ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost want "to keep the band together"

You'd love for your best friend to become UCF''s HC.

Absolutely this. You don't ask your friend to limit his career and work for you forever. If Chinander has any interest in being a HC one day then Frost would probably encourage him to take the job with the best chance at success, which would be UCF.

Chinander goes where Frost goes. The two are literally almost best friends.
He's close with Troy Walters too. Mark Daniels relayed a story from TW.
Frost called TW 3 years ago and said, "Want to coach at Purdue?"
TWs response was, "No"

And that's how Frost isn't at Purdue now.

From a Thamel article
https://sports.yahoo.com/college-footballs-coaching-carousel-will-scott-frost-2018-191153413.html

Chip Kelly's thoughts:

The Osborne comparison is apt at this time, as Nebraska fans bracing for the firing of Mike Riley are clamoring for Frost to return to Lincoln. Kelly said he and Frost haven’t conversed about any jobs other than UCF. When a reporter pointed out to Kelly that Frost has been judicious in choosing jobs during Oregon’s successful run, included turning down multiple Power Five jobs, Kelly chuckled: “That’s because he’s smart.” Kelly added: “He’s a well-thought-out person. I also know he really likes it there. It would have to be something really good for him to leave. He’s fortunate to be able to wait for something that’s really good, but I haven’t talked to him about leaving.

“He’s not chasing recognition. He coaches because he loves coaching. He really enjoys it.”

5. Who is next at Nebraska?

Nice guy Mike Riley is destined to get bounced at Nebraska. Administrators there didn’t bring in Bill Moos as athletic director for the status quo, especially when it involves losses to Northern Illinois and 56-14 drubbings by Ohio State.

Frost isn’t as big of a shoo-in as many have assumed. He obviously considers Nebraska a special place. But the judiciousness he’s shown in past year indicates he’ll vet the job as thoroughly and emotionlessly as any other job that opens on the market. He certainly could end up at Nebraska, but he’ll do so with an approach that’s more pragmatic than sentimental.

If he passes or goes elsewhere, Mike Leach is the next most obvious name. Traditionalists will thumb their nose at the unconventional Leach. His spread offense is the opposite of the power football that brought so much glory to Lincoln. But Lincoln is a lot more like Leach’s past stops in Lubbock and Pullman than anyone in Nebraska wants to admit. Leach brings an identity, can lure top quarterbacks and a style that can make Nebraska a destination again.

There’s a disparate list of names from there. Could Sumlin beat the posse there and make Nebraska cool again? Can Arkansas’ Bret Bielema sell his Big Ten success and bring a smashmouth identity? Would Schiano’s program-building experience and no-nonsense sensibilities work? Does a Big Ten assistant like Penn State’s Joe Moorhead get a chance?

Reactions: SublimeKnight
Bianchi ... SMH.
If I was Frost, and Bianchi was the only UCF writer at the Slantinel, I'd leave. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT