ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

QB transfers rarely seem to work out. I think Grier is a rare exception. Cam Newton comes to mind. But for the most part QBs need to be groomed by coaches to fit their system. Pure athletic talent is not enough.
Not true. There have been a bunch. Baker Mayfield won Heisman last year.

Reactions: JAFFX2

If you need a running back. 5’11’ 210 runs 4.5. No junior film really was hurt. Current offers wake forest, app state
UCF has reached out.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
for those that don't know Justin Field's HS Tape was being compared to Cam Newton. If Georgia doesn't start him by the end of the year I could see him transferring

DE Dallaz Corbitt commits.
6'6", 240

https://www.thestate.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article219509770.html

Love prospects like him (last year it was Davonchae Bryant and Landon Woodson) because they have truly elite size and now it's up to the coaching staff to develop them and make their skill level match their size.

This kid is a stud....

Xk2SVm.png

Fast forward to 9 minutes. Nice catch.
Why aren’t we recruiting him?

You ask that like he's some unknown prospect. He's a 4 star that's probably going to be a Gator like his uncle Matt. His dad also played in the NFL. It's quite common for 4 stars to not be interested in us, it's stupid but that's the way it is. We might get one or two. Our prospects have the word "intriguing" attached to them because they have the size and speed, but are a probably a year behind these 4 stars. So we have to turn a Deonte Stanley into a Kaiir Elam.

You ask that like he's some unknown prospect. He's a 4 star that's probably going to be a Gator like his uncle Matt. His dad also played in the NFL. It's quite common for 4 stars to not be interested in us, it's stupid but that's the way it is. We might get one or two. Our prospects have the word "intriguing" attached to them because they have the size and speed, but are a probably a year behind these 4 stars. So we have to turn a Deonte Stanley into a Kaiir Elam.
I didn’t say he was unknown. I said why isn’t he getting an offer? Marshall is on his list. Marshall. And FAU.

I didn’t say he was unknown. I said why isn’t he getting an offer? Marshall is on his list. Marshall. And FAU.
Who says we didn't offer? That list isn't the entirety of his offer list. 24/7 says we offered. We more than likely offered, he didn't reciprocate the interest and we moved on to prospects that could help us accomplish our goals and are gettable. That's how it works. You don't waste time on players that aren't interested.

Last edited:
There are a certain set of recruits that will not consider UCF at all bc of the conference we are in. Thankfully Snelson for example was not one of them but they are out there. That QB at Nebraska Martinez is a good example, Frost was trying to recruit him to UCF before he left for Junior visits and he refused to even give us any consideration or visit bc we were not in the Power 5.

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
There are a certain set of recruits that will not consider UCF at all bc of the conference we are in. Thankfully Snelson for example was not one of them but they are out there. That QB at Nebraska Martinez is a good example, Frost was trying to recruit him to UCF before he left for Junior visits and he refused to even give us any consideration or visit bc we were not in the Power 5.

That QB Purdy is another example....many of these kids don't really understand the significant opportunities for development, playing time and exposure that a UCF provides.........

That QB Purdy is another example....many of these kids don't really understand the significant opportunities for development, playing time and exposure that a UCF provides.........
These kids so underate the importance of PT
There are so many examples of players who have rode the bench for 2 years or their entire careers when they could have went somewhere else. Before they know it, they are out of eligibility

it would have been nice to have him on the depth chart, he seemed accurate on intermediate routes and would have been a good contender to be the post Milton era QB. I really don't get going to Programs like Iowa State even with the P5 label

Reactions: Knight Strength
There are so many examples of players who have rode the bench for 2 years or their entire careers when they could have went somewhere else. Before they know it, they are out of eligibility
well when it comes to mid to lower level power 5 schools like iowa state, if a player doesn't pan out it's not because of playing time. they probably wouldn't have been all that good here either because we're better than those schools and put more players in the NFL than them (and 31 other power 5 schools). playing time is usually the issue at the elite schools.

Reactions: Mikesi
The Pouncey kid from Winter Park is having fun sitting on bench for 2 years at Texas instead of playing 15 minutes from home with the emphasis on playing. Every once in a while I troll him on Twitter.

And your point is? He made the right choice to go to Iowa State over UCF??
Of course he made the right decision. Start as a true freshman or ride the bench for 2 years? Your post that I quoted was about the importance of actually playing games and not riding the bench, he's doing that. I only criticize players who choose power 5 programs over UCF simply because they're power 5 and not who will get them on the field and actually develop them.

Reactions: Shark19
Of course he made the right decision. Start as a true freshman or ride the bench for 2 years? Your post that I quoted was about the importance of actually playing games and not riding the bench, he's doing that. I only criticize players who choose power 5 programs over UCF simply because they're power 5 and not who will get them on the field and actually develop them.
starting as a true freshman isn't always the best thing for development, still say UCF is a better situation than Iowa State for most players that have offers from both

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT