ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Very Nice pick up in Benson. Coach Gelarbee is looking like the best recruiter on the Heup crew side of the coaching staff.

SEC Programs know what to prioritize in the Hosting Program. UCF has all the ingredients to do the same but I don't think they do.
Ellarbee is a very well respected offensive line coach and he’s selling something to recruits. I expect more of this and our future offensive line to be a strength.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Why would a coach want to do that?
It's a catch 22 when you blitz. We saw this with our defense. At times for example you would see #18 blitz and the offense would run through the gap he left open. Other times blitzes leave areas of the field open for pass receivers. If you have two really good defensive ends, you don't have to blitz much.

Technique is another issue. Is it easier to put pressure on the QB from the outside with your hand in the dirt or standing straight up?

Welp! Looks like that 4 Star QB Bama had their sights on stuck with his Princeton commitment. Article below says they’re now locked in on our boy Purdy. What does this do for our chances? I know a lot of us are over this kid, but talent is talent.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ceton-as-four-star-qb-sticks-with-tigers/amp/
obviously want him on the depth chart but just about every clue doesn't point to UCF. He pushed UCF to a mid week visit giving Iowa State the full weekend slot, delaying his announce date which more or less confirms that he was waiting on Bama to make his offer commitable & him visiting A&M this weekend.

UCF coaches keep trying but his actions don't back someone that is picking UCF. Maybe once he saw UCF's campus it made him reconsider but UCF is probably a distant 3rd on his preferences right now.

Current transfer from Wake Forest, Hayden Kingston looks like Brett Hodges (2008) and should make a good 2nd or 3rd string QB depending on Mack for this season if necessary.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...notepad/os-sp-ucf-five-things-0727-story.html

http://www.hudl.com/profile/1929622/Hayden-Kingston

We need to be sure to recruit a good QB next season. If Charlie Dean doesn't stick
then somebody better. I don't have a problem with starting your program by recruiting
mostly OL and DL players. Especially when we have so many 1st and 2nd year starters
on our offense in skilled positions.

Reactions: KnightLife1
[QUOTE="KnightVision82, post: 1240825, member] I don't have a problem with starting your program by recruiting mostly OL and DL players. Especially when we have so many 1st and 2nd year starters on our offense in skilled positions.[/QUOTE]

Well also to protect your junior qb who is a heisman contender. He’s the most valuable asset

[QUOTE="KnightVision82, post: 1240825, member] I don't have a problem with starting your program by recruiting mostly OL and DL players. Especially when we have so many 1st and 2nd year starters on our offense in skilled positions.

Well also to protect your junior qb who is a heisman contender. He’s the most valuable asset[/QUOTE]

just got a commitmtent from a WR that will be really good...he's one of the best WR's coming out of TX....great get

https://247sports.com/Article/UCF-lands-Texas-speedster-in-WR-Kevon-Ahmad-114618526

5.7 rivals rank and the 70th best WR in the country. 75th best player in Texas according to Rivals. Looks like JH’s staff is taking advantage of their past locations. Great strategy this year to recruit nationally

Last edited:
Holy crap!! This dude ran a 10.47 100 meters! He’s faster than a Speeding Killins. I just peed my pants!!! What a stud!
[cheers]:cool2:[banana]

Last edited:
Reactions: Stormthecourt?
He was a big Sooner and JOSH HEUPEL FAN!!!

"I love the place," Ahmad said. "I went out there and I had a great time, they showed me everything that I needed to see. Most people know that I am a huge Sooners fan, so Josh Heupel being their head coach kind of put me over the top."

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Heupel with current roster and new recruits will be like a kid in a candy store :)

Kid-in-Candy-Store.jpg

And DW is telling him "have at it..."

Reactions: Mikesi
I was more on the “why is it the middle of January and we’ve had only two guys on OV this month”. Look at the way the new Texas WR commit raved about the visit and his time here. We need to get more kids on campus to see what we’re offering
Word will get out. I’m not worried. We didn’t have to sign anyone after early signing period and we’d still be great. Everyone now is just icing. This guy is more like whipped cream.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT