ADVERTISEMENT

Real Leadership in times of Crisis

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
As Wall Street continues to go batsh*t crazy, I'm reminded of how real leadership can calm a fearful nation. Once upon a time, FDR responded to the panic on Wall Street with his famous, "All we have to fear is fear itself" quote.

In contrast, Trump tries to blame everybody for the corona virus panic BUT his Administration. Yesterday he had his lackeys telling everybody "it's all under control" when it was crystal clear to everybody that it's not.

My sense is that this pandemic is not nearly 'The Black Death' that the media is making it out to be. But when you've had three years of constant lying coming out of the White House, Trump talk of "it's under control" sure as hell isn't going to calm any fears.

It's times like this when the lack of any real leadership in the White House becomes painfully obvious.

As Wall Street continues to go batsh*t crazy, I'm reminded of how real leadership can calm a fearful nation. Once upon a time, FDR responded to the panic on Wall Street with his famous, "All we have to fear is fear itself" quote.

In contrast, Trump tries to blame everybody for the corona virus panic BUT his Administration. Yesterday he had his lackeys telling everybody "it's all under control" when it was crystal clear to everybody that it's not.

My sense is that this pandemic is not nearly 'The Black Death' that the media is making it out to be. But when you've had three years of constant lying coming out of the White House, Trump talk of "it's under control" sure as hell isn't going to calm any fears.

It's times like this when the lack of any real leadership in the White House becomes painfully obvious.
I never thought I would see the day when you agreed with trump. Props on this post.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Typical. Ignore the OP message and blindly attack.

Were you a big fan of when Trump took immigrant children away from their parents and put them in cages too? :rolleyes:
you mean the same cages built by the obama admin and that people couldve avoided if they didnt break the law? how many of those kids were with their familys and not actually being used to shield trafficking others or actual sex traffic?

also to go back to your op, you asked for leadership and you even said trump did what you wanted, but simply didnt believe him. thats on you, not on him. hell it even seems like you somewhat agree with trump with how bad this virus really is. i can see why you tds is acting up today.

you mean the same cages built by the obama admin and that people couldve avoided if they didnt break the law? how many of those kids were with their familys and not actually being used to shield trafficking others or actual sex traffic?

also to go back to your op, you asked for leadership and you even said trump did what you wanted, but simply didnt believe him. thats on you, not on him. hell it even seems like you somewhat agree with trump with how bad this virus really is. i can see why you tds is acting up today.

Holy shit you are literally insane.

CHysck8.png

Trump is a yugely calming presence in a really bigly storm, believe me.

Most unoriginal take on this entire board: Shookster crying and bitching endlessly about Trump.

Why even make this post? There is no one here that didn’t already know that you were knee deep in whimsy hysterics in order to blame everything on the President

Isn't he trying to calm the public instead of running around and wanting everyone to lock themselves up? It's a virus, the president isn't going to waive a magic wand.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Most unoriginal take on this entire board: Shookster crying and bitching endlessly about Trump.

Why even make this post? There is no one here that didn’t already know that you were knee deep in whimsy hysterics in order to blame everything on the President

Says the guy who scours the interwebs to make a new thread every single day whining like the goddamn little bitch that you are about how bad all Democrats are.

You are projecting again

also to go back to your op
What a novel idea.
you asked for leadership and you even said trump did what you wanted, but simply didnt believe him. thats on you, not on him. hell it even seems like you somewhat agree with trump with how bad this virus really is. i can see why you tds is acting up today.
Baloney. I said I didn't think this virus was some version of the Black Plague but that in no way, shape, or form says that Trump is doing "want I wanted."

A real leader would be calming the nation, not throwing gasoline on the fire by giving us the usual Trump bullsh*t (i.e. Kellyanne repeatedly saying "It's under control" while reporters throw the latest outbreak numbers in her face) and somehow thinking "Ms. Alternative Facts" is going to sway anyone.

What a novel idea.
once you realized that trump was doing the exact same thing as obama is time to move on.

Baloney. I said I didn't think this virus was some version of the Black Plague but that in no way, shape, or form says that Trump is doing "want I wanted."

A real leader would be calming the nation, not throwing gasoline on the fire by giving us the usual Trump bullsh*t (i.e. Kellyanne repeatedly saying "It's under control" while reporters throw the latest outbreak numbers in her face) and somehow thinking "Ms. Alternative Facts" is going to sway anyone.
i havent watched/read everything trump has said about the virus situation. i know you live on every word/tweet from the man. perhaps you should be more like me and get outside and partake in hobbies outside of politics.

trump says based on the scientists hes talked to the death rate isnt as bad as what the who say. do you agree or disagree?

you said you wanted a leader to show up and calm everyone down. trump and his admin repeatedly say they have it under control. this is exactly what you are asking of him. exactly what else should he say?

oh thats right, you have tds. youll wait for him to do something so that you can blame him for it and say he shouldve done the exact opposite.

Isn't he trying to calm the public instead of running around and wanting everyone to lock themselves up? It's a virus, the president isn't going to waive a magic wand.
If Trump made statements that created a panic, then Shookster would just say what a weak leader he was and blame him for causing a panic

Hey guys- the raging pussy who wanted to ruin the lives of the Covington teenagers over lies and manufactured outrage, not giving a shit anyways, is suddenly worried about leadership. Oh noz!

The only people complaining about the response are people with TDS. Everybody else can see they are doing a good job

I think it is way to early to say whether they are doing a good job or not. By all accounts, not nearly enough people are being tested.

I think it is way to early to say whether they are doing a good job or not. By all accounts, not nearly enough people are being tested.
We're 6 weeks in. Testing is increasing rapidly so it seems like we are moving in the right direction pretty quickly

We're 6 weeks in. Testing is increasing rapidly so it seems like we are moving in the right direction pretty quickly

Hopefully, but it is still spreading so we just don't know at this point where we will be in a month, 2 months, etc.

Because we have a fraction of the testing kits needed to do the job.

Nevertheless, this Administration is on top of this thing, right guys? :rolleyes:

Hopefully, but it is still spreading so we just don't know at this point where we will be in a month, 2 months, etc.
We are basically 60 days behind China so if we follow the same pattern it will see a big downturn within a month or 2. Here's hoping.

We are basically 60 days behind China so if we follow the same pattern it will see a big downturn within a month or 2. Here's hoping.

Except China locked down entire cities. The entire country of Italy is essentially shut down right now. We haven't remotely done the things China has done and many people have said we haven't tested nearly enough people. We can't expect to get China's results when our approach is entirely different from theirs.

Because we have a fraction of the testing kits needed to do the job.

Nevertheless, this Administration is on top of this thing, right guys? :rolleyes:
its almost like weve never seen this version of the virus before so accurate tests never existed and had to be created, and sometimes those tests have false positives so you have to go back and recreate the tests before they are ready to be sent to the factories to be mass produced and then sent out to hospitals across a very large country.... all of which are trumps fault

Reactions: Crazyhole
Yeah, Wayne. Make excuses for the Administration being caught flat-footed. Our Blowhard-in-Chief and his Clown Act Administration thought it was a waste of money to have scientists on the Government dole to prepare for some 'futuristic, sci-fi' sh*t.

But it's all good. Despite our slow response, listen to all of Trump's talking heads: They'll tell you Trump has it all "under control." :rolleyes:

I don't know how in the hell anyone here can argue that the United States has things "under control" when countries like Italy and South Korea offer drive-by testing while we have a mere fraction of the tests we need to keep things "under control" in this country.

As a result, we've got people who think they may be infected going to hospital emergency rooms and infecting other sick people.

Except China locked down entire cities. The entire country of Italy is essentially shut down right now. We haven't remotely done the things China has done and many people have said we haven't tested nearly enough people. We can't expect to get China's results when our approach is entirely different from theirs.

Who said those are necessarily the right outcomes? There are alot of doctors saying that China's "lockdown" made alot of cases far worse, since they locked healthy people in close proximity with sick people, and alot of previously healthy elderly people became sick or died from it.

Panic and overreaction rarely goes well, and I don't trust a goddamn thing China does. They are owed not a single bit of praise for how they handled this, given COVID19 largely exists because they jailed the doctors who tried to raise the alarm bells before anyone was even infected.

Honestly there's not much Trump can do. Its not fair to blame any of this on him. He shouldn't get the blame for the spread. Short of taking extreme measure before it hit the US it was always going to be like this. It's happening everywhere to good leaders and bad.

The problem for me is that his messaging is basically, "this is no big deal" when it actually has the potential to be a huge deal. We just don't know enough which is why we should be being cautious. I don't think he is thinking about anything past November election and half of the country thinks this is all fake media scare tactics.

Who said those are necessarily the right outcomes? There are alot of doctors saying that China's "lockdown" made alot of cases far worse, since they locked healthy people in close proximity with sick people, and alot of previously healthy elderly people became sick or died from it.

Panic and overreaction rarely goes well, and I don't trust a goddamn thing China does. They are owed not a single bit of praise for how they handled this, given COVID19 largely exists because they jailed the doctors who tried to raise the alarm bells before anyone was even infected.

I am not endorsing one approach over the other. I am just pointing out that we can't expect the same results and to follow the same timeline as other countries if our approach isn't at all the same as those countries.

Reactions: DaShuckster
I am not endorsing one approach over the other. I am just pointing out that we can't expect the same results and to follow the same timeline as other countries if our approach isn't at all the same as those countries.

Here's the best way to stop the spread of anything, including that one virus that kills 20,000 people a year:

- Wash
- Stay home when you're sick (employers, mandate sick people stay home)
- Don't go around people who are more at risk when you're in the middle of being sick

We don't need the military to lock down entire cities. I've been listening to Dr Radio on Sirirus XM with top virologists all week and not a single one of them think this mass lock down/mass quarantining is useful or effective once you have community spread.

Honestly there's not much Trump can do. Its not fair to blame any of this on him. He shouldn't get the blame for the spread. Short of taking extreme measure before it hit the US it was always going to be like this. It's happening everywhere to good leaders and bad.

The problem for me is that his messaging is basically, "this is no big deal" when it actually has the potential to be a huge deal. We just don't know enough which is why we should be being cautious. I don't think he is thinking about anything past November election and half of the country thinks this is all fake media scare tactics.

I think this is where most of the blame is directed with regards to Trump. WE don't need to panic but we do need to be prepared, and pushing the idea that the media is playing it up and things of that nature can potentially be pretty harmful.

Here's the best way to stop the spread of anything, including that one virus that kills 20,000 people a year:

- Wash
- Stay home when you're sick (employers, mandate sick people stay home)
- Don't go around people who are more at risk when you're in the middle of being sick

We don't need the military to lock down entire cities. I've been listening to Dr Radio on Sirirus XM with top virologists all week and not a single one of them think this mass lock down/mass quarantining is useful or effective once you have community spread.

You are still missing my point. I was simply responding to Crazy who said we are basically 60 days behind China. But China took a lot more drastic measures then we did, so trying to put ourselves on a timeline with them is pointless.

I think this is where most of the blame is directed with regards to Trump. WE don't need to panic but we do need to be prepared, and pushing the idea that the media is playing it up and things of that nature can potentially be pretty harmful.

Have you been watching? The media IS playing this up to asinine and insane levels. We are literally getting a national headline every time someone is being tested for the virus. The reason you can't find TP in a store in this country is mostly thanks to the media, not anything coming from the Government.

Have you been watching? The media IS playing this up to asinine and insane levels. We are literally getting a national headline every time someone is being tested for the virus. The reason you can't find TP in a store in this country is mostly thanks to the media, not anything coming from the Government.
I've got toilet paper. Know why? Because I didn't listen to Trump I listened to WHO and CDC. I saw what was happening and got ready in case of quarantine.

We are getting headlines with new cases, not every time someone is being tested. The media reporting news is their job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT