ADVERTISEMENT

Scott frost come home

Scott Frost in the Big 12 won’t be much different than him in the Big Ten. Wishful thinking for a mediocre coach. He won’t have the luxury of playing a pathetic schedule.

Reactions: Ldgator
I LOVE Scott Frost btw, never understood the Scott Frost hate. But Gus is a way better recruiter, he’s phenomenal and we all can agree, he’s a perfect CEO type…but I’m definitely getting on board with the fact he shouldn’t be the play caller. Tonight was very bad.

I LOVE Scott Frost btw, never understood the Scott Frost hate. But Gus is a way better recruiter, he’s phenomenal and we all can agree, he’s a perfect CEO type…but I’m definitely getting on board with the fact he shouldn’t be the play caller. Tonight was very bad.
Scott Frost as OC?

Malzahn is the better recruiter? Only time will tell. Let us not forget the talent Frost brought to UCF. What he did with it in a short time. Maybe Malzahn will do some amazing things. Might take him longer, he might get us further. Quit hating on Frost! No coach in their right mind would have turned down that job. Probably would have been better for Frost if he had been a head coach at UCF for a few more years. Honestly, he could have turned it down, stayed in Orlando for 3 more years, the job would have been open then, and if he had continued to have the same kind of success he would have been a bit more seasoned and ready for that job. The Big 10 and SEC are monster conferences. There really are very few if any easy outs in those conferences. At UCF in the American, if you recruit decent enough relative to Florida you should be a conference contender just about every year. At Nebraska, that is a tough sale. Getting top flight recruits to go there. Put UCF as a Power 5 school, I would say it easier to recruit here and build a brand than it would be at Nebraska. Somewhere down the road, not now because I want to see what Gus can do when he gets his guys in place, but somewhere down the road I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Frosty back. You have to admit his teams were fun to watch! Didn't agree with a lot of his decisions, but the games were entertaining. If he brought this Chinander with him, I would be okay with that as well.

Reactions: 90Knight
Penalties and poor oline play doomed us. But the reality is their kicker made 2 fgs and our shanked 2 fgs and that was the difference
Didn't UCF only attempt one FG? Louisville shanked a FG. Which to be fair if a kicker is shanking a FG its easy to assume it's Obarski.

Reactions: Wings0fred
Scott Frost in the Big 12 won’t be much different than him in the Big Ten. Wishful thinking for a mediocre coach. He won’t have the luxury of playing a pathetic schedule.
But,but we’re Nebraska!!!! Frost also didn’t have the advantage of recruiting with a P5 label, P5 facilities, and 45 + million dollar a year paychecks. Nebraska fans are insufferable and I really enjoy watching your continued losing and suffering.

Nebraska can’t keep 95 player rosters any longer and run amuck with bagmen paying recruits. Ever since thats changed, Nebraska hasn’t been able to compete in the big boy pond. Nebraska can’t beat low end Big 10 teams and wouldn’t beat the top teams in the AAC the last few years…including Frost’s 2017 UCF team. Nebraska’s no longer a blue blood….they’re Rutgers Football.

16699089.jpeg

I think Frost will head back to Florida, land of good and plenty recruits. USF will have an opening after this year. Optics will not be as much of a concern because we will be gone by then. But think Frost will not see the same success as UCF because well it's USF. He peaked at UCF. Makes me realize how bad GOL was on his way out.

I think Frost will head back to Florida, land of good and plenty recruits. USF will have an opening after this year. Optics will not be as much of a concern because we will be gone by then. But think Frost will not see the same success as UCF because well it's USF. He peaked at UCF. Makes me realize how bad GOL was on his way out.
Dont sleep on the GOL offensive line.

Reactions: hendu1976fl
Malzahn is the better recruiter? Only time will tell. Let us not forget the talent Frost brought to UCF. What he did with it in a short time. Maybe Malzahn will do some amazing things. Might take him longer, he might get us further. Quit hating on Frost! No coach in their right mind would have turned down that job. Probably would have been better for Frost if he had been a head coach at UCF for a few more years. Honestly, he could have turned it down, stayed in Orlando for 3 more years, the job would have been open then, and if he had continued to have the same kind of success he would have been a bit more seasoned and ready for that job. The Big 10 and SEC are monster conferences. There really are very few if any easy outs in those conferences. At UCF in the American, if you recruit decent enough relative to Florida you should be a conference contender just about every year. At Nebraska, that is a tough sale. Getting top flight recruits to go there. Put UCF as a Power 5 school, I would say it easier to recruit here and build a brand than it would be at Nebraska. Somewhere down the road, not now because I want to see what Gus can do when he gets his guys in place, but somewhere down the road I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Frosty back. You have to admit his teams were fun to watch! Didn't agree with a lot of his decisions, but the games were entertaining. If he brought this Chinander with him, I would be okay with that as well.
Do you also pine for the girl who dumped you for the guy with bigger bank, justifying taking her back by saying "no girl in her right mind would have turned down his offer"? Sounds like sick desperation. Learn to move ahead and get over it.

One of the biggest fraud coaches in the history of college football who stole $40 million from his alma mater and was fired in shame. He’s a crappy coach. Let him coach the cows and seal their fate

One of the biggest fraud coaches in the history of college football who stole $40 million from his alma mater and was fired in shame. He’s a crappy coach. Let him coach the cows and seal their fate
A lot of hate in the room. Some in this room haven't gotten over it. When we were 11-0 there weren't many if any on this board calling him a fraud. It didn't work for him at Nebraska. Worse things in life than that. Stop hiding behind your monitor and talking smack. When he was our coach we loved him and what he did for our program. Stop being a hater. It is kind of sad that is how you get your joy, by hating on somebody else. I get the hate for USF, but for a guy who took us to a national championship (mocked by others or not), grow up. Hate Cornhusker trolls all you want, but without Frost we are still where USF is currently; stuck in the AAC, not moving to the Big 12. Without Frost working his magic, SMU or Memphis would have got the call not us. Without us in the way, Memphis probably would have won 3 straight AAC titles.

A lot of hate in the room. Some in this room haven't gotten over it. When we were 11-0 there weren't many if any on this board calling him a fraud. It didn't work for him at Nebraska. Worse things in life than that. Stop hiding behind your monitor and talking smack. When he was our coach we loved him and what he did for our program. Stop being a hater. It is kind of sad that is how you get your joy, by hating on somebody else. I get the hate for USF, but for a guy who took us to a national championship (mocked by others or not), grow up. Hate Cornhusker trolls all you want, but without Frost we are still where USF is currently; stuck in the AAC, not moving to the Big 12. Without Frost working his magic, SMU or Memphis would have got the call not us. Without us in the way, Memphis probably would have won 3 straight AAC titles.
Stop the love for a guy who wore red and white for our CCG (basically giving UCF the double bird), went to a secret meeting in Philadelphia, and wiped the recruiting data base clean upon exiting

He was a shitty coach. He has had 1 winning season out of 7. If you think he’s a good coach then you obviously haven’t been watching any NGEbraska games for the past 5 years Ask any NGEbraska fan.

You are showing a very low football knowledge IQ. He’s made some of the most incompetent, bone-headed in game calls in the history of college football. That crap worked in the AAC, when you could make up for it with an 80 yard run or pass, but it didn’t work in the B10 and won’t work in the B12. 16-31 with some of the best recruiting classes in the country. Some ranked in the teens. Had some of the most players transfer out during his tenure. Allegations now all over the place of banging bartenders, being late or hungover for practice, etc.

He owes KZ millions of dollars for riding on his success. Just stop it with the HS crush mentality and grow up. He won with many GOL players and we were successful in 2013. This program had a down year in 2015, but it wasn’t dead. He was a terrible coach who’s now unemployed

Last edited:
Stop the love for a guy who wore red and white for our CCG (basically giving UCF the double bird), went to a secret meeting in Philadelphia, and wiped the recruiting data base clean upon exiting

He was a shitty coach. He has had 1 winning season out of 7. If you think he’s a good coach then you obviously haven’t been watching any NGEbraska games for the past 5 years Ask any NGEbraska fan.

You are showing a very low football knowledge IQ. He’s made some of the most incompetent, bone-headed in game calls in the history of college football. That crap worked in the AAC, when you could make up for it with an 80 yard run or pass, but it didn’t work in the B10 and won’t work in the B12. 16-31 with some of the best recruiting classes in the country. Some ranked in the teens. Had some of the most players transfer out during his tenure. Allegations now all over the place of banging bartenders, being late or hungover for practice, etc.

He owes KZ millions of dollars for riding on his success. Just stop it with the HS crush mentality and grow up. He won with many GOL players and we were successful in 2013. This program had a down year in 2015, but it wasn’t dead. He was a terrible coach who’s now unemployed
I’d forgotten about that shirt, remember seeing that and thought it was pretty low class. But that’s before it became apparent they he was a scum bag. Don’t feel an ounce sorry for him, and was a blessing in disguise that he got lured away.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I’d forgotten about that shirt, remember seeing that and thought it was pretty low class. But that’s before it became apparent they he was a scum bag. Don’t feel an ounce sorry for him, and was a blessing in disguise that he got lured away.
Scott Frost didn’t recruit the lines adequately that’s what would have eventually hurt him at UCF. He left the defensive line cupboard very thin for the next coach and it took years to recover. The same thing happened at NGEbraska. He fell in love with recruiting skilled position players, but failed to recruit and adequately develop the lines. Especially the offensive line. He went 13-0, but has had 6 other losing seasons. They would not even wait 2-3 more weeks to save themselves 7.5 million. He was that bad

He got the culture back on track at UCF and had an amazing undefeated season. For one season everything was perfect, but to say that he was a good coach or person is very myopic

Last edited:
Reactions: Stevieknight
Not one bit of progress in his nearly 5 years as head coach. None. Never beat a ranked team.

BTW, if he wasn’t going to NGEbraska, he would have ended up at Florida State or UF. How would that have hurt UCF recruiting?

I agree that Frost wearing red and white really rubbed me the wrong way. I don’t believe all of this talk about not wanting to leave UCF…if he really felt that way he wouldn’t have been so giddy to wear Nebraska colors on a UCF game day.

I wanted Nebraska to lose more because of their self righteous fans who think they’re still blue bloods than a dislike for Frost. Frost was a big reason we had a magical season which few teams or fans experience In their lifetime.

I was worried he wouldn’t coach vs Auburn, yet he was loyal enough to his players to stay through the end. I don’t know that we win that game without Frost.

For that, I’m still a Frost fan.

I agree that Frost wearing red and white really rubbed me the wrong way. I don’t believe all of this talk about not wanting to leave UCF…if he really felt that way he wouldn’t have been so giddy to wear Nebraska colors on a UCF game day.

I wanted Nebraska to lose more because of their self righteous fans who think they’re still blue bloods than a dislike for Frost. Frost was a big reason we had a magical season which few teams or fans experience In their lifetime.

I was worried he wouldn’t coach vs Auburn, yet he was loyal enough to his players to stay through the end. I don’t know that we win that game without Frost.

Most important, that was important experience for himself…to go through that process/experience. Norvell should have coached Memphis in thier NY6 game. That was a missed opportunity, and at the time him not being at FSU for a few more weeks wasn’t going to make much of a difference.

Frost and his coaches were out the door. They got paid to coach that game. Additionally, it was definitely a selling point for NGEbraska fans and recruits

That being said, he DID NOT HAVE TO coach the game. He had better morals at the time than say Brian Kelly. I will give him that.

Yes, their fans are assholes

scott-frost.jpg

Geez. Wear Black and Gold on the Knight walk
DO78Z4IW0AAhnzF.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
Most important, that was important experience for himself…to go through that process/experience. Norvell should have coached Memphis in thier NY6 game. That was a missed opportunity, and at the time him not being at FSU for a few more weeks wasn’t going to make much of a difference.
Every circumstance is different, but IMO that crap shows very low morals. Especially Mike Norvell who had coached those players for so long and had played so hard for him for years

FWIW, I’m hindsight, Frost needed every bit of head coaching experience that he could get.

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT