ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day Thread ⚔️⚔️🖤💛

It's funny.... I want Farmer more just to see people pile onto Lobo...

May unblock him if we get Farmer.
Don't unblock him just look at his reaction but for goodness sake keep him blocked.

Signing safeties and corners who were early enrollees was an absolute priority.

UCF lost its top two corners (Thornton and Patterson) who were starters down the stretch and its starting strong safety (J. Wilson) to graduation.

The Knights will need to evaluate these guys during spring ball to determine whether it has to hit the portal in May to plug holes in the secondary.

I don't think UCF is planning on redshirting many of its defensive signees.

Last edited:
Signing safeties and corners who were early enrollees was an absolute priority.

UCF lost its top two corners (Thornton and Patterson) who were starters down the stretch and its starting strong safety (J. Wilson) to graduation.

The Knights will need to evaluate these guys during spring ball to determine whether it has to hit the portal in May to plug holes in the secondary.

I don't think UCF is planning on redshirting many of its defensive signees.
Safeties, corners and running backs you can find anywhere. Talk about the lines and the LB position.

The witching hour cannot come soon enough.

Season 1 Wtf GIF by Paramount+

• Haha
Reactions: Black_Knight07
At the end of the day, coaches have to be good evaluators and develop players. GOL could find a two star and turn them into an NFL player or an above average college player.

Even four star players having all of the athletic traits need to be coached up. Without a good player development program and coaching we'll be UM, a school with top recruiting classes which doesn't win on the field.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, coaches have to be good evaluators and develop players. GOL could find a two star and turn them into an NFL player or an above average college player.

Even four star players having all of the athletic traits need to be coached up. Without a good player development program and coaching we'll be UM, a school with top recruiting classes which doesn't win on the field.
we'll be the wrong UM. that other UM, the school up north has a great player development program.

we'll be the wrong UM. that other UM, the school up north has a great player development program.
Gus is slowly but surely adopting that "great" player development model (of putting them poultry connoisseurs in the road Jack!)

Last edited:
Rockledge High held an afternoon gathering to recognize the signing of two defensive stars: safety Jaylen Heyward and linebacker D.J. McCormick. Both signed with new Big 12 member UCF. Heyward was Brevard's most highly touted senior recruit and initially picked Georgia but switched in August. Both were on the 321preps Dandy Dozen list of the top senior recruits in the area.

Heyward talked about the end of the long recruiting process.

"This morning, when I woke up, I took a deep breath" he said. "It's a really big accomplishment. It's a blessing of God to be able to go to college for free and to go to college with my teammate."

McCormick, who has accounted for 318 tackles in three years with the Raiders, reflected on that ending.

"I was kind of sad, but I feel blessed at the same time," McCormick said. "It's a chapter coming to an end. I loved my time here. I wish I could get it back, but I'm on to bigger things."

I've been to Morgantown for a week long camping/hiking trip. It was a trip indeed and eye opener. The mountains are very beautiful and reminds a lot of Costa Rica and it was in the summertime...however, I found the people to be sketch and suspect to be on meth when I went into town for shopping.

The campus is on a hillside and I thought the campus was very ugly. I did see dorm slums with couches laying by the curbside. School wasn't in session so maybe just a transitional time.

The hiking and mountains and scenes are very pretty. Hate to be there in the winter months though. Brevard County vs Morgantown...Farmer is going to experience a whole new world indeed.

UCF travels to Morgantown in 2024 to play WVU. Someone remind us and see if Farmer is playing or not. I don't know anything about the kid and wish him luck but...wowsa...see you on the flip side.

"I just feel like it's a great opportunity to actually get outside the state of Florida and experience a whole new life and whole new world," Farmer said.

He'll be back...
"A whole new world" - god bless 'im

I felt the same way heading to Mississippi State back in the day. 6 months in and I literally wanted to kill myself.

But ya, have fun! See ya next year.

I've been to Morgantown for a week long camping/hiking trip. It was a trip indeed and eye opener. The mountains are very beautiful and reminds a lot of Costa Rica and it was in the summertime...however, I found the people to be sketch and suspect to be on meth when I went into town for shopping.

The campus is on a hillside and I thought the campus was very ugly. I did see dorm slums with couches laying by the curbside. School wasn't in session so maybe just a transitional time.

The hiking and mountains and scenes are very pretty. Hate to be there in the winter months though. Brevard County vs Morgantown...Farmer is going to experience a whole new world indeed.

UCF travels to Morgantown in 2024 to play WVU. Someone remind us and see if Farmer is playing or not. I don't know anything about the kid and wish him luck but...wowsa...see you on the flip side.
The level of poverty was eye opening…..it really did mirror what I saw in Central America. The Marshall people complain about it all the time in terms of trying to raise money to better their situation. They do have a decent football program considering the lack of funds. They were really lucky to make a lateral move from the previous CUSA to the Sun Belt before the new CUSA devolved into a FCS level conference (excluding Liberty).

Great class and we know what we need to get in the Big 12 conference championship games which is continuing to recruit like this AND ...

Get one of these freshmen QBs into a starting position ASAP so we can have 3 great years on the field after one year of developing a QB. Forget the portal QB it looks like we have 2 great candidates coming to this school this year. I haven't seen or heard anything about the existing guys on the roster becoming the kind of Big 12 player we need at QB.

Riley Trujilo coming early, could get him into games the first half of the season to play if he earns it and Colson the second half of season maybe since he is coming after spring if needed. Bottom line is let's get a good QB player recruited and start getting better and better QB recruits as team goes along in Big 12.

I remember when GOL would have a good team every 4 years after working with the players. It would be nice if we only had to wait on one off year of developing the next QB starter going forward.

Last side note: a lot of fans piss and moan about Gus (and I have also) but we have to remember that Milton ran a really good RPO and made some good plays with his legs and ability to decide when to hand off the football to his RBs. As Frost said when he came here that his offense was more running than passing. The QB position made this work. This will be the achilles heel for our success moving forward. Remember when Socks was here he didn't run very much and we complained. Now with Gus here the QB runs too much many think so we complain. Go figure... The future looks bright!

Great class and we know what we need to get in the Big 12 conference championship games which is continuing to recruit like this AND ...

Get one of these freshmen QBs into a starting position ASAP so we can have 3 great years on the field after one year of developing a QB. Forget the portal QB it looks like we have 2 great candidates coming to this school this year. I haven't seen or heard anything about the existing guys on the roster becoming the kind of Big 12 player we need at QB.

Riley Trujilo coming early, could get him into games the first half of the season to play if he earns it and Colson the second half of season maybe since he is coming after spring if needed. Bottom line is let's get a good QB player recruited and start getting better and better QB recruits as team goes along in Big 12.

I remember when GOL would have a good team every 4 years after working with the players. It would be nice if we only had to wait on one off year of developing the next QB starter going forward.

Last side note: a lot of fans piss and moan about Gus (and I have also) but we have to remember that Milton ran a really good RPO and made some good plays with his legs and ability to decide when to hand off the football to his RBs. As Frost said when he came here that his offense was more running than passing. The QB position made this work. This will be the achilles heel for our success moving forward. Remember when Socks was here he didn't run very much and we complained. Now with Gus here the QB runs too much many think so we complain. Go figure... The future looks bright!
We had a top 10 offense with our starting QB out 3 games so I think we'll be fine offensively. If our defense can start landing stud Dlinemen consistently that'll be the difference in winning 2-3 or more games a year.

I still think Gus gets a one year transfer qb, but think Timmy will improve next year. He throws a pretty deep ball. Probably the best deep ball since Gabriel.

We had a top 10 offense with our starting QB out 3 games so I think we'll be fine offensively. If our defense can start landing stud Dlinemen consistently that'll be the difference in winning 2-3 or more games a year.

I still think Gus gets a one year transfer qb, but think Timmy will improve next year. He throws a pretty deep ball. Probably the best deep ball since Gabriel.
He does have physical skills. Can he execute the play even when it doesn't look like a big gainer like throwing the ball out of bounds quicker for example...

Reactions: 90Knight
He does have physical skills. Can he execute the play even when it doesn't look like a big gainer like throwing the ball out of bounds quicker for example...
Obviously no one worked with him on the mental aspects of the game, especially when under pressure. I assume that's what Hinshaw will do in the Spring and further into preseason. Improving the mental aspects is similar to what JRP was missing at the start of this season, especially when protecting the ball and sliding. Can't help but think had JRP committed 100% to football and Hinshaw worked with him he would have been much better prepared (mentally) for this season. I sure hope our coaches step up the mental preparations prior to next season. It can make a huge difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT