ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

In case you haven’t been paying attention, the only teams this has relevance for is #s 1, 2,& 4. Every other team comes out bragging about their recruitment ranking, and then, nothing. Every one is either an also-ran, or they flame out every year, regardless of their incredible class (ie. Texas, Texas A&M, Miami, Florida, ND, etc). How many conference champs in those top 10? How many had awesome classes last year as well and ended the season below .500? This ranking rarely equates to success for the majority of these teams. 5-7? Is that success?

In case you haven’t been paying attention, the only teams this has relevance for is #s 1, 2,& 4. Every other team comes out bragging about their recruitment ranking, and then, nothing. Every one is either an also-ran, or they flame out every year, regardless of their incredible class (ie. Texas, Texas A&M, Miami, Florida, ND, etc). How many conference champs in those top 10? How many had awesome classes last year as well and ended the season below .500? This ranking rarely equates to success for the majority of these teams. 5-7? Is that success?
Huh - I thought this was a recruiting thread? All of the teams that win national championships in football recruit top ten year after year. The goal is to recruit like Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson…not to recruit like UCF.

Huh - I thought this was a recruiting thread? All of the teams that win national championships in football recruit top ten year after year. The goal is to recruit like Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson…not to recruit like UCF.
This is a UCF board dum dum.

It’s an OPEN board. I contributed a link to the final ON3 2023 class rankings.
It’s a UCF recruiting board and all you do is constantly talk about Miami. It’s super pathetic, I couldn’t imagine being such a loser with that much free time to do that.

Reactions: beelit47
Or like Miami. Obviously hasn’t made them relevant in any NC (or conference championship) discussions in the last two decades. UM‘s incredible recruiting success has led to multiple sub-.500 seasons and a revolving door of coaches.

Or like Miami. Obviously hasn’t made them relevant in any NC (or conference championship) discussions in the last two decades. UM‘s incredible recruiting success has led to multiple sub-.500 seasons and a revolving door of coaches.
Miami is basically usf, but at least signs good classes. Usf just sucks at everything.

Reactions: U C to the F
Right, all those "great" recruiting classes doesn't even get usf junior into conference title games......which they are 0-forever on in a weak acc.

Have to agree that getting NIL money is a quicker path to superior talent than the longer path of working your way up the rankings. I believe they’re trying to do both but impatience with rankings is most dominant rant right now. Yes I want better rankings but have to admit that the higher ranked transfers we have been getting are helping our roster to improve faster than our multi year high school recruiting process.

This "lol" doesn't even make sense for you. Most of your comments I can at least understand that you have canes colored glasses and early 90s mindset, so it's how you see the world. You are a troll, for sure, for coming to our board and spouting off, but I at least get it. But the post you loled literally just points out that for the very early 2024 recruiting class we are in the top 25 (we are in the top 30, at least, in all the recruiting services). I am very sorry that UM only has 2 recruits signed (both lower rated than all 4 of our signed guys). I'm sure in the months to come that you guys will grab some very talented recruits, so you can squander their potential with no notable achievements on the field. You know, like usual.

Reactions: beelit47

Needed depth, or maybe push to start?
Here's our current DB room of players with at least one previous start at UCF:
Corey Thornton 27 Starts
Quad Bullard 13 starts
Brandon Adams 10 starts
Dyllon Lester 2 starts

That's it. Did Quad make a healthy recovery? Is Dyllon Lester going to take the next step to be a starter? Are BJ and Corey ready to be the leaders? Lots of questions, but there is opportunity for them to be good.

Reactions: tjb74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT