ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

His final 2 are A&M and Iowa State.

Apparently Bama was still stringing him along.....

The Alabama coaching staff didn’t let Purdy know if he had a committable offer or not, which is the reason why he has decided to stop considering the school. Purdy also said he is down to Iowa State and Texas A&M.

Purdy’s a primadonna that has a overly high opinion of his abilities, believing his high school glory days are going to continue on a P5 campus. True, he has received interest from several P5 schools but have any of them been chasing him from day one? Look who his finalists are. They have leftover scholarships and figure why not pickup a QB for the practice team. Alabama still wouldn’t offer, even this close to NSD. Look at Texas A&M especially. Does he fit the mold of ANY QB Jimbo Fisher had at FSU? He might play at IS but I still can’t believe it would be anytime soon. He potentially could have had a great career at UCF but he probably would be poison in the locker room. “Hey guys, look at me!” Got to be a better fit out there, if not this year then next. I still believe Mack may end up surprising all of us. The tools are there.

Good luck to the kid. El Hype can't even land the 12th best QB in Arizona. We're done.

Frost in year one would not have been able either. Milton was a Hawaii commit. Special player but a diamond in the rough. UCF has always had to live by the diamond in the rough (except Daunte and those are few and far between). As long as we are G5 we will continue to struggle with even the likes of Iowa State.

Purdy’s a primadonna that has a overly high opinion of his abilities, believing his high school glory days are going to continue on a P5 campus. True, he has received interest from several P5 schools but have any of them been chasing him from day one? Look who his finalists are. They have leftover scholarships and figure why not pickup a QB for the practice team. Alabama still wouldn’t offer, even this close to NSD. Look at Texas A&M especially. Does he fit the mold of ANY QB Jimbo Fisher had at FSU? He might play at IS but I still can’t believe it would be anytime soon. He potentially could have had a great career at UCF but he probably would be poison in the locker room. “Hey guys, look at me!” Got to be a better fit out there, if not this year then next. I still believe Mack may end up surprising all of us. The tools are there.

I don't know anything about the kid but I can't blame him for looking at those two teams. UCF is still a G5 and still an unknown quantity thanks to the the great flight to the white wastes of the midwest.

Reactions: Happy Hands
Frost in year one would not have been able either. Milton was a Hawaii commit. Special player but a diamond in the rough. UCF has always had to live by the diamond in the rough (except Daunte and those are few and far between). As long as we are G5 we will continue to struggle with even the likes of Iowa State.
To be clear, I was kidding. I'm fine with the way things are playing out. I wonder if the early signing period has caused Purdy's stock to rise with other QBs already committed or signed.

To be clear, I was kidding. I'm fine with the way things are playing out. I wonder if the early signing period has caused Purdy's stock to rise with other QBs already committed or signed.
It totally has. Purdy is a guy that we would have gotten in years past, because all the P5s would have been slow playing him up to NSD and our's would have been committable the entire time.
Now the first wave of signings happen, the P5s get a chance to evaluate what they have and what they need. When they see they need more QB depth, a guy like Purdy starts getting recruited like a 5*. Full court press, because they don't have to worry about keeping 15 other guys happy, they already signed.

When all is said and done, I think the early signing period is going to hurt us (G5s) more than help us.

Agree. No QB should do a signing day announcement. If you want to play with quality talent, you need to be a leader, get on board first and help recruit.

It totally has. Purdy is a guy that we would have gotten in years past, because all the P5s would have been slow playing him up to NSD and our's would have been committable the entire time.
Now the first wave of signings happen, the P5s get a chance to evaluate what they have and what they need. When they see they need more QB depth, a guy like Purdy starts getting recruited like a 5*. Full court press, because they don't have to worry about keeping 15 other guys happy, they already signed.

When all is said and done, I think the early signing period is going to hurt us (G5s) more than help us.

As long as the coaching staff doesn't change, I think we will lock up 20+ by the early signing period. We are already getting commits for 2019 before 2018 is over, I don't think that has ever happened before.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Holy crap!! This dude ran a 10.47 100 meters! He’s faster than a Speeding Killins. I just peed my pants!!! What a stud!
[cheers]:cool2:[banana]
I think he an Killins are about equally fast. I thinking of this guy and Snelson at the WR's, Killins in the slot and Hamilton or Bentavious at RB. Oh the speed and weapons for MM!!!

Reactions: Mikesi
yeah that's my thought on him a few pages ago once he decided to visit A&M last minute. I don't have a problem if he doesn't want to seriously consider UCF but don't string the Head Coach along while you attention whore. He should have let Heup know before he flew across the country for another in home visit that could have been used visiting another target. And his comments about playing time where he thinks he's Justin Fields, dude you were playing in overrated Arizona HS Football slow down.

Purdy is a product of Coaches mismanaging early signing day with the QBs on the market. Under last year's rules he never gets an A&M offer or even gets a Bama OV.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Got to wonder what the negative recruiting sounds like from places like Iowa State against us these days. Didn't one of our recruits share what Iowa State said about us last recruiting cycle? Wonder if they say now "UCF tried to steal the National Championship; blah, blah, blah"

Can't wait for the completion of the lazy river on campus for the athletes. That will overcome all negative recruiting :)

Reactions: KnightLife1
Our future is bright with clown car of talent and more coming in 2018, 2019!

37138_900.jpg

Go Knights!

Reactions: Flem3000
Got to wonder what the negative recruiting sounds like from places like Iowa State against us these days. Didn't one of our recruits share what Iowa State said about us last recruiting cycle? Wonder if they say now "UCF tried to steal the National Championship; blah, blah, blah"

Can't wait for the completion of the lazy river on campus for the athletes. That will overcome all negative recruiting :)
That was Killins. He told the Sentinel that Iowa State Campbell's negative recruiting towards UCF rubbed him the wrong way

Overall, I'm ok with the early signing period. Let's not forget that we have 13 guys in the family already, many of them almost certain to be future studs. I'm thankful that we have that 13 signed without having to be on pins and needles fighting to protect them until Feb. 7th.

So the rumor from SEC country is that Brock Purdy's choices are now ATM and Iowa State? UCF and Bama eliminated?

So the rumor from SEC country is that Brock Purdy's choices are now ATM and Iowa State? UCF and Bama eliminated?

I hope he ends up at TAMU if he decides not to play for UCF. If he is really good, then he will want to play SEC ball. The competition for being starter will push him to his best. If he goes to Iowa, it's to a team where there are no real expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT