ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL FIRE GUS THREAD

I am just trying to follow the logic. Is it because we are losing a lot of games vs legacy Big 12 teams? Of course, the coaching staff needs to figure things out and improve, but the fire Gus train is a bit hyperbolic, imo.

I am just trying to follow the logic. Is it because we are losing a lot of games vs legacy Big 12 teams? Of course, the coaching staff needs to figure things out and improve, but the fire Gus train is a bit hyperbolic, imo.
I fell pretty sure that the fear is that we are losing a lot of games and that the staff is incapable of figuring things out and improving. There doesn't seem to be any indication of them doing that so far.

I fell pretty sure that the fear is that we are losing a lot of games and that the staff is incapable of figuring things out and improving. There doesn't seem to be any indication of them doing that so far.
I missed the game yesterday, but the OU game was a step in the right direction, imo. Though, I agree the up-and-down nature of the team could be better.

Heupel was handed a team that had just won an NC and was returning its Heisman-level QB.

Then he was handed, by the first qb, another qb that now has Heisman talk.

The Heupel losses were bad.
“Won a NC”. LMFAO!!!!

I don't get how everyone forgets we beat a ranked Tulane team, and barely lost the second one due to injury of Plumlee. We also beat Florida in a bowl game.
A Florida team that had fired all the coaches. The RB coach stayed behind to coach the bowl game. An SEC team playing in the Gasparilla. You believe that’s a legit win?

A Florida team that had fired all the coaches. The RB coach stayed behind to coach the bowl game. You believe that’s a legit win? An SEC team playing in the Gasparilla. You believe that’s a legit win?
Oh, was there not a W in our column? We should notify our players that they didn't "really" win that game.

That's always the excuse when "traditional" powers lose games, but never the other way around.

• Haha
Reactions: CBlackwellRN
Oh, was there not a W in our column?

That's always the excuse when "traditional" powers lose games, but never the other way around.
LOL. What part of the entire UF coaching staff had been fired do you not understand? The RB coach agreed to stay to coach the bowl.

Ah I see UCFBS is here let’s go over a few things he’s argued about and done before anyone takes what he’s says seriously:

1. Read the threads yourself, and you see... plus, he is pissing on dead Knights, and dozens have asked him to stop

2. Made up by him, he's using a burner

3. Made up by him, he's using a burner

4. Made up by him, he's using a burner

5. Made up by him, he's using a burner

Yeah. I went on my burner here just to say that ucfbs is an idiot and should be mocked on all occasions
You know #2, #3, #4 and #5 are completely made up my you and your friends, correct?

As far as #1, you just keep proving how much you piss on the graves of others, just like you have no problem pushing things off-board. And people can read the thread and see how wrong you, and many, we're after 2-3 years.

Everytime you get banned, you pull this with your burner. Says a lot about you.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Also I'll say it here too, I'm getting sick of the Oklahoma game revisionist commentary. Oklahoma tried to gift wrap the game for us on a silver platter and we sent it back. Any team with half a pulse and Oklahoma gift wrapping that game wins.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
Should rename this fire thread cause the DC is really the person that should be fired.
He definitely needs to go. As for Gus, I've said all I have to say, but the fact of the matter is, we don't hire and fire and Gus isn't going anywhere unless he decides to quit. What do you think the chances of that are? Right.

A Florida team that had fired all the coaches. The RB coach stayed behind to coach the bowl game. An SEC team playing in the Gasparilla. You believe that’s a legit win?
You believe Gus's bowl losses, which mean nothing, are legit losses.

You cannot have it both ways. Either bowl games don't matter (they really don't) or they do matter (they really don't). You have to figure that out for yourself.

(They really don't matter.)

You cannot have it both ways. Either bowl games don't matter (they really don't) or they do matter (they really don't). You have to figure that out for yourself.

Yup. There's a lot of speaking out of both sides of the mouth in regards to Gus.

The UF win was important because we have never beaten one of the traditional powers in FL. Recruits aren't going to think about (or care) that UF had a backup coach.

• Love
Reactions: UCFBS
BYU is 5-3 with 3 P5 wins. Cincy coach and QB are in their first year there. And yes, Houston’s coach should certainly be fired.
Cincy’s QB is Emory Jones, a RS Sr. It’s not good for them that they had to roll with him over anybody currently on their roster.

We could end up in the same boat next season as well. You just can’t predict much with our roster at the QB position right now.

They matter because of all the extra practices you get. They “really” only matter if they are NY6 or CFI games.

Cincy’s QB is Emory Jones, a RS Sr. It’s not good for them that they had to roll with him over anybody currently on their roster.

We could end up in the same boat next season as well. You just can’t predict much with our roster at the QB position right now.

They matter because of all the extra practices you get. They “really” only matter if they are NY6 or CFI games.
The question posed was of course if the coaches of the other teams (who each have a P5 win by the way) moving to the Big 12 should be fired. The answer was the 5-3 coach with 3 P5 wins and losses at Texas, at TCU, and at Kansas is a no. The coach in his first year with the team is a no. And the Houston coach is a yes.

Gus was a double digit home favorite vs Baylor and lost.

7 point home favorite vs West Virginia and lost.

Does he have the most losses as a favorite in UCF Program history? His record ATS at UCF has to be bad

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
AT THIS POINT (and 2023 is almost over) we don't have a QB, we don't have the P5 level athletes (mostly on defense), the play calling is so so. AND....we don't have the Athletes or the bench depth, to finish games.

We were in the champ. game until the last 5 mins. The score doesn't tell the whole story.

That Tulane team went on to beat a very good USC.
Lol ur crazy. The championship game should have been played at the Bounce House. Losing at home to a very bad Navy team cost the program millions in lost revenue. That is totally on Gus not having the team ready, which seems to be a reoccurring thing. (He admitted in ECU post game conference that coaches didn’t have the team ready). . Then there’s the 2nd quarter meltdown against USF. Came down to a last minute drive to beat them. Finally, I don’t see how you can say the championship game was close. 45-28, despite 3 turnovers by Tulane. Tulane had 400 yards rushing, 140 yards more than UCF with 17 less attempts lol. The list goes on and on and the blame falls on Gus, but mostly on Tick Tock Terry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT