ADVERTISEMENT

Russians offered Taliban bounties to kill US troops: Military official

Countermeasures? Hell, Trump hasn't even addressed the notion that ANY foreign country -- Russia or Iceland for crying out loud -- would dare put bounties on the heads of our brave men and women serving in Afghanistan.

It's like a drunk heckler making a pass at your woman while the two of you have a drink in a bar and your reaction is to pretend you didn't hear it. What a wuss.

So now you want to protect our soldiers and get them out of harms way. Thats weird, because you wanted them to be in the middle of the Turkey-Kurds situation.

Reactions: knightbeer
He has no filter to threaten our Allies without pause but he suddenly becomes timid w Putin everytime to even make a statement.
One would think the optics of this national story are such that a public condemnation of the very notion that any foreign country would put a bounty on the heads of our military would be the obvious response from our POTUS.

The only push-back we've seen from Trump is (once again) a condemnation of our own intelligence community versus Putin.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
He has no filter to threaten our Allies without pause but he suddenly becomes timid w Putin everytime to even make a statement. He may finally have to after getting pressured by Graham and other Rs for days who are on the ballot this November

US Special Forces literally smoked a ton of Russians in Syria just 2 years ago. Scores of Russians have been killed in eastern Ukraine with US-supplied arms that Trump finally authorized after being blocked by Obama.

More Russians have been killed in the last 4 years than had been killed since..........Reagan?

But ok, we're totally appeasing Russia and stuff.

Reactions: knightbeer
More Russians have been killed in the last 4 years than had been killed since..........Reagan?
Don't ya just love 85's fairy tales!
But ok, we're totally appeasing Russia and stuff.
Why no comment from Trump -- or you -- on this Russian bounty story? Since it deals directly with the lives of our brave men and women in uniform, one would think it warrants one from their Commander-in-Chief.

Why no comment from Trump -- or you -- on this Russian bounty story? Since it deals directly with the lives of our brave men and women in uniform, one would think it warrants one from their Commander-in-Chief.

Because, you dumbass, I already know 1) that the Taliban wants to kill Americans and 2) that the Russians want to see the US defeated wherever possible to include dead Americans if that's what it takes.

This intelligence is apparently not even verified yet and it still tells us nothing new. Russian troops literally attacked our SF units in Syria 2 years ago.

Again, besides acting like a frothing senile lunatic, what else do you want done? Should we go bomb Moscow and get it on with?

Also when did all of these dead Russian soldiers at the hands of the US or US arms occur during Obama, GWB, or Clinton? Since you claim this is a fairy tale you surely have facts to the contrary.

Again, besides acting like a frothing senile lunatic, what else do you want done? Should we go bomb Moscow and get it on with?
To me Trump has done enough by acting like a frothing senile lunatic. I mean at least it provides comic relief.

You guys are so freaking dense. Once again there has been no conformation that Russia has put out bounties for the Taliban to kill American troops yet the shook left continue to argue for their childish fantasy

I’ll keep posting this until the left learn how to actually read

The Defense Department said late Monday that there is “no corroborating evidence” to support the explosive New York Times report last week that said the Russian military offered bountiesto Taliban-linked militants to kill U.S. troops in Afghanistan.

The report sent shock waves through Washington and prompted President Trump to outright deny knowing anything about the intel cited in the report.

“To date, DOD has no corroborating evidence to validate the recent allegations found in open-source reports. Regardless, we always take the safety and security of our forces in Afghanistan—and around the world—most seriously and therefore continuously adopt measures to prevent harm from potential threats,” Jonathan Hoffman, the chief Pentagon spokesman, said in a statement.

The New York Times, citing unnamed officials, reported Friday that it is believed that some “Islamist militants” or “criminal elements” collected payouts. The report pointed out that 20 Americans were killed there in 2019. It was not clear if any of those deaths were the result of a bounty.

Robert O’Brien, the national security adviser, said in a statement that since the allegations in the report were not verified by the intelligence community, Trump has not been briefed on the matter.

“Nevertheless, the administration, including the National Security Council staff, have been preparing should the situation warrant action,” he said. He said that Trump’s top priority is the security of Americans and the safety of the men and women who serve in the military.

Rep. Michael McCaul, the ranking member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, and Rep. Adam Kinzinger were in the briefing led by Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe, White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and national security adviser Robert O'Brien. McCaul and Kinzinger said in a statement that lawmakers were told "there is an ongoing review to determine the accuracy of these reports."

"If the intelligence review process verifies the reports, we strongly encourage the Administration to take swift and serious action to hold the Putin regime accountable," they said.

The White House has maintained that neither Trump nor Vice President Mike Pence was briefed on such intelligence. “This does not speak to the merit of the alleged intelligence but to the inaccuracy of the New York Times story erroneously suggesting that President Trump was briefed on this matter,” press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said in a statement.

A White House official told Fox News on Monday that Trump has now been briefed on the issue. It’s unclear exactly when this briefing took place, but the official says it took place sometime “after the NY Times reported on unverified intelligence.”

The statement is at odds with the White House, which insisted that Trump has still not been briefed.

Thomas Joscelyn, a senior fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, a think tank, told the Wall Street Journal that “Moscow’s willingness to embrace the Taliban openly and publically dates back several years” and he would not be surprised if there is truth to the report.

Also when did all of these dead Russian soldiers at the hands of the US or US arms occur during Obama, GWB, or Clinton? Since you claim this is a fairy tale you surely have facts to the contrary.
LOL---you post a bunch of shit without a link to your source but when I call you out on it, you want MY facts. :)

He has no filter to threaten our Allies without pause but he suddenly becomes timid w Putin everytime to even make a statement. He may finally have to after getting pressured by Graham and other Rs for days who are on the ballot this November
I'm hoping that you understand the are different goals between when he "threatens" our allies and when he has to deal with our stated adversaries? Our allies have not been holding up their ends of the bargain in a lot of cases and no amount of asking them nicely has changed their behavior. It's about time someone holds their feet to the fire.

So 'dozens' of Russian deaths in Syria from a US airstrike a year ago explains away Trump's silence on US soldier bounties?
You demanded a link that demonstrated Russians being killed by our military under Trump. Care to admit that you were wrong?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
You demanded a link that demonstrated Russians being killed by our military under Trump. Care to admit that you were wrong?
WTF? If you want to stick your nose in my debate with 85, at least know what the f*k you're talking about.

85 said Trump's embarrassing non-response to the story on Russian bounties on American service men and woman didn't need defending because ...(cue trumpet fanfare)....more Russian soldiers have died during Trump's tenure than all the Presidents since Reagan.

I asked for a link. Did you address that? OF COURSE NOT. You posted an article about an airstrike last year like it was another one of your miracle corona virus "cures."

WTF? If you want to stick your nose in my debate with 85, at least know what the f*k you're talking about.

85 said Trump's embarrassing non-response to the story on Russian bounties on American service men and woman didn't need defending because ...(cue trumpet fanfare)....more Russian soldiers have died during Trump's tenure than all the Presidents since Reagan.

I asked for a link. Did you address that? OF COURSE NOT. You posted an article about an airstrike last year like it was another one of your miracle corona virus "cures."

I posted a link supporting 85s claim, so how did I not address it?

I posted a link supporting 85s claim, so how did I not address it?
Good grief. It's like Trump saying he had the largest inauguration crowd ever. I say it's bullshit and you 'address it' by showing me a photo of 12 people who were there.

Good grief. It's like Trump saying he had the largest inauguration crowd ever. I say it's bullshit and you 'address it' by showing me a photo of 12 people who were there.

Good lord man. You injected yourself in the discussion between Poolside and 85, then get upset when I injected myself as well. Then you say that his claim is baseless without a link and get upset when he asks you for one. Then when provided with a link, you mischaracterize the text and change the subject. Then you completely ignore the fact that a link was provided and change the subject to trumps inauguration.

Insufferable is an apt description

Come on guys, everyone knows this is no big deal

The real story is someone kneeling during the national anthem. That is what we should be focusing on.

Reactions: chemmie
Tell that to the former Navy SEAL who spoke in the video. I'd love to record his reaction to you lecturing him on how great Trump has been for our military.
One disgruntled former Navy Seal from 20 years ago. You’re not having a good day Shucky

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT