ADVERTISEMENT

Recession, Stock Market tanking, and....?

You're going full Brawndo right now.

9% inflation sounds about right, because by my numbers it would be around 9.4%. CPI is a fraction of household spending. Unless you are going to say that the majority of wage growth is in lower income households, I fail to see why you think that is a metric of value to even consider in this discussion.
I get that you don’t see it. We’ve already skinned this cat 5 different ways. Nobody cares about “your numbers” being 9.4%. It’s equally as impossible. If you want to believe in a fairy tale where the borrowing rate is 3% and inflation is 9.4% then nobody can stop you. But we can call you an idiot.

I get that you don’t see it. We’ve already skinned this cat 5 different ways. Nobody cares about “your numbers” being 9.4%. It’s equally as impossible. If you want to believe in a fairy tale where the borrowing rate is 3% and inflation is 9.4% then nobody can stop you. But we can call you an idiot.
It absolutely does make sense, because people only invest money that are above what their living expenses are. CPI is only a fraction of a person's income, so excess can be invested at lower rates. That isn't exactly rocket science.

You are trying to conflate several different elements here to confuse the conversation.

It absolutely does make sense, because people only invest money that are above what their living expenses are. CPI is only a fraction of a person's income, so excess can be invested at lower rates. That isn't exactly rocket science.

You are trying to conflate several different elements here to confuse the conversation.
CPI is a measure of what things cost. It doesn’t map to the secret stats shit you posted. Mainly because we know what things used to cost and their price appreciation doesn’t match. But also for all the obvious and simple reasons I’ve already stated. Like, you can claim inflation has been 10% for decades, but at the end of the day we know what stuff cost 2 decades ago. So we just skinned the cat one more way. Try harder next time.

CPI is a measure of what things cost. It doesn’t map to the secret stats shit you posted. Mainly because we know what things used to cost and their price appreciation doesn’t match. But also for all the obvious and simple reasons I’ve already stated. Like, you can claim inflation has been 10% for decades, but at the end of the day we know what stuff cost 2 decades ago. So we just skinned the cat one more way. Try harder next time.
Why do you bother? You’re right. He’s wrong. He’s just stringing you along at this point because he’s lonely and this is the most human contact he’s had in two months.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Of course we have an idea of what things cost 2 decades ago. You're ignoring the flipside of that coin in that we've been using QE to make price increases seem invisible. It's not a linear equation.

Of course we have an idea of what things cost 2 decades ago. You're ignoring the flipside of that coin in that we've been using QE to make price increases seem invisible. It's not a linear equation.
Someone is charging you for bogus data. You can work back in time using the shadow stats charted inflation rates from current cost of goods and the further you go back the more it diverges from actual known prices in history. Another easy way to see how ludicrous it is. There is no “flip side”. I’ll spare your dignity from here on out if you just accept the L and act like you didn’t post that dumb tweet.

Someone is charging you for bogus data. You can work back in time using the shadow stats charted inflation rates from current cost of goods and the further you go back the more it diverges from actual known prices in history. Another easy way to see how ludicrous it is. There is no “flip side”. I’ll spare your dignity from here on out if you just accept the L and act like you didn’t post that dumb tweet.
So increasing the money supply by 37.5 times in 20 years is nothing. Gotcha sparky.

Reactions: chemmie
So increasing the money supply by 37.5 times in 20 years is nothing. Gotcha sparky.
I thought we were talking about paying $175 a year for someone to tell us about 10% inflation for the past 20 years despite actual prices indicating much much lower. Because history has happened already. Oddly during the period of runaway hyperinflation the “economist” with a BS Econ hasn’t raised his prices. I guess when your methodology is simply to add 5% to whatever the government releases you don’t have much overhead. 😂

Look at the lines on the chart you posted. They are exactly parallel. The methodology used to get the data is so bad it’s almost as if it’s entire purpose is for mockery of people willing to shell out the $175 a year to see it.

I thought we were talking about paying $175 a year for someone to tell us about 10% inflation for the past 20 years despite actual prices indicating much much lower. Because history has happened already. Oddly during the period of runaway hyperinflation the “economist” with a BS Econ hasn’t raised his prices. I guess when your methodology is simply to add 5% to whatever the government releases you don’t have much overhead. 😂
Typical leftist deflection. Attack the messenger, obfuscate the message as best possible, then act as though you've won some great victory.

I ain't reading all the bullshit in here, but I will say that Crazyhole and I have been predicting shitstain levels of inflation for years. If anything, it took longer than we though, and will likely be worse after the Covid money dump.

Reactions: Crazyhole
images
Please relocate and continue in the Parking Lot - this is interfering with the calculation of growth rate argument 😂

I ain't reading all the bullshit in here, but I will say that Crazyhole and I have been predicting shitstain levels of inflation for years. If anything, it took longer than we though, and will likely be worse after the Covid money dump.
It sure looks like the 2nd and 3rd relief packages were the final tipping point. Inflation has always been here, its just been hidden but those days are over.

It sure looks like the 2nd and 3rd relief packages were the final tipping point. Inflation has always been here, its just been hidden but those days are over.
You mean based on that $175 chart where the guy simply adds exactly 6% to whatever the released CPI is?

Looks like another 5-600 dollar drop at opening today. Also, bitcoin dropped below 25,000. Rough water ahead.

Oh shi. Pool cleaner ensured a bottom coming soon. We are approaching my 4000-4100 range called several months ago. Good value can be found around there.
Well the Retired small business owner is looking pretty smart now calling a BEAR, has been around long enough to see reality.
You didn't know squat. 3749 close today. All the markets are solidly in bear range now. The only positive is this is starting to look like panic selling, which may signal a bottom coming.

Well the Retired small business owner is looking pretty smart now calling a BEAR, has been around long enough to see reality.
We bottomed at 3800 and went to 4180. I thought we could go a tad higher. End goal was always 3500 though. A month ago we were at 3930 and I said we would see 3500 but could see 4400 first. We then spiked up 250 points but didn’t have enough push to hit 4400. That was a ceiling.

Last edited:
We bottomed at 3800 and went to 4170. I thought we could go a tad higher. End goal was always 3500 though.
You initially called 41 to 42 then lowered it after talking of partial buy in at 42+ Then after it broke below 4k changed again to 35 after first calling the bottom of 40. You change daily to cover the bad calls and continue to look like you know what the heck you are talking about. They way you play your calls you can't ever be wrong. You didn't expect bear markets because normal people could see the writing on the wall and you wanted to be a contrarian. The only thing you may get right is it hitting 35.

You initially called 41 to 42 then lowered it after talking of partial buy in at 42+ Then after it broke below 4k changed again to 35 after first calling the bottom of 40. You change daily to cover the bad calls and continue to look like you know what the heck you are talking about. They way you play your calls you can't ever be wrong. You didn't expect bear markets because normal people could see the writing on the wall and you wanted to be a contrarian. The only thing you may get right is it hitting 35.
Right. I don’t change daily, but I change when a significant support is lost or we break out of a significant resistance. The market is bound by support and resistance. I’m merely posting those levels. We broke support which triggered the sell into the next support level and a 250 point bounce there. It happens. EW pattern has been predicting a ~3500 bottom for a while. But the wave pattern indicated the spike up that we saw last week as a precursor. I thought it may go higher but as the support and resistance levels are based on moving averages, the timing of the actual move plays a factor as well.

U are lost in minutia, I didn't need to look at technical data to predict all that mattered. market direction. and that clearly was down for all the markets. It was so clear a correction wasn't happening, but rather a bear that even a blind bat could see it. The #1 reason markets were where they were was the Fed making it all but impossible to invest in anything else. Now they are pulling back the free $$ and raising rates, there is no support for the market. Inflation is robbing the middle and lower classes, the price of borrowing going up, housing will be cracking soon as fed continues to raise rates, labor cost are out of control, and tons of people got enough free $$ that they still don't want to work, recession is coming sooner not later, and the fed can try to tell us it isn't but anyone out there can feel where things are headed.

None of that made logical sense. All gains under biden are wiped out plus US citizens are dealing with inflation 10%+, but we can weather the storm because of gains made under Biden? Then to randomly say Putin price hike?

I realize Biden is one of the best presidents ever but she needs to work on making coherent arguments.

None of that made logical sense. All gains under biden are wiped out plus US citizens are dealing with inflation 10%+, but we can weather the storm because of gains made under Biden? Then to randomly say Putin price hike?

I realize Biden is one of the best presidents ever but she needs to work on making coherent arguments.
Which is the sammie of the day at wawa, knighttime??!?!

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I wonder if I'm gonna save another 16 cents on my 4th of July barbecue next month.

61tPDRxKGAL._AC_SX425_.jpg

^^^^^^^ We are arguing with a guy who’s been forced into retirement by this 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Oh shi. Pool cleaner ensured a bottom coming soon. We are approaching my 4000-4100 range called several months ago. Good value can be found around there. April 29
now 3724, sure was a good value. only down 7% since then.

April 25. Everybody is calling for a bear market and recession. Which is why it’s unlikely.
Bear or recession unlikely, well you are already 1/2 wrong.

I said that the market will not behave the way you expect. I do think we will go down another 15%. However I expect us to get a run up first now that everyone is bearish. Then when the FOMO buyers get back in we will head lower. May 21.

Market has done exactly what I expected, You finally get on board for bear market.

Trained monkey reading the charts done by other monkeys. and ignoring what is happening in the real world.

now 3724, sure was a good value. only down 7% since then.

April 25. Everybody is calling for a bear market and recession. Which is why it’s unlikely.
Bear or recession unlikely, well you are already 1/2 wrong.

I said that the market will not behave the way you expect. I do think we will go down another 15%. However I expect us to get a run up first now that everyone is bearish. Then when the FOMO buyers get back in we will head lower. May 21.

Market has done exactly what I expected, You finally get on board for bear market.

Trained monkey reading the charts done by other monkeys. and ignoring what is happening in the real world.
SPX was nearing 4200 a week ago. So yeah if you bought in the 4000-4100 range you made some money. But obviously if SPX is destined for 3500 then that isn’t an indication to buy and hold long term. Even a pool cleaner should understand that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT