ADVERTISEMENT

Starting S Tre Neal to Nebraska

That we're pretty skeptical quite honestly. We fielded a shit unit last year after having about 6 lackluster units in a row and Chinander is sticking with a system that sucked donkey balls for us last year. Its been a perpetual cycle of throwing crap against the wall and hoping something sticks ever since we moved to the Big 10. Maybe this time it will work, but I have my doubts based on Chins lack of measurable success at UCF.
Honestly, as the offense gets implemented, Nobraska will need to rely on the defense. Just like UCF had to in 2016. I’m predicting that Frost will eventually be forced to make his friend Chanander his first casualty, possibly next year.

Oh I know you all had to move your way up. Hilarious you think you matter in the grand scheme of things. Josh is about to take you all level down.

Really fry guy. When are they going to allow you to flip burgers?

Honestly, as the offense gets implemented, Nobraska will need to rely on the defense. Just like UCF had to in 2016. I’m predicting that Frost will eventually be forced to make his friend Chanander his first casualty, possibly next year.
Good lord I hope not. It goes without saying but Frost is going to have an extremely long leash, but if he has to start making staff changes in year 2 it won't go over well with the administration.

Meh, at this point I'm pretty used to it I guess.

Good lord I hope not. It goes without saying but Frost is going to have an extremely long leash, but if he has to start making staff changes in year 2 it won't go over well with the administration.

Meh, at this point I'm pretty used to it I guess.
There’s going to be a time someday when he has to fire someone, unless his coaching career is going to always go perfectly.

Reactions: HuskerLivInTN
Florida “athletes”....enjoy your 70-80 ranked recruiting classes. I’ll gladly compare the amount of four stars Nebraska is bringing in compared to UCF if you would like. The Nebraska staff is surely finding out how much easier it is recruiting to a blue blood

So if Tre Neal starts at Nebraska...that means UCF players are better than Nebraska's.

I will give you that. As far as having a quarterback that played quarterback in college and having the same success as a quarterback in the NFL, ucf is better. I am happy to accept that.

So you accept that tre Neal was fourth on UCF's team last year with 68 total tackles, 41 of which were solo stops. Neal also added three interceptions and was UCF's second-leading tackler returning for the 2018 season. Is this a significant loss to the ucf defense?

No..it's a significant gain for Nebraska. Unlike Nebraska...UCF has depth. Our players are better than Nebraska's

Reactions: JAFFX2 and Mikesi
Not what I said. Shannon runs a different system than Chinander so the roles, thus the expectations, of each position are different. I dont know the skill set of this kid, but its very possible that he doesnt fit as well at safety in a 4-3.

When nebraska went from a 3-4 (5-2) to a 4-3 back in the early 90s it took about 3 years to get the right type of players in place on the 2nd level, and I would imagine that is probably going to be true for UCF. Fortunately there is a winning mentality and the last staff placed a focus on speed so it should be a much easier transition for the younger players to accept.

But I thought all Nebraska players are 4 or 5 star phenoms and the problem's been coaching? Shouldn't take three years to turn a former dynasty around? It didn't take Frost that long at lowly UCF with our bad 1 and 2 star players. (sarcasm)

Probably yours, but that has nothing to do with Joshy who hasn't coached a game ever as a head coach. Come talk to me in 3 years.

Dont know why you all hate on Scott Frost so much. He gave you all your programs best season ever. He gave your programs its 4th bowl win in 38 years. Seriously? 4 bowl wins in 38 years?
Do you even know we weren’t FBS 38 years ago? 20 years about. In 98 we went 9-3 and they didn’t invite us to a bowl.

Someone needs to tell UCF, that without Frost..... Milton never steps foot on UCF campus.

1513306593904.gif

Neither would these guys:

images

Sorry I have to apologize for some of my Nebraska brethren. We are all not bottom feeding trolls as it might appear. Some are very bitter because we have been awful for quite some time and are just hoping to rise up and at least win half our games. You have to understand that most of them acting like total a$$es weren't even born the last time we accomplished anything meaningful on the football field. They are just full of UCF envy. They don't know what it is like to win a division or conference championship and can only dream that someday we might go to a NY6 bowl game. That would be very special! Once again my sincerest apologies for those bad apple NU fans that have come here and embarrassed our fanbase. Best of luck to UCF. #GoKnights #ChargeOn

Sorry I have to apologize for some of my Nebraska brethren. We are all not bottom feeding trolls as it might appear. Some are very bitter because we have been awful for quite some time and are just hoping to rise up and at least win half our games. You have to understand that most of them acting like total a$$es weren't even born the last time we accomplished anything meaningful on the football field. They are just full of UCF envy. They don't know what it is like to win a division or conference championship and can only dream that someday we might go to a NY6 bowl game. That would be very special! Once again my sincerest apologies for those bad apple NU fans that have come here and embarrassed our fanbase. Best of luck to UCF. #GoKnights #ChargeOn

Thanks Obama.

Reactions: Red Burns Brighter
Do you even know we weren’t FBS 38 years ago? 20 years about. In 98 we went 9-3 and they didn’t invite us to a bowl.
How could he possibly know that? His Brainpower and football knowledge are very limited. The Troll Cornholios look up facts on google as quickly as they can and just throw anything out there.

How could he possibly know that? His Brainpower and football knowledge are very limited. The Troll Cornholios look up facts on google as quickly as they can and just throw anything out there.

How was I wrong? Despite what level you were playing at, it is still the truth. Not my problem that you all sucked too bad to be FBS.

A lot of new programs throughout football history started at the D-1 level. What's your excuse?

The truth is, Frost' offense was able to win in spite of Chin's terrible defensive scheme's

And that was with a couple of defensive NFL talented studs in Hughes and Griffen.

You will see how pitiful that D Coordinator you now have, really is. Something tells me that BIG schedule, will truly expose him.

Reactions: Mikesi
The truth is, Frost' offense was able to win in spite of Chin's terrible defensive scheme's

And that was with a couple of defensive NFL talented studs in Hughes and Griffen.

You will see how pitiful that D Coordinator you now have, really is. Something tells me that BIG schedule, will truly expose him.

Chin is 100 times better than Bob Diaco.

How many games would UCF win with Nebraska's 2018 schedule?

@Michigan
@Ohio State
@Wisconsin
@Northwestern
@Iowa
Michigan State

NU would be favored in all, but maybe 2 of UCF's games. I'd expect NU to win 9-11 games with UCF's schedule.

You better get ready for a another bad year because you will be the dog in all those games. Your answer is UCF would win more games than Nobraska.

So if Tre Neal starts at Nebraska...that means UCF players are better than Nebraska's.
Tyjon Lindsey would easily start for UCF. I’m not dumb enough to believe that means Nebraska is far more loaded with talent. Nebraska signed three Florida four star recruits last year. When is the last time UCF did that?

How was I wrong? Despite what level you were playing at, it is still the truth. Not my problem that you all sucked too bad to be FBS.

A lot of new programs throughout football history started at the D-1 level. What's your excuse?
I don’t think anyone is claiming UCF is a better historic team than Nebraska, just much better recently. 4 bowl wins in 38 years, but also 4 bowl wins (and 2 major bowls at that) in the past 8 years. Nebraska has 2 bowl wins and 0 major bowl wins in the same time frame. Like I have said before, congrats on inheriting a rich history but wake me up when Nebraska acomplishes something in the lifetime of the current generation of players and recruits.

Reactions: Mikesi and JAFFX2
Probably yours, but that has nothing to do with Joshy who hasn't coached a game ever as a head coach. Come talk to me in 3 years.

Dont know why you all hate on Scott Frost so much. He gave you all your programs best season ever. He gave your programs its 4th bowl win in 38 years. Seriously? 4 bowl wins in 38 years?
You do realize that we have been D1 since only 1996, and from 1996 through 2003 we had a football team and not a football program. Sure, we have history before 2004 but that is the year we really started taking football seriously. So in a short 13 years we've accomplished quite a lot. Our upside is as high as any program in the country if given the opportunity. Prior to 1996 there are no bowls since we weren't D1. There are only actual playoffs to determine who is the champ....a concept FBS still can't grasp.

Tyjon Lindsey would easily start for UCF. I’m not dumb enough to believe that means Nebraska is far more loaded with talent. Nebraska signed three Florida four star recruits last year. When is the last time UCF did that?

I will make an attempt at not being totally condescending just because you don't understand Florida recruiting. Florida is undeniably stacked with football talent....the success for UCF is in the ability to scout the lessor known hidden gems in their own backyard that don't get hyped with the subjective recruitment ratings. That is how UCF can be so successful with the sleeper 2 and 3 stars that would otherwise fall through the cracks. Just as one very small example, Blake Bortles played HS QB 5 miles from UCF, did not get recruited to play QB anywhere and ends up being a 3rd overall NFL pick. Sorry, you just cant do that from the the cornfields of bum f*ck Nebraska.......

I don’t think anyone is claiming UCF is a better historic team than Nebraska, just much better recently. 4 bowl wins in 38 years, but also 4 bowl wins (and 2 major bowls at that) in the past 8 years. Nebraska has 2 bowl wins and 0 major bowl wins in the same time frame. Like I have said before, congrats on inheriting a rich history but wake me up when Nebraska acomplishes something in the lifetime of the current generation of players and recruits.
BINGO!

I will make an attempt at not being totally condescending just because you don't understand Florida recruiting. Florida is undeniably stacked with football talent....the success for UCF is in the ability to scout the lessor known hidden gems in their own backyard that don't get hyped with the subjective recruitment ratings. That is how UCF can be so successful with the sleeper 2 and 3 stars that would otherwise fall through the cracks. Just as one very small example, Blake Bortles played HS QB 5 miles from UCF, did not get recruited to play QB anywhere and ends up being a 3rd overall NFL pick. Sorry, you just cant do that from the the cornfields of bum f*ck Nebraska.......
Nebraska can’t do that? Or just doesn’t need to? Big difference. Of course...both fits. I see you didn’t answer my question. When is the last time UCF signed three 4 star Florida recruits in a recruiting class? I’ll wait.

But I thought all Nebraska players are 4 or 5 star phenoms and the problem's been coaching? Shouldn't take three years to turn a former dynasty around? It didn't take Frost that long at lowly UCF with our bad 1 and 2 star players. (sarcasm)

All 4 and 5 star? Hardly. Nebraska's recruiting classes pretty much always land between 20 and 35 nationally. Had Frost been hired in 2015 then it wouldn't have been nearly the project it ia now. Riley screwed up the culture, the s&c program, and had no strategy in recruiting for building depth. Its why Frost is taking so many juco kids and transfers.

Nebraska can’t do that? Or just doesn’t need to? Big difference. Of course...both fits. I see you didn’t answer my question. When is the last time UCF signed three 4 star Florida recruits in a recruiting class? I’ll wait.
The answer is probably never. What’s your point? My question for you is what has all these 4-5 star recruits done for Nobraska? Your argument is irrelevant. You were 4-8 last year with a loss to Northern Illinois with a top 20-35 recruiting class for years

UCF would have blown Nobraska out last year with 2-3 star recruits and recruiting classes double that number

Now do you want to start a new argument discussing the discrepancies in resources and money

The answer is probably never. My question for you is what has all these 4-5 star recruits done for Nobraska? Your argument is irrelevant. You were 4-8 last year with a loss to Northern Illinois with a top 20-35 recruiting class for years

UCF would have blown Nobraska out last year with 2-3 star recruits and recruiting classes double that number
No doubt. Nebraska’s main issue for over a decade is the inability to develop said talent. Frost and company had zero issues with that at UCF which makes it very encouraging to finally have a staff that can recruit and develop.

Obviously Frost doesn't have that luxury in Lincoln, but its never mattered. Like most teams outside of Florida, Georgia, and Texas, Nebraska has always recruited nationally.

No doubt. Nebraska’s main issue for over a decade is the inability to develop said talent. Frost and company had zero issues with that at UCF which makes it very encouraging to finally have a staff that can recruit and develop.
Don’t actually claim something before it actually happens. It’s apples and oranges
Anything could happen. It’s a whole different environment.

Frost’s classes last year and this year so far have been no better than past classes. As far as developing talent, who has he developed so far?
Pretty tough to judge when you haven’t played a game

What’s going to happen when your QB and undersized running backs get knocked out for the season playing physical big -10 teams week after week?

CANNOT! Unless they have someone spend full time recruiting Florida. Our coaches can hit most of these high schools in their spare time riding their bicycles. Nebraska coaches have to hop a flight on dedicated recruiting trips. UCF has Florida HS players regularly attend every home game. Can Nebraska do that. I will answer that for you. Absolutely NOT! Can Nebraska effectively scour Florida for the lessor publicized HS talent. NFW!!!

Obviously Frost doesn't have that luxury in Lincoln, but its never mattered. Like most teams outside of Florida, Georgia, and Texas, Nebraska has always recruited nationally.

How has that worked out for them for the past 20 years?

Don’t actually claim something before it actually happens. It’s apples and oranges
Anything could happen. It’s a whole different environment.

Frost’s classes last year and this year so far have been no better than past classes. As far as developing talent, who has he developed so far?
Pretty tough to judge when you haven’t played a game

What’s going to happen when your QB and undersized running backs get knocked out for the season playing physical big -10 teams week after week?
We don’t have any undersized running backs. How can you make such a post and In the same breath pimp Huepel who has zero experience at head coach and go on the claim he is better than Frost? Interesting.

The answer is probably never. What’s your point? My question for you is what has all these 4-5 star recruits done for Nobraska? Your argument is irrelevant. You were 4-8 last year with a loss to Northern Illinois with a top 20-35 recruiting class for years

Now do you want to start a new argument discussing the discrepancies in resources and money

Its the kind of statement that should never come from a Nebraska fan. Our strength was always player development and system just like UCF, not in stacking up on elite high school talent.

UCF has always benefitted from being in the fertile recruiting grounds of Florida and used that as an equalizer for what it lacks. Nebraska has to do the same thing, except our equalizer was always superior coaching and money. Its 2 sides of the same coin. Neither of us will ever be Texas or USC but that doesnt relegate our teams to the 2nd tier of FBS.

Nebraska fans like you can keep on pounding your chest about all of the 4/5 star players you win recruiting rankings with....UCF fans will keep bragging about about winning football games with 2/3 star players

CANNOT! Unless they have someone spend full time recruiting Florida. Our coaches can hit most of these high schools in their spare time riding their bicycles. Nebraska coaches have to hop a flight on dedicated recruiting trips. UCF has Florida HS players regularly attend every home game. Can Nebraska do that. I will answer that for you. Absolutely NOT! Can Nebraska effectively scour Florida for the lessor publicized HS talent. NFW!!!
Nebraska has always recruits nationally. No reason to believe Frost can’t continue to go into Florida and other parts of the country and find the “diamonds in the rough” trickled in with the 4 stars he is signing.

Nebraska fans like you can keep on pounding your chest about all of the 4/5 star players you win recruiting rankings with....UCF fans will keep bragging about about winning football games with 2/3 star players
Just a few short years ago you all went winless and lost to Furman. Then came Frost and company and totally turned everything around. No reason to believe he can’t turn Nebraska into a winner eventually with his ability to develop talent and now being at a program that can pull in top talent around the country.

How has that worked out for them for the past 20 years?

Not well. That doesnt mean it was the problem. Up until this year our AD has been an absolute dumpster fire since 2001 thanks to a chancellor who was openly critical of the idea of sports being a focus of the university. There was a lot of sabotage that went on.

Not well. That doesnt mean it was the problem. Up until this year our AD has been an absolute dumpster fire since 2001 thanks to a chancellor who was openly critical of the idea of sports being a focus of the university. There was a lot of sabotage that went on.

I have to admit that you are certainly the most rational and logical pro Nebraska poster on this board by a long shot.

We don’t have any undersized running backs. How can you make such a post and In the same breath pimp Huepel who has zero experience at head coach and go on the claim he is better than Frost? Interesting.
Nobody is pumping Heupel. Heupel just needs to not screw anything up in 2018 with all the returning talent

And how can all your fans say that Frost and is a better than Heupel since he’s never coached?? Goes both ways. Will he be as great if he goes 6-6 this year? 8-4 or 9-3 next year. Sounds like the same old Nobraska. Could Heupel win at Nobraska??? Who knows.

You Nobraska fans are as good as predicting the future as you are rehashing the past

Reactions: JAFFX2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT