ADVERTISEMENT

Rioters Tear Down Historical Statue in NC while Police do nothing to stop it

I checked and my property does not have odes to Confederate Generals on it, so no, I think I can sleep easy.

I checked and my property does not have odes to Confederate Generals on it, so no, I think I can sleep easy.

True...its not like they would ever try to do anything to anyone that they view to have "white privilege".

Heck, the white female candidate for Governor in GA was shouted down at a Progressive Rally this weekend when BLM and others shouted her down by saying "Trust Black Women", as his liberal competitor is a black female candidate

img_8880.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ite-georgia-candidate/?utm_term=.3b0ad80816c7

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/08/12/stacey-evans-gets-rocky-reception-at-netroots-conference/

True...its not like they would ever try to do anything to anyone that they view to have "white privilege".

Heck, the white female candidate for Governor in GA was shouted down at a Progressive Rally this weekend when BLM and others shouted her down by saying "Trust Black Women", as his liberal competitor is a black female candidate

img_8880.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ite-georgia-candidate/?utm_term=.3b0ad80816c7

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/08/12/stacey-evans-gets-rocky-reception-at-netroots-conference/

Then maybe she should leave a party that is now controlled by fringe left wing identity groups and people who fantasize about having an abortion

Last edited:
It's just millennials tearing down Confederate participation trophies that were built during the height of the KKK and Jim Crow.

I'm curious, if I go smash up a patrol car on county property, are the cops going to just watch me do it?

I had to laugh at the super triggered hipster white liberals kicking the statue extra hard to prove how much they hate being white to their fellow political allies

It's stupid all the way around. The destruction of public property is stupid. But so is the NC law that says it can't be otherwise (and legally) removed or altered. It's stupid that the cops didn't stop the property damage to a County facility. It's stupid that people took time out of their day to congregate and pull down a statue. Like it matters. Just stupid.

More and more anarchist are said to be wanting to target memorials, statues and National Historical Sites for the 18 US Presidents that owned slaves, which of course includes George Washington, Thomas Jefferson (owned the most slaves), James Madison, Andrew Jackson, Ulysses S Grant and others.

Will be interesting to see if US and other law enforcement agency stand down and let these memorials and sites be destroyed next.

About 4 years ago when all of this protesting and BLM stuff started to be huge, I predicted this.

The KKK and white power loons were pretty much isolated and dormant for years. Nobody on either side of the spectrum cares for them (despite what the media tells you during #fakenews).

But .... you then get these left wing fanatics that pop out of the woodwork, seemingly supported by the last administration, and guess what? You get all of the BLM crazies calling for killing cops ... you get the "white privilege" loons making insane arguments that don't even make sense and here come the white power fanatics raging out of the back woods.

Violence causes more violence. Racism causes more racism. You can't say the left wing losers are good and the right wing losers are bad. THEY ARE ALL BAD. My only hope is that they just continue to kill each other and don't turn their efforts on innocent people (as the REAL terrorists now do).

I think confederate statues should be removed from public property. Put them in a museum or get rid of them, I don't care. However, it's not for the mob to unilaterally decide what is acceptable and to work in extralegal means.

Statues on private property is up to the property owner and it's their call on whether to remove the statues.

Reactions: Knight_Light
I think confederate statues should be removed from public property. Put them in a museum or get rid of them, I don't care. However, it's not for the mob to unilaterally decide what is acceptable and to work in extralegal means.

Statues on private property is up to the property owner and it's their call on whether to remove the statues.

Anybody that looks at a statue of Robert E. Lee and gets offended is an idiot. Anybody that looks at a statue of Robert E. Lee and gets inspired is also an idiot.

It's a part of the history of this country. Good and bad. If you ignore history, you are doomed to repeat it. George Washington had slaves. If you visit Mount Vernon, you learn all about it. It's history. I'm sure if he was alive today, he would call it a mistake. He's dead. Millions of people visit his home and learn all about the good and the bad. It's history.

Anybody that looks at a statue of Robert E. Lee and gets offended is an idiot. Anybody that looks at a statue of Robert E. Lee and gets inspired is also an idiot.

It's a part of the history of this country. Good and bad. If you ignore history, you are doomed to repeat it. George Washington had slaves. If you visit Mount Vernon, you learn all about it. It's history. I'm sure if he was alive today, he would call it a mistake. He's dead. Millions of people visit his home and learn all about the good and the bad. It's history.
Agree. Hell, there's a statue of Lenin in Seattle. It's situated in the main square of the Fremont neighborhood.

Agree. Hell, there's a statue of Lenin in Seattle. It's situated in the main square of the Fremont neighborhood.

Yea but it's totally cool since the city is run by asshole leftists who think Lenin, and Communism, are totally awesome.

Nevermind the fact that the statue was torn out once CZ gained independence from the Soviet Union and wished nothing more to do with the statue. Never mind the Ukraine envoy to the US was in utter disbelief that a statue of Lenin would not only exist, but be cheered in the US.

Reminder: Lenin, amongst other things, lead the genocide of the Cossack population and is estimated to have killed nearly 300,000 between 1917-1933.

Reactions: UCFWayne
The statues are mostly war memorials, that is it. If you view them any differently then that you're looking for something else.

So just so I get this right you're comparing a 100 year old statue to a wall that divided a country and people were shot just trying to cross it. Ok, got it.
A confederate statue actually glorifies people that fought to preserve slavery, which divided a country and people were shot just trying to cross the state border to be free

A confederate statue actually glorifies people that fought to preserve slavery, which divided a country and people were shot just trying to cross the state border to be free

Same to the 18 US Presidents that owned slaves plus others that benefited from a slavery economy.

The Stars and Bars flew for 90 years as a symbol of slavery yet it is still allowed to fly today? Why?

Japanese Rising Sun is still allowed to fly at scores of US Missions/Consulates/Embassy, why?

Same for the UK Union Jack? Why?

When are we going to tear down the Washington Monument, rename DC and Washington state, bulldoze the Jefferson Memorial?

My only problem with Confederate statues is they glorify people who literally committed treason, so they should never have been erected in the first place. But now they are a part of history and I love driving around small southern town with the status in the middle of the town square.

The interesting thing about the Charlottesville sculpture of Robert E Lee is that it was commissioned in 1917 by a wealthy northern philanthropist who ended up funding much of what UVA has become today, including their school of the Arts and Business. He commissioned many statues to be erected in the city, both Confederate and Union alike, along with past Generals from the Revolutionary War and Lewis and Clark expeditions.

He was a member of the American Sculpture Society and was awarded the Legion of Honor by the French for this dedication to the arts and philanthropy.

In other words, a total racist hellbent on the south rising again*

You're someone with no understanding of history. The vast majority of soldiers fighting for the south were not slave owners. What next are you going to have the gravestones of the confederate soldiers in Arlington National Cemetery removed?

Just because YOU glorify those statues with that meaning does not mean that's what they actually do.

Baffoon St Pete Mayor Rick Kriseman "tore down" an obscure Stonewall Jackson plaque that no one knew existed. To prove he's super offended as well.

You're someone with no understanding of history. The vast majority of soldiers fighting for the south were not slave owners. What next are you going to have the gravestones of the confederate soldiers in Arlington National Cemetery removed?
I know, the slave owners stayed home and didn't fight (just like Trump)

I know, the slave owners stayed home and didn't fight (just like Trump)
So what is it, did they all fight for slavery. As I said many of these are war memorials, what next. Will they tear down WWII memorials next because of the Japanese internment camps?

Will be interesting to see what charges they will be brought up on and if a prosecutor could ever get a guilty conviction if it ever went to jury trial and what sentence, if any, might come out of it.
It's a slippery slope, if they do not get serious penalties for this then it's open season in Durham on public property.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT