ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

I think you are missing my point of the post... I already said you were right on some things and make good points - hell I’m a convert to some of the recruiting critique...

it’s just the frequency and volume, and the back and forth bickering that it creates is getting to be too much!

wouldnt you be better served creating a fan page, a blog or a podcast? you clearly have the time and content...

you might even make some money off of it

Fair critique. I often over do it due to unnecessary attacks from Dungeonites like Captain Ahab who attempt to shame and discredit me. Your post is well taken.

Reactions: Black_Knight07
Deerfield Beach safety Phillip OBrien decommited from Auburn today and signed with Pitt. We never recruited the kid.

We whiffed on half a dozen safeties but never offered this kid. Why? Jeremy?

I’d actually be happy if an AAC team gets a “top 10” class. Don’t see it happening, but I’d be happy.
This type of thinking is some how encouraged here, but why?

We need to focus on our team and on joining a P5 conference. Wishing more success on Cincy who has a much better coaching staff and has been kicking our ass? Miss me with that.

AAC is what it is and it wont change. Cincy having great success just moves them the up the list to join a P5 conference. STOP IT!

This type of thinking is some how encouraged here, but why?

We need to focus on our team and on joining a P5 conference. Wishing more success on Cincy who has a much better coaching staff and has been kicking our ass? Miss me with that.

AAC is what it is and it wont change. Cincy having great success just moves them the up the list to join a P5 conference. STOP IT!
That’s twisting my comment a bit.

Would I rather be UCF With the top class? Of course. Do I want Cincy and the rest of the aac to have a bottom ranked classes? No

I just checked the past 5 years on 247 and a non P5 hasn’t been in the top 30. I would guess that’s probably true for the top 50 as well, but I didn’t verify, as I’m sure would be the trend going back more than the last 5 years. There is a big divide in perceptionnandJust like I think ucf’s 2017 run helped Cincy with their top 10 rating this year, I think anything which improves perception of the conference ultimately benefits ucf because, like it or not, we currently are NOT P5.

We should absolutely be proactively making all moves possible to make sure we get included in the next round of conference realignment (assuming one occurs), but hoping our opponents are miserable in the meantime doesn’t sell tickets or make us attractive for TV slots, etc.

Meanwhile these idiots are focusing on a wr that isn’t coming here. Cincinnati’s already moving onto 2022, as great teams do. We’re stuck with a bunch of useless idiots who are wasting time and resources.

That’s twisting my comment a bit.

Would I rather be UCF With the top class? Of course. Do I want Cincy and the rest of the aac to have a bottom ranked classes? No

I just checked the past 5 years on 247 and a non P5 hasn’t been in the top 30. I would guess that’s probably true for the top 50 as well, but I didn’t verify, as I’m sure would be the trend going back more than the last 5 years. There is a big divide in perceptionnandJust like I think ucf’s 2017 run helped Cincy with their top 10 rating this year, I think anything which improves perception of the conference ultimately benefits ucf because, like it or not, we currently are NOT P5.

We should absolutely be proactively making all moves possible to make sure we get included in the next round of conference realignment (assuming one occurs), but hoping our opponents are miserable in the meantime doesn’t sell tickets or make us attractive for TV slots, etc.
The AAC is 1-3 so far in bowl games. Our focus needs to be in leaving the conference for a P5

Meanwhile these idiots are focusing on a wr that isn’t coming here. Cincinnati’s already moving onto 2022, as great teams do. We’re stuck with a bunch of useless idiots who are wasting time and resources.

Writers that cover the team have to follow and agree with whatever stupidity Heupel says to them. They dont and they lose access. Fans dont need to go along.

Writers that cover the team have to follow and agree with whatever stupidity Heupel says to them. They dont and they lose access. Fans dont need to go along.
Was talking about the coaches. They’re focused on someone that isn’t coming here while Cincinnati is kicking our ass in our backyard.

Was talking about the coaches. They’re focused on someone that isn’t coming here while Cincinnati is kicking our ass in our backyard.

I have been telling everyone about Heupel for years now. The man is incompetent. After 2017 our recruting should have taken off. People here all made excuses for him and ran me off the forum.

The man makes Hawaii a priority - HAWAII but he can't even recruit Florida. Florida the state with the most talent.

Look at the posts from Jeremy, Captain Ahab and the rest. All making excuses and still doing so.

We are in Florida, probably the best passing team in the nation and we cant recruit WRS!!

Heupel can't recruit QBs either. Missed on everyone last year and the same story this year. Please miss me with more 5'10" pocket passers. We need a 6'1" - 6'2" guy with legs.

We missed on every single QB this year and landed the last guy on our board. Let's not even go about last year.

I have been telling everyone about Heupel for years now. The man is incompetent. After 2017 our recruting should have taken off. People here all made excuses for him and ran me off the forum.

The man makes Hawaii a priority - HAWAII but he can't even recruit Florida. Florida the state with the most talent.

Look at the posts from Jeremy, Captain Ahab and the rest. All making excuses and still doing so.

We are in Florida, probably the best passing team in the nation and we cant recruit WRS!!

Heupel can't recruit QBs either. Missed on everyone last year and the same story this year. Please miss me with more 5'10" pocket passers. We need a 6'1" - 6'2" guy with legs.

We missed on every single QB this year and landed the last guy on our board. Let's not even go about last year.
Keene is talented. I’m not going to bash him for that. However, I think he has done horrific at recruiting. Shannon sucks too.

Most of them are the real yes men. I can’t follow people like that. You don’t get the real story. You get the spin the team wants to be told.

The AAC is 1-3 so far in bowl games. Our focus needs to be in leaving the conference for a P5
Do you think our chances of doing that are better performing well against a weaker AAC or a stronger AAC?

Also, we can’t go anywhere until someone is willing to take us, no matter how good our resume is.

Moving the topic back to recruiting: I really am worried about the trend of not recruiting central Florida. We’re overly reliant on south Florida kids.

Reactions: Yaes
Call me out all you want but you don’t know me KOC, the world knows who you are because you’re an idiot who mirrors your Twitter handle as well. I’ve posted several replies quoting you and your missteps. The reason it’s personal for me is because you took something I enjoyed (the fan forum) and ruined it. This entire board is a sense of negativity that you created. Every post is you pounding your chest because you’re some football Nostradamus. It’s annoying and I want no part of it. I’m paying for the dungeon so I don’t have to put up with you. Guess what, some people in there are frustrated with heupel too for similar reasons as you, it doesn’t bother me and is clearly warranted. You being a fraud and trying to frustrate the board bothers me because it’s fake. Go back to Twitter @titan_cane

Call me out all you want but you don’t know me KOC, the world knows who you are because you’re an idiot who mirrors your Twitter handle as well. I’ve posted several replies quoting you and your missteps. The reason it’s personal for me is because you took something I enjoyed (the fan forum) and ruined it. This entire board is a sense of negativity that you created. Every post is you pounding your chest because you’re some football Nostradamus. It’s annoying and I want no part of it. I’m paying for the dungeon so I don’t have to put up with you. Guess what, some people in there are frustrated with heupel too for similar reasons as you, it doesn’t bother me and is clearly warranted. You being a fraud and trying to frustrate the board bothers me because it’s fake. Go back to Twitter @titan_cane
Be careful in there. If you say something there that 1 person doesn’t like, 11 of his friends follow you around and say you’re an idiot.

Reactions: ahabmw
Player #3 Ethan Mort!

OL prospects are very difficult to evaluate going from high school to college. Ethan has the ideal frame at 6'5" with the long arms needed to play the position.

He was 6'2" and 300 pounds as a 9th grader but lost a lot of bad weight, meaning that he was very fat as a young man. His high school coach credits him with working very hard in the weight room to reshape his body.

Ethan is 275 right now and looks to be in excellent shape. He has the frame to add 25 to 30 pounds of good weight and he will need it. It will take a year in the S&C program to get there.

His high school coach credits him with being a very strong player and he had plenty of interest from P5 schools. Good bend and feet mobility. I had a feeling he would flip but he appears to like UCF quite a bit.

Mort is the best OL prospect signed the last two years and he is a Florida kid. There's a lot to like here.

Last edited:
I can confirm that the UCF staff has been in contact with former Miami commit DT Savion Collins. I am not ready to drop my crystal ball yet but there's some smoke there.

He was dropped by Miami and his preferred destination which was UF will not take him. His Mom wants him close to home. FAU also involved.

I can confirm that the UCF staff has been in contact with former Miami commit DT Savion Collins. I am not ready to drop my crystal ball yet but there's some smoke there.

He was dropped by Miami and his preferred destination which was UF will not take him. His Mom wants him close to home. FAU also involved.
I think he would play faster for us than UM and UF. Not sure about FAU.

Dude who is your source? Nice inside info... also love the breakdowns on your take on our recruiting class.

Dungeonites still do not grasp how much failing Heupel has done in recruting the last two years. Inexcusable. Josh Heupel should be fired right now, there's no need to wait for the bottom to fall in.

Reactions: Black_Knight07
I was telling everyone here last year that we needed WR, RB. LB, DT, DE help. I was told that we were loaded. I told that I did not know anything and fans started dropping names of players that have accomplished nothing.

If you think this year was bad, do not watch next year when Heupel will be playing solely with the talent he brought it.

I was telling everyone here last year that we needed WR, RB. LB, DT, DE help. I was told that we were loaded. I told that I did not know anything and fans started dropping names of players that have accomplished nothing.

If you think this year was bad, do not watch next year when Heupel will be playing solely with the talent he brought it.

We get it bruv, Heupel out. Now, if you don't mind, can you give us some more of your quality reviews of this class?

You laughed in January when I told you and everyone else that we needed wide receivers and running backs. Why do you want him? Obviously our talent is so great and that's why we can't recruit, yada, yada, yada.
I didn't want him and didn't laugh at anyone saying we needed WRs and RBs. Is this like the time you told the board I was creeping on recruits on twitter? Or like the time you told people I was lying about living in Oklahoma?

I didn't want him and didn't laugh at anyone saying we needed WRs and RBs. Is this like the time you told the board I was creeping on recruits on twitter? Or like the time you told people I was lying about living in Oklahoma?

I never said you were lying about living in Oklahoma. I said you were lying about that tale where you stayed in a hotel in Tulsa and the hotel employees were coming up to telling you #chargeon. As if hotel employees would know about UCF using that hashtag.

You also were asking for fans to tweet at recruits with interesting UCF stats or something like that. I dont think you are a bad guy but you like to embellish tales for added effect.

Also Ahmarean Brown to South Carolina. We dont need him? Too much depth on the team and that's why we whiffed on him too?

Remember when I told you that I did not like the Golesh hire because he had zero connections in this State? You also laughed about that.

You are very quick to dismiss the opinions of someone that knows 1000X more about college football than you and all your buddies combined.

The gang up on one guy mentality is weak sauce. Minimizing someone to fit in a little group is weak sauce.

Last edited:
I am leaving the forum again. I have wasted too much time trying to educate Dungeonites, insufferable apologists, and stragglers trying to fit in.

Go Knights!

Reactions: UCFVanWilder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT