ADVERTISEMENT

Roe v Wade overturned

Attempted suicide has been decriminalized almost everywhere in the US. In the few states still referring to common law, the attempt is not prosecuted. We’ve stopped prosecuting mentally Ill people for trying to kill themselves.
We should still change the law. This is what bothers me about the US, we just stop enforcing things, instead of repealing the law. That's hallmark police state.

Reactions: wjustincottrell
How about we terminate the Rapist with their seed, and call it a day.
Boom! I had to stop reading his views. They just undermine all freedom. I don't think he realizes that.

@DaShuckster and him deserve one another. They can tear down all freedoms, each half, respectively.

We should still change the law. This is what bothers me about the US, we just stop enforcing things, instead of repealing the law. That's hallmark police state.
You really need to join Brittney Griner since you hate America so much.

The laws are changed in most states. Maryland is one that hasn’t changed but there has been a bill brought forward to change it. It failed because they claimed they were worried about opening the door to assisted suicide. IDK about the other jurisdictions.

I agree with you about removing laws or auto-expiring them but that’s another thread.

North Carolina Republicans just introduced a bill that would make it legal to kill someone who is trying to have an abortion, and also make abortion punishable by death. So in some states it is perfectly legal to have an abortion, in other states you could potentially wind up on death row. This country has gone batshit crazy.

North Carolina Republicans just introduced a bill that would make it legal to kill someone who is trying to have an abortion, and also make abortion punishable by death. So in some states it is perfectly legal to have an abortion, in other states you could potentially wind up on death row. This country has gone batshit crazy.
you think, we have 72 genders, women can be men and men can be women, bringing kids to a bar to watch drag queens is good. States where you can have an abortion right up until birth, yet someone kills a pregnant women is charged with 2 murders.

you think, we have 72 genders, women can be men and men can be women, bringing kids to a bar to watch drag queens is good. States where you can have an abortion right up until birth, yet someone kills a pregnant women is charged with 2 murders.
72 genders...? Check.
Women can be men and men can be women...? Check.
States where you can have an abortion right up until birth...? Check.

Yep, a certified Fox News viewer!

Is this supposed to appear coherent? First day back cleaning pools after the weekend?

Almost every Republican in the house voted against the bill insuring access for contraception in all states. These people have gone off the deep end.

Almost every Republican in the house voted against the bill insuring access for contraception in all states. These people have gone off the deep end.
The bill was about contraception for Christ's Sakes!

Take a moment and let that one sink in.

With the overwhelming availability of contraception, why is the federal government forcing pharmacists to provide contraception or order it if they don’t have it? If a pharmacist doesn’t want to carry contraceptives, is that really causing a problem? Someone else will capture that market space.

“Specifically, pharmacies must provide without delay a customer with any contraceptive or related medication that is in stock. If the contraceptive is not in stock, the pharmacy must immediately inform the customer and either order the contraceptive or refer the customer to a pharmacy that has it in stock. Laws in some states provide pharmacists with the right to refuse to dispense contraceptive-related drugs on religious or conscience grounds.”

With the overwhelming availability of contraception, why is the federal government forcing pharmacists to provide contraception or order it if they don’t have it?
RIGHT ON, MAN! Another example of The Big Bad Government at work FORCING its authority on poor, put-upon pharmacists, amiright?

Let's get back to 'small government' where we legislate pregnant women and girls to become human incubators regardless of their personal circumstances.

The federal government absolutely should do everything in its power to control the size of the population, short of poisoning or neutering our citizens. In fact, just give this stuff out for free. Don't force anyone to do a damn thing.

Last edited:
The federal government absolutely should do everything in its power to control the size of the population, short of poisoning or neutering our citizens. In fact, just give this stuff our for free. Don't force anyone to do a damn thing.
At the risk of this responding to a tongue-in-cheek post, do you find this view incongruous with a goal of opening our arms to all immigrants?

At the risk of this responding to a tongue-in-cheek post, do you find this view incongruous with a goal of opening our arms to all immigrants?
There is nothing cheeky about what I said. Dead serious. Decrease the surplus population.

And why would I want to open our arms to all immigrants? I don't want them here either unless they do things legally. When have I ever stated anything differently?

There is nothing cheeky about what I said. Dead serious. Decrease the surplus population.

And why would I want to open our arms to all immigrants? I don't want them here either unless they do things legally. When have I ever stated anything differently?
If you support women having control of their bodies, you support illegal immigrants. It’s black and white.

• Haha
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
72 genders...? Check.
Women can be men and men can be women...? Check.
States where you can have an abortion right up until birth...? Check.

Yep, a certified Fox News viewer!
Wrong. Don't have Cable. I have not watched in cable news show in the last 8 years. Not Fox, MSNBC, CNN, nor any other now on.
LIST

Geez. @goodknightfl is a dumb as 2 Knighttimes and at least 3 Crazycelibates.

Is he trying to fill the void? He’s ultra-triggered

Checking for continuity. You’ve been pretty lockstep with the progressives on this board so I wanted to reset my understanding of where you stand. It’s a bit concerning to see somebody say “government should do everything in its power” to control “surplus population” and mean it. Who’s to define what the optimal level of population is? Our government has tremendous power over our lives already and that position you took is a little scary. Do you trust our government in this day and age with population control?

Checking for continuity. You’ve been pretty lockstep with the progressives on this board so I wanted to reset my understanding of where you stand. It’s a bit concerning to see somebody say “government should do everything in its power” to control “surplus population” and mean it. Who’s to define what the optimal level of population is? Our government has tremendous power over our lives already and that position you took is a little scary. Do you trust our government in this day and age with population control?
Lockstep with the progressives on this board? Hysterical. Just because I don’t like the orange man or think the shit stain cops in uvalde need to go to prison, I guess that makes me guilty.

Oh, and passing out free rubbers is somehow me wanting to let every immigrant in.

Thanks for the laughs.

Lockstep with the progressives on this board? Hysterical. Just because I don’t like the orange man or think the shit stain cops in uvalde need to go to prison, I guess that makes me guilty.

Oh, and passing out free rubbers is somehow me wanting to let every immigrant in.

Thanks for the laughs.
Most of these peoples debate tactics involve various strawmen and writing people off as lefties. It’s kind of sad.

Our government has tremendous power over our lives already and that position you took is a little scary.
Given this poster's unequivocal position on abortion IN. THIS. THREAD. no less, I'm stunned to hear he worries about "our government wielding tremendous power over our lives."
The logical fallacies on this board really never cease to amaze me.
No fooling. Sk8's gem here is Example A1.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe

Thanks for the laughs.
The simple question is why the federal government needs to tax the people for something that is cheap and widely available and many charities already pass out for free? And since it’s so ubiquitously available, why do we need to pass federal legislation to force the very few pharmacists who don’t supply contraceptives to conform or else? If you’re truly on the side of limited government at all, this should be something that is at least a little bit concerning.

The simple question is why the federal government needs to tax the people for something that is cheap and widely available and many charities already pass out for free? And since it’s so ubiquitously available, why do we need to pass federal legislation to force the very few pharmacists who don’t supply contraceptives to conform or else? If you’re truly on the side of limited government at all, this should be something that is at least a little bit concerning.
You really have reading comprehension problems. Where did I say tax the people? And what part of "Don't force anyone to do a damn thing" is so hard for you to get?

Can't wait for your next leap of faith. Lemme guess: by what I posted, I want every 10-year old who wants a sex change to get it for free as well? LOCKSTEP WITH THE PROGRESSIVES!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for your next leap of faith. Lemme guess: by what I posted, I want every 10-year old who wants a sex change to get it for free as well? LOCKSTEP WITH THE PROGRESSIVES!!!!!!!!
sk8 is already there when it comes to 10-year old rape victims! He wants his government to force little girls who've been raped to carry their rapist's seed for nine months.

Wouldn't you assume a staunch, 'limited government' advocate like sk8 would find that to be "at least a little bit concerning?" But NoooOOOooooOOOOoooo, that would require him to actually stop and take a few moments to think through the bullsh*t he's fed to believe.

You really have reading comprehension problems. Where did I say tax the people? And what part of "Don't force anyone to do a damn thing" is so hard for you to get?

You said that you want the federal government to control the population. The federal government can only do anything by taking taxes to pay for it or borrowing and taking taxes later.

You said that you want the federal government to control the population. The federal government can only do anything by taking taxes to pay for it or borrowing and taking taxes later.
Ehrmehrgerd!!!!!!!!!!! THAT MUST MAKE ME A LEFTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During the pandemic, we had a group of posters who righteously proclaimed "Give me LIBERTY or give me death!" Forget the idea of all of us rallying together to do our part to stop the spread of a deadly, highly-contageous virus. We were told the Real Issue was 'the big bad government' FORCING these life-saving vaccines on everybody!!! They told us it was their G'damned constitutionally-protected right to Just Say NO to a vaccine shot. So -- okie-doakie -- many of them didn't...and some of those naysayers ended up dying.

Fast-forward to the aftermath of Roe v. Wade, and we see many of these same, "Liberty-loving," quote 'limited government' unquote, people refusing to bat an eye at taking away the right of women to make their own private, personal health decisions. Nope, in THIS CASE, the government must step in and take control of the situation.

So my question is: What the hell happened??!? Where did all of our Freedom Fighters go? What happened to their passionate appeals for an individual American's right to choose??!? I guess a needle pick in the arm or a pharmacy being ...gasp!...REQUIRED to provide contraceptives for their paying customers -- is far more draconian than forcing a woman to carry a pregnancy to term against her will.

If I'm describing YOU, I'd appreciate it if you'd help explain why the difference. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
During the pandemic, we had a group of posters who righteously proclaimed "Give me LIBERTY or give me death!" Forget the idea of all of us rallying together to do our part to stop the spread of a deadly, highly-contageous virus. We were told the Real Issue was 'the big bad government' FORCING these life-saving vaccines on everybody!!! They told us it was their G'damned constitutionally-protected right to Just Say NO to a vaccine shot. So -- okie-doakie -- many of them didn't...and some of those naysayers ended up dying.

Fast-forward to the aftermath of Roe v. Wade, and we see many of these same, "Liberty-loving," quote 'limited government' unquote, people refusing to bat an eye at taking away the right of women to make their own private, personal health decisions. Nope, in THIS CASE, the government must step in and take control of the situation.

So my question is: What the hell happened??!? Where did all of our Freedom Fighters go? What happened to their passionate appeals for an individual American's right to choose??!? I guess a needle pick in the arm or a pharmacy being ...gasp!...REQUIRED to provide contraceptives for their paying customers -- is far more draconian than forcing a woman to carry a pregnancy to term against her will.

If I'm describing YOU, I'd appreciate it if you'd help explain why the difference. Thanks in advance.
The people that you’re describing are weak-minded,brainwashed, and controlled by their political affiliation. The remainder are just rebellious and anti-authority/government. Like parade float

He will end up dead sooner than later

The amazing thing is that Trump was vaccinated and pushed for the vaccines. He was pro-vaccine in this particular instance. It’s so perplexing that they booed him at rallies when he mentioned getting vaccinated

The amazing thing is that Trump was vaccinated and pushed for the vaccines. He was pro-vaccine in this particular instance. It’s so perplexing that they booed him at rallies when he mentioned getting vaccinated
I think the genius of Trump's candidacy back in 2015 is that people responded to his comedic, anti-politican style and he was savvy enough to know what the voters wanted him to say. His pro-vaccine stance (because HE made the vaccines happen!!!) was one of the few times he was out-of-sync with them.

I think the genius of Trump's candidacy back in 2015 is that people responded to his comedic, anti-politican style and he was savvy enough to know what the voters wanted him to say. His pro-vaccine stance (because HE made the vaccines happen!!!) was one of the few times he was out-of-sync with them.
No, most Republicans are pro-vaccine. They are just anti-mandate.

But the fact that the US Media and Democrats, along with the subset of pro-Authoritarian Republicans, cannot see that difference ... is everything.

The fact that the US Media and Democrats, along with the pro-Authoritarian Republicans, have repeatedly lied that the mandates are needed to protect others, has now been proven to the Nth degree ... right down to the CDC covering up 97% of the statsitics they didn't agree with, Theranos-style. Every time someone like me brings this up, they dodge.

We're tired of the lying at the highest levels, and political appointees as the CDC and FDA, instead of our top experts, are making policy. Even our top experts are tired of it, and have been for the past year. The CDC and FDA have lost most of their credibility, especially the FDA the past year, whereas the CDC had already lost most of their credibility by burrying statistics on influenza vaccines ...

Especially since we're now seeing more and more experts coming out against annual flu vaccines, because you're not supposed to get the same variant over and over, year-in, year-out, and need to take care to avoid such. Most of our top experts are recommending against the existing re-vaxxination that is still going on too, and have been since earlier this year.

So STFU and recognize the ****ing difference! The mandates were not only wrong ... but the state lied, purposely, and covered it up once they realized it!

That's 1984-level sh-- right there. It just is. Please stop with the pro-1984 logic.

ADVERTISEMENT