the death % lower.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Calling upon the military for the extra manpower needed in hospitals and other areas is apparently highly controversial.

But calling upon them to guard our southern border was not.
Securing the nation's borders is within the scope of operations for the US Military and does not resort to an overreach of power. The National Guard is activated by governors of their respective states. They were the state militias until an act in the early 1900's renamed then the National Guard. The federal government is authorized to activate them without governor's consent but that only applies to the overseas deployment process. So, maybe there's a loophole there but I suspect that it wouldn't be necessary as governors shouldn't have a problem activating their NG units when necessary.

Of course, look into our eyes and tell us that you wouldn't be screaming about Trump following Hitler's model if he somehow activated the US Military and sent them into our cities and towns to help out with this.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Biden's speech last night was refreshing. It reminded me how our past Presidents (D or R) have led us during times of crisis.

Since Mitt is for giving everyone $1000, maybe Romney/Yang can run 3rd party?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT