ADVERTISEMENT

So, who won this trade?

We are trading Tom Brady to Russia for the QB for usf. Oh boy

Bottom line, is she knew their rules, but was dumb enough to avoid the state department warnings and take a chance at the ABSOLUTE WORST possible time in the WORST POSSIBLE country along with NK. A sense of entitlement maybe? American arrogance?

Now we have to trade someone that you never even heard of for a career, high profile arms criminal. Bad deal

She has been playing in Russia for almost a decade, with I assume, no issues. Even if you argue she made a mistake, in no reasonable world is her potential punishment worth the crime. We cant act like we care about human rights in some countries, but ignore it in Russia, especially when it involves American citizens.

Looks like Russia wants more than the “Merchant of Death” not the trade bait he once was after 14 years. What else should we throw in? Classified information as to where our nuclear subs are? 🤷‍♂️

While the Biden administration has shielded itself from criticism that he isn’t doing enough to help Griner and other detained Americans, the President has also opened himself to new attacks. Some have already argued that Blinken’s news conference needlessly antagonized the Kremlin, jeopardized negotiations for Griner and Whelan and incentivized the kidnapping of Americans traveling abroad in the future.

“Every tinhorn dictator out there is looking at America and how we handle hostage cases and unjust detention cases,” said Jason Poblete, an attorney who has represented U.S. citizens held hostage abroad. “The Secretary of State went on national television and made a spectacle of this. You don’t think they’re thinking, ‘Wait a minute, if we grab ourselves an American, we’ll be able to negotiate with them, exact concessions and who knows what else they will dream up.”

Last edited:
, in no reasonable world is her potential punishment worth the crime.
It’s Russia. They don’t care. I don’t travel there and you didn’t travel there in the months leading up to this (carrying ANYTHING), because, get this…., wait for it…………

WE AREN’T entitled and dumb.

Looks like Russia wants more than the “Merchant of Death” not the trade bait he once was after 14 years. What else should we throw in? Classified information in where our nuclear subs are? 🤷‍♂️

While the Biden administration has shielded itself from criticism that he isn’t doing enough to help Griner and other detained Americans, the President has also opened himself to new attacks. Some have already argued that Blinken’s news conference needlessly antagonized the Kremlin, jeopardized negotiations for Griner and Whelan and incentivized the kidnapping of Americans traveling abroad in the future.

“Every tinhorn dictator out there is looking at America and how we handle hostage cases and unjust detention cases,” said Jason Poblete, an attorney who has represented U.S. citizens held hostage abroad. “The Secretary of State went on national television and made a spectacle of this. You don’t think they’re thinking, ‘Wait a minute, if we grab ourselves an American, we’ll be able to negotiate with them, exact concessions and who knows what else they will dream up.”

We have been doing this with Russia for years, prisoner swaps with Russia arent new. Other countries, certainly less powerful countries, likely wouldnt get the same response because we wouldnt need the same response.

The best thing Rome ever did was get his ass kicked by Jim Everett.
This is comical. That was more staged than Jerry Lawler and Andy Kaufman. Also, Jim Rome is outstanding and still one of the best on the radio.

We have been doing this with Russia for years, prisoner swaps with Russia arent new. Other countries, certainly less powerful countries, likely wouldnt get the same response because we wouldnt need the same response.
It’s not a fair trade. It’s lobsided already and it’s only going to get worse.

Setting a new bar

Yes, but not for this guy.

There is no evidence he or anyone associated with him ever killed Americans, not to mention he wasnt even arrested in America so it is debatable if this is where he should even be imprisoned. Yes, he is a bad guy I am not suggesting he isnt, but lets not make him out to be Hitler or something.

There is no evidence he or anyone associated with him ever killed Americans, not to mention he wasnt even arrested in America so it is debatable if this is where he should even be imprisoned. Yes, he is a bad guy I am not suggesting he isnt, but lets not make him out to be Hitler or something.
He’s such a nice boy. Let’s do this!

Oh boy. Biden would make that trade too by the way. That is why the world laughs at us

Laughs at us for what? For protecting our citizens? And since when are we concerned about the world laughing at us?

Laughs at us for what? For protecting our citizens? And since when are we concerned about the world laughing at us?
For setting the bar to the point and looking so pathetically desperate that they can literally get whatever or whomever they want

How American leadership will succumb to media pressure because we are weak

If Trump did something this egregiously stupid, people like cubs would be screaming that it was because trump was comprised by Putin.

just stop.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
For setting the bar to the point and looking so pathetically desperate that they can literally get whatever or whomever they want

How American leadership will succumb to media pressure because we are weak

Dude, again, we have been doing this for years with Russia. If this was a first time thing, I would be more likely to agree with you, but it obviously isnt the first, and wont be the last.

Dude, again, we have been doing this for years with Russia. If this was a first time thing, I would be more likely to agree with you, but it obviously isnt the first, and wont be the last.
Not a criminal of this magnitude for a women’s basketball player. Never

If Trump did something this egregiously stupid, people like cubs would be screaming that it was because trump was comprised by Putin.

just stop.

I absolutely would not. We have a long history of this type of thing with Russia, I dont see this as being any different.

I absolutely would not. We have a long history of this type of thing with Russia, I dont see this as being any different.
Horseshit. You’re a shill of the worst magnitude. It’s really funny watching you defend this, albeit, completely predictable.

Not a criminal of this magnitude for a women’s basketball player. Never

It isnt just for a womens basketball player, as I have said in this thread. Just because she is the more high profile of the two doesnt mean that Paul Whelan isnt significant, especially if he was actually working as a spy for the US, then he would actually be more significant. You cant leave him out of this or you arent being honest in what is happening.

Horseshit. You’re a shill of the worst magnitude. It’s really funny watching you defend this, albeit, completely predictable.

Horsehit my ass. You are completing creative a narrative out of thin air and then applying it to me with no evidence, so take your shill talk and shove it up your ass if you arent able to have an honest conversation.

It isnt just for a womens basketball player, as I have said in this thread. Just because she is the more high profile of the two doesnt mean that Paul Whelan isnt significant, especially if he was actually working as a spy for the US, then he would actually be more significant. You cant leave him out of this or you arent being honest in what is happening.
Show me one exchange this lobsided. The guy gas a nickname for Pete sake. Not for being a nothing and all around swell guy. No worries though. Russia wants more and we will be more than happy to oblige 😊

Show me one exchange this lobsided

You dont know how lopsided it is, because you, nor I, know the significance of Whelan. Just because you insist on leaving him out of your narrative, doesnt change the fact he is a part of this.

You dont know how lopsided it is, because you, nor I, know the significance of Whelan. Just because you insist on leaving him out of your narrative, doesnt change the fact he is a part of this.
No worries though. Russia wants more and we will be more than happy to oblige 😊

Horsehit my ass. You are completing creative a narrative out of thin air and then applying it to me with no evidence, so take your shill talk and shove it up your ass if you arent able to have an honest conversation.
I struck a nerve, I see. And you keep dying on this hill. It’s really hysterical.

It’s ok to admit you’re wrong. Now would be a great time.

I struck a nerve, I see. And you keep dying on this hill. It’s really hysterical.

It’s ok to admit you’re wrong. Now would be a great time.

I am 100% not wrong and you didnt strike a nerve, you are just in your crazyhole type mood where you insist on making shit up and pretending you are winning an argument.

The present United States leadership would trade NK’s Kim for Lebron and you all know it. Especially if his detention was exploited by ESPN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT