ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

LB is THE position of need but I agree we could use more quality CBs next. Hoping Wilson, Francois and a transfer (Domio maybe) can show up big.
I know PFF graded our LBs poorly but (to me) CB is generally a more important position. LB is a position that can be helped by DL and CB a lot. But LB doesn't help DL and CB positions as much.

My feeling from last season about all this is we got our opponents in 3rd and long often enough to beat Memphis, Tulsa, and Cincy but every time they would throw a pass and our CBs were always 3-5 yards away from their WRs resulting in easy completions.

Reactions: U C to the F
I know you’re kidding but we aren’t getting 25 this year. Too many transfers that counted against this cycle. Probably 18.
Yes, kidding. With all the good talent on this team, I'd take happily a solid 18-20 recruits this year especially considering all the transfers we just took in.

"Ware started 17 games across the past two seasons at cornerback. The Florida native recorded 45 tackles, five pass break-ups and an interception during that time. He returned the interception, which came at Florida, for a touchdown.
Ware missed three games last season due to injury, including a torn ACL in the second-to-last game of Missouri’s season."

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
"Ware started 17 games across the past two seasons at cornerback. The Florida native recorded 45 tackles, five pass break-ups and an interception during that time. He returned the interception, which came at Florida, for a touchdown.
Ware missed three games last season due to injury, including a torn ACL in the second-to-last game of Missouri’s season."
Thanks for sharing

Anyone know any more about his injury or how he has recovered from it? Anyone know why he transferred? I hope he has made a full recovery because he could be a big asset to UCF. Does he still have two years eligibility left?

From Mizzou athletics website:
2019 SEASON
Took over the full-time starting job at one of Mizzou’s two cornerback spot and tallied 33 tackles during his true sophomore season … Also put four pass breakups on his ledger and was outstanding in a widely expanded role as a sophomore … Of his 33 tackles, 24 were solo … Played in 11 of 12 games with 10 starts, missing only the West Virginia game due to injury (9/7) … Posted a career-high seven tackles (five solo) at Georgia (11/9) … Had six tackles (all solo) at Florida (11/16), giving him 13 tackles over back-to-back games against top-10 opponents … Had five tackles (all solo) against Troy (10/5).

2018 SEASON
Talented young defender who saw the field in 10 games on the season, getting his first taste of action as a collegian ... Tallied six tackles on the season as he received more playing time throughout the course of the year ... Made a pair of tackles in MU's big win at Tennessee down the stretch, and added one tackle each in the win over Arkansas, as well as the 2018 Liberty Bowl against Oklahoma State.

PRIOR TO MIZZOU
Under-the-radar find by Mizzou’s coaches who picked up a lot of steam on the recruiting trail after Mizzou jumped in … Athletic and relentless player who has a physical presence with tremendous size … Clocked a 4.6 40-yard dash, 4.15 shuttle and 35-inch vertical at a Nike prospect camp … Boasts dynamic ball skills as he was used as both a kick and punt returner as a senior … Also turned in a pair of pick-six touchdowns as a senior … Has the ability to play the run as well with a downhill and physical approach … 247Sports rated him as a three-star prospect while he was rated as a two-star prospect at corner by Rivals … Part of a Wekiva defense that allowed just 8.6 points per game while racing to a 10-1 record and a spot at the Class 8A state playoffs in 2017 … Had four interceptions as a senior, taking two back for scores … Averaged 6.0 tackles per game as a senior … Also boasted one kick return TD, from 91 yards out … Chose Mizzou over offers from Oregon, South Florida, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and Central Florida, among others … Primary recruiter: Ryan Walters … Cited his relationship with Walters as a key reason for his commitment.

Anyone know any more about his injury or how he has recovered from it? Anyone know why he transferred? I hope he has made a full recovery because he could be a big asset to UCF. Does he still have two years eligibility left?
Brandon shared this tweet (from July 2nd) with the observation that he seems to have recovered pretty well.

Reactions: UCFootball14
At first I was mehh, why is this “Boom” worthy just because I never heard of him and he was a 2 star. But after reading he was a 2 year starter for a decent Missouri team, SEC competition and 2 yrs eligibility left, I can get behind this. Hope he’s healthy, he should start or have substantial playing time right away if he is.

At first I was mehh, why is this “Boom” worthy just because I never heard of him and he was a 2 star. But after reading he was a 2 year starter for a decent Missouri team, SEC competition and 2 yrs eligibility left, I can get behind this. Hope he’s healthy, he should start or have substantial playing time right away if he is.
Rivals had him at 2* and ESPN had him a low 3* but 247 had him as a high 3* (87).

The team will look a lot different this upcoming season from last one. 2 transfers Jarvis Ware and ? missing from the transfer list (total 13 now). I was looking for composite list and found this today on the web. By the time the team hits the field in 2022, it will look like an extreme makeover. The competition at all positions will be absurdly good. Go Knights...they deserve the new turf on indoor field and should be some other upgrades to the stadium in 3 years to improve the brand and recruiting.

Do we even want Collier back? I assume he has just this year, and we recently brought in 2 transfers. And it's not like he has an advantage by knowing the defense.

• Wow
Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT