ADVERTISEMENT

Russians offered Taliban bounties to kill US troops: Military official

His response certainly lacks tact, but regarding the topic: if anyone thinks this or some other form of support by the Russians hasn't been going on since we were first over there, you're playing yourself. Same goes for all the other places we fight terrorism. I mean we were helping out the rebels when they were in there back in the day. Doesn't make their actions right, but its a reality of the proxy wars of today.

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
As a leader, You have to know everything going on in your administration. If you do not know then ....As leader u have failed....

Honest question- assume he actually did know. Ok, so what? Our soldiers already knew the Taliban are their enemy. It’s not like these guys just decided to target Americans because of some Russian bounty.

I am failing to see what the intended policy change should have been here.

not publicly state you want to invite Russia to the G7-8 and invite Putin to the United States after knowing this information

Reactions: DaShuckster
not publicly state you want to invite Russia to the G7-8 and invite Putin to the United States after knowing this information

That was like a year ago no? Also does this change the fact that Russia controls the fate of Syria negotiations since we backed away in 2012? You’d have to engage this assholes either way.

Honest question- assume he actually did know. Ok, so what? Our soldiers already knew the Taliban are their enemy. It’s not like these guys just decided to target Americans because of some Russian bounty.

I am failing to see what the intended policy change should have been here.
He admitted not knowing! And YOU want to convince us that Joe Biden is incompetent. The entire administration is incompetent! We are talking about more than one person!

Reactions: Poolside Knight

Ok? Do you think the Obama Admin didn’t know that the Iranians’ entire goal on the Levant was to defeat American interests? They did the deal anyways and Iran now has a land bridge to Israel. I’m not saying either is right or wrong but you have to engage even with total assholes if said asshole is on the security council.

I’d love to see Russia removed from the security council, and China, but I don’t see that happening

Honest question- assume he actually did know. Ok, so what?
So what??!? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

It boggles the mind that our President would learn that Putin had put BOUNTIES on the heads of US soldiers for Taliban terrorists and
1) says nothing about it;
2) does nothing about it; and
3) when the briefing comes to light claims he never heard about it.

You'd think this information would have been immediately shared with the American public.
If you are the POTUS and you are the Commander-in-Chief of our men and women in uniform, one has to wonder, why wasn't it?

Reactions: firm_bizzle
So what??!? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

It boggles the mind that our President would learn that Putin had put BOUNTIES on the heads of US soldiers for Taliban terrorists and
1) says nothing about it;
2) does nothing about it; and
3) when the briefing comes to light claims he never heard about it.

You'd think this information would have been immediately shared with the American public.
If you are the POTUS and you are the Commander-in-Chief of our men and women in uniform, one has to wonder, why wasn't it?

What should have been done? Tame down your hilarious faux outrage for a moment and try to explain this intelligently.

What should have been done?
WTF?

Hmmm....let's see....
  • Tell the American People.
  • Issue new economic sanctions against Russia.
  • Make it crystal clear that this kind of abhorrent behavior is not worthy of a spot on the G-7/8 summit or an invitation for the Russian leader to meet with the POTUS.
The fact that none of these things happened tells you what a gutless Putin puppet Trump is.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
WTF?

Hmmm....let's see....
  • Tell the American People.
  • Issue new economic sanctions against Russia.
  • Make it crystal clear that this kind of abhorrent behavior is not worthy of a spot on the G-7/8 summit or an invitation for the Russian leader to meet with the POTUS.
The fact that none of these things happened tells you what a gutless Putin puppet Trump is.
So basically exactly what his approach to China has been, which you've also criticized.

So basically exactly what his approach to China has been, which you've also criticized.

It’s just hilarious at this point.

PS- Kudos to liberals cheering yet again when the NYT illegally publishes what would be classified information in the name of dinging Trump via anonymous sources. Why even have classified material at this point?

IKudos to liberals cheering yet again when the NYT illegally publishes what would be classified information in the name of dinging Trump via anonymous sources.
Yeah, it reminds me of the Washington Post's Woodward and Bernstein shit back in the 70s via their anonymous "deep throat" source.

Yeah, it reminds me of the Washington Post's Woodward and Bernstein shit back in the 70s via their anonymous "deep throat" source.

Citing Woodward and Bernstein is pretty rich considering you've ignored the Michael flynn thread. What Obama did was far worse than what Nixon did but its not worthy of comment? Come on man, even CBS is reporting on it.

So basically, Trump was telling the truth and this intel may not be as “sound” as everyone here is presenting it and required a lot of further due diligence and verification. Imagine that.

So basically, Trump was telling the truth and this intel may not be as “sound” as everyone here is presenting it and required a lot of further due diligence and verification. Imagine that.

If they didn't tell the president, that's even worse! They know that he's a source for the Kremlin. There are only 2 sides here, Russia or the US troops.

Reactions: NinjaKnight

Even if he had been told, he can't talk about it because its classified. The NYT keeps undermining our national security for the sake of hurting Trump.

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
Trump should just come out in his press conference and tell the entire world what we know other countries are doing and lay out all of the details on how we are responding. That way it doesn't seem like he's being so reckless.

This is all that this guy does. Take something and then immediately go in another direction and present as fact.
The real question is who leaked this information? It’s long past time for them to start outing and prosecuting the people that keep leaking classified information.

If they didn't tell the president, that's even worse! They know that he's a source for the Kremlin. There are only 2 sides here, Russia or the US troops.
Wow, thats a pretty crazy set of statements, even for the way you’ve been trolling recently. You doing alright?

The real question is who leaked this information? It’s long past time for them to start outing and prosecuting the people that keep leaking classified information.

I'm sure the Russians are thankful that the NYT ran this story and outed them, since it'll make finding the intelligence mole fairly easy and they can now reconstruct their entire communication channels. I'm sure the NYT will send money to our asset's family when he's in a Russian jail being tortured to death.

Meanwhile the CIA just lost an intelligence channel into the GRU. All so that the NYT could again run a "get Trump" ding article.

Reactions: Crazyhole
I'm sure the Russians are thankful that the NYT ran this story and outed them, since it'll make finding the intelligence mole fairly easy and they can now reconstruct their entire communication channels. I'm sure the NYT will send money to our asset's family when he's in a Russian jail being tortured to death.

Meanwhile the CIA just lost an intelligence channel into the GRU. All so that the NYT could again run a "get Trump" ding article.

Bitch, shut the fuk up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump's_disclosures_of_classified_information?wprov=sfla1

Are you going to side with the troops?
You presented a false choice based on the predicates being true. There are many reasons why they wouldn’t brief the President on information, the biggest being their confidence level in the information. But you erect this strawman of Trump being a Russian asset and then form your question.

Why did you feel the need to twist logic to pose this question?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT