ADVERTISEMENT

So at what time...

SCKnight

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Do we stop talking about Nebraska? The deed is done. The staff will be back for the Peach Bowl, but really who cares what happens at NE at this point? Lets talk Auburn.

My ideal Peach Bowl scenario:

Frost and co. return. Kids are upset, but through inspiring speeches/individual meetings they get revved up for the game. Heupel gives up some top-secret SEC info just like that weakness in the Death Star and we pull off a victory vs. Auburn.

In terms of Auburn, worried their defense will basically wreck our offense, and their run game will grind away the clock. Still haven't done much reading about them though. I said before that it almost feels like the Fiesta Bowl in reverse, where we're the high-scoring offense like Baylor was. Also I watched highlights of the Fiesta Bowl and saw Baylor missing tackles left and right, just like we do these days...

UCF is going to have to be totally focused and ready to execute to win this game. We are going to have to outscore Auburn. Anyone know if Auburn has faced a high powered offense like our's this season?

UCF is going to have to be totally focused and ready to execute to win this game. We are going to have to outscore Auburn. Anyone know if Auburn has faced a high powered offense like our's this season?

I think someone said the closest to our offense they faced was Mississippi State and they easily won 49-10

:eek:

Frost and co. return. Kids are upset, but through inspiring speeches/individual meetings they get revved up for the game. Heupel gives up some top-secret SEC info just like that weakness in the Death Star and we pull off a victory vs. Auburn.

In terms of Auburn, worried their defense will basically wreck our offense, and their run game will grind away the clock. Still haven't done much reading about them though. I said before that it almost feels like the Fiesta Bowl in reverse, where we're the high-scoring offense like Baylor was. Also I watched highlights of the Fiesta Bowl and saw Baylor missing tackles left and right, just like we do these days...
Not worried too much about them wrecking our offense. Just have to spread them out and get rid of ball quickly. Make their secondary make plays. It's usually their front 7.

Not worried too much about them wrecking our offense. Just have to spread them out and get rid of ball quickly. Make their secondary make plays. It's usually their front 7.

I'm just worried about the "let's run Killins up the middle" plays we try, haha

I do like that Milton has been really cool under pressure and elusive. That will definitely help.

Our defense is going to get embarrassed. Let's hope the offense can keep us in the game. Not sure how many weeks in a row we can score 50-60 points to barely win.

As far as our defense I think a big part of the problem was fatigue. 12 weeks in a row without a rest. In the beginning of the season we were really stopping the run. Memphis really ran on us. There is no question that we had some breakdowns in the secondary the last 3-4 weeks. I am hoping that some rest will allow our linebackers to get nasty again and the D-line to get more penetration

I do like that Milton has been really cool under pressure and elusive. That will definitely help.

6 runs through tackle box that went for TDs. It comes down to execution.

Reactions: jestert79
I don't know....i just don't know.
62775_4.jpg

Our defense is going to get embarrassed. Let's hope the offense can keep us in the game. Not sure how many weeks in a row we can score 50-60 points to barely win.
I'd venture to say that Memphis has a better offense than Auburn, but I expect Auburn to put up some points.

After the Nebraska coaching staff is done coaching us and stealing recruits.
Quickest way to move on is to ignore that noise. They can't take any more coaches and as a program bitterness is only going to make us look petty. I for one believe that Scott Frost's success was due in great part to what he took over here. Not sure about Heup yet, but he inherits a great team. Just needs to get some good staff in here.

In the last two games we did not see Richardson or McGowen at all. I find that odd too. Seems like mixing them in seemed to work in the beginning of the season.

I'd venture to say that Memphis has a better offense than Auburn, but I expect Auburn to put up some points.
When you sell out to stop the run, like we've done on play action many times, you get beat by mediocre QBs and receivers. Secondary has to stay home until after the ball carrier has reached the LBs or they will kill us like Navy did. Among other teams

I like our defense after a couple of weeks rest. Characters like Guerard and Griffin will look at this as the pinnacle of their college careers....from written off to Peach Bowl starters in their Senior year!
MM will run the offense with fearlessness. We have a bunch of talent that wants to prove themselves against "the big boys". We have a bunch of speed that is starving for big time legitimacy.
The key to winning is simple. Offense scores TDs at high percentages from the onset and defense controls the line of scrimmage preventing early answers. Attrition will settle in and i can see Auburn attempting a comeback, but if we keep scoring they won't win. We can't afford MM turnovers with no answers....and we will lose if three and out becomes regular.

In the last two games we did not see Richardson or McGowen at all. I find that odd too. Seems like mixing them in seemed to work in the beginning of the season.
When you are blowing teams out, you can play more people. When it's score for score you will only see the 2 deep.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I don't

think the kids will be upset at all. Maybe a few. The fact is, they want to play and they want to win. They are going to do the best they can to prepare for the game. The staff will as well. Once the money issues get hammered out, the coaches will do their job, and the players will do theirs, to their best ability.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT