ADVERTISEMENT

Trump has also deleted thousands of emails

CommuterBob

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2011
Stuck in traffic
http://www.newsweek.com/2016/11/11/donald-trump-companies-destroyed-emails-documents-515120.html

Over the course of decades, Donald Trump’s companies have systematically destroyed or hidden thousands of emails, digital records and paper documents demanded in official proceedings, often in defiance of court orders. These tactics—exposed by a Newsweek review of thousands of pages of court filings, judicial orders and affidavits from an array of court cases—have enraged judges, prosecutors, opposing lawyers and the many ordinary citizens entangled in litigation with Trump. In each instance, Trump and entities he controlled also erected numerous hurdles that made lawsuits drag on for years, forcing courtroom opponents to spend huge sums of money in legal fees as they struggled—sometimes in vain—to obtain records.

in violation of court orders...hmmm...

TRUMP’S USE OF DECEPTION and untruthful affidavits, as well as the hiding or improper destruction of documents, dates back to at least 1973, when the Republican nominee, his father and their real estate company battled the federal government over civil charges that they refused to rent apartments to African-Americans. The Trump strategy was simple: deny, impede and delay, while destroying documents the court had ordered them to hand over.

... there was no trove of documents. The Trump records had been destroyed. Despite knowing back in 2001 that Trump might want to file a lawsuit, his companies had deleted emails and other records without checking if they might be evidence in his case. Beginning around 2003, the company wiped clear the data from everyone’s computers every year. Lawyers for Trump Hotels had never sent out the usual communication issued during litigation instructing employees to stop destroying records that might be related to this case. The deletions continued, and backup tapes were reused—thus erasing the data they held. Power Plant lawyers also discovered that after the lawsuit was filed, Trump Hotels disposed of a key witness’s computer without preserving the data on it.

And this is a decent summary IMHO

THIS REVIEW OF TRUMP’S many decades of abusing the judicial system, ignoring judges, disregarding rules, destroying documents and lying about it is not simply a sordid history lesson. Rather, it helps explain his behavior since he declared his candidacy. He promised to turn over his tax returns and his health records—just as he promised to comply with document discovery requirements in so many lawsuits—then reneged. As a result, he has left a sparse evidentiary trail that can be used to assess his wealth, his qualifications for the presidency or even his fitness. Should voters choose him to be the next U.S. president, he will enter the Oval Office as a mystery, a man who has repeatedly flouted the rules. He has solemnly told the country to trust him while refusing to produce any records to prove whether he speaks the truth or has utter contempt for it.

Sounds just like a politician.

At least Commuter is now admitting that his candidate is a flawed, corrupt, criminal and is now attempting a He Did It Too argument.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
lol. C'mon, please don't pretend you aren't a HRC fan. You've been in total defense of her for 2 months.
No. I am not, nor have I ever been. She's a political crook and I have called her such for a long time. I don't recall saying one single thing in support of HRC. I have been critical of Trump for sure, but I am by no means an HRC supporter. It is possible to dislike both candidates, and I detest both of them. I don't even really get excited by Gary either, and I've criticized him, too. Just because I criticize Trump doesn't mean I support HRC. That is a logical fallacy.

Im not saying I would fully support the Russians using one of those newly released nukes on DC, but it might help this country long term.

This is some weak shit carbob
It is? Defying a subpeona and a court order by deleting/destroying records isn't weak shit, it's something Trump has accused his opponent of doing for the entirety of the campaign, and his self-righteousness about his accusations is fair game considering he (or more correctly his lawyers) has done the same that Hillary (or more correctly her staff) has.

Reactions: UCFhonors
It is? Defying a subpeona and a court order by deleting/destroying records isn't weak shit, it's something Trump has accused his opponent of doing for the entirety of the campaign, and his self-righteousness about his accusations is fair game considering he (or more correctly his lawyers) has done the same that Hillary (or more correctly her staff) has.
And your self righteous ass has dismissed Hillary doing worse than that as it being part of the game or whatever . The point is you Hillary fanboys and girls need to get over yourself and just own up to the fact that you are voting for a criminal

And your self righteous ass has dismissed Hillary doing worse than that as it being part of the game or whatever . The point is you Hillary fanboys and girls need to get over yourself and just own up to the fact that you are voting for a criminal
And Trump fanboys need to own up to the fact they are doing the same.

It doesn't have to be classified to violate a court order.

One is quite worse than the other. In addition to obstructing justice, lying under oath, destroying information under subpoena and selling access to the State Dept; Hillary also put the country at risk by purposely mishandling classified material.

I dont like Trump so Im not going to defend his reckless actions, but mishandling classified US intel is an order of magnitude worse than whatever Trump has done.
TBF Trump's never had the opportunity. Trump plays fast and loose with contract law and other regulations. It wouldn't surprise me to see him play fast and loose with other laws as well.

TBF Trump's never had the opportunity. Trump plays fast and loose with contract law and other regulations. It wouldn't surprise me to see him play fast and loose with other laws as well.
He very well could, but that is speculation. On the other hand, we have seen exactly what Clinton has done and will continue to do in office. That should scare you.

He very well could, but that is speculation. On the other hand, we have seen exactly what Clinton has done and will continue to do in office. That should scare you.
That is also speculation. I'd say either of them would be willing to do some illegal things in office. They both scare me.

He branded a shitty Trump U, let assholes run it, and scammed people out of money. That really sucks and is shitty.

HRC, however, used her influence and her Foundation shadow ties to give Russia access and rights to American uranium, possibly to assist in the development of that massive nuclear missile they just unveiled, at a time when Russia is just daring the US to confront them militarily. Her Foundation also used the Haitian relief money as a slush fund for her cronies and friends who were building luxury hotels next to shack towns that weren't getting a dime of relief money.

She rushed to open a consulate in Libya after leading the disastrous choice to remove Ghadaffi, which resulted in several dead Americans, and gave out bullshit contracts to her Foundation buddies who were running around Libya at that time.

Trump is a dick, a con, whatever you want to call him. NO question. But to my knowledge, none of his sleeze or shady dealings have led to our adversaries advancing their nuclear programs or countries becoming safe havens for terrorists.

That is also speculation. I'd say either of them would be willing to do some illegal things in office. They both scare me.
Its speculation? There is a well documented pattern here. Seriously, the Russian Uranium deal is borderline treason.

Again, Trump is a terrible choice for president, but he hasnt tried to undermine the security of our nation. Hillary ACTUALLY has.

Reactions: Knight_Light
He branded a shitty Trump U, let assholes run it, and scammed people out of money. That really sucks and is shitty.

HRC, however, used her influence and her Foundation shadow ties to give Russia access and rights to American uranium, possibly to assist in the development of that massive nuclear missile they just unveiled, at a time when Russia is just daring the US to confront them militarily. Her Foundation also used the Haitian relief money as a slush fund for her cronies and friends who were building luxury hotels next to shack towns that weren't getting a dime of relief money.

She rushed to open a consulate in Libya after leading the disastrous choice to remove Ghadaffi, which resulted in several dead Americans, and gave out bullshit contracts to her Foundation buddies who were running around Libya at that time.

Trump is a dick, a con, whatever you want to call him. NO question. But to my knowledge, none of his sleeze or shady dealings have led to our adversaries advancing their nuclear programs or countries becoming safe havens for terrorists.
So tired of the uranium deal talking point which is totally false. http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

Yeah, she's a political crook. No doubt. But that deal is about the same as the Dubai Ports deal during the Bush Administration.

And again, Trump has never been entrusted with national secrets or nuclear policy, or any foreign policy at all. That wasn't anything to do with his career or his businesses. Now the salesman/developer wants to be a politician and be able to do those kind of things. Maybe he'll be virtuous, but maybe he won't. He hasn't shown to be virtuous in some of his business dealings.

Seriously, the Russian Uranium deal is borderline treason.

Again, Trump is a terrible choice for president, but he hasnt tried to undermine the security of our nation. Hillary ACTUALLY has.
No. No it isn't. It's much more like Dubai Ports.

And he hasn't because he hasn't had an opportunity to try.

I get that you dont like Trump, but you are doing a hell of a job pretending that Hillary is somehow better. You base this off the idea that Trump will do worse than the things Hillary actually has done.

Good to see that CommuterBob is taking care of my lite work around here, like 85. [smoke]

So tired of the uranium deal talking point which is totally false. http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

Yeah, she's a political crook. No doubt. But that deal is about the same as the Dubai Ports deal during the Bush Administration.

And again, Trump has never been entrusted with national secrets or nuclear policy, or any foreign policy at all. That wasn't anything to do with his career or his businesses. Now the salesman/developer wants to be a politician and be able to do those kind of things. Maybe he'll be virtuous, but maybe he won't. He hasn't shown to be virtuous in some of his business dealings.

LOLOL

This is why you really can't even trust snopes.com. They claim the "Origin" is the Clinton Cash movie. REALLY? Funny since the NY Times was THE publication to actually break the story back in 2015:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...ssed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0

The Times carefully details just how shady this entire deal is, and how the Clintons had their fingerprints "near" everything that went on. Yet Snopes doesn't even recognize that the NYT did this piece and instead focuses on the Clinton Cash claims.

Hilarious. Unreal.

I get that you dont like Trump, but you are doing a hell of a job pretending that Hillary is somehow better. You base this off the idea that Trump will do worse than the things Hillary actually has done.
Not better. Equally bad.

I liken Hillary vs. Trump on the whole ethics issue to the idea of having an employee who you have caught stealing from you compared to hiring a guy who's been arrested for shoplifting a few times. One of the two has to get a promotion.

Fast and lose? Please explain in detail.

The LA Times has a poll showing Trump up 47% to 43% but they've consistently been the outlier poll. On the other hand they seem to have a scientific, broad based polling criteria so I don't know what to make of this.

It's also the LA Times, aka a typical liberal rag.

http://graphics.latimes.com/usc-presidential-poll-dashboard/
It's USC which is doing the polling and the methodology is intriguing. It all comes down to the population weighting adjustments. Another statistician pollster just applied a different weighting and achieved a Hillary advantage. I think USC's population weighting was the most correct. They will likely end up being the most accurate poll again and with the least amount of variation on the way leading up to the election for 3 months. They're more interested in validating their unique methods I believe.

The other statistician used the exact same raw data as USC and was able to manipulate the poll to show Clinton advantage. Just to further explain what I meant above.

To make it worse, Trump has hung out with at least 3 known mobsters, Robert Libuti, Bill Clinton, and Hillary Clinton.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT