ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal is now open

I agree. UCF should always shoot for the moon and should DEFINITELY offer Casey Thompson.
I hope I'm wrong... but maybe the $$ just isn't there to get a top guy. If there is sufficient money available then yes, they should offer Thompson.

Surprised at all the Casey Thompson posts…he was run out of TX, now run out of Nebraska (who is terrible). Did anyone watch him play? I did a couple games with TX (mediocre with a ton of talent around him) and many Nebraska games (very bad). What do you all see, or is it just a name you see? He wouldn’t be better…

No doubt on his projected ability.....most likely we could not get him anyway even if in the portal. If we get a guy at all, watch it be a low wattage player we are disappointed in.
I keep hoping to be wrong about our QB issues every year......but this X Williams offer is rediculous...

This isn't a low wattage offer, this is a NO WATTAGE offer.

• Sad
Reactions: Knight59
I keep hoping to be wrong about our QB issues every year......but this X Williams offer is rediculous...

This isn't a low wattage offer, this is a NO WATTAGE offer.
Whoever Tweeted out that offer should be fired immediately.

I checked out the kid's NCSA page. He has a five minute highlight video from his two seasons as a backup quarterback at Ola HS. The first two minutes are game play. The last three minutes are 7-on-7 clips.

🤣🤣🤣

His career marks as a HS quarterback are as follows...

79-of-130 for 1,149 yards and 12 touchdowns with 6 interceptions. He played in 11 varsity games with seven starts.

Dunk Fail GIF

It should be a 30-for-30 that this kid got an FBS offer.

I agree. UCF should always shoot for the moon and should DEFINITELY offer Casey Thompson.
LOL. This guy is too much. Thompson has one year left. Malhazan is going to start JRP no matter what. By all accounts Keene won the job and Malhazan still started JRP. Again, get over it.

Steven Leonard at 247 posted that UCF doesn’t believe it can land Thompson. UCF’s main transfer QB target is the kid from Charlotte. A very low .81 three star recruit coming out of high school.

Redshirted in 2021. In 2022 played in six games with one start: 34-67 (50.7%) for 420 yards with 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

Now we wait for SharkBoy19 to report me for posting the facts.

LOL. This guy is too much. Thompson has one year left. Malhazan is going to start JRP no matter what. By all accounts Keene won the job and Malhazan still started JRP. Again, get over it.
Steven Leonard at 247 posted that UCF doesn’t believe it can land Thompson. UCF’s main transfer QB target is the kid from Charlotte. A very low .81 three star recruit coming out of high school.

Redshirted in 2021. In 2022 played in six games with one start: 34-67 (50.7%) for 420 yards with 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

Now we wait for SharkBoy19 to report me for posting the facts.
I never said UCF had a chance to get he guy, but you always ask. You have ZERO chance if you don't ask. So DEFINITELY offer.

Casey Thompson is Auburn's or Florida's to lose, but it all depends on whether Taulia Tagovailoa wants to come back for Auburn: https://247sports.com/Article/Mike-...and-Terrapins-QB-Taulia-Tagovailoa-209073748/

Either way, Thompson is heading to the Southeast, so UCF should DEFINITELY offer, even though Thompson does NOT fit Gus's system. After all, he has under 200 yards rushing for his career and ran for negative 21 yards last year.

Xavier Shepherd is a quarterback prospect UCF should consider in case of emergency. He ran a Gus-style offense in high school prior to running the double wing at Mercer.

EDIT: I will add this in all fairness to Xavier Williams. What LITTLE he does have on film makes him look like a legitimate FBS quarterback. I cannot say the same for Xavier Shepherd.

Last edited:
At least Xavier Williams will be accustomed to running for his life, per this excerpt from the Charlotte Spring Game.

"Returning quarterback Xavier Williams struggled out of the gate with consistent pressure in the pocket but found his rhythm in the second quarter, when he found Roger “Fresh” Walters on a 12-yard strike to put the green team on the board. Williams finished the night completing just three of his five passes for 20 yards and a score."

• Haha
Reactions: PhDee
That’s embarrassing they even offer that guy. He sucks for Charlotte. They don’t want any pressure to pull JRP zoo they offer clowns. Unreal.
If we had media that actually asked tough questions they should be pressing why we are acting small time at the most important position

This offer is embarrassing. not even trying to challenge JRP, McClain should transfer too

Reactions: Knight59
I hope I'm wrong... but maybe the $$ just isn't there to get a top guy. If there is sufficient money available then yes, they should offer Thompson.
If we had media that actually asked tough questions they should be pressing why we are acting small time at the most important position

This offer is embarrassing. not even trying to challenge JRP, McClain should transfer too
@DeezKnights is right. The NIL money isn't there.

Casey Thompson is valued at $237K, per on3's "by NIL value" category. That's more than some UCF coaches make ($1 to @LoboCane ).

Thomas Castellanos is the 27th-most valued available quarterback at $23K. Xavier Williams is the 35th-most valued quarterback at
$12.9K.

Kingdom NIL is falling short. The money isn't there to compete with the big dogs.

Source: https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal...s=best-available&position=qb&orderby=nilvalue

Money doesn't go as far as it used to. Back in my day, you could buy a Heisman winning quarterback for $180k.

"Bond said the former teammate told him other schools had already offered $200,000, but since Newton really liked Mississippi State and had a relationship with head coach Dan Mullen dating to when both were at Florida, Mississippi State could get him for $180,000."

Last edited:
Reactions: LoboCane
we
FIVE recruits Gus signed have been taken in the draft so far. @LoboCane

So he gets credit for them? He was at UCF for the entire 2021 and 2022 season. Malhazan has bought in dozens of portal guys and had two years to work with the UCF upper class men. How many UCF guys are getting drafted?

• Dislike
Reactions: U C to the F
How much did they play when he was there? Was 3 years ago.
Four opened the season as starters on the official depth chart. One (Bigsby) took over as a starter before the season ended.

Running back
Shaun Shivers, junior
D.J. Williams, sophomore OR
Tank Bigsby, freshman OR
Mark-Antony Richards, redshirt freshman

Per Wikipedia, "Bigsby took over as Auburn's starting running back his freshman year in 2020. He had his first 100-yard game against Georgia, rushing for 146 yards on 20 carries. Bigsby finished the season averaging 6.0 yards per carry for a total of 834 yards and was voted the SEC Newcomer/Freshman of the Year."

Defensive tackle
Colby Wooden, redshirt freshman
Daquan Newkirk, senior
Jeremiah Wright, freshman

Buck
Derick Hall, sophomore
T.D. Moultry, senior
Caleb Johnson, redshirt sophomore

Outside linebacker
Owen Pappoe, sophomore OR
Zakoby McClain, junior
Cam Riley, freshman
Desmond Tisdol, freshman

Kicker
Anders Carlson, redshirt junior
Ben Patton, redshirt freshman

Last edited:
Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
we

So he gets credit for them? He was at UCF for the entire 2021 and 2022 season. Malhazan has bought in dozens of portal guys and had two years to work with the UCF upper class men. How many UCF guys are getting drafted?
Gus didn't "sign" the UCF upperclassmen.

Gus didn't "sign" the UCF upperclassmen.
So? He could not develop even one of them? UCF had seven guys drafted the year before Malhazan got there. He brought in two classes of transfers with most being eligible to be drafted by this year. Zero got drafted.

One UCF dude got drafted last year (6th round) and it was a guy that sat out the whole year. Talent has fled the program since the guy got there and he has brought in nobody that’s good to replace them.

• Dislike
So? He could not develop even one of them? UCF had seven guys drafted the year before Malhazan got there. He brought in two classes of transfers with most being eligible to be drafted by this year. Zero got drafted.

One UCF dude got drafted last year (6th round) and it was a guy that sat out the whole year. Talent has fled the program since the guy got there and he has brought in nobody that’s good to replace them.
Cannot make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.

All he has accomplished at UCF is to have the best talent leave the program. Zero guys drafted but yeah keep trying to stunt on the high school rankings of the portal guys Malhazan brings in. Lol.
Let's see what happens in next year's draft.

Correct, Heupel left the cupboards bare with 3 years of terrible recruiting.
Malhazan bringing bust guys like Terrence Lewis and Jennings…none of his portals will be drafted. High school? Who is he going to develop there: 2022 class: Lee, Castellanos and Thompson already gone (two never registered a statistic). OK, keep blaming Heupel tho…he seems to be doing very well at UT.

• Dislike
damn reading these posts on page 7 and you all have lobotomy making sense. you can't defend gus as a developer of top talent so don't go down that rabbit hole. historically we've been a school that overachieved when it came to putting talent in the league. gus is the opposite with his gimmicky system. at auburn they seemed to only have a couple top end defensive talent that would get love though.

damn reading these posts on page 7 and you all have lobotomy making sense. you can't defend gus as a developer of top talent so don't go down that rabbit hole. historically we've been a school that overachieved when it came to putting talent in the league. gus is the opposite with his gimmicky system. at auburn they seemed to only have a couple top end defensive talent that would get love though.
Don't let lobotomy distort the facts...

Gus's only recruiting weaknesses at AUBURN were recruiting and developing high school quarterbacks and high school offensive tackles. Gus excelled at recruiting and developing every other position.

The transfer portal where Gus has signed four transfer offensive tackles and two (soon-to-be three) transfer portal quarterbacks in two signing classes at UCF masks Gus's recruiting deficiencies at those positions.

As far as a developer of talent, Gus produced more NFL draft picks in his eight seasons as head coach than any other decade in the history of AUBURN football.

He will do the same at UCF. Remember Kirby Smart had to win recruiting battles BEFORE he won national championships. Georgia's recruiting rankings were 3 (2017), 1 (2018), 2 (2019), and 1 (2020). Those classes came BEFORE the 2021 and 2022 national titles.

"...historically we've been a school (UCF) that overachieved when it came to putting talent in the league."

Gus gonna change that narrative brah.

Will UCF offer or too much of a risk of him outplaying JRP and making Malhazan look bad when he keeps JRP as the starter?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT