ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Rail running for Cure Bowl??

Saturday SunRail service has been announced pretty late each time - usually Wednesday or Thursday before that Saturday.

FCS is one of the sponsors of the privately funded Saturday service so I would be pretty surprised if they didn't run it. Especially now with UCF playing. Our Seminole and Volusia alums could use it.

SunRail has been running on Saturdays the past few weekends. I think the trial Saturday run is meant to run through the end of the year, so it will likely be running.

If you can't grill out and drink beer on the Sun Rail, it's a pretty worthless option for game day.

This being an evening game, it would have to run pretty late into the night to be even remotely useful. There would also need to be shuttle busses from the stadium to the church street or Lynx stations.

they need a railway from Camping World to Amway Center or the new soccer stadium.

they need a railway from Camping World to Amway Center or the new soccer stadium.

Soccer stadium is close enough to Church St/Am way Center so zero need for that.

Soccer team wanted that location so fans can use downtown parking garages...party in bars then walk to/from stadium.

If it runs, the schedule would be fine for a 530 kickoff based on the Saturday's they have run so far. First train has left Debary at 12, 1 or 2 and it runs for about 12 hours giving you a train home as late as 12 or 1 am out or Church Street Station.

Here's an article with the schedule from this past Saturday: http://bungalower.com/2016/11/29/sunrail-saturday-service-schedule-released-december-3/

Connecting to the stadium should be as easy as if you parked downtown. They've provided shuttle connections for years now for Bowl games and the Lions games. It's free LYNX buses supplemented with charter buses making loops. If you got off the train at Church Street you'd be a block from Amway and the police HQ where the shuttles leave from.

If I could make the game, I'd definitely be tailgating from 12:01 on. But if you can't make it that early or don't like tailgating, this would be a cool way to get there. Can even feel like your in St Pete and throw some back at Fergs which is connected to the train platform at Church St.​

Soccer stadium is close enough to Church St/Am way Center so zero need for that.

Soccer team wanted that location so fans can use downtown parking garages...party in bars then walk to/from stadium.

True. Its still a long walk with very few businesses. Either boost up that area with new bars and restaurants - the lighting on Church West has greatly improved - or build moving sidewalks like the ones they have at Universal CityWalk from Camping World to the soccer stadium and/or from the soccer stadium to Amway/Downtown.

If it runs, the schedule would be fine for a 530 kickoff based on the Saturday's they have run so far. First train has left Debary at 12, 1 or 2 and it runs for about 12 hours giving you a train home as late as 12 or 1 am out or Church Street Station.

Here's an article with the schedule from this past Saturday: http://bungalower.com/2016/11/29/sunrail-saturday-service-schedule-released-december-3/

Connecting to the stadium should be as easy as if you parked downtown. They've provided shuttle connections for years now for Bowl games and the Lions games. It's free LYNX buses supplemented with charter buses making loops. If you got off the train at Church Street you'd be a block from Amway and the police HQ where the shuttles leave from.

If I could make the game, I'd definitely be tailgating from 12:01 on. But if you can't make it that early or don't like tailgating, this would be a cool way to get there. Can even feel like your in St Pete and throw some back at Fergs which is connected to the train platform at Church St.​
From the bowl site
SHUTTLE SERVICE
Please be advised that the downtown shuttle that often runs during large events at the Camping World Stadium, will not be running during the Cure Bowl. Parking is available in lots within walking distance of the Camping World Stadium. You are encouraged to purchase parking in advance using the link above to assure smooth flow of traffic on game day.

Thanks for posting that. Could be a major fail. You'd still have LYMMOs east/west loop but that wouldn't be frequent enough for the crowd.

I work a lot with the firm that organized the Saturday service. I'll ask around tomorrow.

If no connection, Uber might be the best back and forth anyway - those shuttles get packed.

Those OTHER bowl games and even the MLS games are operated/stadium managed by Florida Citrus Sports (basically the City of Orlando), hence the free shuttle buses.

Cure Bowl is not run by Florida Citrus Sports...and do to low attendance last year, there were no shuttle buses needed.

Not sure if its in their budget to have shuttle buses for this game...but maybe the "City" could help out UCF fans this time around...even though most of us like to tailgate in the parking lots.

Can confirm train service for 12/17 - will be announced later today.

Still waiting to hear back on connections to the Citrus Bowl

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT