ADVERTISEMENT

State of the Union Address

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
For the first time in ages, our annual State of the Union address is not in January. The date hinges on when the Speaker of the House extends an invite. It is constitutionally-mandated so it has to happen but Mike Johnson thought he'd be clever and delay it.

Thanks to Speaker Johnson's brilliant ploy, President Biden will be able to use the timing of this year's SOU address to kick-off the general election campaign. It will be interesting to listen tonight and see how he explains away the horrible mess the country is in since The Glory Years of Donald Trump, right guys? ;) :)

For the first time in ages, our annual State of the Union address is not in January. The date hinges on when the Speaker of the House extends an invite. It is constitutionally-mandated so it has to happen but Mike Johnson thought he'd be clever and delay it.

Thanks to Speaker Johnson's brilliant ploy, President Biden will be able to use the timing of this year's SOU address to kick-off the general election campaign. It will be interesting to listen tonight and see how he explains away the horrible mess the country is in since The Glory Years of Donald Trump, right guys? ;) :)
Not sure what guys you are referring to.

Right guys? 😊

Not sure what guys you are referring to.

Right guys? 😊
I was told by Crazyhole when I came here that this was a super-conservative forum.

Frankly, I'm amazed how easily Trump breezed through the GOP primaries when all the folks here have sworn they sure as hell wouldn't vote for him. ;) :)

Pretty sad state when you prop Weekend at Joe’s up for a 60-90 minute speech and try to make believe that he’s energetic enough to run a country 24/7 as much as 4-5 years from this date at 86

Nobody is being fooled, because after this, he’ll go back to being the same old dementia Joe once the drugs wear off

Of course, people like Shucky are easily fooled

Riiiiiiiggggghhhhttttt Guuuuyyysss????

Reactions: thall__
Pretty sad state when you prop Weekend at Joe’s up for a 60-90 minute speech and try to make believe that he’s energetic enough to run a country 24/7 as much as 4-5 years from this date at 86

Nobody is being fooled, because after this, he’ll go back to being the same old dementia Joe once the drugs wear off

Of course, people like Shucky are easily fooled

Riiiiiiiggggghhhhttttt Guuuuyyysss????
The president doesn't have to be a marathon runner, so not sure what you mean by faking being energetic.

Well based on ucfmike m.d.'s online dx, he apparently has drugs to treat that.
No.. Based on a special council report, he’s basically not fit to be president 4-5 years earlier than he needs to be.

lol. Marathon runner? Howabout not suffering from dementia and memory loss?
If you watched that speech and want to continue to play the Fox News and Newsmax Dementia Joe tune, I have to wonder if your cognitive skills are suffering. ;)

I've heard Biden zillions of times over the years. That was his best speech ever. My favorite line was: "You can't love your country only when you win."

If you watched that speech and want to continue to play the Fox News and Newsmax Dementia Joe tune, I have to wonder if your cognitive skills are suffering. ;)

I've heard Biden zillions of times over the years. That was his best speech ever. My favorite line was: "You can't love your country only when you win."
Delusional that you would think that the country can be run properly on one speech. Maybe he can use all that 40 year-old renewed energy to solve the border crisis

Based on a special council report, he’s basically not fit to be president 4-5 years earlier than he needs to be.

Want to bet that he doesn’t make it through his term?

No.. Based on a special council report, he’s basically not fit to be president 4-5 years earlier than he needs to be.
A special council report written by a federal lawyer (appointed by Trump) not a doctor.

A special council report written by a federal lawyer (appointed by Trump) not a doctor.
I like my presidents not needing ANY SPECIAL COUNCIL REPORT saying that they basically aren’t fit to be president

When in U.S. history has this happened before?

I like my presidents not needing ANY SPECIAL COUNCIL REPORT saying that they basically aren’t fit to be president

When in U.S. history has this happened before?
When has what happened? Special councils? Partisan gamesmanship? They have happened forever.

When has what happened? Special councils? Partisan gamesmanship? They have happened forever.
No.., a special council that basically said that a sitting president wasn’t fit mentally

So.., who’s wanting to bet that this guy doesn’t make it to January of 2029?

So.., who’s wanting to bet that this guy doesn’t make it to January of 2029 due to dementia or death from old age?

Did you watch tonight's speech?
You know what's funny, the first president to give a speech on the radio was in the 1920s, and tv was 1939. In other words, for most of our countries history people never heard or saw a president speak, they read the speeches. But now, appearance is all some people care about.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Lol 😂. Nice try
Am I wrong? You said finish a term you didn't say how they die. Several presidents haven't finished a term, and you know what? The country moved on just fine. Not finishing a term is never guaranteed anymore than you or I being alive in 4 years isn't a gurantee.

You know what's funny, the first president to give a speech on the radio was in the 1920s, and tv was 1939. In other words, for most of our countries history people never heard or saw a president speak, they read the speeches. But now, appearance is all some people care about.
That’s why it meant NOTHING to me and I didn’t watch. It’s all a big show, but you guys seem to be fooled by it

I’m more concerned about everyday actions and not a 90 minute propped up snapshot of what everyone wants to hear

Am I wrong? You said finish a term you didn't say how they die. Several presidents haven't finished a term, and you know what? The country moved on just fine. Not finishing a term is never guaranteed anymore than you or I being alive in 4 years isn't a gurantee.
Comparing a random assassination 60 years ago to advancing age is a very very poor argument

If you can’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you, but you be you

Comparing a random assassination 60 years ago to advancing age is a very very poor argument
It's not at all, a president dying in office is a president dying office, not sure why the reason matters. But FDR died during WW2, and somehow we still won the war, if you like that example better.

That’s why it meant NOTHING to me and I didn’t watch. It’s all a big show, but you guys seem to be fooled by it
LOL You didn't bother to watch it but those of us who did were fooled by it.

Good one.
:)

LOL You didn't bother to watch it but those of us who did were fooled by it.

Good one.
:)
Exactly 👍. It’s a snapshot. A show
that means nothing, because it’s made to say EXACTLY WHAT Biden supporters want to hear

I want to see everyday action, not 90 minutes of talk

So.., who’s wanting to bet that this guy doesn’t make it to January of 2029 due to dementia or death from old age?
If you are so sure he's gonna die just vote for him. Him kicking the bucket due to old age is way better than trump getting elected and implementing Project 2025 to stay in power.

Objectively, he did a decent job last night. I will have to read a fact check of his speech, but I am sure it's no more or less honest than other Presidents throughout the years. Whomever instructed him to go at a frenetic pace to minimize the jeering and shouting from the gallery deserves a raise.

The Republican rebuttal by Sen. Britt was 100% vomit inducing, however. Not so much as what she had to say, but the fukcing drama, Oscar-Award delivery, FFS.

If you are so sure he's gonna die just vote for him. Him kicking the bucket due to old age is way better than trump getting elected and implementing Project 2025 to stay in power.
Sad thing is that I would probably vote Democrat if Biden was replaced before the general election and now that’s not happening

Objectively, he did a decent job last night. I will have to read a fact check of his speech, but I am sure it's no more or less honest than other Presidents throughout the years. Whomever instructed him to go at a frenetic pace to minimize the jeering and shouting from the gallery deserves a raise.

The Republican rebuttal by Sen. Britt was 100% vomit inducing, however. Not so much as what she had to say, but the fukcing drama, Oscar-Award delivery, FFS.

The response speeches are tough to do, but yeah, she came across as an untrained actress auditioning for her first play or movie. Not sure who coached her, but they missed the mark by quite a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT