ADVERTISEMENT

southern border to be guarded by 5k troops

CBP Commissioner:

“CBP is facing an unprecedented humanitarian and border security crisis all along our Southwest border — and nowhere has that crisis manifested more acutely than here in ElPaso,” McAleenan said.

CBP added that they were on pace to have 100,000 apprehensions and encounters with migrants illegally entering the U.S., with March being the highest month in over a decade. The commissioner told
reporters the situation is becoming so dire that migrants are not even being processed and instead directly released into the interior of the U.S. because there are no facilities to house them.

The Border Patrol Union just came out saying this is the worst crisis they've ever faced.

But yea, it's all made up! A manufactured crisis! Nothing is going on at the border, it's just meanie Trump inventing things!

CBP Commissioner:

“CBP is facing an unprecedented humanitarian and border security crisis all along our Southwest border — and nowhere has that crisis manifested more acutely than here in ElPaso,” McAleenan said.

CBP added that they were on pace to have 100,000 apprehensions and encounters with migrants illegally entering the U.S., with March being the highest month in over a decade. The commissioner told
reporters the situation is becoming so dire that migrants are not even being processed and instead directly released into the interior of the U.S. because there are no facilities to house them.

The Border Patrol Union just came out saying this is the worst crisis they've ever faced.

But yea, it's all made up! A manufactured crisis! Nothing is going on at the border, it's just meanie Trump inventing things!
Hey, Beto said it's not a problem and he even wants to tear the El Paso wall down. He's got a long history of being correct and we can all trust him.

Of course, the last time I was at Fort Bliss we were told that we can't cross the border. Locals who used to do it all the time were lamenting the great food they got but couldn't anymore because going to Juarez is just too dangerous. Well, that and the hour-and-a-half minimum waits (this was a few years ago) to get across the border. So, going to lunch and shopping means you get stuck there at night which is not advisable for anyone without family in the area.

CBP Commissioner:

When will I be allowed to call it an invasion?!?!?!?!?

When you go to the local grocery store, try to speak English and the lady at the register says.

“This is America, if you can’t speak Spanish, then get out!”

Can anyone imagine being this fuking stupid? I literally can not imagine being so goddamn idiotic to post something like this on an open forum. Its unfathomable to me.

Second point: fab is just such the ideal christian. Really nails all aspects of a being a hypocritical racist piece of shit.

There's nothing going on at the border! It's all a big hoax being put on my meanie Trump!!!!
Exactly. Just open it up completely. Let everybody in. Who cares. The 19th century and early 20th century America was built on immigration. I want my tax dollars going to helping the entire world in need. Things are perfectly fine here. I’m a great Humanitarian. That Trump guy is evil. Who gives a crap about America first. That’s so selfish.

Reactions: UCFWayne
It's sad that liberals categorically do not care about the crisis at the border since they've backed themselves into a political corner where even admitting that there IS a crisis is unacceptable.

It's sad that liberals categorically do not care about the crisis at the border since they've backed themselves into a political corner where even admitting that there IS a crisis is unacceptable.
Illegal border crossings at 40 year low. If gas prices were at a 40 year low would you call that a crisis?

Illegal border crossings at 40 year low. If gas prices were at a 40 year low would you call that a crisis?
We already discussed this. It’s because we are stopping the crossings. It’s taking a lot of manpower and resources to do so

If gas prices were at a 40 year low, but it took bombing 3 countries to do so, would it be a crisis?

We already discussed this. It’s because we are stopping the crossings. It’s taking a lot of manpower and resources to do so

If gas prices were at a 40 year low, but it took bombing 3 countries to do so, would it be a crisis?
But you were wrong when you said it was because we were stopping so many people. You want to see a graph of the decline of border crossings? Hint:the decline didn't start in 2016

sw-border-apprehensions-by-fiscal-year.jpg

Would you look at that. Apprehensions are down every year since the 1990s.

Again- go to the border and tell that to the CBP guys who are dealing with being totally over run.

Or you can continue using that soon to be false statistic as a way out of admitting that there's a crisis like a coward.

Again- go to the border and tell that to the CBP guys who are dealing with being totally over run.

Or you can continue using that soon to be false statistic as a way out of admitting that there's a crisis like a coward.
You can trust the guys at customs and border protection of you can trust your fake graph that uses data provided by the... customs...and border... protection... oh, nevermind.

In light of the chart showing that we are stopping the least amount that we have stopped in the last 40 years would you like to stand by this statement?

Look at Shook Chicken, running away from the hundreds of articles available today regarding the utter crisis on the border. Labs should study people like this to understand just how the deranged, shook mind works and to understand how someone reaches such levels of willful ignorance to support an entrenched partisan political belief.

In light of the chart showing that we are stopping the least amount that we have stopped in the last 40 years would you like to stand by this statement?
Exactly what point are you trying to make?

Stopping border crossings?
Apprehensions/arrests?
It being a crisis or not?
Trump not doing anything about it?
Past presidents doing a better job?
Less attempts?

What argument are you trying to make.

What is your point?

Maybe Shook Chicken should fly to El Paso and tell this guy that he's wrong and waive some worthless graphs in his face.

Officials with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) said last week that illegal border crossings had reached a "breaking point."

“For the first time in over a decade, CBP is performing direct releases of migrants when [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] is unable to provide bed space to relieve overcrowding,” Commissioner Kevin McAleenan said.

"We are doing everything we can to simply avoid a tragedy in a CBP facility,” he added. “But with these numbers, with the types of illnesses we’re seeing at the border, I fear that it’s just a matter of time.”

Maybe Shook Chicken should fly to El Paso and tell this guy that he's wrong and waive some worthless graphs in his face.

Officials with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) said last week that illegal border crossings had reached a "breaking point."

“For the first time in over a decade, CBP is performing direct releases of migrants when [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] is unable to provide bed space to relieve overcrowding,” Commissioner Kevin McAleenan said.

"We are doing everything we can to simply avoid a tragedy in a CBP facility,” he added. “But with these numbers, with the types of illnesses we’re seeing at the border, I fear that it’s just a matter of time.”
It's the CBP's own data...

Reactions: DaShuckster
Exactly what point are you trying to make?

Stopping border crossings?
Apprehensions/arrests?
It being a crisis or not?
Trump not doing anything about it?
Past presidents doing a better job?
Less attempts?

What argument are you trying to make.

What is your point?
That it's not a crisis because border crossings are at a 40 year low.

Then you said well it's not a crisis because of all the apprehensions that are happening.

Then I showed you a graph that said apprehensions are at a 40 year low.

Then you said that graph is garbage let's listen to the CBP

Then I said the data is from the CBP.

You're thoroughly owned on this topic and so I shall leave this thread knowing that even when hard data is put in front of your ugly dumb face you still choose ignorance over logic.

Are attempts and apprehensions at historically low levels or not? Is the data reliable? Quit all the bullshit and someone just answer the questions.

And just bc the answer is yes it still doesn't mean NOTHING should be done at the border.

That it's not a crisis because border crossings are at a 40 year low.

Then you said well it's not a crisis because of all the apprehensions that are happening.

Then I showed you a graph that said apprehensions are at a 40 year low.

Then you said that graph is garbage let's listen to the CBP

Then I said the data is from the CBP.

You're thoroughly owned on this topic and so I shall leave this thread knowing that even when hard data is put in front of your ugly dumb face you still choose ignorance over logic.
ChrisKnight06 just pretty much asked the same questions that I have

Is there a border crisis or not?

How can you own someone when you’re just changing the main points of this thread?

Additionally, I’m not even the one disputing your graphs, but you’re trying to use these graphs erroneously (sugarcoating it) to say there’s not a crisis.

The problem is the word crisis and who gets to define it. I don't doubt for one sec that there are waves and hot spots but does that define a national crisis and should it drive how it's dealt with on a national scale. I'd prefer data over anecdotes. Is that the right data we should be looking at and is it from a trusted source?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
The problem is the word crisis and who gets to define it. I don't doubt for one sec that there are waves and hot spots but does that define a national crisis and should it drive how it's dealt with on a national scale. I'd prefer data over anecdotes. Is that the right data we should be looking at and is it from a trusted source?

We're getting first hand accounts from the agents at the border actually responsible for legally processing these people, saying it's become impossible to do so and impossible to do their job due to the massive swell in people flooding across the border. What else is needed right now to prove that this is, at least, a near term crisis that is quickly getting out of control?

And it's a self perpetuating problem since NPR ran a story showing how smugglers are ADVERTISING that this is the time to head to the border, since US CBP can't process everyone and is letting people go into the interior without any legal processing whatsoever.

This is from TIME Mag yesterday. How anyone can read this and not conclude that there's a crisis on the border is beyond me.

But in recent months, the number of families crossing into the U.S. has climbed to record highs, pushing the system to the breaking point. As a result, the government is releasing families faster, in greater numbers and at points farther removed from the border.

Since Dec. 21, Immigration and Customs Enforcement has set free more than 125,000 people who came into the U.S. as families.

Customs and Border Protection is also overloaded, and instead of holding families for up to 72 hours before turning them over to ICE, it has started releasing them directly into the U.S.

“The numbers are overwhelming right now,” said Gregory Archambault, ICE director of enforcement and removal operations in San Diego. “Everybody is stressed. The agency is stressed, the (local governments) are stressed, the law enforcement agencies. Everybody is stressed because there are these mass numbers of people.”

Stats are stats. Anyone trying to explain away hard numbers with anecdotal evidence is not being honest or has an agenda. In the case of 85 it's pretty clear what's going on here to anyone who's paying attention.

Border apprehensions are down. Period. Not onpy are they down but they are so far down that you need to go back before most of us were born to find a time the number was this low. They record the number of apprehensions and report that data.

85 doesn't like that data because it illustrates a campaign promise from Trump that was built on racial anger that 85 doesn't like to acknowledge the existence of. At the end of the day I like to see the stats and right now the stats don't illustrate a national emergency.

Stats are stats. Anyone trying to explain away hard numbers with anecdotal evidence is not being honest or has an agenda. In the case of 85 it's pretty clear what's going on here to anyone who's paying attention.

Border apprehensions are down. Period. Not onpy are they down but they are so far down that you need to go back before most of us were born to find a time the number was this low. They record the number of apprehensions and report that data.

85 doesn't like that data because it illustrates a campaign promise from Trump that was built on racial anger that 85 doesn't like to acknowledge the existence of. At the end of the day I like to see the stats and right now the stats don't illustrate a national emergency.

Only a true dipshit uses backwards facing data to contradict real-time evidence and conditions on the ground.

Liberals like Shook Chicken have spent so much time yelling about walls not working and pushing for open borders that they're now incapable of admitting when a real crisis exists on our border. And they're even willing to shit on what our CBP professionals are telling us, daily, in order to self perpetuate their idea that there is no crisis and meanie Trump is inventing all of this.

Apprehensions of migrants along the nation's southern border are the highest in more than a decade, creating what the top U.S. Customs and Border Protection official described Tuesday as a mushrooming crisis that threatens to overwhelm federal authorities.

The influx is being driven by a 300 percent increase in the number of people crossing as part of families compared with 2018. Families, along with unaccompanied children, accounted for 60 percent of all apprehensions since Oct. 1.

"We are currently facing both a border security and humanitarian crisis along our southwest border," Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan told reporters.

In the El Paso sector, which stretches from the westernmost border counties of Texas through all of New Mexico, apprehensions were up 434 percent from the previous year

Apprehensions are on pace to be the largest since 2005, Hastings said.
According to Border Patrol statistics, apprehensions on the southern border reached nearly 1.18 million that year.

The spike in apprehensions is straining Border Patrol staff, Hastings said.

"The current situation is unsustainable."

Only a true dipshit uses backwards facing data to contradict real-time evidence and conditions on the ground.

Liberals like Shook Chicken have spent so much time yelling about walls not working and pushing for open borders that they're now incapable of admitting when a real crisis exists on our border. And they're even willing to shit on what our CBP professionals are telling us, daily, in order to self perpetuate their idea that there is no crisis and meanie Trump is inventing all of this.
I mean I put 2018 data graph up there. Sorry it's 25% into 2019 but that's the newest data we have. If you're saying the first quarter has seen a massive jump based on anecdotal accounts then I guess that's up to you but it's better to wait for evidence before you make major changes

Reposting since the idiot above chose not to read the first time. With actual, real time statistics and data.

Apprehensions of migrants along the nation's southern border are the highest in more than a decade, creating what the top U.S. Customs and Border Protection official described Tuesday as a mushrooming crisis that threatens to overwhelm federal authorities.

The influx is being driven by a 300 percent increase in the number of people crossing as part of families compared with 2018. Families, along with unaccompanied children, accounted for 60 percent of all apprehensions since Oct. 1.

"We are currently facing both a border security and humanitarian crisis along our southwest border," Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan told reporters.

In the El Paso sector, which stretches from the westernmost border counties of Texas through all of New Mexico, apprehensions were up 434 percent from the previous year

Apprehensions are on pace to be the largest since 2005, Hastings said.
According to Border Patrol statistics, apprehensions on the southern border reached nearly 1.18 million that year.

The spike in apprehensions is straining Border Patrol staff, Hastings said.

"The current situation is unsustainable."

ADVERTISEMENT