ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Anything related to potential UCF QB commits is merely speculation, there has been nothing released by recruits or coaches that would lead anyone to believe that we have better than a 50/50 shot at any of them. I am not saying this is the case but there is no evidence to support anything otherwise......
According to Beede, coaches feel very good about landing both recruits. It will be very sad if the coaches are wrong on both accounts.

According to Beede, coaches feel very good about landing both recruits. It will be very sad if the coaches are wrong on both accounts.

I don't subscribe to him and I am certainly in no position to discount what he is saying. That said he only recently started covering UCF recruiting, and there are some others who have been around the program far longer that are taking a much more wait and see attitude on these QB recruits. Perhaps this is not the case and more of a close to the vest situation, but I am not getting the sense that anyone really knows if we have a leg up with these recruits. USC and GA are still in the running with Gabriel......Louisville and USF with Travis......hopefully we are the front runner, I would like to see them both commit to us.

I read that Gabriel is our primary focus but he is still visiting USC this weekend.......UCF was thought to be the early favorite and may still be.

Last edited:
I don't subscribe to him and I am certainly in no position to discount what he is saying. That said he only recently started covering UCF recruiting, and there are some others who have been around the program far longer that are taking a much more wait and see attitude on these QB recruits. Perhaps this is not the case and more of a close to the vest situation, but I am not getting the sense that anyone really knows if we have a leg up with these recruits. USC and GA are still in the running with Gabriel......Louisville and USF with Travis......hopefully we are the front runner, I would like to see them both commit to us.

I read that Gabriel is our primary focus but he is still visiting USC this weekend.......UCF was thought to be the early favorite and may still be.
I want Beede to be right but I'm not sure how reliable he is, 247 is a ghost town on updates since Juan Toribio left to cover the Tampa Bay Rays.

Juan was the best recruiting analyst UCF has had, he had contacts everywhere to make accurate projections. He also gave it straight without homer spin which I appreciated

Reactions: UCF0033 and JAFFX2
I want Beede to be right but I'm not sure how reliable he is, 247 is a ghost town on updates since Juan Toribio left to cover the Tampa Bay Rays.

Juan was the best recruiting analyst UCF has had, he had contacts everywhere to make accurate projections. He also gave it straight without homer spin which I appreciated
I have the same concerns. If he is quoting the coaches and that turns out to be wrong, that is an even greater concern to me because it's one thing for Beede to be wrong but quite a more serious matter if the coaches are.

Are you allowed to tell us who "some of the others" are? I would like to read what they have to say. It is really hard this year to get a good sense of what is really going on.

blue shirt? never even heard of that. Gabrielle would be that confident that he could beat out a Georgia native whose rating was .99 for the starting job?

Blue Shirt- found on recruiting website

They are eligible to both enroll and play during the initial fall semester following their high school graduation or junior college transfer, but are not counted as an incoming scholarship player until the following year’s recruiting class.

In order to count towards the next allotment of scholarships, blueshirts begin as walk-ons and are not brought on scholarship until after the first day of fall camp.

It’s a contrast from grayshirts, who are not permitted to enroll or play immediately out of high school.

The biggest distinction for blueshirts however, is that the rule interpretation mandates that the players in question are not recruited.

That is defined by the NCAA as not having any of the following: an official visit to the school or a letter of intent issued for the student athlete to submit.

How can he blue shirt sounds like he was recruited to me

Blue Shirt- found on recruiting website

They are eligible to both enroll and play during the initial fall semester following their high school graduation or junior college transfer, but are not counted as an incoming scholarship player until the following year’s recruiting class.

In order to count towards the next allotment of scholarships, blueshirts begin as walk-ons and are not brought on scholarship until after the first day of fall camp.

It’s a contrast from grayshirts, who are not permitted to enroll or play immediately out of high school.

The biggest distinction for blueshirts however, is that the rule interpretation mandates that the players in question are not recruited.

That is defined by the NCAA as not having any of the following: an official visit to the school or a letter of intent issued for the student athlete to submit.

How can he blue shirt sounds like he was recruited to me
the answer is in the paragraph above your question. according to rivals and 24/7, he hasn't taken an official visit yet and obviously no one has signed an LOI yet.

SEC schools will always figure out a way to over sign. it works for them because there is a great demand among high school players to ride SEC benches.

the answer is in the paragraph above your question. according to rivals and 24/7, he hasn't taken an official visit yet and obviously no one has signed an LOI yet.

SEC schools will always figure out a way to over sign. it works for them because there is a great demand among high school players to ride SEC benches.
For 18-20 year olds it’s more about where you sign, not where you play. As they get older it’s more about Playing time or you never get seen. If all kids were wise at 18.

Wake Forest still working on UCF commit Dallaz Corbitt

Even with the Early Signing Period right around the corner, Power Five schools are still trying to nudge their way into the picture and get Corbitt on campus. Rivals.com caught up with Corbitt at the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas to talk about his pledge to the Knights and late interest from Wake Forest.

https://n.rivals.com/news/wake-forest-working-to-flip-ucf-commit-dallaz-carbitt

We love the product UCF has to offer but in the end we need those who come to be unshakable in their commitments. That is a process for an 18 year old as it is a for a freshmen student setting foot on a campus for the first time :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT