ADVERTISEMENT

Trump’s Jerusalem decision triggers violence

There are a lot of things that I don't like about Trump.

But there are also a lot of things about his administration that were issues before his time. The only thing he's guilty of doing is finally "following through" with a lot of the charades that have plagued previous administrations.

Sadly, this is one of them.
- http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-correct-about-history-jerusalem-embas/

Why pass laws and have stances if we're not going to make them reality? That's what I get tired of when it comes to the UN, EU, etc... even the US.

The previous presidents were correct.
Correct in not enforcing a law?

This is what gets me about the current "political climate" ... why are we passing laws we don't enforce? Why not just not pass the law in the first place? Or why not pass a law that counters it?

I cannot stand Jeff Sessions, I think he was the biggest mistake as an AG (same for Holder too, I argued that during the Obama administration), but one thing I 100% agree on him is why don't we pass federal laws decriminalizing weed, if we don't want the federal government to enforce the laws on it?

Every Libertarian I know hates Sessions as well, but we all agree ... if Americans would just take that single quote from Sessions, and apply it to everything ... we'd solve a lot of our issues.

But instead we have Executives that just ignore Congress, and people cheer.

And they wonder why the US never actually joined not just the Paris accords, but never even Kyoto before it?! Neither Trump nor W. had anything to do with that, yet they are blamed for the utter failings of Obama and Clinton, respectively.

Especially Clinton, who couldn't get a single Democrat in the Senate to support him. For that reason, Obama didn't even bother to send it to Congress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight_Light
Reactions: UCFWayne
Roger Cohen's op-ed is pretty on-point:
- https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/08/opinion/trump-jerusalem-israel-palestinians.html

This matches much of what happens in the US. It's not the President, it's the laws and Congress. Same goes for Paris and Kyoto before that.

We live in a time where US media 'analysts' define the Executive and Legislative "policy," not the actual Executive and Legislative.

This is why nearly all US news is "Fake News." No one bothers to apply civics any more, although we did that to ourselves. We stopped teaching civics after the Vietnam War.

We just need to ship Antifa over to Jerusalem ... let them bang it out.

The previous presidents were correct.
they all campaigned to do exactly what trump did, they just failed to act. hell its passed the votes in congress every single time. i believe this time it was 90-0. so why are people so upset that trump had the balls to finally follow through?

The decision to not move the Embassy and recognize reality was basically always derived under the implicit threat of violence and terrorism. Like many of things involving the Muslim religion, people were terrified to take this action because it was assumed that the jihadis would immediately start violence and killing people.

That's not a way to run policy.

Jerusalem as the specified capitol of Israel was always going to be part of ANY plan. Period. This simply rips off the bandaid and gets to that part of the deal first. Now, Palestinians can either accept this and come to work on a peace deal that secures them at least a claim to East Jerusalem, which is on the table, or they can do what they've always done and allow Hamas to trigger another war in Gaza.

Reactions: Crazyhole
58 Palestinians have been killed. But yes it's totally the Muslims being the terrorists*
Maybe if they had been peacefully protesting none of them would have been killed. Unfortunately, they brought deadly weapons and violent intent, sprinkled in with a heavy dose of Hamas involvement, to the “protest”.

Maybe if they had been peacefully protesting none of them would have been killed. Unfortunately, they brought deadly weapons and violent intent, sprinkled in with a heavy dose of Hamas involvement, to the “protest”.

This won’t satisfy the rabid anti-Trump and anti-Israel zealots. Never have never will.

And now that the President showed courage and finally acted on something cowards promised for 30 years, to the delight of Israelis, the anti-Trump hate filled crowd will further conform to anti-Israeli rhetoric and further align themselves with Islamist resistance terror groups such as Hamas

I know this offers no solution but there's almost next to no point even arguing about this. I don't think there will ever be "peace" there. It's been going on since pretty much the beginning of mankind.

I know this offers no solution but there's almost next to no point even arguing about this. I don't think there will ever be "peace" there. It's been going on since pretty much the beginning of mankind.
the only times there have been relative peace is when one group takes a strong hold over the entire region.

Disagree. Israelis don't want to live in constant conflict, as I'm sure most Palestinians don't want to either. The issue is that there never can be peace so long as an armed terrorist group runs everything in Gaza. If the Palestinians ever rose up and threw out Hamas, I think the peace process could accelerate quite quickly. But Israel never, ever will negotiate with them, nor should they.

Maybe this never happens but I do see an avenue available.

Eliminating radicals would help. Who would have ever thought Saudi and Israel would be working together? A Saudi crown prince taking sides with Israel over Palestine?

Reactions: Crazyhole
Disagree. Israelis don't want to live in constant conflict, as I'm sure most Palestinians don't want to either. The issue is that there never can be peace so long as an armed terrorist group runs everything in Gaza. If the Palestinians ever rose up and threw out Hamas, I think the peace process could accelerate quite quickly. But Israel never, ever will negotiate with them, nor should they.

Maybe this never happens but I do see an avenue available.

I don't think Israel should negotiate with them either. Of course there is always a chance for peace, I just wholeheartedly think there will never be peace - something "radical" would have to happen.

This is literally something that has been going on FOREVER. If a group like Hamas is "defeated" - another will rise. The conflict is too deeply rooted.

Eliminating radicals would help. Who would have ever thought Saudi and Israel would be working together? A Saudi crown prince taking sides with Israel over Palestine?

How do you "eliminate" radicals? What do you think they've been doing? That's like defeating "terrorism". You can't really truly defeat it. It would take more than war and fighting to do so.

How do you "eliminate" radicals? What do you think they've been doing? That's like defeating "terrorism". You can't really truly defeat it. It would take more than war and fighting to do so.

Having a person like the crown prince coming out against them helps. When the leaders in the ME are moderates, change can happen rapidly. England and France were fighting forever, now they're allies.

Reactions: Knight_of_Parrish

Yes such deadly weapons that no one on the other side was killed, but over 60 now protestors were killed.

And if they were peacefully protesting 86 would be on here bitching and moaning about that too, just like he did with the NFL national anthem protest.

The bottom line is insane right wingers like 85 are so filled with hate they will shit on anyone who disagrees with their literally insane ideaology.

Yes such deadly weapons that no one on the other side was killed, but over 60 now protestors were killed.

And if they were peacefully protesting 86 would be on here bitching and moaning about that too, just like he did with the NFL national anthem protest.

The bottom line is insane right wingers like 85 are so filled with hate they will shit on anyone who disagrees with their literally insane ideaology.
Have you actually seen the pictures of what your “not-dangerous” protesters did? How they approached the fence? What they threw and deployed over the fence?

I don't think Israel should negotiate with them either. Of course there is always a chance for peace, I just wholeheartedly think there will never be peace - something "radical" would have to happen.

This is literally something that has been going on FOREVER. If a group like Hamas is "defeated" - another will rise. The conflict is too deeply rooted.
Its certainly a task that appears impossible but you hate to give up hope

Laughed audibly at "Israelis don't want to live in constant conflict"

That's literally the entire shtick for you checkers players who haven't figured it out: "Israel vs. Palestine" "Republican vs Democrat" "gun grabbers vs gun nuts" "black vs. white" "straight vs. gay" all manufactured & brought to you by those who you cannot remotely question the slightest without "OMG UR HITLERz!"

Have you actually seen the pictures of what your “not-dangerous” protesters did? How they approached the fence? What they threw and deployed over the fence?

Sure, I'm not saying they were non dangerous. I am saying that if 60 Israelis were killed by Palestinians we would be hearing about this non stop and Israel would probably be nuking the West Bank right now.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights

I wouldn't say "forever". At least not in terms of high impact conflict. I think the Middle East is pretty much like any other region that has experienced armed conflict since basically the beginning of time. Europe has had more wars and more bloodshed over the past thousands of years than the Levant has. I know Europe is "relatively" peaceful these days, but we're only 25 some odd years removed from a massive war in the Balkans and the threat of communist nuclear war.

The radicals and militants in the West Bank have largely been replaced by moderates. The same could happen in Gaza, but not so long as Hamas runs the show.

Sure, I'm not saying they were non dangerous. I am saying that if 60 Israelis were killed by Palestinians we would be hearing about this non stop and Israel would probably be nuking the West Bank right now.
That is true. But it’s largely a factor of Israel being our ally, being an actual nation that is a strong part of the international community, and not being run by a terrorist organization that has no interest in peaceful cohabitation.

The media over here has also been whitewashing many of the recent Palestinian actions and has been totally ignoring the Hamas involvement. When Palestinians in the recent protests were interviewed, they stated their intent to destroy and kill if they could. More than words alone, they laid down a very real smoke screen (not the first time for this either) for their activities and launched attacks under the cover of that smoke. That sounds more like a military or terrorist action than a political event.

But our media characterized that as “protests” with the intent of evoking memories of peaceful rallies here in the states. Then used that misnomer to imply that Israel was undertaking some great evil.

Let me ask you, if the Palestinians simply went and sat outside the fence in protest, do you think the IDF would’ve opened fire?

One day in the future people will look at Israel and wonder how they got a free pass to be one of the most aggressive, disruptive, violent countries in the world for decades. At some point they need to play by the rules too.

One day in the future people will look at Israel and wonder how they got a free pass to be one of the most aggressive, disruptive, violent countries in the world for decades. At some point they need to play by the rules too.

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn. Trolls aren't what they used to be.

Yep, just another peaceful protest, as reported on by our super trustworthy media complex. I like how this NPR hack actually tries to give this asshat a way out on the subject, to provide context that he never meant, and he throws it right back in his face. Nope, killing Jews is what we're here for:

On @NPR, @NPRinskeep just asked a Gazan with a kite w a swastika on it what it means to him. "The Jews go crazy when you mention Hitler." Steve Inskeep asked if he knows the Israelis are using the swastikas to discredit Gazans. "It's what we mean. We want them to burn," he said.

— Batya Ungar-Sargon (@bungarsargon) May 15, 2018

Great ally, never forget Ziocucks, now back on your knees:

iu

Reactions: NinjaKnight
No they won't. History is written by the "victors".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT