ADVERTISEMENT

Turkey launches offensive in northern Syria with air strikes

BTW, we are leaving the Kurds out-to-dry. It sucks for them, and I'll fully admit that.
Yeah, 'it sucks for them' that our American President can sell them out to Turkey.

But it's not the first time we've done this either. Every administration has screwed up. …. The left is making a huge deal about this, when their track record isn't that good either
What an AWESOME Red Hat response!!!!

Since 'every administration has screwed up,' Trump has absolutely no accountability to his fawning supporters since this 'whaddabout?' justification can be used to defend anything and everything.

We can simply ignore what America stands for and shrug off our gut-wrenching betrayal. It "sucks for them' but so what? Everybody has to die sometime, right UCFBS?

i have a feeling if obama left the kurds out to dry the way trump did, the media wouldve be completely silent.

i have a feeling if obama left the kurds out to dry the way trump did, the media wouldve be completely silent.
He kinda did in several ways. It was others who got them fighting with us.

Everybody here knows what we did do the Kurds was morally reprehensible. But rather than own it, we have some here who try to buffer the disgust we're all feeling by playing the usual 'whaddabout?' crappola.

I trust that our American Spirit has not been morally corrupted. We still want that 'Shining City on the Hill whose beacon light guides freedom-loving people everywhere.'

Last time I checked, we have a long standing tradition of not forming alliances with terrorists. People hear the term Kurd and automatically think of the Kurds in northern Iraq. This isn't the same group of people.

Reactions: UCFWayne
US Forces were nearly killed yesterday when our great ally the Kurds decided to fire mortar fire over a US position and into Turkey, prompting our great ally Turkey to return artillery fire that landed "within a few hundred meters" of a US outpost.

Seems like having a US position in between these two sides didn't mean jack shit.

https://www.militarytimes.com/flash...s-harmed-by-explosion-in-syria-says-official/

Gee, I can't imagine why the President decided it was time to have our forces fall back?

US Forces were nearly killed yesterday when our great ally the Kurds decided to fire mortar fire over a US position and into Turkey, prompting our great ally Turkey to return artillery fire that landed "within a few hundred meters" of a US outpost.

Seems like having a US position in between these two sides didn't mean jack shit.

https://www.militarytimes.com/flash...s-harmed-by-explosion-in-syria-says-official/

Gee, I can't imagine why the President decided it was time to have our forces fall back?
Instead of being alarmed that the Turks almost took American lives, 85 wants to make this story about "those evil Kurds." :rolleyes:

Instead of being alarmed that the Turks almost took American lives, 85 wants to make this story about "those evil Kurds." :rolleyes:

You told us that having US forces between these two sides would prevent any hostilities. We literally had forces between these two yesterday and they still ended up almost dying since the Kurds launched mortar fire overhead a US position and into Turkey which prompted a return fire. This is exactly what we've been saying would happen and it nearly did.

Sad to see your faux, fake concern for the Kurds is now superseding your concern for our own forces caught in the middle of a conflict we have nothing to do with.

You told us that having US forces between these two sides would prevent any hostilities.
Bullsh*t.

The only thing that would have prevented these hostilities was our Commander-in-Chief not cowtowing to Erdogan by essentially green-lighting the Turkish invasion by saying we'd leave.

Bullsh*t.

The only thing that would have prevented these hostilities was our Commander-in-Chief not cowtowing to Erdogan by essentially green-lighting the Turkish invasion by saying we'd leave.

We didn't leave nor was that what he ordered, nor have we endorsed this conflict. Everything we said was going to happen nearly happened yesterday, and your only response is to continue bitching about the President. The Kurds wouldn't fall back to make a safe zone that Turkey wanted and Turkey said it was coming either way to make them.

If you think we need soldiers to act as human shields then maybe you should join up and go relieve the guys serving as human shields right now.

We didn't leave nor was that what he ordered...
Trump didn't decide to pull U.S. troops out of Northeast Syria??!? Let me guess, this is another 'fake news' story. :rolleyes:

If you think we need soldiers to act as human shields then maybe you should join up and go relieve the guys serving as human shields right now.
Tell us all again how Trump is tired of the 'endless wars' in the Middle East as we move our military to fight for Saudi Arabia instead.

Trump didn't decide to pull U.S. troops out of Northeast Syria??!? Let me guess, this is another 'fake news' story. :rolleyes:

Tell us all again how Trump is tired of the 'endless wars' in the Middle East as we move our military to fight for Saudi Arabia instead.

Like it or not, Saudi Arabia is a much more important ally than the Syrian Kurds. Not to mention that Turkey is also a much more important ally than the Syrian Kurds.

You are so convinced that only the kurds can keep ISIS under wraps that you are forgetting that Turkey also doesn't like ISIS and is probably better equipped to deal with them. I'm surprised that this bothers you so much, as Obama called Erdogan his closest political ally in the region.

You are so convinced that only the kurds can keep ISIS under wraps that you are forgetting that Turkey also doesn't like ISIS and is probably better equipped to deal with them.

Call it naïve if you want, but it would sure be nice to have a foreign policy that at least tried to reflect our American values. Instead, let's be okay with a deadly betray of our allies the Kurds. Let's wink at an 'elected' dictator in Turkey who's itching to invade Syria for no better reason than because our President has some serious business interests in the country and let's move our military forces to defend Saudi Arabia who's Crowned Prince called a murderous hit on a Washington Post reporter.

Damn, it feels to spread freedom and democracy around the world, right guys!!!!

Call it naïve if you want, but it would sure be nice to have a foreign policy that at least tried to reflect our American values. Instead, let's be okay with a deadly betray of our allies the Kurds. Let's wink at an 'elected' dictator in Turkey who's itching to invade Syria for no better reason than because our President has some serious business interests in the country and let's move our military forces to defend Saudi Arabia who's Crowned Prince called a murderous hit on a Washington Post reporter.

Damn, it feels to spread freedom and democracy around the world, right guys!!!!

Turkey wants to start a war because trump has business interests in their country? Do you realize how crazy you sound?

And what American values have we been spreading for the last 15 years? "We came, we saw, he died, lol"? Setting up extremist regimes in countries that previously had secular governments? It's ridiculous to act like trump not wanting to run interference for a terrorist organization is unamerican.

Turkey wants to start a war because trump has business interests in their country? Do you realize how crazy you sound?
What's crazy, Crazy? Let's do a quickie point-by-point summary:
  1. Turkey hates the Kurds and wants to annihilate them. They have been itching to roll their tanks into Syria and wipe them out. But doggone it, those Kurds have been assisting the USA in its battle against ISIS and the Turks can't attack THEM without killing US troops. What a dilemma for Turkish Prez, Erdogan!!!
  2. So Turkey's President tries once again to talk Trump into withdrawing our troops. He THOUGHT he'd talked Trump into it late last year but Mad Dog Mattus resigned over it and ultimately, those damn American Generals won the day.
  3. This time Erdogan is successful. Trump has always been susceptible to Erdogan's pressure because Trump is heavily invested in Istanbul and doesn't want to 'bite the hand that feeds his businesses.'
  4. So Trump pulls back our special forces out of northern Syria with the public proclamation that "I campaigned to get our troops out of the Middle East." (Ignore the fact Trump is sending troops to aid the Saudi Prince.)
  5. As a result of Trump's spur-of-the-moment decision without any consultation with our military generals, we are complicit in annihilating the very people who helped us in our war against ISIS.
  6. Since Trump's call was spur-of-the-moment, there was no time to prepare for a planful withdrawal and a way to insure that ISIS prisoners wouldn't get released if something crazy happened like, oh, I don't know, like the Turk army invading northern Syria.
  7. We were told last Sunday by Trump to not worry about the Turks attacking our Kurdish colleagues because if they did, we'd "wipe them out economically."
  8. Less than 36 hours after Trump's announcement, the Turks invade northern Syria. What a shocker, right?
  9. Trump says we appreciated the Kurds' help with ISIS, but honestly, "they didn't help us during WWII" so screw them.
  10. So there you go, Crazyhole! If you don't believe Istanbul's Trump Towers (yes, two of them) didn't factor into this scenario, I'm afraid I'm inclined to disagree.

Last edited:

And what American values have we been spreading for the last 15 years? "We came, we saw, he died, lol"? Setting up extremist regimes in countries that previously had secular governments? It's ridiculous to act like trump not wanting to run interference for a terrorist organization is unamerican.

He is a delusional nutjob. Like, this is insane person conspiracy theory bullshit

85 is a mentally ill person.

U.S. forces say Turkey was deliberately ‘bracketing’ American troops with artillery fire in Syria

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Like it or not, Saudi Arabia is a much more important ally than the Syrian Kurds. Not to mention that Turkey is also a much more important ally than the Syrian Kurds.

You are so convinced that only the kurds can keep ISIS under wraps that you are forgetting that Turkey also doesn't like ISIS and is probably better equipped to deal with them. I'm surprised that this bothers you so much, as Obama called Erdogan his closest political ally in the region.

The same Saudi Arabia that flew planes in to the WTC?

Reactions: DaShuckster
lol at abc news for showing this clip. and the media wonders why people call them fake news and dont trust them that much anymore.
Good one, Wayne. Everything we've heard this past week out of Turkey and Syria has been fake news, right? :rolleyes:

No sh*t. It's getting to the point where actual Trumpster responses illustrate the stupidity of their defense better than my attempts at sarcasm.

Just make fun of them. There's no point in trying to debate with these inbreds. They don't give a shit about reality.

No sh*t. It's getting to the point where actual Trumpster responses illustrate the stupidity of their defense better than my attempts at sarcasm.
Oh calm down. It was a joke. For the most part.

I’ve been in Korea working with 8th Army and USFK witnessing events from within command centers knowing exactly what was going on and then go back to my hotel to watch the media coverage and you’d swear you were in an alternate reality. It’s really not worth worrying about it in the end though.

It’s really not worth worrying about it in the end though.
Someone who has been working with the USFK and who knows 'exactly what's going on' tells us that our betrayal of the Kurds and the destabilization of the area is "not worth worrying about in the end"????

Let me guess: That was a joke too.

Someone who has been working with the USFK and who knows 'exactly what's going on' tells us that our betrayal of the Kurds and the destabilization of the area is "not worth worrying about in the end"????

Let me guess: That was a joke too.
Good lord, lighten up Francis. I wasn’t there while this was going down and I wasn’t talking about this event.

There are many cases where the media gets many of the details and much of the context of events wrong unless they are fed the story verbatim by someone because it’s important to the government that the media gets it right. Especially when events and actions and details are classified. It’s understandable and it’s not. Its worse in the clickbait and instant sound off era. It’s not going to change, though, so there’s no use going off the rails on media reporting of events like this.

There are many cases where the media gets many of the details and much of the context of events wrong unless they are fed the story verbatim by someone because it’s important to the government that the media gets it right.
So when the media interview senior military who have been life-long Republicans who say they are 'sick to their stomachs' about our country's betrayal of the Kurds, we should take their comments with a grain of salt?

Good to hear all the military people you hang with are super-supportive of Trump's actions in northern Syria.

So when the media interview senior military who have been life-long Republicans who say they are 'sick to their stomachs' about our country's betrayal of the Kurds, we should take their comments with a grain of salt?

Good to hear all the military people you hang with are super-supportive of Trump's actions in northern Syria.
I never said anything about what anyone I’ve worked with thinks about this event. Nice assumption of a position.

Obviously direct interviews of people who may have been in similar situations is relevant. The one caution that I would have is that they wouldn’t know (or be able to relate) the actual details about why any one current decision was made and so they’re most likely going to state their opinion on less-than-complete information. Doesn’t disqualify them out-of-hand but it does make a difference.

As for my opinion on this, I’m beginning to hate the half measures when it comes to our projection of force. If the we’re going to project a stabilizing force into the region, then let’s go actively stabilize the region. Make the case and get the American public and Congress on our side and put forth our most concerted effort. Otherwise, maybe it’s better that we just remove our people out of the precarious places we put them and let the region figure it out themselves. As for the way Trump went about it, given what we think we know, you can’t read the media reports without thinking this was abrupt. Only time will tell it was a good decision or not.

Good one, Wayne. Everything we've heard this past week out of Turkey and Syria has been fake news, right? :rolleyes:
you know that abc got that video from kentucky and then edited it right? they made it darker, and added a filter to make it look grainy. this wasnt just them seeing a video and running with it by mistake. they put effort into it.

they are fake news.

you know that abc got that video from kentucky and then edited it right?
Well I'll be damned!

So all this stuff about deserting the Kurds, allowing ISIS prisonsers to escape to fight another day, a White House 'letter' that looked like it was written by a sixth grader, all the testimony now coming out from State dept. officials about the non-existent 'Quid pro quo', the WH made-for-TV ambush of the British parents who's son was killed by a US diplomat's wife, and Trump's attack of Lindsey Graham was ALL fake?!?!?!?

Wow.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
ADVERTISEMENT