ADVERTISEMENT

So, who won this trade?

Americans are home safe who didn’t “forget”. Unfortunately, she did. Too bad

Maybe that’s true, but that’s not the argument. However, know the laws. I’m sure Russians are serving the same sentence

It is the argument, or at least part of it. We cared when the dude was basically killed in North Korea over basically nothing, or when the dude was threatened to be caned in Singapore over nothing. We are allowed to call bullshit on other countries when they do things to our citizens. Now the trade part is a perfectly legit argument that I just dont agree with you on, at least for now.

It is the argument, or at least part of it. We cared when the dude was basically killed in North Korea over basically nothing, or when the dude was threatened to be caned in Singapore over nothing. We are allowed to call bullshit on other countries when they do things to our citizens. Now the trade part is a perfectly legit argument that I just dont agree with you on, at least for now.
It’s not a fair trade and it’s not over being already unfair. Good luck giving Russia all they want for these 2

Should the U.S. be doing more to get WNBA player Brittney Griner released from Russia?
  • No 55.39%

• Yes 33.95%

• Unsure 10.66%
July 8th.

They must really want her out now with the new trade talks

The argument is if it is an fair trade. Not many think it is already.
Well it’s about to get worse than it is

I think you are making too much out of the trade, that is where we disagree. Now obviously if the conditions change, I can change my mind on it.

I think you are making too much out of the trade, that is where we disagree. Now obviously if the conditions change, I can change my mind on it.
You can say its fair all you want. Few agree.

My opinion isnt based on internet polls. I am not saying the argument isnt a legit argument, but I do think you are making too much out of it.
I’m just following the thread question. Let her stay there for the asking price

You guys are treating a prisoner exchange like it's a damn baseball trade and arguing which side got the better deal. In a negotiation of this nature, it's all getting what you want, period. If you are able to make a deal -- BINGO! -- both sides have won!

My only 'WTF?' about this thing is Why in the world are we negotiating IN PUBLIC for crying out loud??? That makes no sense whatsoever to me.

My only 'WTF?' about this thing is Why in the world are we negotiating IN PUBLIC for crying out loud??? That makes no sense whatsoever to me.
So.., the world can see it and use it against us. It’s the American way. Why else?🇺🇸😊

You guys are treating a prisoner exchange like it's a damn baseball trade and arguing which side got the better deal. In a negotiation of this nature, it's all getting what you want, period. If you are able to make a deal -- BINGO! -- both sides have won!

LMAO. Both sides won, eh, just because a deal was made? You think the United States really wanted to do this? I mean FFS, we certainly dragged our feet and weren't exactly hell bent to get her out. And yes, we use sports analogies because it's quite apropos and, um, she's like a basketball player, and stuff.

It's ok to say your side fuked up and looks stupid. I do it all the time. Try it.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
It's ok to say your side fuked up and looks stupid. I do it all the time. Try it.
My side? My "side" is being okay with efforts to free two Americans who are being illegally detained in Russia. Apparently, the other "side" doesn't give a rat's ass.

I admit I've held countless positions over the years that turned out to be dumb as fcuk (i.e. supporting the Iraq War) but I'm pretty sure this ain't gonna be one of them.

because Biden thinks with his mouth open.

My side? My "side" is being okay with efforts to free two Americans who are being illegally detained in Russia. Apparently, the other "side" doesn't give a rat's ass.

I admit I've held countless positions over the years that turned out to be dumb as fcuk (i.e. supporting the Iraq War) but I'm pretty sure this ain't gonna be one of them.
She's being ILLEGALLY DETAINED?!?!?!??!?!?!?!! My God, you and Cubs live in an alternate universe. If you *think* she's being "wrongfully" detained, that's one thing. But there is NOTHING illegal about this. And it's still dumb AF.

/lesson

This is why you send Italians in to do the negotiating. Irish Joe can't keep up. Varsity vs. the JV, man.

giphy.gif

• Haha
She's being ILLEGALLY DETAINED?!?!?!??!?!?!?!! My God, you and Cubs live in an alternate universe. If you *think* she's being "wrongfully" detained, that's one thing. But there is NOTHING illegal about this.
I'll grant you this one. I should have said wrongfully detained.

Pardon me, if I don't believe a traveler with a doctor's prescription for cannibus oil used to reduce inflamation (she is, after all, a professional athlete) is guilty of drug smuggling and deserving of a ten-year prison sentence.

Pardon me, if I don't believe a traveler with a doctor's prescription for cannibus oil used to reduce inflamation (she is, after all, a professional athlete) is guilty of drug smuggling and deserving of a ten-year prison sentence.
When in Rome, dude. Their house, their rules.

Russia doesn’t care what you think. They have people in jail for less

Russia doesn’t care what you think. They have people in jail for less
Bingo.

"I know you have a law, but I don't feel like following it."

"I didn't know you had this law."

"I know you had this law and I think it's ridiculous. Therefore, I am doing what I want."

You're guilty in all three areas to the Soviets. They really DGAF.

Oh, and pardon me if a "doctor's prescription for cannibus oil used to reduce inflamation" that has absolutely no standing from state to state in this country, much less internationally, also makes the Soviets laugh.

giphy.gif

Try going to Singapore or Dubai. Excuses don’t really fly. When you travel internationally you are subject to the laws of the country you travel to. Certainly education on what is or is not illegal with regards to controlled substances would be recommended before choosing to travel to these places.

Reactions: sk8knight
Try going to Singapore or Dubai. Excuses don’t really fly. When you travel internationally you are subject to the laws of the country you travel to.
For the record, Griner pled guilty and acknowledged she screwed up so this is not a case of an 'entitled' star athlete who believes a country's laws don't apply to her.

For the record, Griner pled guilty and acknowledged she screwed up so this is not a case of an 'entitled' star athlete who believes a country's laws don't apply to her.

In essence, she had no choice. The way the courts work over there is it if she had pled not guilty, it just would’ve made things worse. So her advice from counsel was to plead guilty and be at Putin’s errrrrrrrrrrrrrr the court’s mercy.

She feels the punishment for violating a law shouldn’t apply to her, no?

She denied it at first and then said it was an accident. Next excuse….😊

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT