ADVERTISEMENT

The Coronavirus thread - 3/30 Trump accuses NY hospital workers of stealing PPE.

PS- if NYC needs more PPE, which they do, a good start would have been their Mayor actually ordering PPE in a timely manner and/or not telling people to keep visiting bars and gyms. Which he did.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/city-hall-didnt-order-covid-19-supplies-for-nyc-until-march-6/

Suddenly DeBlasio is not keen on assessing blame on hindsight anymore.

From his interview:

For weeks, NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio urged New Yorkers to "go about their lives." About his past comments, de Blasio now says "we should not be focusing, in my view, on anything looking back on any level of government right now"

szvlu5mjssp41.jpg

We've got the fuking My Pillow guy on national TV proselytizing during this WH Press Brief on COVID 19 while people are dying.

Fuking cult.

That’s true. But why even watch her. She’s the Hannity of the left.

Hannity admits he’s in the tank. He doesn’t even pretend to be anything other than a massive Trump fanboy. He’s still a dolt but he’s honest about that.

Maddow still wants believe to believe she’s this high IQ journalist who just seeks out the truth and stuff.

Hannity admits he’s in the tank. He doesn’t even pretend to be anything other than a massive Trump fanboy. He’s still a dolt but he’s honest about that.

Maddow still wants believe to believe she’s this high IQ journalist who just seeks out the truth and stuff.

Admitting he is in the tank doesnt make it any better. He still misleads and misinforms and has been doing it for decades. Maddow certainly has her issues, I think she would be a lot better if she left MSNBC, because she is super intelligent, but she works for a shitty outlet that like any cable news, is ratings based.

Admitting he is in the tank doesnt make it any better. He still misleads and misinforms and has been doing it for decades. Maddow certainly has her issues, I think she would be a lot better if she left MSNBC, because she is super intelligent, but she works for a shitty outlet that like any cable news, is ratings based.
Maddow is intelligent, no doubt. That being said, she will never amount to anything more than what she is because because MSNBC is the largest audience she will ever reach. She has pigeonholed herself into being a snarky left-wing talking head and there really isnt much of a market for that.

He didn't start there. It's a process.

Maddow is intelligent, no doubt. That being said, she will never amount to anything more than what she is because because MSNBC is the largest audience she will ever reach. She has pigeonholed herself into being a snarky left-wing talking head and there really isnt much of a market for that.

I am not talking about the audience size, just that she could personally be better with some other platform. MSNBC has ruined a lot of good commentators, and I think she is one of them. The thing that a lot of people dont want to acknowledge with MSNBC, is that isnt really a "lefty" news network. It is a corporate owned station like anything else. They fired Phil Donahue back in the day even though he had the highest ratings on the network, because he was an outspoken Iraq war critic. Coincidently, GE owned a large % of MSNBC at that time, and GE made a lot of things they sold to the military, so I am sure you can see where I am going. Cenk Uyger (who I am not a big fan of) had a show for a few months before he quit because he said they wanted too much control of his show and what he could say. I have a feeling a lot of that goes on with Maddow so her show ends up being a lot more sensationalist than substance at times. Left to her own devices I have a feeling she would be much better at what she does.

Last edited:
I am not talking about the audience size, just that she could personally be better with some other platform. MSNBC has ruined a lot of good commentators, and I think she is one of them. The thing that a lot of people dont want to acknowledge with MSNBC, is that isnt really a "lefty" news network. It is a corporate owned station like anything else. They fired Phil Donahue back in the day even though he had the highest ratings on the network, because he was an outspoken Iraq war critic. Coincidently, GE owned a large % of MSNBC at that time, and GE made a lot of things they sold to the military, so I am sure you can see where I am going. Cenk Uyger (who I am not a big fan of) had a show for a few months before he quit because he said they wanted too much control of his show and what he could say.
Maddow is probably the best talent they've ever had as a commentator. At this point I dont know where she could possibly fit in though. She's basically a more intelligent version of Alan Colmes but he was pragmatic enough to fit in on multiple platforms. I watch her show 2 or 3 times a week even though she pisses me off most of the time, but that's probably the sign of a good commentator.

Maddow is probably the best talent they've ever had as a commentator. At this point I dont know where she could possibly fit in though. She's basically a more intelligent version of Alan Colmes but he was pragmatic enough to fit in on multiple platforms. I watch her show 2 or 3 times a week even though she pisses me off most of the time, but that's probably the sign of a good commentator.

She can be really good, and she can be really bad, and often times she is just ok. Colmes fit in on Fox because he was the sidekick and new his role, but he was terrible on Fox IMO. I always heard he was much better on his radio show, but I dont think I ever heard his radio show. He used to piss me off so much on Hannity and Colmes by barely challening Sean or any of the Republican guests. But, that was his role. Even though it was called Hannity and Colmes, it was actually Sean's show and Colmes was fine being the weaker liberal sidekick.

She can be really good, and she can be really bad, and often times she is just ok. Colmes fit in on Fox because he was the sidekick and new his role, but he was terrible on Fox IMO. I always heard he was much better on his radio show, but I dont think I ever heard his radio show. He used to piss me off so much on Hannity and Colmes by barely challening Sean or any of the Republican guests. But, that was his role. Even though it was called Hannity and Colmes, it was actually Sean's show and Colmes was fine being the weaker liberal sidekick.
He was EXTREMELY left wing on his radio show. That's why I was saying he was pragmatic enough to be able to fit in on multiple platforms. He knew his place on hannity and pushed back, but not enough to really piss off the viewers.

ADVERTISEMENT