ADVERTISEMENT

s. florida: where best season ever = 0 trophy and loss of coach.

Not really. 1979 ring a bell

You love us don't you BullJizz? You just can't get enough of UCF. You wish you were us. You admire us. You show it by continuing to come here. Go buy season tickets to the Heifers and support them. Oh yeah, Tampa doesn't care about the Heifers. And the Heifer board is dead. Another reason you come here, you need someone to talk to.

Poor little BullJizz the Heifer fan....

What bowl is USF and Jizbull going to?

The Bluecocky bowl in St. Pete in their best season ever?

1979-2007 First conference championship
You can probably forgive UCF for not winning a conference championship prior to joining a conference in 2002, however I do agree that UCF has a longer and better history in terms of conference accolades.

South Florida has their best season ever and gets to travel to Birmingham for a 2pm game on a Thursday while UCF plays essentially a home game on a Saturday night. I love it.

South Florida has their best season ever and gets to travel to Birmingham for a 2pm game on a Thursday while UCF plays essentially a home game on a Saturday night. I love it.

I'm all about LOL to the bulls...but you have to admit you'd rather be playing a 6-6 USC than a 7-5 Arkansas State...I am happy to be playing in Orlando though.

Reactions: jlcolvin
Technically, they will be playing for a Bowl trophy. Nice to win, yes, but we all know that most bowls really don't mean much, other than to the players, who have earned it. What matters most are the coaches getting 10-15 additional practices to work on the kids for next season!

South Carolina is terrible this year!
That's what USFs best season gets them. Sad

South Carolina is terrible this year!
That's what USFs best season gets them. Sad
In all fairness, we never got much better competition with Miss St (7-5) or Georgia (6-6) either. As has been said, the only way we get to play a top-notch team is being the G5 representative, else all the bowls are pretty much garbage. Doesn't mean they don't matter or can't be great games. It's just that they are giving us scraps off Longshanks table (if you are familiar with the Braveheart reference).

In all fairness, we never got much better competition with Miss St (7-5) or Georgia (6-6) either. As has been said, the only way we get to play a top-notch team is being the G5 representative, else all the bowls are pretty much garbage. Doesn't mean they don't matter or can't be great games. It's just that they are giving us scraps off Longshanks table (if you are familiar with the Braveheart reference).
At least that Georgia team was an excellent matchup despite their 6-6 record coming in. They were a much better team than that record once A.J. Green (may have heard of him) came back healthy (5-2 in their last 7 with only losses at #2 Auburn and Florida in OT), and had scored at least 27 in all games Green played until UCF held them to 6 and kept him out of the end zone.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Bowl system is archaic and outdated. A true playoff would generate a lot more money. Make everyone play 1 OOC game (rival) and 8 or 9 conference games plus conference champ game. Then select 32 team field with conference champs getting auto bids. 16 teams if that's too many games. So Champs play 14 games. Then could have other small tourneys like NIT and CBI for the rest to be in postseason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT