ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

You have to take into account the rating system. Are you aware that if we sign 27 kids and all are 2.5 stars we will be "ranked higher" than if we sign 15, 3.5 stars? I would argue the latter has more impact than the former.

Also remember that incoming transfers do not count for your "class ranking" at this time.

Navy will have almost no transfer kids and all high school kids. The ranking system now is antiquated and no longer relevant at all.

I forecast a 60/40 mix of transfers and highschool kids which will give us a "lower rating".
Im aware how the ranking system works. I just threw out Navy because its embarrassing. Im not thinking we should be top 10. But top 30 is where we need to be. Not 55 or worse. The HS system is a little more accurate. How do they rank a former 4 star that could only play special teams accurately? People thought we killed the portal last year too. But the LBs were busts for the most part. No matter the ranking i still hold judgement until they play for us. Its just nice to win the offseason.

Reactions: tjb74
I just want to know if the low Hs recruit numbers is intentional or they are striking out aiming high
I've assumed he's being picky and would take more HS guys if he got high level guys, but he's not going to take lower rated guys just to fill out the class, deciding to fill in with transfers than take fliers on lower rated guys. Seven commits in two days is nice, but I feel like the two biggest needs we have are OL and LB and we didn't get any of those.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
I've assumed he's being picky and would take more HS guys if he got high level guys, but he's not going to take lower rated guys just to fill out the class, deciding to fill in with transfers than take fliers on lower rated guys. Seven commits in two days is nice, but I feel like the two biggest needs we have are OL and LB and we didn't get any of those.
yet.

Are we ready to welcome him back folks??? 2 gator writers just put in Crystal Balls for UCF. ⚔️⚔️🖤💛

I guess, but I’ve been using him as the poster boy for bad decision making for months…..can anyone lend me a sword to fall on?

Of course it isn’t official until rivals takes away 2 stars.

Somethingthat Addison Williams said that I liked was this, and I'm paraphrasing;
"I'm more of that quiet confident guy. I can get loud and rowdy with guys if I have to... Anybody can tell you we're going to be aggressive, we're going to fly around, we're gonna do this, we're gonna do that. But my biggest thing is we're going to be sound in what we're doing, guys being well coached, and disciplined."

Lots of talk about discipline and accountability.

Time will tell but I like this mentality. A few key players, young and old were there at his conference. Koby Perry, the Henderson Twins, I think I saw Kam Moore maybe? Very good to see.
All those young guys that have been breaking their tails this year to impress and get playing time next season are probably very happy about A-Will being there at DC now.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Can he play LB? :)

I'll happily take him back, it will bump up our recruiting rankings and that is all that really matters :cool:

DE Call
DT Walker
DT Rumph
DE Nixon

😎😎😎😎
Nice....all of these guys can play and are needed. Now we need a couple of guys (at least) on the OL and another LB or two and they probably will be through the portal.

Damn, this frantic boom a minute crap has my blood pressure skyrocketing…..I need to go somewhere calming where there is no recruiting going on.

Off to the Crap Pen……
not as frantic as walking into a Mall not long ago, I thought Tuesday early afternoon would be a slightly slower window 🤦🏽‍♂️

It could work but note that learning to play LB is not a given. Pass coverage doesn't come easy for those who have only played moving forward ie Dline.
While i agree, he also has 7 pass break ups, 2 ints, 10 tackles per game average, and 52 sacks. If anyone can make a jump to olb, probably him

While i agree, he also has 7 pass break ups, 2 ints, 10 tackles per game average, and 52 sacks. If anyone can make a jump to olb, probably him
But are those pass break ups and INTs made in the backfield or in coverage? If they are made in the backfield it doesn't necessarily translate to downfield coverage. The lack of that skill has made our defense anemic against underneath passing attacks. Let's not recruit in a way that continues that problem for the next several years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT