ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

That's at least something isn't it?
Only if you consider grasping at straws “something”.

Just take a look at what the smart P5 coaches IMO did….they all added portal QBs, even though in every case they had a better QB room than we do. Look at Kiffin, he added both a 1 year experienced guy and a young guy with a high upside.

By not doing anything when there were options available, Gus might have made a career decision if QB play is poor this year. A shame because I like the guy.

Reactions: Knight59
Only if you consider grasping at straws “something”.

Just take a look at what the smart P5 coaches IMO did….they all added portal QBs, even though in every case they had a better QB room than we do. Look at Kiffin, he added both a 1 year experienced guy and a young guy with a high upside.

By not doing anything when there were options available, Gus might have made a career decision if QB play is poor this year. A shame because I like the guy.
Guess my sarcasm wasn't strong enough. Oh, well.

Reactions: Shark19
So, I decided to look back through UCF's recruiting classes to try to see how consistent the improvement had been. So I went back through every class since O'Leary's last season, to see what improvement there was. All numbers are from 247:

2015 Class - last full O'leary class:
Total recruits: 19
Average Rating: .8355
Total recruits .85 or above - 4 (Brandon Scott, Luke Hiers, Rashard Causey, Tristan Payton)
Consensus 4 stars - Tristan Payton(.9063)

2016 Class - first partial Frost class:
Total Recruits: 21
Average Rating: .8262
Total recruits .85 or above - 3 (Jordan Johnson, Aaron Dowdell, Dredrick Snelson)
Consensus 4 stars - 0

2017 Class - first full Frost class:
Total Recruits: 25
Average Rating: .8336
Total recruits .85 or above - 6 (Gabriel Luyanda, Sterling Jones, Marlon Williams, Bentavious Thompson, Emmanuel Greene, Cordarrian Richardson)
Consensus 4 stars - Cordarrian Richardson(.9332)

2018 Class - partial Frost, partial Heupel class:
Total Recruits: 25
Average Rating: .8364
Total recruits .85 or above - 5 (Kenny Turnier, Jermaine McMillan, Randy Charlton, Eric Gilyard, Kevin Ahmad)
Consensus 4 stars - 0

2019 Class - first full Heupel class:
Total Recruits: 22
Average Rating: .8424
Total recruits .85 or above - 8 (Jarrad Baker, Raymond Cutts, Adrian Medley, Dillon Gabriel, Damarius Good, Dallaz Corbitt, Keenan Hester, Tre'mon Morris-Brash)
Consensus 4 stars - 0

2020 Class -
Total Recruits: 20
Average Rating: .8383
Total recruits .85 or above - 2 (Ja'Cyais Credle, Paul Rubelt)
Consensus 4 stars - 0

2021 Class - partial Heupel, partial nobody, partial Gus:
Total Recruits: 17
Average Rating: .8460
Total recruits .85 or above -7 (Brandon Adams, Ethan Mort, Jaylon Griffin, Cole Joyce, Mikey Keene, Anthony Hundley, Titus Mokio-Atimalala)
Consensus 4 stars - Titus Mokio-Atimalala(.8958)

2022 Class - First full Gus class:
Total Recruits: 15
Average Rating: .8708
Total recruits .85 or above - 12 (Miguel Maldonado, TJ Bullard, Jamaal Johnson, Tyler Griffin, Demari Henderson, Ja'cari Henderson, Jordan McDonald, Xavier Townsend, Thomas Castellanos, Keahnist Thompson, Quan Lee, Nikai Martinez)
Consensus 4 stars - Nikai Martinez(.8967)

2023 Class - Current class:
Total Recruits: 9(one not currently rated)
Average Rating: 89.49
Total recruits .85 or above - 8(Dylan Rizk, Troy Ford, Jamal Meriweather, Kaven Call, Braeden Marshall, Michael Harris, Andrew Harris, John Walker)
Consensus 4 stars - Braeden Marshall(.8908), Michael Harris(.9022), Andrew Harris(.9164), and John Walker(.9522)

So....pretty steady growth from O'Leary to Frost to Heupel for the most part, followed by a pretty hefty jump from Heupel to Malzahn.

The final tally for this year's class was:
Total Recruits: 14(not counting the K)
Average Rating: 87.79
Total Recruits .85 or above - 14(everyone but the kicker)
Consensus 4 stars: Isaiah Nixon(.9085), Andrew Harris(.9087) and John Walker(.9564). Marshall got bumped down slightly below 4* status. Harris got a slight bump down since the summer, and Walker got slightly bumped up.

How is everyone feeling about UCF offer to 2024 Arizona QB, Luke Moga? Good height and speed and has a long ball but his receivers are also helping to make him look good.

How is everyone feeling about UCF offer to 2024 Arizona QB, Luke Moga? Good height and speed and has a long ball but his receivers are also helping to make him look good.
He’s got a lot off offers from the west including Oregon, Stanford etc. wold be a nice get Seems to have good speed and can throw. Also has Stanford n Northwestern offers should be smart. Hopefully we jumped in on time.

Last edited:
From Arizona so he checks the box for me

Reactions: Yaes
When do the recruiting services grade players? I noticed in the story above some of the players haven't been given a ranking.

I'll be interesting to see how our inaugural B12 class compares to the last several years.

This is a big-time recruit. Had a ton offers including very good academic institutions.
Gaslighting much? He’s not a big-time recruit at all my man. I am not saying he’s a bad recruit or that he won’t develop but he is not a big-time recruit under any metric.

Also, what do offers from very good academic institutions have to do with football? I’ll hang up and listen for the answer.

Last edited:
Gaslighting much? He’s not a big-time recruit at all my man. I am not saying he’s a bad recruit or that he won’t develop but he is not a big-time recruit under any metric.

Also, what do offers from very good academic institutions have to do with football? I’ll hang up and listen for the answer.

Imagine trying to troll another team’s board at 3am. My god you live a pathetic existence. 5-7

Boy, do you think those are the facts that LoboCrazy was Belittling beelit47 about? I asked him for the facts but I never got any. Surprise!
Yup. He seems immune to facts and immune to the canes’ lack of success for two decades. Definitely envious of us since he trolls our board at 3am while the rest of us sleep. Weird, sad dude for sure

A mid 3* is now a big time recruit because UCF fans say so. Ok. Keep with your hype party and mutually agreeable gaslighting. It’s what you people do. I am done wasting my time trying to Inform and educate you G5 fanatics.

Keep with your hype party and mutual agreeable gaslighting. It’s what you people do.
Wow! Didn't know you got up this early. Doesn't LoboCane devour entrails while thoroughly enjoying them at night or are you the other LoboCane which is a walking stick? Either way surprised you are up so early. Have a great day!

Just for information sake, in addition to UCF, Riley Trujillo, dual threat QB, had offers from Middle Tennessee State University, Georgia Tech, University of Louisville, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Florida Atlantic University, University of Toledo, East Carolina University, Duke University, Bowling Green, Coastal Carolina University, University of Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Liberty University, Arkansas State, Brown University, University of South Florida, Indiana University, Georgia Southern, and the University of Arkansas.

A mid 3* is now a big time recruit because UCF fans say so. Ok. Keep with your hype party and mutually agreeable gaslighting. It’s what you people do. I am done wasting my time trying to Inform and educate you G5 fanatics.
Speaking of education, which community college did you attend for a semester before dropping out to focus on your Red Lobster career?

I hope our offense gets more exciting so we can get the best offensive weapons in here like Frost had with his recruiting because of his Oregon ducks teams.

Speaking of education, which community college did you attend for a semester before dropping out to focus on your Red Lobster career?
Community College, Lobo couldn't make it through his GED program after dropping out of Hialeah Senior High.

It's why he doesn't understand basic economics like record 8 million for 5-7 is not good.

Community College, Lobo couldn't make it through his GED program after dropping out of Hialeah Senior High.

It's why he doesn't understand basic economics like record 8 million for 5-7 is not good.
Your head coach is somebody that was at Auburn and with all their resources went 2-5 in bowl games. The man has never won a NY6 bowl game as a head coach. Never.

LOL…stick to your comforting recruiting lies, it doesn’t work out too well for UCF types when they try to argue against me.

Your head coach is somebody that was at Auburn and with all their resources went 2-5 in bowl games. The man has never won a NY6 bowl game as a head coach. Never.

LOL…stick to your comforting recruiting lies, it doesn’t work out too well for UCF types when they try to argue against me.
Bringing up bowl game stats when Miami is 1-10 in bowl games since 2008 lmfao 🤣. Remember that Louisiana Tech loss, it was a shutout lmfao 🤣 only 3 years ago lmfao 🤣

Seriously, go to usf’s board and cut it up with them. That’s more your level.

At one point he says he’s going to decommit then follows it up with he’s going to change that though, in referencing this douchebag Cinci recruiter saying they beat us every year (cough, cough, what happened last year?). I’m going to chalk it up to he was on a visit to Cinci, didn’t know he was being filmed and telling them what they want to hear to keep them interested and after him for attention. But then the dumb ass recruiter said something that triggered him and he showed his real feelings….what y’all think?

Does it seem strange that we offered prostyle QB Noah Grubbs a scholarship after we let a winning prostyle QB transfer to Fresno?

Does it seem strange that we offered prostyle QB Noah Grubbs a scholarship after we let a winning prostyle QB transfer to Fresno?
Pro style doesn’t mean he can’t run if needed and be effective, think Bortles. Keene just couldn’t run well enough.

At one point he says he’s going to decommit then follows it up with he’s going to change that though, in referencing this douchebag Cinci recruiter saying they beat us every year (cough, cough, what happened last year?). I’m going to chalk it up to he was on a visit to Cinci, didn’t know he was being filmed and telling them what they want to hear to keep them interested and after him for attention. But then the dumb ass recruiter said something that triggered him and he showed his real feelings….what y’all think?

Yea he was going along with it until they threw shade. We know where his heart is

Reactions: Psycho Jim
Bringing up bowl game stats when Miami is 1-10 in bowl games since 2008 lmfao 🤣. Remember that Louisiana Tech loss, it was a shutout lmfao 🤣 only 3 years ago lmfao 🤣

Seriously, go to usf’s board and cut it up with them. That’s more your level.
Theyre really 1-10 in bowl games since 2008? Coupled with a 5-7 2022 they really are tradh. No wonder that idiot is over here trying so hard to convince us otherwise

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT