ADVERTISEMENT

The Current State of Florida Programs

Hey Lobo when Miami has 4 losses in their upcoming cakewalk schedule and the fans go ballistic.. who will they target as the next head coach ?
UCF fan talking about a “cakewalk schedule” lol. Boys went 8-14 against P5 during their time in the AAC.

Let him go. This is Miami’s time to shine…off-season.
UCF went 1-3 to finish the year with the only win against 1-10 USF. Maybe you should be concerned about Malhazan and this disaster of an off-season for UCF?

Last edited:
UCF went 1-3 to finish the year with the only win against 1-10 USF. Maybe you should be concerned about Malhazan and this disaster of an off-season for UCF?
Acting like Slow Mario didn't finish the year 1-3 with BLOWOUT losses of 42 pts, 30 pts and 26 pts.

That's without the early season route by Middle Tennessee St!

Mario lost all his core staff because those hires were either atrocious or they left the sh*tshow that is the current day fraudU.

Go win another offseason loser. Maybe do it on your own board too.

Mario lost all his core staff because those hires were either atrocious or they left the sh*tshow that is the current day fraudU.

First, I cannot stand Kevin Steele. He undermined Gus Malzahn and contributed to Gus getting fired at Auburn.

But It is definitely the latter. I am certain Steele and 2021 Frank Broyles award winner would rather be UNEMPLOYED than to be a part of that sh*tshow the u rolled out each week.

You have to think like a coach. Fans get to watch the game, b*tch, and it is over with. But for Steele and Gattis--they had to watch the gamefilm over and over after the GAs broke it down. Then, Steele and Gattis had to be around those sorry azz miami players all week during practice. It had to be more brutal than anyone can imagine.

I am. But what does that have to do with Miami?
You believe teams magically become better? You obviously don’t think much of the off-season as the time for talent acquisition for both players and coaches as the way to improve?

Typical fake colley naty claiming UCF fan. You boys about to claim a fake Heisman for Lil General Plumlee? I can’t even make it up…lol.

You believe teams magically become better? You obviously don’t think much of the off-season as the time for talent acquisition for both players and coaches as the way to improve?

Typical fake colley naty claiming UCF fan. You boys about to claim a fake Heisman for Lil General Plumlee? I can’t even make it up…lol.
You are making it up. When did I say I wasn’t concerned with UCF? I stated that the off-season is traditionally when Miami fans puff their chest about top recruiting classes. So naturally you would be here right now. We will see where you are come December. I can take a guess.

You are making it up. When did I say I wasn’t concerned with UCF? I stated that the off-season is traditionally when Miami fans puff their chest about top recruiting classes. So naturally you would be here right now. We will see where you are come December. I can take a guess.
I already explained to you the facts of college football. You can come here and post gibberish but it doesn’t change facts.

I already explained to you the facts of college football. You can come here and post gibberish but it doesn’t change facts.
Sorry for that U education. What I posted is clearly not “gibberish”. Have you considered maybe you just can’t reed reel gud?

part of what he is saying is true. We don't have a stellar record against the P5. But we have never been on that level. We are now. We have always seemed to rise to the level we are playing on fairly quickly. I don't expect a national championship any time soon, but IMO, we will be able to compete at the top half of the conference in a short period of time. I think the transfer portal will help with that. Still not sure how NIL is going to play out for us.

Reactions: LoboCane
Let me explain something and I hope that one person (at least) understands. To win a national football championship a program has to consistently recruit top ten. It has to. Top recruiting does NOT guarantee a national championship or even a winning season, but a football program needs to recruit top ten (year after year) to win a championship. There’s no way around this.

The off-season is the time where a football program can improve. It can do so by upgrading the talent level on the team, on the staff or both. Transfer portal, high school recruit, hiring the best coaches (possible for a given program), the best analysts, the best support staff and now NIL…all play into building a top program.

The reality is that lifelong G5 fans have a very limited knowledge at to what it takes to win a national championship or to compete at a very high level. It’s not an insult or a diss but simple facts.

Fans from Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State are as focused, if not more than Miami fans, to recruiting and portal talent acquisition…it’s the name of the game. It’s how to build a program.

Keep this in mind…at least =>50% blue-chip ratio. Also, the high school ranking is valid for the year the player initially signs. Getting a transfer and referencing a high school ranking from years ago is silly at best. Don’t do it, informed fans will laugh at you.

Last edited:
Congrats. This is a good time to celebrate. Come December, UCF will be the better team on the field. Just like they have been each of the last 6 years.
13 transfers for Malhazan and zero ranked above a 3*. Another squad of portal players that won’t be getting drafted.

It looks like Freeze accomplished in a few months what Malhazan failed to do in a decade.

It looks like Freeze accomplished in a few months what Malhazan failed to do in a decade.
Dumb move with Casey Thompson was available. Auburn cannot seem to get out of its own way.

Thompson now appears to be headed for FAU and a reunion with Tom Herman.

A word about USF. I know y'all hate all things cow, but USF landed a kid in the portal who *I think* can develop into a big-time college receiver. I was hoping UCF would pursue, but never did. Grant Heard has been the most underwhelming coach at UCF under Gus.

While I do like Alexis, I like Tyler Harrell even better. I haven't seen any traction between Harrell and UCF though.

Last edited:
Dumb move with Casey Thompson was available. Auburn cannot seem to get out of its own way.

Thompson now appears to be headed for FAU and a reunion with Tom Herman.

A word about USF. I know y'all hate all things cow, but USF landed a kid in the portal who *I think* can develop into a big-time college receiver. I was hoping UCF would pursue, but never did. Grant Heard has been the most underwhelming coach at UCF under Gus.

So FAU about to land a much better QB than UCF and Gus Malhazan? Lol…say it ain’t so.

So FAU about to land a much better QB than UCF and Gus Malhazan? Lol…say it ain’t so.
If you want to get real, FAU is about to field the BEST--or at worst, the second best--quarterback in Florida.

You can argue that Jordan Travis is better, but I personally would take Thompson over Travis. I dgas what PFF says. I watch the games, too.

No one else besides Travis is on Thompson's level.

Last edited:
Ha @LoboCane. For 20 years all we have heard is the U is back, truly the flat earthers of college football. Also, UCF's best win last year was against #9 cotton bowl champ Tulane while Miami's best win was against 7-6 Southern Miss. Actually the other 4 Miami wins were all against teams with losing records. And yeah record 8 million for that performance.

Ha @LoboCane. For 20 years all we have heard is the U is back, truly the flat earthers of college football. Also, UCF's best win last year was against #9 cotton bowl champ Tulane while Miami's best win was against 7-6 Southern Miss. Actually the other 4 Miami wins were all against teams with losing records. And yeah record 8 million for that performance.
Zero Miami fans say the u is back. None. Try to come up with your own material? Good to see that you are happy with the one win over tUlAnE…maybe UCF can claim their final ranking?

Last edited:
This is a LIE. Do better next time? When was the last time UCF finished the year ranked? I’ll wait.
The only year that’s kind of debatable is the Covid year but UCF had a tougher schedule and higher FPI.

The only year that’s kind of debatable is the Covid year but UCF had a tougher schedule and higher FPI.
The ONLY objective metric you can use is top 25 ranking at the end of the season. When was the last time UCF finished the season ranked?

The ONLY objective metric you can use is top 25 ranking at the end of the season. When was the last time UCF finished the season ranked?
A ranking of sports writers is the opposite of objective actually. It’s fully subjective.

Like I said, I’ll concede the Covid year where UCF had a few games cancelled was close. UCF finished ranked higher than Miami in 2017, 2018, and 2019. 2021 UCF 9-4 > UF > FSU > Miami. 2022 clearly UCF was better. But at least you have recruited some skill players with a bunch of stars.

Last edited:
Reactions: U C to the F
A ranking of sports writers is the opposite of objective actually. It’s fully subjective.

Like I said, I’ll concede the Covid year where UCF had a few games cancelled was close. UCF finished ranked higher than Miami in 2017, 2018, and 2019. 2021 UCF 9-4 > UF > FSU > Miami. 2022 clearly UCF was better.
Teams are ranked 1-25…that’s it. All other arguments are NERDsense. Like you flexing on beating UF in 2021 when their entire staff had been fired and a couple of (already fired) coaches stayed behind for the bowl game. Miami beat two ranked P5 teams in 2021…UCF? None.

UCF played in a G5 league and the entire time there and had a losing record against P5 (8-14). UCF went 1-2 last year against three mid ACC teams. So AGAIN…when was the last time UCF finished ranked?

Teams are ranked 1-25…that’s it. All other arguments are NERDsense. Like you flexing on beating UF in 2021 when their entire staff had been fired and a couple of (already fired) coaches stayed behind for the bowl game. Miami beat two ranked teams in 2021…UCF? None.

UCF played in a G5 league and the entire time there had a losing record against P5 (8-14). UCF went 1-2 last year again three mid ACC teams. So AGAIN…when was the last time UCF finished ranked?
Not my fault your T-shirt U education didn’t teach you what an objective vs subjective measurement is. You are funny. The Big 4 in Florida played each other in 2021 and Miami came out at the bottom. Sorry. UF beat FSU last game of the year. And of course FSU bent you over. It didn’t have to be this way. But hey, you can always look back fondly at the Covid year.

Not my fault your T-shirt U education didn’t teach you what an objective vs subjective measurement is. You are funny. The Big 4 in Florida played each other in 2021 and Miami came out at the bottom. Sorry. UF beat FSU last game of the year. And of course FSU bent you over. It didn’t have to be this way. But hey, you can always look back fondly at the Covid year.
There’s no Big 4 just like three never was a P6. You come here stating your opinion as it were fact but it’s your opinion and yours alone.

You, and other similar minded fans, come here to hold hands and reach some consensus about your program…then go around and try to establish an OPINION as it were a FACT.

The best you can do is to make more assumptions (about me) to try to create an illusion of credibility on your part. Yeah…good luck with that.

There’s no Big 4 just like three never was a P6. You come here stating your opinion as it were fact but it’s your opinion and yours alone.

You, and other similar minded fans, come here to hold hands and reach some consensus about your program…then go around and try to establish an OPINION as it were a FACT.

The best you can do it to make more assumptions (about me) to try to establish your opinion as more credible than mine. Yeah…good luck with that.
Roflcopter. You sitting here acting like 7-5 in the ACC is better because “P5”. Nevermind that ACC Coastal was literally the weakest P5 division in 2021. The difference between ACC Coastal and AAC was actually similar to the difference between the ACC Coastal and any other P5 division. But you are beating your chest about a 7 win season where you finished at the bottom of Florida and acting like you were playing in the SEC west. Truly delusional but good comic relief for the forum.

34-CFC4-F6-F9-A9-4535-A639-E834847-AD5-CA.jpg

Roflcopter. You sitting here acting like 7-5 in the ACC is better because “P5”. Nevermind that ACC Coastal was literally the weakest P5 division in 2021. The difference between ACC Coastal and AAC was actually similar to the difference between the ACC Coastal and any other P5 division. But you are beating your chest about a 7 win season where you finished at the bottom of Florida and acting like you were playing in the SEC west. Truly delusional but good comic relief for the forum.

34-CFC4-F6-F9-A9-4535-A639-E834847-AD5-CA.jpg
UCF went 8-14 against the P5 while in the AAC. UCF went 1-2 vs the ACC last year (three mid teams) and got curbed by Duke in a meaningless bowl game. Simple facts.

Mario building the team from the ground up. What’s the plan at UCF? What’s Malhazan doing?

UCF went 8-14 against the P5 while in the AAC. UCF went 1-2 vs the ACC last year (three mid teams) and got curbed by Duke in a meaningless bowl game. Simple facts.
Didn’t Miami get “curbed by Duke” as well? In a “meaningful” ACC game. Lol. And also had 5 wins and no bowl whatsoever. Literally your best win was over a team UCF also beat. UCFs best was over a top 10 cotton bowl champ.

Reactions: Knight_Light
I’ll update during the weekend with any commitments for Miami and AL1 can do the same for Gus Malhazan (UCF).

You might want to run the numbers again. UCF is 7-5 against the P5 over the past 6 years. The timeframe we were discussing.

Wins over

Maryland
Auburn
Pitt
Stanford
Georgia Tech
Florida
Georgia Tech

In 2013 I recall UCF was a BCS team in the AAC and beat Penn State, Louisville, Rutgers, and Baylor.

So not sure how you got 8 wins. If you include the season UCF was technically in a BCS conference it would be 11 and if you don’t it’s 7.

By the way, since UCF joined the AAC, Miami is 4-13 in non conference P5 games and 0-2 against the American.

Last edited:
You might want to run the numbers again. UCF is 7-5 against the P5 over the past 6 years. The timeframe we were discussing.

Wins over

Maryland
Auburn
Pitt
Stanford
Georgia Tech
Florida
Georgia Tech

In 2013 I recall UCF was a BCS team in the AAC and beat Penn State, Louisville, Rutgers, and Baylor.

So not sure how you got 8 wins. If you include the season UCF was technically in a BCS conference it would be 11 and if you don’t it’s 7.

By the way, since UCF joined the AAC, Miami is 4-13 in non conference P5 games and 0-2 against the American.
Mic drop 🎤

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT