ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL FIRE GUS THREAD

USF strategy, give extention when the coach hasn't delivered and no other program has any interest in poaching.
Ummm, lowest paid coach in the Big XII. What did you expect? Seriously, last year we were in the AAC title game.

This is why all of you look like fools.

So Malzahn threatened UCF to walk because he was poor with his $20 million buyout money from Auburn?

UCF had to give him money?
You're an idiot if you think every potential coach wouldn't have seen how we treat a head coach after we're in a conference title game.

This is literally why boosters know what they're doing, and you don't. It's not just Gus you're stupidity would impact, but all future candidates.

USF has this problem. We don't.

I'd just like to congratulate Gus in advance on leading UCF to it's first losing season in 8 years.
Stop by TCU and Utah first seasons in the P5s as well. Remember to account for 9x P5 games.

You're an idiot if you think every potential coach wouldn't have seen how we treat a head coach after we're in a conference title game.

This is literally why boosters know what they're doing, and you don't. It's not just Gus you're stupidity would impact, but all future candidates.

Nice bit of revisionist history there. Yes, we were in the conference championship game last year. But we backed our way into it and got lucky. Please tell me one other team that would want to keep their coach when they go winless in conference play and has the first losing season in 8 years.

Nice bit of revisionist history there. Yes, we were in the conference championship game last year. But we backed our way into it and got lucky. Please tell me one other team that would want to keep their coach when they go winless in conference play and has the first losing season in 8 years.
Again, you guys really don't know your history.

And yes, all you can expect of a coach is to make it to the championship. Everything else is gravy.

You guys are the type of fans that destroyed Nebraska and others. You hate 9 win seasons, and expect coaches to compete well above their level every year, without exception.

Go away. The adults are speaking, even if we're a minority. If this was 2025, I'd agree with you. But not in 2023.

There's a reason why Gus' compensation is staged.

Again, you guys really don't know your history.

And yes, all you can expect of a coach for is to make it to the championship. Everything else is gravy.

You guys are the type of fans that destroyed Nebraska and others.

Go away. The adults are speaking, even if we're a minority.
So you're an adult and you don't realize that we completely backed our way into the conference championship game last year. Tell me am I wrong there ?

Maybe you should go back to the kiddy table. Keeping gus will set this program back years, Much like it did to Auburn.

Well you're an idiot if you don't think there'd be dozens + successful up and coming HCs that would jump to come to UCF if they fired him. PS I don't think he should be fired, but there's no way after a humiliating Baylor loss you actually give him more money. How about retain him if he can actually prove he can win in this conference? You really think there'd be 0 candidates if he actually walked because we didn't give him more money? After a mediocre year? You've got to be kidding.

Fire AD Mediocre. To extend him without ever proving himself in the new conference---- a sign of the love of mediocrity. We lost a lot when we lost the last AD.
Paying Gus $2M in the Big XII would have sent a message... a completely wrong one.

Gus was already underpaid for the AAC. Man, you guys really are really oblivious!

Reactions: knight_tracker
So you're an adult and you don't realize that we completely backed our way into the conference championship game last year. Tell me am I wrong there ?
Hey, Einstein, tell me what the median salary was for the top coaches in the AAC last year? Seriously.

Maybe you should go back to the kiddy table. Keeping gus will set this program back years, Much like it did to Auburn.
I'm not the drunk child here.

Well you're an idiot if you don't think there'd be dozens + successful up and coming HCs that would jump to come to UCF if they fired him. PS I don't think he should be fired, but there's no way after a humiliating Baylor loss you actually give him more money. How about retain him if he can actually prove he can win in this conference? You really think there'd be 0 candidates if he actually walked because we didn't give him more money? After a mediocre year? You've got to be kidding.
i don't disagree with your post for the most part, but he didn't get a new deal after the baylor loss, they announced the previously signed deal (from the summer) after the baylor loss.

• Love
Reactions: UCFBS
Paying Gus $2M in the Big XII would have sent a message... a completely wrong one.

Gus was already underpaid for the AAC. Man, you guys really are really oblivious!
And payin Gus an insane buy out with his track record was a good business decision. Man i'm glad you're not running my company. but thanks for the thoughts Terry.

Hey, Einstein, tell me what the median salary was for the top coaches in the AAC last year? Seriously.

I'm not the drunk child here.
Hey sh*t for brains tell me you understand Part of the reason his salary was so low was because of his buyout with Auburn. I know it's hard for the grasp so I'll try to talk slow.

Malzahn and Dawkins collecting those paychecks while sitting in the basement.

And payin Gus an insane buy out with his track record was a good business decision. Man i'm glad you're not running my company. but thanks for the thoughts Terry.
You're an oblivious fool. Example?

In 2016... Milton almost quit the team and was willing to sit a year out to get away from UCF.

And people like yourself were calling for Frost's head for playing him, especially in the bowl where the Sunbelt team dominated us.

Seriously, given the state we were in when Gus came in, after missing the entire recruiting season no less... I'm amazed he won 9 games.

He has until 2025 to change things. Heupel was the worst thing to happen to this program. We're lucky we got the transfers we did thanks to Gus.

Now we're starting from scratch in the Big XII. Need until 2025.

i don't disagree with your post for the most part, but he didn't get a new deal after the baylor loss, they announced the previously signed deal (from the summer) after the baylor loss.
They are utterly oblivious, and exposing themselves.

Last edited:
dude drank way too much this game defending gus
I've never drank alcohol in my life.

That's why I don't put my entire logic in the hands to 20 year-olds, or blamed one of the lower paid coaches in the AAC, and definitely the lowest paid by revenue.

4 turnovers fellas. That was the difference. Chill.

The refs refusing to call anything on WVU didn't help. They held and interfered all game, because they weren't called on it.

well you can't fire dawkins after allowing gus to do this shit. dawkins is trying to cobble together a team with weak transfers to compete in the best basketball conference. gus is shitting the bed in a weak P5 football conference.

Just pointing out that "Fire Gus" threads hurt recruiting. No one on this board has the power to do anything. Plus, Gus is nowhere near the hot seat, according to any reputable source.

In 2016... Milton almost quit the team and was willing to sit a year out to get away from UCF.

And people like yourself were calling for Frost's head for playing him, especially in the bowl where the Sunbelt team dominated us.

Seriously, given the state we were in when Gus game in, after missing the entire recruiting season no less... I'm amazed he won 9 games.

He has until 2025 to change things. Heupel was the worst thing to happen to this program. We're lucky we got the transfers we did thanks to Gus.

Gus is starting almost all of Heupel recruits and the recruits that left are stars on their new teams that have winning records.

Seriously, given the state we were in when Gus game in, after missing the entire recruiting season no less... I'm amazed he won 9 games.

I do agree wholeheartedly on Heupel..

Gus is starting almost all of Heupel recruits and the recruits that left are stars on their new teams that have winning records.
You really only look at the players you want to.

Just like you only look at the plays you want to.

Cannot help you.

No way, especially when we just lost five in a row with historic losses and meltdowns.. Are you willing to give him all of next season if he goes winless in conference and starts 0-3 in conference next year ?
We've been competitive in all but 1 game.

Sleep it off. Seriously.

Even in 2013, we could have had 5 losses. We got lucky.

We're just not pulling out the W. 4 TOS. D depth sucks too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT