ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal is now open

agreed, these two trolls have a hard-on for each other. They think they are spinning things in their favor but just look like fools in doing so. Geezus H Kris Kringle, don't try to take over this forum like the NObraska trolls attempted. You will only lose in the end. But, whatever, thank you for your interest in UCF Sports, good or bad. It's mildly entertaining for the offseason jibber-jabber.

Go Knights.

agreed, these two trolls have a hard-on for each other. They think they are spinning things in their favor but just look like fools in doing so. Geezus H Kris Kringle, don't try to take over this forum like the NObraska trolls attempted. You will only lose in the end. But, whatever, thank you for your interest in UCF Sports, good or bad. It's mildly entertaining for the offseason jibber-jabber.

Go Knights.
On a similar note, UCF posters on the Big 12 CSN BBS are making us look like clowns, yet again.

Please refrain from making grabbing posts like "UCF UH Rivalry - Mohajir Speaks":

NEWS FLASH!
IT REEKS OF PATHETICNESS.

On a board with fans of schools whose history dwarfs us by decades/century, no one gives a sh*t about us.

So please stop embarassing us UCF fans on the only Big 12 conference message board around.

Go Knights.
I am both winning here and driving traffic to this forum. I don’t see a problem.

Tennessee had 5 players drafted. They fired last coach and Heupel did way better. Can’t credit him for defensive guys but he hired the right coaches. I’d take Heupels career the last 5 years over Malzahn.

Tennessee had 5 players drafted. They fired last coach and Heupel did way better. Can’t credit him for defensive guys but he hired the right coaches. I’d take Heupels career the last 5 years over Malzahn.
The last coach was a h*ll of a recruiter. He is about to be the recipient of a lifetime achievement award from the NCAA infractions committee for his services.

Malzahn is determined to have his game plan and have the team adapt or leave. That combined with him tied to Plumlee has made his first few years rough. If whoever following Plumlee isn't successful, doesn't matter how good he recruits other positions. His teams require the QB to be all conference at the minimum.

He should be recruiting as many star QBs he can every cycle given the odds of injuries and transfer portal.

Malzahn is determined to have his game plan and have the team adapt or leave. That combined with him tied to Plumlee has made his first few years rough. If whoever following Plumlee isn't successful, doesn't matter how good he recruits other positions. His teams require the QB to be all conference at the minimum.

He should be recruiting as many star QBs he can every cycle given the odds of injuries and transfer portal.
Most teams need top tier QB play. Makes him only wanting JRP so frustrating. I wait until I see guys play before I get excited about recruiting. Doesn’t matter if you recruit a bunch of 4 stars that sit bench and transfer the next year.

Most teams need top tier QB play. Makes him only wanting JRP so frustrating. I wait until I see guys play before I get excited about recruiting. Doesn’t matter if you recruit a bunch of 4 stars that sit bench and transfer the next year.
the irony of Lobo’s sometime trolling is that Cristobal and Malzahn are similar in some ways. Miami is just the older brand that has been P5 forever . Both coaches are good recruiters who have run antiquated offenses and have questionable track records in QB scouting and development

the irony of Lobo’s sometime trolling is that Cristobal and Malzahn are similar in some ways. Miami is just the older brand that has been P5 forever . Both coaches are good recruiters who have run antiquated offenses and have questionable track records in QB scouting and development
Malzahn is far more of a proven commodity. He is going to lose between 2-5 games per season. His teams always play hard. You will almost always feel his team's have a chance to win. Malzahn never really worked under a mentor.

With Cristobal, you have no idea what you are going to get. He is 2-5 all-time against Middle Tennessee State. His teams play erratic at times. He did tutor under Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickison as well as sabahr. He is 0-1 vs. Gus and had a NFL quarterback under center while Gus had a true freshman starting the first game of his csreer.

Way to go Gustavo Malhazan…you are really doing it.
On his NCSA sports profile, he says he has "more than 1400 community service hours accumulated," so he sounds like a better fit for the Miami program.

UCF hired the FBS head coach (Will Heely), who recruited Williams out of high school. Heely is putting his $36k analyst salary on the line for this kid.

Plus, no one can deny that Xavier Williams' sophomore and junior 7-on-7 highlight film (starting at 2:09) from when he backed up a future D-III tight end who gave up football to bass fish professionally doesn't look legit.

On his NCSA sports profile, he says he has "more than 1400 community service hours accumulated," so he sounds like a better fit for the Miami program.

UCF hired the FBS head coach (Will Heely), who recruited Williams out of high school. Heely is putting his $36k analyst salary on the line for this kid.

Plus, no one can deny that Xavier Williams' sophomore and junior 7-on-7 highlight film (starting at 2:09) from when he backed up a future D-III tight end who gave up football to bass fish professionally doesn't look legit.

“Film looks legit”. Lol…Williams went to the portal and ONLY received offers from UCF and Kent State. His 247 high school ranking was .8189 and had a total of two offers Charlotte and Georgia State.

At Charlotte 420 yards (50% completions) 2 TDs and 2 INTs. Meanwhile TC had plenty of interest (including Houston and Cincinnati) when he hit the portal and is going to BC to play QB. Keep embarrassing yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asphalt.Jungle

Honestly, who gives a shit about any of this. Get a hobby.

You are deep diving into this kid’s bio to tear him down, also mentioning our analyst Heely’s salary (why?). All that time to type it out, I promise no one cares.

Williams is a body. Someone has to be the fourth QB. Did everyone comb through Will Bohn’s bio/resume in this kind of demeaning way? I get that some people want a QB to be brought in to unseat Plumlee, but that’s not what this is anyway - it’s a depth move. So why are people even acting like it is something different…

I’ll be the bigger person and say I’m fine with him holding a clipboard and running the scout team. He’s never seeing the field in front of JRP, McClain, or even Rizk, so who cares?

I’ll be the bigger person and say I’m fine with him holding a clipboard and running the scout team. He’s never seeing the field in front of JRP, McClain, or even Rizk, so who cares?
I think the question is why is it this time Malzahn recruiting for depth, clipboard holder as you stated. Every other position RB, WR, LB, DL, OL, ect. and QB in the past, he has pulled in players with the intent to compete and many have beat out the incumbents who were successful players themselves. Now with a position that has a starter who has 1 year left, dealt with injuries, and a player who was not a clipboard carrier left the program, he chooses to recruit for depth?

Hasn't one of the biggest knocks on Gus always been that he is too loyal to "his" guys? I think we are seeing the second example of that with him not even looking for someone to push and compete with JRP. The first example was who he has hired as assistant coaches. It breeds incredible loyalty to him (how many former Auburn guys do we have), but I feel like its gonna burn us with JRP in games occasionally.

“Film looks legit”. Lol…Williams went to the portal and ONLY received offers from UCF and Kent State. His 247 high school ranking was .8189 and had a total of two offers Charlotte and Georgia State.

At Charlotte 420 yards (50% completions) 2 TDs and 2 INTs. Meanwhile TC had plenty of interest (including Houston and Cincinnati) when he hit the portal and is going to BC to play QB. Keep embarrassing yourself.
Honestly, who gives a shit about any of this. Get a hobby.

You are deep diving into this kid’s bio to tear him down, also mentioning our analyst Heely’s salary (why?). All that time to type it out, I promise no one cares.

Williams is a body. Someone has to be the fourth QB. Did everyone comb through Will Bohn’s bio/resume in this kind of demeaning way? I get that some people want a QB to be brought in to unseat Plumlee, but that’s not what this is anyway - it’s a depth move. So why are people even acting like it is something different…

This^^....and enough slamming young guys who are just trying to get a chance to play college ball. We need QB's and this guy has some experience.

Honestly, who gives a shit about any of this?
Great questions...

Isn't UCF's football history filled with players like this? Walk ons who become NFL starters. A one-handed linebacker who is the subject of a Disney movie.
You are deep diving into this kid’s bio to tear him down, also mentioning our analyst Heely’s salary (why?).
This kid is the real story of the offseason. Not some me player who commands all the spotlight flying on private jets and running from one field to another.

What is Heely's job? What is his purpose? He is the Special Assistant to the Head Coach. Gus's last Special Assistant to the Head Coach is the current Defensive Coordinator. It is an important position.

Heely was a college quarterback and is a bit of an offensive guru himself. I can only assume Gus has aligned himself with Heely to help him evaluate quarterbacks. This kid is the first.
And David was a shepherd boy with a sling until he slayed a giant and became a king. UCF has only brought in transfers who it thinks can help. Why would this kid be any different?
He’s never seeing the field in front of JRP, McClain, or even Rizk, so who cares?
I guess we'll see.

Williams is all the things I said he is.

A soon-to-be FBS quarterback with less than 2,000 career passing yards in three varsity seasons and two collegiate seasons combined.

A backup to a D-III tight end turned professional bass angler.
But he is also....

A 5-foot-6 HS freshman turned 6-foot-2 college redshirt sophomore who led his high school team to the No. 1 ranking in Georgia in all classifications.

A guy who outshined Miami sophomore quarterback Jacurri Brown in a head-to-head matchup of nationally ranked teams.

He could flame out or be another folk hero. His story isn't written yet...

Last edited:
Great questions...

Isn't UCF's football history filled with players like this? Walk ons who become NFL starters. A one-handed linebacker who is the subject of a Disney movie.

This kid is the real story of the offseason. Not some me player who commands all the spotlight flying on private jets and running from one field to another.

What is Heely's job? What is his purpose? He is the Special Assistant to the Head Coach. Gus's last Special Assistant to the Head Coach is the current Defensive Coordinator. It is an important position.

Heely was a college quarterback and is a bit of an offensive guru himself. I can only assume Gus has aligned himself with Heely to help him evaluate quarterbacks. This kid is the first.

And David was a shepherd boy with a sling until he slayed a giant and became a king. UCF has only brought in transfers who it thinks can help. Why would this kid be any different?

I guess we'll see.

Williams is all the things I said he is.

A soon-to-be FBS quarterback with less than 2,000 career passing yards in three varsity seasons and two collegiate seasons combined.

A backup to a D-III tight end turned professional bass angler.
But he is also....

A 5-foot-6 HS freshman turned 6-foot-2 college redshirt sophomore who led his high school team to the No. 1 ranking in Georgia in all classifications.

A guy who outshined Miami sophomore quarterback Jacurri Brown in a head-to-head matchup of nationally ranked teams.

He could flame out or be another folk hero. His story is written yet...
Go outside.

Go outside.

You have serious issues.

I guess the portal is closed now (Apr30th) but Hayde Wolf is Still available! When does the portal open up again?​

Hayden Wolff: TBD/Old Dominion​

Wolff is forever part of Monarchs’ history in that he became the starter midway through the 2021 season and led them to a 5-1 finish and the first bowl game in program history. He threw for 2,908 yards and 18 touchdowns with six interceptions last year when ODU went 3-9. The 6-foot-5 Florida native threw for 5,578 yards and 30 touchdowns in three seasons – Old Dominion did not play in 2020 – with the Monarchs. In 2019, his first year on campus, Wolff played in three games and maintained a redshirt. He has two seasons of eligibility.

I guess the portal is closed now (Apr30th) but Hayde Wolf is Still available! When does the portal open up again?​

Wolff is forever part of Monarchs’ history in that he became the starter midway through the 2021 season and led them to a 5-1 finish and the first bowl game in program history. He threw for 2,908 yards and 18 touchdowns with six interceptions last year when ODU went 3-9. The 6-foot-5 Florida native threw for 5,578 yards and 30 touchdowns in three seasons – Old Dominion did not play in 2020 – with the Monarchs. In 2019, his first year on campus, Wolff played in three games and maintained a redshirt. He has two seasons of eligibility.
The portal closing means only that new players can enter the portal. Players currently in the portal can commit at any time, but it means nothing until they actually enroll.

Went to Western Michigan.

Hasn't one of the biggest knocks on Gus always been that he is too loyal to "his" guys? I think we are seeing the second example of that with him not even looking for someone to push and compete with JRP. The first example was who he has hired as assistant coaches. It breeds incredible loyalty to him (how many former Auburn guys do we have), but I feel like its gonna burn us with JRP in games occasionally.
Just look at us when we played Tulane in the championship. Then look at us against Duke. If that kind of play continues, we're the laughing stock.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay

I know UCF is desperate, but no. Just no.
Im Not No Way GIF

I'm all for people obeying the law, but this isn't enough to sway me away. If you have more on him to share I'm all ears though.
Go to the 50:30 mark of the Spring Game and listen to the head coach diagnose the play call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT