ADVERTISEMENT

Recession, Stock Market tanking, and....?

It's really cool to see a Newbie join the board and jump right into the fray! Damn, nearly 50 posts in a couple of weeks! You sure know how to make an entrance, BCHailMary!

What's more, you've done a great job of stepping into the HUGE VOID that was left here when KNIGHTTIME left us!!!!
👍
BCHailMary = Knighttime

4f708250b8c0002b129594732ff46dff.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
I didn’t “interpret” anything. You posted the graph. I just used the rates indicated by the graph.
Sure you did, and then tied it to wage growth.

Maybe it would be more useful to compare inflation rates to the money supply:

10% average inflation over 20 years=12 cents on the dollar

From 2000 to 2019, M2 went from 400 billion to 15 trillion, or a 37.5 times increase. 2.6 cents on the dollar.

Sure looks like 10% is pretty dang close.

Sure you did, and then tied it to wage growth.

Maybe it would be more useful to compare inflation rates to the money supply:

10% average inflation over 20 years=12 cents on the dollar

From 2000 to 2019, M2 went from 400 billion to 15 trillion, or a 37.5 times increase. 2.6 cents on the dollar.

Sure looks like 10% is pretty dang close.
You are wrong. Sorry someone tweetered you a shitty chart that you now have to try to explain, but there is 0 chance inflation has outpaced wage growth by 5-7% per year for decades. The fact that you think there is a reasonable argument to be made for support of the chart should be grounds for a mental evaluation.

@Crazyhole Seriously. Just curious. Didn’t you have more fun on the Huskerboards, than getting totally abused here? Why would you come back to this? Seems odd. Almost like an addiction/obsession

Inflation is high because our economy is rebounding after the mess of the former administration with covid. Republicans refusing to get some shots and wearing masks caused the extended problem. Covid is up like 300% in some areas vs last year because Republicans won't mask up. Trump refusing to shutdown didn't help either. Joe got us out of Afghanistan and he is fixing the economic mess. Nobody complained about all that free cash right? Thank Biden and build us back better.
Lmao, ok brandon. Nearly none of the economy is rebounding. None

His name is Melvin, or knighttime and he is just a stupid troll who thinks he’s being cute in between making sandwiches at wawa.
Notice that the Melvin and Corky show-2 came back at the same time? Freaking bizarre

Planned it out, no doubt.

You really couldn’t find two people who are bigger losers.
1). Corky gets banned for getting baited and posting racist and gay bashing statements

2). Melvin gets lonely and can’t hang alone forever

3) They converse and Melvin deletes all his posts over days and follows you

4) Melvin comes back with a fake name

5) Corky comes back with an obvious fake name. Freaking dumb obvious!!! 😂😂😂

6) Corky tries to bait me, but tells me what I can’t do and it’s so obvious that even a rat 🐀 would avoid a dumpster full of restaurant leftovers. Lol 😂😂😂😂

7). IDGAF if I can’t post here! That’s the funny part 😂.

This is a classic 2 village idiots story

1). Corky gets banned for getting baited and posting racist and gay bashing statements

2). Melvin gets lonely and can’t hang alone forever

3) They converse and Melvin deletes all his posts over days and follows you

4) Melvin comes back with a fake name

5) Corky comes back with an obvious fake name. Freaking dumb obvious!!! 😂😂😂

6) Corky tries to bait me, but tells me what I can’t do and it’s so obvious that even a rat 🐀 would avoid a dumpster full of restaurant leftovers. Lol 😂😂😂😂

7). IDGAF if I can’t post here! That’s the funny part 😂.

This is a classic 2 village idiots story
Almost Perfect timeline. Except you left out the part where Corky retained the services of Morgan and Morgan and cried to Brandon. Also, you left out UCFoBeSe crying for two months and going insane and virtue signaling like a woke pig. It truly was a:

IS THIS A TRIBAL CIRCLE JERK

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes
Except if believe this “real” inflation rate you would conclude that inflation has increased by 670% over the past 2 decades while aggregate annualized pay rates have increased by 100%. Which is illogical on its face.
Shutup lib, yall effed this up with brandon. Own it

You are wrong. Sorry someone tweetered you a shitty chart that you now have to try to explain, but there is 0 chance inflation has outpaced wage growth by 5-7% per year for decades. The fact that you think there is a reasonable argument to be made for support of the chart should be grounds for a mental evaluation.
Did you consider the idea that maybe your wage growth data is wrong?

What the hell are you internet dorks talking about? Do you losers have any life? Joe Mama ucf is averaging 3 posts a day including holidays for 21 years. How do you become that big of a bottle cap glasses wearing loser? I imagine some pimples, glasses, and some nice bright white shoes. Pretty close?

The other guy is averaging well over 12 posts per day including holidays for 7 years. Can you dorks ever find a woman? I can't imagine how unathletic you guys must be in real life. Last picks in dodgeball fo shizzle. Picturing Steve Urkel?

What the hell are you internet dorks talking about? Do you losers have any life? Joe Mama ucf is averaging 3 posts a day including holidays for 21 years. How do you become that big of a bottle cap glasses wearing loser? I imagine some pimples, glasses, and some nice bright white shoes. Pretty close?

The other guy is averaging well over 12 posts per day including holidays for 7 years. Can you dorks ever find a woman? I can't imagine how unathletic you guys must be in real life. Last picks in dodgeball fo shizzle. Picturing Steve Urkel?
What up, knighttime. You’re too obvious. Why did you delete all your posts from the past 20 years?????

• Haha
@Crazyhole Seriously. Just curious. Didn’t you have more fun on the Huskerboards, than getting totally abused here? Why would you come back to this? Seems odd. Almost like an addiction/obsession
The fact that you admit to me being abused here by the likes of a few select posters is pretty sad, and it explains why so many have left the board. I'm honestly not sure why you guys want to run everybody off.

Are you telling me we're not going through an inflation, and folks are not feeling the pinch? My 401K has dropped nearly 20% this year...so all those "wage growths" went right now the sewer. Even if wage growth may have gone up, I'm still in a worse situation. Not sure if you have assets...but those of us that do try to protect them and plan for a rainy day. Maybe you need the mental eval? I know I do if this continues.

Are you telling me we're not going through an inflation, and folks are not feeling the pinch? My 401K has dropped nearly 20% this year...so all those "wage growths" went right now the sewer. Even if wage growth may have gone up, I'm still in a worse situation. Not sure if you have assets...but those of us that do try to protect them and plan for a rainy day. Maybe you need the mental eval? I know I do if this continues.
I’m talking about the tweet chart crazyhole posted, obviously. Not about those grievances you just aired out of nowhere. Again, obviously.

I’m talking about the tweet chart crazyhole posted, obviously. Not about those grievances you just aired out of nowhere. Again, obviously.
The chart created by an actual economist, and when you tried to interpret it you literally said that your interpretation didn't make sense? That chart?

The chart created by an actual economist, and when you tried to interpret it you literally said that your interpretation didn't make sense? That chart?
Whichever one said we have had inflation that outpaced wage growth by 5-7% yearly for the past 2 decades. Yes that’s the one. Anyone who retweets it should be institutionalized.

Whichever one said we have had inflation that outpaced wage growth by 5-7% yearly for the past 2 decades. Yes that’s the one. Anyone who retweets it should be institutionalized.
And BTW, the chud who tweeted it is no economist. If the chart was real it would mean we are in the midst of a 30 year recession. Luckily it isn’t real.

Nobody but you said that it outpaced wage growth by 5-7%. Then again, according to you we've actually been in a deflationary period for 20 years.

Nobody but you said that it outpaced wage growth by 5-7%. Then again, according to you we've actually been in a deflationary period for 20 years.
We have never been in a deflationary period recently. I never said we have. But yes we know what wage growth has been because wages are reported to the government so they can be taxed. Annualized it has been in the 3% range. The chart you posted shows inflation hovering around 10%. I leave the subtraction to you. And no I didn’t say that it outpaced wage growth 5-7%. That’s what your ridiculous chart says. Take the L and come back better and stronger next time.

Shadow stats is a website created by an economist.
Cool. You should give that guy $175 of your money a year so he can give you data that doesn’t even pass a basic smell test so you can regurgitate it here and get embarrassed again. Let me know once you get signed up.

• Haha

“A number of economists and finance experts have claimed that the Shadowstats CPI is conceptually wrong and that their usage leads to easily disproven and absurd conclusions.[4][12][13][14][15]

Well no shit.

it also turns out the dude doesn’t actually recalculate the CPI. He just adds some constant to the data that is released. And charges you $175 a year.

“A number of economists and finance experts have claimed that the Shadowstats CPI is conceptually wrong and that their usage leads to easily disproven and absurd conclusions.[4][12][13][14][15]

Well no shit.

it also turns out the dude doesn’t actually recalculate the CPI. He just adds some constant to the data that is released. And charges you $175 a year.
Shocking

Here is another Chud goto Twitter feed/website that’s used here by……🙄

A factual search reveals 10+ failed fact checks. Further, Disclose TV is also on Politifact’s Fake News List.

Overall, we rate Disclose TV a Tin Foil Hat conspiracy website that is low in factual reporting due to numerous failed fact checks and a lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 7/22/2016) Updated (7/24/2021

This is what happens when people let Twitter think for them and post it here trying to prove no point and impress

Speaking of Twitter chudism, where is Bostonstrangler? What will his new handle be?

Here’s a guy who shreds shadow stats in a different way showing it equally as ridiculous. It’s not in a tweet though so not sure if crazy can digest it or not.

“We know the Average yield in the 5 year over the last decade was 3.4%. A rough estimate of shadow stats inflation would be 9% per year since the year 2000.

Real Yield = 3.4% – 9.0% = -5.6%

To believe that Shadow Stats is true, we must believe investors have been paying 5.6% to lend to the treasury for an entire decade! Now, I support a bit looser government purse than most people. But by these standards, I might as well be Von Mises! These people who are giving the U.S. government nearly 6% per year are paying the U.S. government to issue debt.

These people paid 5.6% per year to lend to the U.S. government in real terms. I don’t buy it.

There is also another horrific conclusion from this exercise. If we take Shadow stats seriously, the U.S. Government earns 5.6% per year from borrowing money. Yes, according to John Williams, the government earns massive returns by borrowing!

Go through the math yourself, and borrow money for 10 years at 3% when inflation is at 100%. Use these numbers, because it will be hugely clear: Borrowing at a lower rate than the inflation rate is a path to wealth. You’ll be easily able to pay back the debt with far cheaper money in the future. A few hours of work at a Starbucks and you’ll pay off a massive debt. You’ll make a tidy sum just from borrowing.”

Man, this is fun.

Here’s a guy who shreds shadow stats in a different way showing it equally as ridiculous. It’s not in a tweet though so not sure if crazy can digest it or not.

“We know the Average yield in the 5 year over the last decade was 3.4%. A rough estimate of shadow stats inflation would be 9% per year since the year 2000.

Real Yield = 3.4% – 9.0% = -5.6%

To believe that Shadow Stats is true, we must believe investors have been paying 5.6% to lend to the treasury for an entire decade! Now, I support a bit looser government purse than most people. But by these standards, I might as well be Von Mises! These people who are giving the U.S. government nearly 6% per year are paying the U.S. government to issue debt.

These people paid 5.6% per year to lend to the U.S. government in real terms. I don’t buy it.

There is also another horrific conclusion from this exercise. If we take Shadow stats seriously, the U.S. Government earns 5.6% per year from borrowing money. Yes, according to John Williams, the government earns massive returns by borrowing!

Go through the math yourself, and borrow money for 10 years at 3% when inflation is at 100%. Use these numbers, because it will be hugely clear: Borrowing at a lower rate than the inflation rate is a path to wealth. You’ll be easily able to pay back the debt with far cheaper money in the future. A few hours of work at a Starbucks and you’ll pay off a massive debt. You’ll make a tidy sum just from borrowing.”

Man, this is fun.
Good lord. Does CPI account for everything that a person spends their income on? No, it's only a fraction of it. You are acting as though a person that makes a million bucks a year is affected the same way that a person that makes 60k is.

Good lord. Does CPI account for everything that a person spends their income on? No, it's only a fraction of it. You are acting as though a person that makes a million bucks a year is affected the same way that a person that makes 60k is.
None of what you just stated has anything to do with the asskicking you are taking on the last page of this thread. Keep trying.

200.gif

Over the past 20 years “shadow CPI” has been 9%, wage growth has been 3%, and the poverty rate has remained constant. This makes perfect sense.

None of what you just stated has anything to do with the asskicking you are taking on the last page of this thread. Keep trying.

200.gif
You're going full Brawndo right now.

9% inflation sounds about right, because by my numbers it would be around 9.4%. CPI is a fraction of household spending. Unless you are going to say that the majority of wage growth is in lower income households, I fail to see why you think that is a metric of value to even consider in this discussion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT