ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

I'd like to point out that last year we lost 9 commits by the end of the recruiting cycle. So there's lots of time and scholarships left for us to improve our class rank(this year). And for our conference foes to fall. Also, I heard we're looking to sign a full 25 this class. If so, this class could rank higher than last years based on the number of recruits alone.

I won't lie and say we're currently where I want us to be on signing day. If we end up ranked anything below 3rd in conference I'd be a little disappointed but I'm not ready to get disappointed or emotional over recruiting until December. And even then I'd just take it like any other L. When you've played sports you take an L every once in a while. Business is the same way.

Last edited:
Both commits have P5 offers. The whole “unranked” thing is stupid in July. They will become ranked as soon as 247 sees they committed to UCF. They will be a 3 star.
I really love Mike Lofton. I see him as way undervalued by the recruiting services. Mike Smith looks good on film too but I'm a poor judge of talent for DBs. Also like Johnny Richardson, he doesn't go down and plows through bigger guys. Haven't looked into either of the new guys much.

I'd like to point out that last year we lost 9 commits by the end of the recruiting cycle. So there's lots of time and scholarships left for us to improve our class rank(this year). And for our conference foes to fall. Also, I heard we're looking to sign a full 25 this class. If so, this class could rank higher than last years based on the number of recruits alone.

I won't lie and say we're currently where I want us to be on signing day. If we end up ranked anything below 3rd in conference I'd be a little disappointed but I'm not ready to get disappointed or emotional over recruiting until December. And even then I'd just take it like any other L. When you've played sports you take an L every once in a while. Business is the same way.

In light of our past two seasons and other program and Univ. successes, I will be disappointed if we are ranked anything below number 1.

In light of our past two seasons and other program and Univ. successes, I will be disappointed if we are ranked anything below number 1.
I definitely wouldn't argue with you on that. I fully understand.
I am of the perspective that there's serious competition within our conference for recruiting and believe that, sometimes, you get beat. Recruits are excited about Cincy and Memphis and there's nothing we can do about that. Those team have gained prestige as a result of the attention we've brought to the AAC and they're beating Tennessee, tOSU, and other blue bloods for some recruits. Those recruits want to be part of whatever team knocks us off and goes to a NY6 game. It's hard to stay on top. We need to be continually striving for the next level in everything we do or our competition will catch up.
If I had to elaborate on my 3rd in the AAC position I would say that shouldn't be every year. Of course I care way more about the results on the field.

Reactions: Yaes
i'm obsessed with the size and speed profile (NFL) for the position, not stars. if you sign enough really athletic 6'5"-6'7" DL, a few of them gotta turn out good. our player development game just has to be on point and the coaches feel they can develop these guys into the kind of players that can keep us on top and even take us to the next level.

July turns out to be a good month yet again (5 recruits). Having 15 at this point makes being at 20 in December very doable. Yes, not everybody on this list will stick. Competition at certain positions always drives some away.

Read he had two ACL tears. A lot of guys come back from that to be 100% again by the next year but sounds like he's struggled. I've seen 2+ years to full recovery.

Anyway, the article says he was sending documentation of his injury/recovery to programs so I'm sure the coaches think he's ready to go. Already missed one day of camp...better get in there!

Read he had two ACL tears. A lot of guys come back from that to be 100% again by the next year but sounds like he's struggled. I've seen 2+ years to full recovery.

Anyway, the article says he was sending documentation of his injury/recovery to programs so I'm sure the coaches think he's ready to go. Already missed one day of camp...better get in there!

Even if he has to rehab more this year, maybe play in a few games toward the end of the season to stay fresh, I'll welcome the added depth on the line.

Even if he has to rehab more this year, maybe play in a few games toward the end of the season to stay fresh, I'll welcome the added depth on the line.

Yeah he's a talented kid that ran into some bad luck with injuries. Doesn't hurt to bring him in and give it a try.

Not sure how my memory is that bad. I seriously thought he sat out last year and was going to play this year. I knew he had concussion problems but not ever playing is a head scratcher.
If I remember correctly, he had more issues in spring 2018 practice and decided to retire. Hope I'm not spreading misinformation. He was a monster. Wish him the best of luck going forward.

two ACL tears and another major knee injury. So three total

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT