ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Portal Thread-signings/rumors

even if legit SJ posting on a PJ twice in a month is still terrible optics when people already skeptical of collectives see that and also who his family is

I would prefer someone with more direct past ties to UCF ran it. A former player would be even better

I guess you’ve never heard of a player developing and/or body developing after 18 years old a few more years of working out and eating better?

I also don’t get the fan hate of SJ other than the bad optics of the private jet tweet. I’m pretty sure that’s been confirmed it was a big booster’s jet he tagged along with due to cultivating a relationship (which is his actual job). It’s also been confirmed Oher got the money from the Blindside story after all. Details in the movie were embellished, but that’s Hollywood and the norm.

That aside, the LB in the portal from Arkansas is legit, surely seeking NIL and a more coveted spot. He’s a tackling machine, i doubt we have a chance but would be nice. Maybe pre-NIL days we’d have a shot.
Oh Buddy if you talk to any player and actual donors and not the non social media “UCF Twitter mafia” shills like rbj and Sean there’s stuff about typuohy that will make your skin crawl, but that’s besides the point. That’ll come out soon especially if he doesn’t follow through to some players. If we end up striking out and just getting a bunch of trash like last years portal then SJ needs to go. “Oh i became head of the collective because of Matt Lee leaving” then I will judge him in when/if he fails this window and doesn’t put together enticing packages.

Of course we don’t have a shot with the Arkansas lb. I was mocking t Will for losing two linebackers. Read better.

Also how’d Walter Yates and Jason Johnson work out for us? Loved watching them get manhandled by big 12 players this year. So much fun. They were fcs/d2 guys and they worked out great for us. Oh what’s that? They couldn’t survive the big 12? Shocker. Oh but Johnson got so many tackles! Great he brought players down after they’d already gotten a better angle on him to gain yac.they sure developed nicely this year.

Has Gus brought in any good linebackers from the portal? Maybe 1 out of 4.

Dlinemen? ? Big Kat? Cause Lee hasn’t lived up to the hype. Barber wasn’t even his guy. That was a Kenny pick up.

D backs? Loooooool no.

Oline men? Hahhahahhahaha

Rb? Not Rj cause that was a Heupel signing. Mar and bowman are persona non grata

In fact probably only wr you could say he’s been successful at recruiting the portal at.

Yeah if we strike out in the portal again this year and bring in a qb from fcs, a linebacker from juco, amd a olinemen from fcs then there’s major issues. We will not survive in the big 12 like that. Someone will throw out Verse, but he was a unicorn. Ask our Miami friend how the #1 offensive line fcs prospect from Butler did when he transferred to um.p two years ago.

Anywho Pittman going with Petrino over Marion is probably the final nail in the singleton coffin. Lots of smoke that he’s going to announce

Last edited:
Oh Buddy if you talk to any player and actual donors and not the non social media “UCF Twitter mafia” shills like rbj and Sean there’s stuff about typuohy that will make your skin crawl, but that’s besides the point. That’ll come out soon especially if he doesn’t follow through to some players. If we end up striking out and just getting a bunch of trash like last years portal then SJ needs to go. “Oh i became head of the collective because of Matt Lee leaving” then I will judge him in when/if he fails this window and doesn’t put together enticing packages.

Of course we don’t have a shot with the Arkansas lb. I was mocking t Will for losing two linebackers. Read better.

Also how’d Walter Yates and Jason Johnson work out for us? Loved watching them get manhandled by big 12 players this year. So much fun. They were fcs/d2 guys and they worked out great for us. Oh what’s that? They couldn’t survive the big 12? Shocker. Oh but Johnson got so many tackles! Great he brought players down after they’d already gotten a better angle on him to gain yac.they sure developed nicely this year.

Dlinemen? ? Big Kat? Cause Lee hasn’t lived up to the hype. Barber wasn’t even his guy. That was a Kenny pick up.

D backs? Loooooool no.

Rb? Not Rj cause that was a Heupel signing. Mar and bowman are persona non grata

In fact probably only wr you could say he’s been successful at recruiting the portal at.

Yeah if we strike out in the portal again this year and bring in a qb from fcs, a linebacker from juco, amd a olinemen from fcs then there’s major issues. We will not survive in the big 12 like that. Someone will throw out Verse, but he was a unicorn. Ask our Miami friend how the #1 offensive line fcs prospect from Butler did when he transferred to um.p two years ago.

Anywho Pittman going with Petrino over Marion is probably the final nail in the singleton coffin. Lots of smoke that he’s going to announce
I don’t know who this dude posting is but he has great insight into the UCF program #Respect.

The OL from Butler never played a down…fact is that you can’t bring in FCS players and expect them to be good at P5. 99.9% of FCS guys are just not good enough for P5. Being an FCS All American means nothing. FCS stats are good for FCS…that’s it.

Last edited:

D backs? Loooooool no.

hmmm you want to own that jason johnson take? you can back out now and say it was a mistake. when he's in the NFL next year, i guess you'll tell us how he's only good enough for that level but not the mighty big 12.

D backs? Loooooool no.

You are either Lobocane’s 4th account or KOC…either way you’re the same person, and unhinged af.

I don’t know who this dude posting is but he has great insight into the UCF program #Respect.

The OL from Butler never played a down…fact is that you can’t bring in FCS players and expect them to be good at P5. 99.9% of FCS guys are just not good enough for P5. Being an FCS All American means nothing. FCS stats are good for FCS…that’s it.
Hahaha confirmed, ok I think we now know who it is…

You are really a low IQ guy. Someone spewing nonsense as a new member guy the same way KOC and Lobocane do. Really pathetic.

Last edited:
You are either Lobocane’s 4th account or KOC…either way you’re the same person, and unhinged af.
I have one account on Rivals…this one. That’s it. I have no idea who the dude who started this thread is. He has made some very good points.

Hahaha confirmed, ok I think we now know who it is…

You are really a low IQ guy. Someone spewing nonsense as a new member guy the same way KOC and Lobocane do. Really pathetic.
You believe whatever you want. You have the intelligence quotient of a used doormat.

Ah yes deflection. Not going to defend your position? Again name 3 good transfers Gus brought in last year cause Amari is the only one. We cannot survive with another bad transfer portal for a third straight year. That is how programs die. There’s finding hidden gems amd then there’s striking out. We cannot afford to strike out again and despite our great recruiting class you can’t play freshmen against utah, TCu, Arizona next year. They will be eaten alive so the portal is essential this year.

Also Jason Johnson isn’t a nfl lb. If Terrance Plummer couldn’t make it then Johnson won’t.

Oh Buddy I hold a undergrad degree from UCF and a masters from uf. Work for uf now so yeah.

I don’t think that’s quite fair, many of the big transfers that we got over the last couple of years had previous ties to Gus (recruited by him/played for him while at Auburn). Now what I’m curious about is, what happens as those connections start to dry up, as they probably will start to this year? Just as a natural byproduct of him having been gone from Auburn for 3 years
He still recruits guys. Singleton for one. That could pay off. But, if he didn’t see field at Arkansas there may be a reason for that.

Ah yes deflection. Not going to defend your position? Again name 3 good transfers Gus brought in last year cause Amari is the only one. We cannot survive with another bad transfer portal for a third straight year. That is how programs die. There’s finding hidden gems amd then there’s striking out. We cannot afford to strike out again and despite our great recruiting class you can’t play freshmen against utah, TCu, Arizona next year. They will be eaten alive so the portal is essential this year.

Also Jason Johnson isn’t a nfl lb. If Terrance Plummer couldn’t make it then Johnson won’t.

Oh Buddy I hold a undergrad degree from UCF and a masters from uf. Work for uf now so yeah.
Some of what you are saying makes sense, but a lot of it is ridiculous. I will explain this like I am talking to a third grader.

Kingdom NIL doesn't have a lot of money. Transfers enter the portal for one of two reasons: money or playing time.

Amari Kight entered for both reasons: money and playing time (in that order). Kight is the most expensive transfer in UCF history. Kight's situation is analogous to UCF giving NFL first round draft pick money, while a lot of these other transfers are getting the league minimum (a scholarship).

Kight is the best transfer, but he should be based on his NIL value. Kight is a poster child that Kingdom NIL works. Unless you are giving hundreds of thousands to NIL, you should not complain about the product.

Furthermore, you can't--and shouldn't--expect players looking for playing time to be as valuable to your program as NIL guys like Kight. You should expect them to be contributors, though.

Here is where you have a point. UCF whiffed on Rian Davis, Isaiah Paul, and Shaun Peterson Jr. It destroyed the front seven. Those mistakes are unacceptable and cannot happen.

Transfers should not be your best players. If they are, you are doing something wrong with your program. Transfers should be contributors. The guys I mentioned, along with the wide receivers, were not.

Last edited:
Ah man does that mean I need to add another to the block list?
I don’t block anyone usually. Blocked Lobocane in the lead up to the season b/c he was littering the pages with ridiculous Miami nonsense but unblocked after conference play started and he was humbled again.

I don’t block anyone usually. Blocked Lobocane in the lead up to the season b/c he was littering the pages with ridiculous Miami nonsense but unblocked after conference play started and he was humbled again.
Good strategy. I will do the same.

I simply don't understand his incessant need to jump on every thread to tell UCF fans, we suck and our school sucks. What a worthless mission in life.

Some of what you are saying makes sense, but a lot of it is ridiculous. I will explain this like I am talking to a third grader.

Kingdom NIL doesn't have a lot of money. Transfers enter the portal for one of two reasons: money or playing time.

Amari Kight entered for both reasons: money and playing time (in that order). Kight is the most expensive transfer in UCF history. Kight's situation is analogous to UCF giving NFL first round draft pick money, while a lot of these other transfers are getting the league minimum (a scholarship).

Kight is the best transfer, but he should be based on his NIL value. Kight is a poster child that Kingdom NIL works. Unless you are giving hundreds of thousands to NIL, you should not complain about the product.

Furthermore, you can't--and shouldn't--expect players looking for playing time to be as valuable to your program as NIL guys like Kight. You should expect them to be contributors, though.

Here is where you have a point. UCF whiffed on Rian Davis, Isaiah Paul, and Shaun Peterson Jr. It destroyed the front seven. Those mistakes are unacceptable and cannot happen.

Transfers should not be your best players. If they are, you are doing something wrong with your program. Transfers should be contributors. The guys I mentioned, along with the wide receivers, were not.
You can't win with freshmen and D2 players along the line. Plus it's not even like we're going after the top d2/juco kids. Take a few swings at some big fish. Will Norman just entered the portal because Sling Blade Napier is an idiot and never played him. That's someone that isn't going to cost a ton and would immediately improve the line. He also isn't looking for too much nil. Kamari wilson on the other hand is a different story.

Gus isn't even going after the top Juco or fcs guys. He's scrapping the barrel with his offers so far. And again if that's the only money we have leftover then SJ needs to go cause clearly he's ****ed up. Who gus offers will tell us a lot about the state of the NIL program. So far not impressed especially since SJ took over in March and we didn't get a recruit during the season. This current class is built on the previous nil regime not sj. So this is his chance to prove he's not a ponzi scheming crypto bro.

You and I both know that the portal can change a coaches trajectory if you nail it. Gus has not. IF he does not nail it again then that needs to be a giant red flag. If we do not go big in the portal even you have to admit that there's something wrong here. By big i mean filling out the needs with talent. Not stars, but talent.

I mean look the top rated Tackle has a crystal ball to unlv and purdue. You're telling me unlv has more nil money than us? unlv hasn't given a shit about sports since Tark. We haven't made a move in a position of need? And the 6 rated tackle has a crystal ball to purdue and duke? Duke does not have more nil football money than us I know that for a fact.

Linebackers we're letting a aac team and a bottom feeding big 12 team make more moves so far.

Edit: Also I like how Assmad Jungle is caping up for a mid lb.

You can't win with freshmen linebackers starting 90% of your games. UF tried that against lsu and gave up 700 yards. You break them in slowly. Same for linemen. There's a ton of linebackers in the portal. Go get the kid from UTEP or Buffalo or ODU. Don't scrap the bottom of the barrel for a juco kid.

Last edited:

you can say whatever you want because you're a troll that doesn't stand behind their name. you'll just create another username. next time it might be citronolez or some shit. so when he's in the NFL next season knightgatorz won't be anywhere to be found.

My favorite sport (college football) became a sport to see who has the deepest pockets and as a fan it’s the worst thing to happen to the sport. I understand it from the kids perspective, but as a fan it’s making me lose the excitement I once had.

My favorite sport (college football) became a sport to see who has the deepest pockets and as a fan it’s the worst thing to happen to the sport. I understand it from the kids perspective, but as a fan it’s making me lose the excitement I once had.
it definitely throws a curve ball for Programs ..under the old rules UCF is a slam dunk destination in the new Big 12. Now we have players committing to places they haven’t even visited

Grayson McCall entered the portal. IDK how many big program are going to be interested. Rumor was that he and Napier had a handshake agreement, but he couldn't make grades last year. So UF is out and probably most ACC/SEC/Big 10 schools. Kick the tires. Also Max Brown entered the portal. Slingblade Napier had no idea how to use him. what napier did was disgusting. Max would fit the gus system like a glove and has 3 years left. Also plays baseball so Gus and ucf can offer that to him thanks to jrp. If Singleton does not enter watch out for Max. In fact I think he has the potential to be better than singleton

Leonard says we are interested in the Arkansas freshman WR Sam something so that adds smoke to the Singleton transfer rumor. Remember multiple programs have had multiple qbs enter this year so far.

But watch out for Max cause again he gives off Nick Marshall vibes.

Also speaking of Slingblade, Trevor Ettienne is entering the portal think he's going to Bama or UGA.

Last edited:
you can say whatever you want because you're a troll that doesn't stand behind their name. you'll just create another username. next time it might be citronolez or some shit. so when he's in the NFL next season knightgatorz won't be anywhere to be found.
What about you make a counter argument to what he said? You have nothing so you call him a troll to deflect.

Reactions: Knightgatorz
So the portal has solid QB options, just like last year…..but we couldn’t land any of those probably because of the system we use. Will this year be any different? Maybe we should check transfers out of Charlotte

So the portal has solid QB options, just like last year…..but we couldn’t land any of those probably because of the system we use. Will this year be any different? Maybe we should check transfers out of Charlotte
I think we couldn’t land any of those more because everyone knew JRP was the starter.

Reactions: Robert0122
I think we couldn’t land any of those more because everyone knew JRP was the starter.
Don’t think so, would Sam Hartman, Cam Ward, Haynes King, Spencer Sanders, etc be afraid to compete against JRP? We all knew he would miss time due to injury

Reactions: Yaes
My thoughts exactly. CFB has definitely lost some luster. You used to get excited if your team landed a great player. Now you worry every season that your players may leave. Roster turnover is rough for fans. It definitely screwed up college basketball.

Now deep pocket schools have a huge advantage just when UCF made it to P5. Seems like a constant uphill battle.

We offered a d3 wr. I’m sorry, but are we ****ing broke?

Why are we scraping the bottom of the barrel? We gotta start going real players

Last edited:
Reactions: LoboCane
My thoughts exactly. CFB has definitely lost some luster. You used to get excited if your team landed a great player. Now you worry every season that your players may leave. Roster turnover is rough for fans. It definitely screwed up college basketball.

Now deep pocket schools have a huge advantage just when UCF made it to P5. Seems like a constant uphill battle.
It’s always been this way. It’s just more open now so guys can ask for more. You had to get smaller amounts so it was harder to see who got money. Same schools are getting top rated guys as before.

If they are going to pay kids, it has to start coming with multi-year contracts/commitments for that money, or people are just flushing money down the toilet.

If they are going to pay kids, it has to start coming with multi-year contracts/commitments for that money, or people are just flushing money down the toilet.
That, and drop the scholarships. No “kid” making $1 mil to play needs their free ride through college anymore. Especially when their loyalty to the program is on a year to year basis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT