ADVERTISEMENT

This is the worst freaking bowl season thus far!

That’s what happens when you have so many bowls with players being ineligible and suspended, bailing out so they don’t get hurt before the NFL draft, and a lot of automatic tie-ins that create garbage matchups.

I mean the Boise vs BC Cotton Bowl only had like 10-15k fans show. Can’t be a ton of fun for the kids playing in front of so few people. They really should get rid of 10-15 of the bowls and open them back up to just let them try and pick the best matchups they can get instead of all these tie-ins for the majority of bowls. Sure, have tie-ins for some but the tie-ins cause a lot of matchups nobody cares about, or end up far from thier fan bases.

If the Govt starts putting out free hot dog carts everybody gets excited for some free food, but then all the restaurants start to close and all you’re left with are hot dog carts. It’s all the same everyday and you start to not care about food anymore because there is nothing to get excited about. That’s kind of how I feel about most bowls now. They need to raise the bar to 7-8 wins. Just let all the other teams that don’t make a bowl be able to practice as well. It’s not rocket science.

Bottom line at the end of the day, all canceled bowls will come from G5 conf. They will still have 7-5 P5 games.

That’s what happens when you have so many bowls with players being ineligible and suspended, bailing out so they don’t get hurt before the NFL draft, and a lot of automatic tie-ins that create garbage matchups.

I mean the Boise vs BC Cotton Bowl only had like 10-15k fans show. Can’t be a ton of fun for the kids playing in front of so few people. They really should get rid of 10-15 of the bowls and open them back up to just let them try and pick the best matchups they can get instead of all these tie-ins for the majority of bowls. Sure, have tie-ins for some but the tie-ins cause a lot of matchups nobody cares about, or end up far from thier fan bases.

If the Govt starts putting out free hot dog carts everybody gets excited for some free food, but then all the restaurants start to close and all you’re left with are hot dog carts. It’s all the same everyday and you start to not care about food anymore because there is nothing to get excited about. That’s kind of how I feel about most bowls now. They need to raise the bar to 7-8 wins. Just let all the other teams that don’t make a bowl be able to practice as well. It’s not rocket science.
That was beautiful

I fully agree, the bowls have lost their luster. Temple losing its coach, and their top running back did not help. Good thing Tulane is carrying the AAC.:sunglasses:
Is it just a coincidence, but the team with the least player and coaching losses was the only AAC team with a win

Reactions: knight_tracker

Agree. If a team doesn't make a bowl, there should an option to play an additional game (maybe host) if the teams want to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT