ADVERTISEMENT

The Coronavirus thread - 3/30 Trump accuses NY hospital workers of stealing PPE.

To be honest, the idea that only 80k people in China came down with this is totally bogus. It first exploded in Wuhan, a city of almost 12 million people. It's bigger than Chicago. Have you seen pictures of Wuhan? It's nothing but tall buildings...people literally on top of each other. When people talk about the "mortality rate" being around a high 2-3% rate, how many of the residents of Wuhan never actually sought out medical treatment for Corona? How many just stayed home? Those people were never counted in the "cases" statistic. The numbers of cases should be 5-10 times higher just based on the size of the city. That would put the mortality rate down way below 0.5%.
There is good reason to believe it is more like .9%.
On a cruise ship the mortality was 7/712 (0.98%) for passengers who tested positive and all passengers were tested.

In South Korea where everyone potentially exposed is tested they are at 91/8565 (1.06%) which is probably a tad higher than the actual rate taking into account that they probably missed some people in testing.

To be honest, the idea that only 80k people in China came down with this is totally bogus. It first exploded in Wuhan, a city of almost 12 million people. It's bigger than Chicago. Have you seen pictures of Wuhan? It's nothing but tall buildings...people literally on top of each other. When people talk about the "mortality rate" being around a high 2-3% rate, how many of the residents of Wuhan never actually sought out medical treatment for Corona? How many just stayed home? Those people were never counted in the "cases" statistic. The numbers of cases should be 5-10 times higher just based on the size of the city. That would put the mortality rate down way below 0.5%.
We just don't know. I know we have more cases in America than the reported numbers I have a colleague who's boyfriend is now sick. Doctors think he has it. She's self quarantining. No tests. So they won't show in our numbers. People they were exposed to can't get tests because they aren't confirmed cases etc etc.

We just don't know. I know we have more cases in America than the reported numbers I have a colleague who's boyfriend is now sick. Doctors think he has it. She's self quarantining. No tests. So they won't show in our numbers. People they were exposed to can't get tests because they aren't confirmed cases etc etc.

If he is young...he will get a slight man cold and be fine.

80% catch it from someone who doesn't know they are sick. It's not about him. Republicans always act so selfish. Even if you're healthy you can kill someone who's not.

Didn't say he needs to go outside with his sniffles. Quarantine and life continues. Ironically you talk about killing old people and stripping their right to vote. This isn't that bad. Older people should quarantine though.

Your dementia man wanted to keep the boarders open with China...lol

All of a sudden you're trusting China with numbers. High level TDS.
Any real response to the info in my post? On feb 28th, the orange idiot called it a democratic hoax. Now he's saving the world. You can't make this stuff up!!![laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing]

We had 17k new cases yesterday and already have over 16k reported today. We'll likely be at 20k new cases each day from here on out.

We had 17k new cases yesterday and already have over 16k reported today. We'll likely be at 20k new cases each day from here on out.

Holy Crap. Fortunately it'll soon run it's course and we'll be back to normal and filling the pews come Easter Sunday.*

Biden would have this fixed. A tea party with China is all that is needed with increased travel to China. They only get 30 cases per day ;)

OMG!

It’s almost as if the USA does not have the same population as Italy.

Holy headline Batman.

“Preliminary investigations by Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human to human transmission”

this now equates to “WHO said it wasn’t contagious”.

You guys will cling to anything.

Posted by the WHO which spreads information that impacts how other countries react initially. This isn't some random Twitter handle. China needs to be held responsible if they spread false information purposely.

China needs to be held responsible if they spread false information purposely.
Absolutely.

But apparently accountability in your world view depends on the country. If this had been Putin's Russia, your response would no doubt have been, "Spreading false information? What's the big deal? Every country does it."

Why is the US #1?

We aren't the biggest country in the world.

We aren't the origination point for it?

Who could have possibly predicted that a reality TV show host who bragged about sexually assaulting women would be horrible at managing this pandemic?

Why is the US #1?

Who could have possibly predicted that a reality TV show host who bragged about sexually assaulting women would be horrible at managing this pandemic?
The cockroaches in NYC usually don’t come out until 3 A.M. EST. You must be a German cockroach

Why is the US #1?

TDS post. China had no new cases today....riiight

We can’t stop the spread, because America is too big and there’s too much movement around the country. American’s don’t want to give up their freedoms.

The economy HASN’T been “open” by Easter and it’s still going down the tube.

Trumps fault? It would be the same with any other president. All this Democratic Hoax, ratings, etc., B.S is just talk

The spread is a multifactorial problem from lack of testing to lack of containment to state governments being weak. What’s a president supposed to do differently? Any American lockdown has been incomplete and it’s prolonging this, so the economy just keeps tanking. It seems never ending.

I said from the beginning regarding a lockdown

1) Will it be enforced? No
2) Will it work? Probably, but it’s not being enforced?
3) How long will it need to be? Without #1, indefinitely. Unknown

Last edited:
You dont think it seems odd that they're going through 30 times as many masks?
No.

Most patients didn't require PPE before. I've never been around someone hospitalised where they needed masks to come in the room.

Now basicslly every patient requires masks and they are having more hospital staff wear masks as a precaution.

If 1/20 needed it before and now 20/30 Need it with increased hospital capacity then the math works out fine.

Nurses and doctors aren't responsible for acquisition and inventory and he never invoked them. Your tweet suggests that he did but once again it's a lie.

Nah dude. Nurses buy everything, clean the hospitals, arrange for deliveries, handle the shipping and freight, work on the electric systems, and single handedly run entire hospitals. In between their duties as a nurse.

No.

Most patients didn't require PPE before. I've never been around someone hospitalised where they needed masks to come in the room.

Now basicslly every patient requires masks and they are having more hospital staff wear masks as a precaution.

If 1/20 needed it before and now 20/30 Need it with increased hospital capacity then the math works out fine.

Again you are talking about things you are clueless about. My sister works once a week in a Pinellas hospital; EVERY patient in the past in a hospital with an infectious respiratory virus got a mask in the past. Even before COVID, nurses didn't want to be taking influenza or something else back with them to their family.

Nurses and doctors aren't responsible for acquisition and inventory and he never invoked them. Your tweet suggests that he did but once again it's a lie.
You are correct that Trump didn't imply that nurses or doctors were responsible for any misappropriations.

But fried-c is also correct that the suggestion of some hospital hanky-panky was implied by the POTUS's "going out the back door" comment.

You are correct that Trump didn't imply that nurses or doctors were responsible for any misappropriations.

But fried-c is also correct that the suggestion of some hospital hanky-panky was implied by the POTUS's "going out the back door" comment.

Of course it was implied. I could certainly see how a low level employee that deals with inventory could see an opportunity to make some money on the side by taking masks home and selling them. That isnt unprecedented.

Again you are talking about things you are clueless about. My sister works once a week in a Pinellas hospital; EVERY patient in the past in a hospital with an infectious respiratory virus got a mask in the past. Even before COVID, nurses didn't want to be taking influenza or something else back with them to their family.
Yeah and they didn't have many patients with infectious respiratory viruses. Now they do. At LEAST 20x as many in NY.

My tweet? I just posted a tweet with a clip of his quote. Look at the title of this thread for my comment on his quote.

For those here who believe I could never recognize anything good that Trump does, check this post out:

I applaud Trump for listening to virus experts like Dr. Fauci instead of his economic advisors when he announced yesterday that he is extending the covid-19 guidelines to April 30th instead of sticking to his "we'll all be packing the churches on Easter Sunday" comments.

You dont think it seems odd that they're going through 30 times as many masks?

[roll][roll][roll]

Bro you are straight up inbred.

You honestly don't realize that every single person in the healthcare industry is going through multiple masks with this happening?

Honestly man you are really, really stupid

Every day it's a new low.

Yesterday trump bragged about his TV ratings. Red hat cult lapped it up

Today trump accuses medical workers of stealing masks and PPE, when he is the one who failed them. Red hat cult tries to spin it, fail terribly.

What will tommorow bring?

Every day it's a new low.

Yesterday trump bragged about his TV ratings. Red hat cult lapped it up

Today trump accuses medical workers of stealing masks and PPE, when he is the one who failed them. Red hat cult tries to spin it, fail terribly.

What will tommorow bring?

SHUT UP!!! TDS!!! TDSSSSSSS y MAS TDSSSSSSS!!!!

Reactions: NinjaKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT