ADVERTISEMENT

Spring 2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Not sure if he is a walk on or scholarship player, but he was listed MOST IMPROVED PLAYER Honorable Mention for the spring by Stephen Leonard.

----

Update on former UCF commit Nikhia Hill-Green. He has some quality options:

That guy has been narrowing down schools for 2 years now

• Haha
Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
Like I posted here before anyone else…UCF pursuing the two CB from Auburn and the two WR from Auburn.

Lmao. So predictable…old head wants to be at Auburn so bad.

Lol. Both paywall sites had it first (which is where you got it).

GTFOH
Lol. I saw that they had entered the portal…immediately knew Malzahn would try to get them. It’s so very obvious.

You said UCF is going after a WR with production? Lol. Who? Do you not understand that your QB is not a very attractive option for a viable transfer WR? Even more so now after his arrest.

Lol. I saw that they had entered the portal…immediately knew Malzahn would try to get them. It’s so very obvious.
If those two newbies are UCF-bound, it has been in the works for a while. Two guys destined to be major contributors at a major program don't just jump in the portal without notice or without any idea where they are headed. There had to be some old-fashioned, now-legal tampering ,going on via a former director of recruiting. And Gus had to be aware of it.

Since being fired I don't recall Gus ever mentioning Auburn by name, much less saying so many pleasantries about Auburn as he did in his recent interview with Josh Pate. Gus even said he liked to "follow the rules" but didn't know "what the rules are anymore."

Gus "appears' to have been softening the blow of stealing some Auburn Tigers from his old friend High Freeze.
You said UCF is going after a WR with production? Lol. Who? Do you not understand that your QB is not a very attractive option for a viable transfer WR? Even more so now after his arrest.
UCF is going to sign experienced SEC WRs. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Tim Harris Jr is not a "real" WR Coach so UCF is going to sign developed WRs, who are multiple year starters.

Last edited:
If those two newbies are UCF-bound, it has been in the works for a while. Two guys destined to be major contributors at a major program don't just jump in the portal without notice or without any idea where they are headed. There had to be some old-fashioned, now-legal tampering ,going on via a former director of recruiting. And Gus had to be aware of it.

Since being fired I don't recall Gus ever mentioning Auburn by name, much less saying so many pleasantries about Auburn as he did in his recent interview with Josh Pate. Gus even said he liked to "follow the rules" but didn't know "what the rules are anymore."

Gus "appears' to have been softening the blow of stealing some Auburn Tigers from his old friend High Freeze.

UCF is going to sign experienced SEC WRs. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Tim Harris Jr is not a "real" WR Coach so UCF is going to sign developed WRs, who are multiple year starters.
Who are these “experienced” SEC WR you mentioned? You are not taking about the mid 3* little guys from Auburn? Are you?

I won't lie. Missing on Kelly would be a setback. He has the desired measureables, is a schematic fit, and can physically compete for time in the playing rotation.

Missouri had a big year last year. I cannot fault the kid for wanting to play for a Gus protege' in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I doubt he goes to Auburn, which just plucked an edge defender from Arkansas State.

Columbia is a h*ll of a long way from Fort Lauderdale. Culture is different, too. Time will tell.
U know ball

Auburn made a priority of upgrading a poor WR room and sending some guys to the portal was step #1.

Freeze about to land the #1 available WR in the portal.

Freeze about to land the #1 available WR in the portal.

What?!?!?

A program with no legitimate option at QB is about to land the best portal WR of the spring? I guess news of Cam Ward's 300-yard spring practice performance didn't reach Happy Valley.

Something tells me KeAndre Lambert-Smith knows all about KJ Jefferson's arrest.

“I don’t know. I wouldn’t say I’m frustrated, we just have to take this loss to heart and work harder in the offseason to get better next season," Lambert-Smith said. "We needed to do the little things. We had to play better and execute better.”

Last edited:
What?!?!?

A program with no legitimate option at QB is about to land the best portal WR of the spring? I guess news of Cam Ward's 300-yard spring practice performance didn't reach Happy Valley.

Something tells me KeAndre Lambert-Smith knows all about KJ Jefferson's arrest.

“I don’t know. I wouldn’t say I’m frustrated, we just have to take this loss to heart and work harder in the offseason to get better next season," Lambert-Smith said. "We needed to do the little things. We had to play better and execute better.”
Lol. Miami never offered the Penn State WR. Miami is focusing on Brown from Houston who is the #2 ranked WR available from the portal. Very good production, size and 4.3/4.4 speed. Now do UCF?

Lol. Miami never offered the Penn State WR. Miami is focusing on Brown from Houston who is the #2 ranked WR available from the portal. Very good production, size and 4.3/4.4 speed. Now do UCF?
Let's do UCF.

Let's hypothetically play out your scenario. UCF signs Auburn transfers Ja'Varrius Johnson and Jay Fair. These were the top two receivers at Auburn in 2023.

Jay Fair is a true slot receiver. Had a team-leading 31 receptions among wide receivers. One drop all season. Great kid. 4.0 student. Member of the Culture Counsel. Lots to like.

Ja'Varrius Johnson. 1,000-yard career receiver. 60+ receptions. 19 catches for team-leading 347 yards among wide receivers..Incredible linear speed. Knows every WR position in Gus's offense. Again, lots to like.

What's not to like?

These guys are used to going up against the No. 1 and No. 2 corners in the SEC. Now, they will be going against the No. 2 and No. 3 corners in the Big 12. I like their chances.

Last edited:

University Of Central Florida Win GIF by UCF Knights

eec4d7d84836d936f96de9c307be53b2.gif

Last edited:
was
Let's do UCF.

Let's hypothetically play out your scenario. UCF signs Auburn transfers Ja'Varrius Johnson and Jay Fair. These were the top two receivers at Auburn in 2023.

Jay Fair is a true slot receiver. Had a team-leading 31 receptions among wide receivers. One drop all season. Great kid. 4.0 student. Member of the Culture Counsel. Lots to like.

Ja'Varrius Johnson. 1,000-yard career receiver. 60+ receptions. 19 catches for team-leading 347 yards among wide receivers..Incredible linear speed. Knows every WR position in Gus's offense. Again, lots to like.

What's not to like?

These guys are used to going up against the No. 1 and No. 2 corners in the SEC. Now, they will be going against the No. 2 and No. 3 corners in the Big 12. I like their chances.
You said that Ja’Varrius Johnson is a silent UCF como but he is visiting Texas A&M May 3.
Make it make sense.

was

You said that Ja’Varrius Johnson is a silent UCF como but he is visiting Texas A&M May 3.
Make it make sense.
Correct. And I still believe that. Xavier Townsend and/or Jarrad Baker will hit the portal if UCF starts going crazy with portal WR commits, especially slots. The only way Johnson doesn't end up at UCF is if he gets more $$$ than Gus promises. I can not fault him for that.

Correct. And I still believe that. Xavier Townsend and/or Jarrad Baker will hit the portal if UCF starts going crazy with portal WR commits, especially slots. The only way Johnson doesn't end up at UCF is if he gets more $$$ than Gus promises. I can not fault him for that.
Lol. Neither of those guys is good. Why would Gus be afraid of Jarrad Baker leaving? He’s a redshirt Senior that has 8 catches for 55 yards TOTAL in his college career.

You are beyond delusional if you believe all the nonsense you post here.

Lol. Neither of those guys is good. Why would Gus be afraid of Jarrad Baker leaving? He’s a redshirt Senior that has 8 catches for 55 yards TOTAL in his college career.

You are beyond delusional if you believe all the nonsense you post here.
Ja'Varrius Johnson is just "enjoying the recruiting process." It is what you see with a lot of high school juniors and seniors who go on extravagant official visits to places they have no intention of commiting. (A Miami fan should be very familiar with those types of visits.)

Johnson went only on one official visit (Auburn). He knew where he was going all along. H*LL, he played high school ball for Gus's first major quarterback. Johnson committed to Auburn during the summer prior to his senior season and never wavered. He missed out on a lot of the recruitment process as a high school senior.

He is making up for it now. Come on dude. Do you really think an Alabama kid is going to Arizona State... Michigan State... NO F''ING CHANCE!!!

Alabama kids are home bodies. They ain't like Florida kids.

KYA - Know Your Athlete

As a caveat, Texas A&M is a little far, but not too far. The Aggies are concerned that Troy slot WR transfer Jabre Barber may not recover. So yes, A & M is a legit threat IF Johnson has not committed to UCF by May 4.

As to your other question...

The coaching staff likes Baker. Former UCF Coach Paul Lounsberry -- NOT ME -- said that Jarrad Baker "looked like Javon Baker" during spring practices.

Again "I" said no such thing.

Last edited:
I don’t expect Ja’Varrius Johnson to end up at UCF. Look for TAMU to be his next home. UCF expanding its WR board.

I don’t expect Ja’Varrius Johnson to end up at UCF. Look for TAMU to be his next home. UCF expanding its WR board.
It is possible.

A&M is concerned about Troy transfer Jabre from Dothan. The Aggies need Tony Franklin-type screen guy. Jabre was "That dude." Ja'Varrius ain't "That dude" because he doesn't have the vision and wiggle, only the linear speed, but he can play a role. Jabre has/had all those and was capable of being an Alpha in the SEC. Ja'Varrius doesn't have that capability.

Ja'Varrius is a better fit for UCF where he can present matchup nightmares in the slot against nickelbacks as the No. 3 WR behind Kobe Hudson and Xavier Townsend/Jarrad Baker, who will draw the opposition's top two cover guys.

Ja'Varrius, however, was the Alpha at Auburn and he still wants to remain an Alpha, which is what Texas A&M is offering. UCF is not.

I guess we will find out whether Gus's relationship with Ja'Varrius outweighs Ja'Varrius's desire to be "That guy." If it does, he will be a Knight. If not, UCF will turn its attention to Jay Fair, who is a schematical fit but lacks the ELITE SEC speed Ja'Varrius brings.

BTW, the reason I mentioned Jabre being from Dothan is because if Texas A&M wasn't too far for the Troy kid, it won't be too far for the Auburn kid.

Also...

UCF will have a fight if it wants him.

Florida has a scholarship remaining since WR target Justus Ross-Simmons surprisingly decided to play closer to home. UCF will have a fight if it wants Jason Zandamela.

I also read a rumor that FSU is trying to get the kid to slow play his commitment due to its show clause. I do not know how true that is.

Last edited:
Gus Malzahn also trying to get a portal LB from, DUH, Auburn that’s currently committed to NCSU.

Look who has been offering.
Cincinnati -- CRAP
BYU -- CRAP
Vanderbilt -- CRAP
WVU -- SISTER KISSER
Southern Cal -- CRAP
Kansas State -- ABOVE AVERAGE
Miami CRAP

Answer this one question...

How did Xavier Lozowicki look against Rueben Bain when IGM Academy played Miami Central?

zz-6.jpg

But, but Auburn Legacy 1 posted that Gus Malzon was bringing a starting SEC WR. Lol.

But, but AuburnLegacy_1 posted that the GREAT and POWERFUL OFFENSIVE GENIUS and BEST HEAD COACH IN ALL OF FLORIDA Gus Malzahn was bringing an experienced SEC WR.
FIFY

And yes, Gus will sign an experienced SEC WR in this portal cycle...

EDIT

... AFTER the spring portal closes for regular transfers and post grads on May 1.

Last edited:
…UCF is going to sign experienced SEC WRs. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Tim Harris Jr is not a "real" WR Coach so UCF is going to sign developed WRs, who are multiple year starters.
The last paragraph is what this liar posted (pg.7 of this thread). Clown has no shame.

Four underrated "Hometown Heroes" I would love to see the Knights welcome back to Orlando:

(in order of importance...)

No. 1, FAMU transfer EDGE Anthony Dunn Jr. (6-4, 250) Sanford HS

No. 2, Texas A&M transfer OT/OG Derrick Graham (6-4, 314)
Lake Minneola HS

No. 3, Vanderbilt OT Leyton Nelson (current Wisconsin commit) (Gus's first UCF commit)
Boone HS

No. 4, Norte Dame S/CB Antonio Carter II
Oak Ridge HS

I think all of these guys could play their way into the 2 deep at UCF.

Last edited:
Herb Hand is only employed because he’s a Gus Malzahn yes man.

Florida has a scholarship available, but I am not sure they can offer the kid the same opportunity at playing that UCF can.

Plus Gus OWNS Africa. He signed 2024 NFL draft pick Richard Jibunor out of Africa and the two Princes out of Africa. Herb Hand is the greatest OL theft artist of all time.

If they want this kid, they get him. If they don't want him, they don't want him.

Last edited:
Florida has a scholarship available, but I am not sure they can offer the kid the same opportunity at playing that UCF can.

Plus Gus OWNS Africa. He signed 2024 NFL draft pick Richard Jibunor out of Africa and the two Princes out of Africa. Herb Hand is the greatest OL theft artist of all time.

If they want this kid, they get him. If they don't want him, they don't want him.
Tf. What kind of a post is this?

Jason Zandamela is native of Mozambique, Africa. Gus Malzahn has signed more linemen out of Africa than any other coach in college football.

Herb Hand has an extraordinary track record for signing transfer portal offensive linemen.

Despite the Crystal Balls, I cannot bet against UCF if they really want this kid.

It is crazy that this “Auburn Legacy 1” character has become the “face” of the UCF fanbase.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT