ADVERTISEMENT

So, who won this trade?

We have been doing this with Russia for years, prisoner swaps with Russia arent new. Other countries, certainly less powerful countries, likely wouldnt get the same response because we wouldnt need the same response.
I just think the media has failed with how they covered this story which is very different from other Americans situation.

Russia had 200K troops on their neighbors border , the State Department warned you can be a target , if you are one of the best female American basketball players you get the hell out . She is not without zero fault…..someone in the media needs to come out and say ‘Americans don’t be arrogant and complacent, do research on what is happening around the World’ .

I just think the media has failed with how they covered this story which is very different from other Americans situation.

Russia had 200K troops on their neighbors border , the State Department warned you can be a target , if you are one of the best female American basketball players you get the hell out . She is not without zero fault…..someone in the media needs to come out and say ‘Americans don’t be arrogant and complacent, do research on what is happening around the World’ .
That’s why I cancelled my vacation to St. Petersburg

She was going for a job, and she wasnt the only American over there, not even the only basketball player, male or female. Sure, people should be educated about things when they travel, but there was also absolutely no reason for her to think this would be the outcome, especially when she isnt a state actor in any way (unless you count the Olympics I guess).

but there was also absolutely no reason for her to think this would be the outcome.
This! She needs to know better. Additionally, she had illegal vape oil. Would you??? Dumb move. Beyond dumb. Ignorance is not an excuse

This! She needs to know better. Additionally, she had illegal vape oil. Would you??? Dumb move. Beyond dumb. Ignorance is not an excuse

Just because you think she should know better (which is debatable to begin with), doesnt justify the outcome.

Just because you think she should know better (which is debatable to begin with), doesnt justify the outcome.
Ignorance is not an excuse. She’s not a newbie to international travel. She’s like 32. Do you think this is the first time she’s traveled with Cannabis oil?

Would you bring it in? At that time? At anytime?

Ignorance is not an excuse. She’s not a newbie. She’s like 32.

Would you bring it in? At that time? At anytime?

No, I wouldnt, but that still doesnt mean it isnt abuse. YOu can criticize her while also recognizing it is a bullshit situation.

No, I wouldnt, but that still doesnt mean it isnt abuse. YOu can criticize her while also recognizing it is a bullshit situation.
Bingo!!

Americans need to be responsible and not have a sense of entitlement, ignorance and arrogance. The government isn’t going to bail you out every time you screw up and trade the world for your release

Americans need to be responsible and not have a sense of entitlement, ignorance and arrogance. The government isn’t going to bail you out every time you screw up and trade the world for your release

You have no clue if that is how her attitude was. She is saying it was an accident and she didnt notice it was left in her bag from her previous traveling. Obviously we dont know if that is true or not, but if it is, that is hardly anything to do with entitlement, arrogance or ignorance.

I am 100% not wrong and you didnt strike a nerve, you are just in your crazyhole type mood where you insist on making shit up and pretending you are winning an argument.
You are 110% wrong and I don’t have to insist on making anything up. We have a holy host of utter hysterical posts leading up to now from you. Just admit you are off today. It’s ok; it happens.

Reactions: sk8knight
You have no clue if that is how her attitude was. She is saying it was an accident and she didnt notice it was left in her bag from her previous traveling. Obviously we dont know if that is true or not, but if it is, that is hardly anything to do with entitlement, arrogance or ignorance.
Oh just stop. Now you’re being ridiculous.
Ignorance and forgetting is not an excuse

DON’T FORGET BRITTNEY.

She’s lying

Oh by the way, this deal was offered weeks ago and they aren’t jumping to accept it unless we give up our nukes

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe

DON’T FORGET BRITTNEY.

She’s lying

Oh by the way, this deal was offered weeks ago and they aren’t jumping to accept it unless we give up our nukes

WHich obviously isnt going to happen, so if they dont end up accepting it, then you should be happy, yes?

WHich obviously isnt going to happen, so if they dont end up accepting it, then you should be happy, yes?
Forgetting is not an excuse. Don’t forget

Yes, I don’t think it’s a fair trade and I don’t like flag kneelers either. She can kneel for Russia

DON’T FORGET BRITTNEY.

She’s lying

And give me a break, forgetting something, especially in no harm no foul type scenario absolutely is an excuse. We have all forgotten something or done something stupid. If they wanted to detain her for a few months, then so be it, but 10 years is complete BS and you know it.

And give me a break, forgetting something, especially in no harm no foul type scenario absolutely is an excuse. We have all forgotten something or done something stupid. If they wanted to detain her for a few months, then so be it, but 10 years is complete BS and you know it.
It’s Russia. Don’t forget. Be responsible

So.. if it was heroin and she forgot?

Forgetting is not an excuse. Don’t forget

Yes, I don’t think it’s a fair trade and I don’t like flag kneelers either. She can kneel for Russia

Nobody cares if you like flag kneelers, has nothing to do with this.

You asked if I would be happy and I answered you

So if she wasnt a flag kneeler what would be your response? Let's say it was a UCF guy, Bortles, Milton, Brandon Marshall, or whoever, would this be your response? Or is it because of the flag kneeling? Be honest.

So if she wasnt a flag kneeler what would be your response? Let's say it was a UCF guy, Bortles, Milton, Brandon Marshall, or whoever, would this be your response? Or is it because of the flag kneeling? Be honest.
The post is about if this is a fair trade. It is not. I don’t care about flag kneeling in this argument. You asked me a question and I answered it

The post is about if this is a fair trade. It is not. I don’t care about flag kneeling in this argument. You asked me a question and I answered it

You brought flag kneeling up, not me, but okie dokie.

You brought flag kneeling up, not me, but okie dokie.
You asked me if I would be happy. Flag kneeling is not my thing. Sorry, but it’s not helping her case in this country, but THAT’S NOT THE ARGUMENT

Ignorance of the law is always a very fine excuse.

It isnt about the excuse, it is about having a punishment fit the crime. If she took enough to where she was going to sell it or something, then this is a different conversation. I think the amount she had would barely have been enough to even get someone buzzed. A small punishment would have been fine, but 10 years is BS.

It’s is not a fair trade. I’m surprised it took you three pages to figure that out. I asked who won. I threw in her hating ‘Murica to spice the pot.

It isnt about the excuse, it is about having a punishment fit the crime. If she took enough to where she was going to sell it or something, then this is a different conversation. I think the amount she had would barely have been enough to even get someone buzzed. A small punishment would have been fine, but 10 years is BS.
The argument isn’t about the fairness of a sentence

Doesn’t matter. She’s on foreign soil.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
“The punishment for this won’t fit the crime. I’m good. if so I will plead ignorance.”

lmao.

Doesnt mean it isnt an overly harsh law and arguably a human rights violation.
Maybe that’s true, but that’s not the argument. However, know the laws. I’m sure Russians are serving the same sentence

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT