ADVERTISEMENT

Rumored Contract Extension Numbers

Ain’t mattering as we are starting pay to frost at about 6 million a year and going up from there.

Wait...I thought it was $5M per year? You guys are just making shit up as you go along.
About 2 months ago I told my wife 35 million for 7 years. But the rumors from people not in Nebraska is the number is something like 5.8 million over 7 years.

Nebraska is just Home to frost that is the only reason here. His parents live here, he loves Tom Osborne and that is his mentor. It was really the perfect storm.

You guys will pay top dollar for a coach as seen by the effort to keep SF. I wish you guys the best of luck.

I wish I could be a fly on wall on what his wife thinks of this potential move. There is a good chance she'll hate living there

too many reports now that deal was done awhile ago....be very very surprised if he stays. One good thing out of all this is UCF now showed it hand that it is willing to spend P5 money for HC. Sumlin? Chizik? Kiffen? Helfrich? And improve Walters contract as well.

One of UCF's BIG donors who would be in the know about anything going on just tweeted this.

It doesn't answer the question of whether he stays or goes...but notice the statement at the end..."One thing I know for sure is that almost everybody's "sources" are CRAP."

One of UCF's BIG donors who would be in the know about anything going on just tweeted this.

It doesn't answer the question of whether he stays or goes...but notice the statement at the end..."One thing I know for sure is that almost everybody's "sources" are CRAP."

It's possible that Frost has been lying to UCF Donors.

He deserves to take some heat bc he knows that Football Excellence Fund had the purpose of keeping him and his assistants at UCF. If he wanted to go to Nebraska he should have told Danny White to not waste his time

So much for his whole thing not being a distraction from the game on Saturday. If he knows he's going to leave he owes it to his players to tell them now and not make them have to deal with all this BS for an entire week. And I would agree if he doesn't say he's staying in the next day or so he's likely gone.

He deserves to take some heat bc he knows that Football Excellence Fund had the purpose of keeping him and his assistants at UCF. If he wanted to go to Nebraska he should have told Danny White to not waste his time
Exactly. Plus if he leaves I hope he loses 70% of his games.

Reactions: mattropolis
So much for his whole thing not being a distraction from the game on Saturday. If he knows he's going to leave he owes it to his players to tell them now and not make them have to deal with all this BS for an entire week. And I would agree if he doesn't say he's staying in the next day or so he's likely gone.
If he's going to leave, I'd rather he leave right now. Get a new coach in here ASAP and start getting recruits locked up.

Reactions: Lurky and Mikesi
Nothing has been decided yet. We win either way. We are 11-0 going to. CCG and maybe a Peach Bowl with a ton of talent coming back. Frost is probably at home with his family. Haha. He still has a CCG to prepare for. If he's not doing that, he's a liar.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

That would be true if Frost knew a month ago that he was going to take the Nebraska job. But I doubt that is the case. I think Frost was honest...telling UCF about something that really needed to be addressed...and also honest about saying he wanted to focus on the season and make coaching decisions after the season.

Nothing wrong with Frost listening to Nebraska after the CCG and possibly taking his "dream job."

The Conference Championship game revenue is one source that was not even anticipated before this season... and we may go again next year if Frost stays. Not to mention fundraising is stronger with Frost here.

UCF does not keep revenue from the conference championship game. The conference pays UCF for the cost of hosting the game, but the conference keeps the ticket revenue.

The Conference Championship game revenue is one source that was not even anticipated before this season... and we may go again next year if Frost stays. Not to mention fundraising is stronger with Frost here.
It's revenue sharing with AAC the top contender for the at large birth. It definitely was accounted for.

That would be true if Frost knew a month ago that he was going to take the Nebraska job. But I doubt that is the case. I think Frost was honest...telling UCF about something that really needed to be addressed...and also honest about saying he wanted to focus on the season and make coaching decisions after the season.

Nothing wrong with Frost listening to Nebraska after the CCG and possibly taking his "dream job."

If the Nebraska fans are right that Frost met with Nebraska's AD in Philly the weekend of the Temple game and gave a verbal commitment then he was lying to Danny White and our Donors

Reactions: JAFFX2
Be careful with that. If a coach agrees to the university holding him for $20M, he most likely wants his own $20M coverage against the university; UCF can't afford that. I have great trust in DW to hire good coaches at good terms.
I'd do that, $20 Mil either way, that's a deal. Decrease 5 Mill per year for both sides in a 5 year deal. You trust us, we trust you. You have a commitment, unless for cause or NCAA violations.

If the Nebraska fans are right that Frost met with Nebraska's AD in Philly the weekend of the Temple game and gave a verbal commitment then he was lying to Danny White and our Donors

That's why I said "Nothing wrong with Frost listening to Nebraska after the CCG"

If those decisions have been made already, then Frost is not the man of integrity that Nebraska fans (and UCF fans) think he is.

I don't know for sure. I would imagine that it goes into the conference general fund that is then evenly distributed to all teams in the conference.
winning a national championship would be a game changer, not that expect it, but even making the Playoffs would be a game changer. First things first, we need to retain our coach.

Ok. I stand corrected. I always thought there were financial incentives for making it to the CCG or for winning it.
That's why there are conferences. If it didn't work this way you'd be better off being independent. ND is only school it works to be independent for. Because of NBC and Bowl money. We can't do that because no one would pay us big money for our games.

Ok. I stand corrected. I always thought there were financial incentives for making it to the CCG or for winning it.

There may be, I don't know. If there are, I can't imagine it is very big.

It's kind of like the NCAA tourney credits that go to the conference for each tournament game a conference team plays. Any particular conference might have bylaws that specify that the team that earned those credits gets a certain amount, and the remainder goes into the conference fund that is distributed to all teams.

I don't have access to (or the time to look it up) any info on how the AAC shares that kind of revenue.

What exactly would Frost have lied about?

The question posed to him was "Have you made a deal with Nebraska?" and if he only made a verbal agreement he wasn't lying.

Reactions: FrostTroll

The question posed to him was "Have you made a deal with Nebraska?" and if he only made a verbal agreement he wasn't lying.
just about every UCF fan thought the Football Excellence Fund was specifically to give a raise to all his assistants and 'keep the band together' like Scott himself said a few times. He would have misled UCF's AD, Donors, and fans. He knew Nebraska was opening up, if he was leaving to Nebraska regardless you do not green light that Football Excellence Fund in such a public manner.

Reactions: JAFFX2 and clmssun
just about every UCF fan thought the Football Excellence Fund was specifically to give a raise to all his assistants and 'keep the band together' like Scott himself said a few times. He would have misled UCF's AD, Donors, and fans. He knew Nebraska was opening up, if he was leaving to Nebraska regardless you do not green light that Football Excellence Fund in such a public manner.

I know we have our own biases.

But none of that was a lie. He didn't say he wanted to keep the band together at UCF. Creating and paying into the excellence fund will help you in the future whether he's there to reap the benefits or not. It will help you pay your future assistants more which will attract better head coaches.

And I find it incredibly unlikely that he thought he would be leaving soon when it was created. I'm guessing he thought he'd be at UCF at least 4 years. I'm also guessing he expected to go something like 8-4 this year and for the Nebraska job to not open up this season.

Under these circumstances, he’s either with us or against us. Same goes for me as a fan.
if he took the UF offer I would be rooting for the worst luck possible, I don't think the hate levels would be as high for Nebraska but I would laugh if he's in Year 2 and it's still a dumpster fire bc personally I think his system is a terrible fit for an isolated Program in the Mid West. College Football and Recruiting has changed. Husker fans will never agree but I think that will be proven right in 2-3 years.

I know we have our own biases.

But none of that was a lie. He didn't say he wanted to keep the band together at UCF. Creating and paying into the excellence fund will help you in the future whether he's there to reap the benefits or not. It will help you pay your future assistants more which will attract better head coaches.

And I find it incredibly unlikely that he thought he would be leaving soon when it was created. I'm guessing he thought he'd be at UCF at least 4 years. I'm also guessing he expected to go something like 8-4 this year and for the Nebraska job to not open up this season.

we can agree to disagree, I don't think he should have green lighted the Excellence Fund. All that did was tease the entire fanbase

Reactions: Stormthecourt?

IF (and that's a big if) he made a verbal agreement with Nebraska, the most charitable thing you could say about Frost is that he purposely misled our AD. I understand that coaches always say they are focused on their team when responding to media. But all indications from UCF are that they still think it is possible to keep Frost (for another year or two).

If Frost told UCF he was going to go to Nebraska, UCF would have started making behind the scenes inquiries to the top candidates on the list that every AD has in case it is needed. UCF is not doing that.

As of today, UCF is still discussing the details of a contract extension with Frost. If Frost has already decided to go to Nebraska, at the very least that would be deceptive of him.

if he took the UF offer I would be rooting for the worst luck possible, I don't think the hate levels would be as high for Nebraska but I would laugh if he's in Year 2 and it's still a dumpster fire bc personally I think his system is a terrible fit for an isolated Program in the Mid West. College Football and Recruiting has changed. Husker fans will never agree but I think that will be proven right in 2-3 years.

Frost would definitely be in a worse position than UCF.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I see your logic, and its human nature to try and rationalize something like this to the narrative we want to hear. If Frost bolts, UCF will be a blip on the screen for his coaching career and more than likely he will never have to face the Knights on the field ever again unless they meet in a a bowl game, and the odds there are slim to none. Frost is human and the P5 world which includes the media will not chastise him for leaving UCF if anything he is going to be the toast of the state of Nebraska and will have all the major networks gushing over his potential to rebuild that program. So he may not be able to bring his kid to Disney World for a few years..by the time the kid is 5 no one in Orlando will care or remember him either. Time to let it go. He's gone, let's get the next guy in here.

Reactions: FrostTroll
I see your logic, and its human nature to try and rationalize something like this to the narrative we want to hear. If Frost bolts, UCF will be a blip on the screen for his coaching career and more than likely he will never have to face the Knights on the field ever again unless they meet in a a bowl game, and the odds there are slim to none. Frost is human and the P5 world which includes the media will not chastise him for leaving UCF if anything he is going to be the toast of the state of Nebraska and will have all the major networks gushing over his potential to rebuild that program. So he may not be able to bring his kid to Disney World for a few years..by the time the kid is 5 no one in Orlando will care or remember him either. Time to let it go. He's gone, let's get the next guy in here.
You won’t remember the coach that led UCF to its first MNC? I will

Reactions: firm_bizzle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT