ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

I never said you were lying about living in Oklahoma. I said you were lying about that tale where you stayed in a hotel in Tulsa and the hotel employees were coming up to telling you #chargeon. As if hotel employees would know about UCF using that hashtag.

You also were asking for fans to tweet at recruits with interesting UCF stats or something like that. I dont think you are a bad guy but you like to embellish tales for added effect.

Remember when I told you that I did not like the Golesh hire because he had zero connections in this State? You also laughed about that.
Good to see you gave up the lie that I laughed at you saying we needed WRs and RBs.

You are actually embellishing my Tulsa story. I said two different employees knew UCF was coming to town. They did not say "#chargeon".

But you also said I was lying about living in OK during a discussion about the provost.

I did say UCF fans should engage with recruits on twitter. I thought it was a good idea because I saw FL kids getting relatively little engagement from UCF fans compared to other schools fans. But you told members of this board you found my Twitter and I was being inappropriate with minors.

The part about me laughing at you regarding the Golesh hire is false too. I never knew who Golesh was before the hire and, even though I hoped it would turn out good, I wanted a FL/FL connected guy instead. I do remember sharing that IAST fans thought he was a good recruiter but I also know you've shared evidence to the contrary.

Lots of us like your very informed, fact based posts. Everybody isn't always laughing at you.

Reactions: Black_Knight07
Thank god. You may be correct on some things but you need to work on your delivery.

Yes, the delivery is the Achilles heal...

Has another angry post at 11:30 or so... then post Merry Christmas around midnight... and gets pissed that no one responded by 2:00 am?!!

It’s New Year’s Eve, and UCF isn’t in a NY6 bowl, I get most people are home bound... but not everyone is checking Rivals to ring in the new year!

Has another angry post at 11:30 or so... then post Merry Christmas around midnight... and gets pissed that no one responded by 2:00 am?!!

It’s New Year’s Eve, and UCF isn’t in a NY6 bowl, I get most people are home bound... but not everyone is checking Rivals to ring in the new year!
I was asleep when he wrote it. But why take offense to no one commenting 2 hours later? 2 days later maybe.

I am leaving the forum again. I have wasted too much time trying to educate Dungeonites, insufferable apologists, and stragglers trying to fit in.

Go Knights!

Good, because you never belonged here......you are just a putz in your Mom's basement who gets a woody about Miami football and doesn't know crap or care about UCF.

Reactions: ReturnOf
Preferred walk-on, grey shirt, blue shirt, reclassify, there are a ton of work arounds.
We had 23 last year if all enrolled. So that’s 2 we can put towards last year. 27 plus any extras we can move to next year. 30 if we needed to. Not sure we would sign 30 but if we had to we could. Grants and scholarships for walk ons is not unheard of.

Honestly think he has some mental issues. Agree with some football takes but the delivery and insecurity screams underlying issues.

Reactions: ahabmw
Has a scholarship or two opened up with some of the NFL announcements?

No...as UCF is still limited to just 25 new scholarship players for this year...which includes enrolling transfers.

Staff has planned thst all these players would not be coming g back...hence the focus on EXPERIENCED WR Transfer(s).

So...anyway...back to recruiting.

Is there a second “not early” signing day coming up to keep our eyes on?

For Summer/Fall enrollees, the 2nd signing day/period starts on Feb 3rd.

I'd expect at least 1 transfer will enroll prior to Jan 11th (start of Spring Semester), maybe 1 signed on Feb 3rd...and then a summer transfer that will end up completing this class.

We signed 23 last year so we can sign 2 early enrollees at least. Not sure if anyone that signed last year didn’t enroll. That would be a green shirt. Can also have blue shirts which don’t count as new scholarships. No in person home visits and no official visit. Which isn’t allowed right now anyway so a lot of kids can qualify for this. Then gray shirts. You can get more than 25 in a calendar year if you know how to bend the rules. We may not need to but they can. Next year we can have 95 guys on scholarship. I doubt we will but we can.

We signed 23 last year so we can sign 2 early enrollees at least. Not sure if anyone that signed last year didn’t enroll. That would be a green shirt. Can also have blue shirts which don’t count as new scholarships. No in person home visits and no official visit. Which isn’t allowed right now anyway so a lot of kids can qualify for this. Then gray shirts. You can get more than 25 in a calendar year if you know how to bend the rules. We may not need to but they can. Next year we can have 95 guys on scholarship. I doubt we will but we can.

Not exactly, as you are not counting the late transfers...which many times are back dated if possible.

UCF will have at least 12 Jan enrollees this Spring (largest earliest class ever), which should pay off for several who will get PT this Fall.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Been hearing a lot about Jackson State recruiting. If ratings/"talent" mean as much as some people think, they should be competing for NCs very soon.

This will be interesting to follow.
I like what Deion is doing here. He's trying to bring an HBC into the football conversation and make a difference.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Will it become the new norm with the new transfer rules? Or is this UCF specific?
Whether or not ucf has a problem, I think you’re onto something with the new rules affecting how transfers are perceived and how many students pursue it.

And I am completely okay with it if it helps more kids find a better fit, be it culture, playing time, location, etc.

Reactions: Knight Strength
This was expected 7 weeks ago. There is a reason we are looking into portal ourselves. Oklahoma is losing guys like crazy as well. Former 4 and 5 star guys.

Reactions: KnightVision82
WR transfers:

2021:
Jaylon Griffin
Kaedin Robinson

2020:
Dionte Marks

2019:
Jaylon Robinson

2018:
Tre Nixon

2017:
Jacob Harris

Total WR transfers in last 5 years: 6
Total WRs recruited (247) : 15

Our WRs are 40% transfers and are typically starters. By getting a new WR starter each year, this is causing recruits, who are not as good as the transfer, to get less playing time. Part of UCFs sell, is playing time since we're not P5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yaes
WR transfers:

2021:
Jaylon Griffin
Kaedin Robinson

2020:
Dionte Marks

2019:
Jaylon Robinson

2018:
Tre Nixon

2017:
Jacob Harris

Total WR transfers in last 5 years: 6
Total WRs recruited (247) : 15

WR transfers are 40% of transfers and are typically starters. By getting a new WR starter each year, this is causing recruits, who are not as good as the transfer, to get less playing time. Part of UCFs sell, is playing time since we're not P5.
Most of our sell is passing system and a chance to contribute right away. Whether transfer or freshman.

Hard to see how it was a playing time issue. Sometimes it's just not the right fit and now with the freedom of transfer movement the decision to leave is a lot easier.

Reactions: KnightVision82
Hard to see how it was a playing time issue. Sometimes it's just not the right fit and now with the freedom of transfer movement the decision to leave is a lot easier.
It’s not PT. He was in but either didn’t get ball or just had screens called. His family wanted go routes and crossing routes to him.

• Haha
Reactions: HammerB08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT