ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Portal Thread-signings/rumors

Big difference, Shough was hurt most of his career….15 starts in 5 years. Never played in more than 7 games in any season. And his stats are not all that good….go and compare the two
I’m not impressed by either. CC played low level G5 mostly. Against P5 he averaged around 190 yards passing and 60 running. He did bad against ECU. I would consider them mid level G5. Better than the bums he usually played against. He did pretty well against Kansas but never had 300 passing or 100 rushing. He didn’t do well against UCLA. I don’t think he’s. Wetter than Timmy.

I’m not impressed by either. CC played low level G5 mostly. Against P5 he averaged around 190 yards passing and 60 running. He did bad against ECU. I would consider them mid level G5. Better than the bums he usually played against. He did pretty well against Kansas but never had 300 passing or 100 rushing. He didn’t do well against UCLA. I don’t think he’s. Wetter than Timmy.

This shows me that you have looked at McCall's box scores and not necessarily watched the film.

Stats don't tell the whole story.

If you want to go stat-finding though - dude had 77 TD's and 8 INT in 3 years between 2020-2022. He took a team that had NO business being 7-5 this year and did the best he could while battling injury.

I would LOVE to see McCall with our weapons. I truly believe that if you put McCall on our team this year we just had, we would have finished 10-2 or 9-3

Reactions: Robert0122
Have you ever watched McCall?

McCall >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shough
McCall is very much a dual threat also btw. He’s been hurt so probably not running as much, besides a new coaching staff and play scheme. Under their last coach, he was very much active in qb runs.

This shows me that you have looked at McCall's box scores and not necessarily watched the film.

If you want to go stat-finding though - dude had 77 TD's and 8 INT in 3 years between 2020-2022. He took a team that had NO business being 7-5 this year and did the best he could while battling injury.

I would LOVE to see McCall with our weapons. I truly believe that if you put McCall on our team this year we just had, we would have finished 10-2 or 9-3
Agree on McCall but not really on improving this years team to 9-3 or 10-2. We lost due to defense and JRP injury.

McCall would be a good fit. He makes good decisions, has great accuracy, throws a nice deep ball, and absolutely thrives in run-heavy offenses.

Liberty currently leads the nation in rushing offense. McCall had most of his success under Jamey Chadwell and Willie Korn for that reason. McCall could rekindle magic under Gus at UCF.

Don’t think any of us have watched enough sunbelt to have an accurate take

Coaching change probably made their team worse and injury

The backups that took over for McCall after his injury combined stats.

5- games 66% passing completion, 1,1147 yards 10 Tds 3 ints, 282, rushing yards, 2 TDs.

Went 3-2, losing to James Madison and Army.

McCall played in the SunBelt and put up big numbers there. Does that translate to the Big 12? He also had a concussion back in October and hasn't played since. He might be damaged goods. We better be sure we don't whiff here.

McCall played in the SunBelt and put up big numbers there. Does that translate to the Big 12? He also had a concussion back in October and hasn't played since. He might be damaged goods. We better be sure we don't whiff here.
Maybe they are pursing QBs w recent injuries bc the NIL price is a little lower

Reactions: Yaes
1 hit and his season is over. Whoever is 3rd string after Spring game will leave. We will be 2 injuries from starting walk ons.

Are y'all crazy? The dude was being fought over by Florida and Auburn last year. The only reason he is even available today is (a) because of Coastal Carolina's sh*tty academics that would not transfer and (b) because of an average season with a terrible replacement head coach who changed the offense.

Do I love the guy? No. Gus should have signed Haynes King, Casey Thompson, or Spenser Sanders last year. Is McCall the perfect bandaid? Yes he is.

Lock him down and focus on to other positions of priority: OL, LB, and TE.

Are y'all crazy? The dude was being fought over by Florida and Auburn last year. The only reason he is even available today is (a) because of Coastal Carolina's sh*tty academics that would not transfer and (b) because of an average season with a terrible replacement head coach who changed the offense.

Do I love the guy? No. Gus should have signed Haynes King, Casey Thompson, or Spenser Sanders last year. Is McCall the perfect bandaid? Yes he is.

Lock him down and focus on to other positions of priority: OL, LB, and TE.

Holy shit.... I actually 100% agree with you

Couple of points ...

No. 1, Gus/UCF believes his/its QB of the Future is on campus or about to be on campus.

No. 2, Arkansas's addition of Bobby Petrino changes things for Singleton and the rest of the Arkansas QB room.

I will explain No. 1. Gus/UCF has ONLY been targeting Super Senior QBs, one-year rentals to serve as a transition for whoever the guy is. It looks like Gus/UCF has about 250k-300k in the treasure chest set aside for the 2024 hired gun.

I will explain No. 2. PIGtrino--the only coach in CFB I rank above Malzahn--has adapted his offense to fit the talents of dual threat guys. KJ Jefferson, Jacolby Griswell, Malachi Singleton, and incoming St. James QB KJ Jackson all fit the mold of a Lamar Jackson (Louisville) / Jason Shelley (Missouri State) that Petrino can work magic with.
Then why is Jefferson leaving? Criswell is already #2, and Petrino would have signed off on the incoming freshman, so where does that leave Singleton? Would be in his best interest to leave now since he won’t be anyone’s priority.

Nobody is saying the kid is the end all, be all, but he is 100% better than not signing a portal QB.

Nobody is saying the kid is the end all, be all, but he is 100% better than not signing a portal QB.
Maybe, but our program needs stability…..we aren’t one player away from contention that we should bring in a 1 year rental.

ND is an interesting case study. Brought in Hartman, all the young guys left, the team did not succeed, but now they don’t have anyone around to develop so they are going with the 1 year rental again…..yikes

Reactions: OtterKnight
Maybe, but our program needs stability…..we aren’t one player away from contention that we should bring in a 1 year rental.

ND is an interesting case study. Brought in Hartman, all the young guys left, the team did not succeed, but now they don’t have anyone around to develop so they are going with the 1 year rental again…..yikes
As for your second point, who is leaving UCF? There are three transfers in the QB room already. Rizk is the only possible transfer. Where would he go? I don't foresee Riley Trujillo decommitting because of a Super Senior joining UCF's ranks.

As for your second point, I don't know how far UCF is away from contending for a conference title. A lot of players have the potential to return. A big name transfer QB can do wonders for team morale and could influence potential returners.

All that aside, why would a NC kid leave the state to play for UCF? NC State obviously wants him. What can UCF offer that NC State cannot match? This could all be a ruse by McCall to siphon more money out of the Wolfpack.

Reactions: U C to the F
As for your second point, who is leaving UCF? There are three transfers in the QB room already. Rizk is the only possible transfer. Where would he go? I don't foresee Riley Trujillo decommitting because of a Super Senior joining UCF's ranks.

As for your second point, I don't know how far UCF is away from contending for a conference title. A lot of players have the potential to return. A big name transfer QB can do wonders for team morale and could influence potential returners.

All that aside, why would a NC kid leave the state to play for UCF? NC State obviously wants him. What can UCF offer that NC State cannot match? This could all be a ruse by McCall to siphon more money out of the Wolfpack.
If McCall, or any other top transfer (transfer grade above 0.9) comes in, I imagine we lose 3 guys right now (McClain, Williams, Smith) and maybe 50/50 we lose Rizk…..because a 1 year rental is coming in to start, what would be the point otherwise?

Not arguing the second point, IMO McCall shouldn’t be interested in a Gus offense.

Yea, I just report every message I see at this point.

It's ridiculous that this site allows a troll who has no business being here making this an unbearable place.

I'm just trying to chat with fellow UCF fans..
Why don’t you join the Dungeon and support this site? It’s only a few dollars a month and Brandon does a great job covering UCF.

This seems like a guy just picked a bunch of names out of a hat. But I’d be willing to eat crow if I’m wrong and he gets em right
I saw his youtube video tonight. He is well spoken and made pretty logical arguments on his predictions.

I just don't get it from McCall's or UCF's POV. Seems like over the past 2 seasons, McCall has been trying to mold himself into a pro-style QB with an eye on the NFL. Why would he come to a team whose priority is to rush the ball and use an RPO based scheme?

And given that, why would UCF be interested? Sure seems like Gus' offense works better with a true dual threat QB. Then you have the 1 year rental issue. For most positions, no problem. But with the most important position in all of team sports, why would you mess with team chemistry and cohesiveness? We would be in the same need next year too. Why not get a guy with 2-3 years left? We aren't expected to highly compete for the conference title next year.

Are y'all crazy? The dude was being fought over by Florida and Auburn last year. The only reason he is even available today is (a) because of Coastal Carolina's sh*tty academics that would not transfer
Auburn gets anyone in and courses transfer. Well, known that they are the team that cheats the most ( although NIL has limited that ) and has lower athletic/academic standards then the average student at CC. Your suggestion is bogus in respect to this matter.

U talk so much BS but YOU believe it so that all that matters. You give new meaning to “believe in yourself “. Most of us set a foundation in our success by believing in ourselves. You believe in yourself to authenticate the BS that you say so that at least one person believes in what you say.

Last edited:
There are concerns about him. I really don’t believe he will fit well in the run heavy Malzahn schemes. The young man is a hit away from not playing anymore.

That being said…he has a higher ceiling than anyone else UCF could bring in. Roll the dice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolside Knight
The only portal QB’s that I really like are Ward and Will Howard…nobody else is a difference maker.

Gabriel has the production and he could do well in a very specific offense…dude is a system QB.

Last edited:
Auburn gets anyone in and courses transfer. Well, known that they are the team that cheats the most ( although NIL has limited that ) and has lower athletic/academic standards then the average student at CC. Your suggestion is bogus in respect to this matter.

U talk so much BS but YOU believe it so that all that matters. You give new meaning to “believe in yourself “. Most of us set a foundation in our success by believing in ourselves. You believe in yourself to authenticate the BS that you say so that at least one person believes in what you say.
Yeah. That's me dawg. The guy who just "talks so much BS" and just makes stuff up.

"He had a scheduled trip to Auburn canceled last month due to an academic issue according to 247Sports."

Back story:

Also, I would argue that uat is the "cheatingest" program in all of college football; Auburn is the program that gets caught cheating the most.

Lastly, Mississippi State has BY FAR the lowest academic standards in the SEC.

"Full admission to Mississippi State will be granted to high school graduates who complete the CPC with one of the following:

A minimum 3.20 grade-point average (GPA) on the CPC.
A minimum 2.50 GPA on the CPC and a composite score of 16 or higher on the ACT or a combined score of 770 or higher on the SAT.
A minimum 2.0 GPA on the CPC and a composite score of 18 or higher on the ACT or a combined score of 860 or higher on the SAT.
Standing in the top 50 percent of the class and a composite score of 16 or higher on the ACT or a combined score of 770 or higher on the SAT.
Satisfy the National Collegiate Athletic Association standards for student-athletes who are full qualifiers under Division I guidelines."

Reactions: Black_Knight07
I saw his youtube video tonight. He is well spoken and made pretty logical arguments on his predictions.

I just don't get it from McCall's or UCF's POV. Seems like over the past 2 seasons, McCall has been trying to mold himself into a pro-style QB with an eye on the NFL. Why would he come to a team whose priority is to rush the ball and use an RPO based scheme?

And given that, why would UCF be interested? Sure seems like Gus' offense works better with a true dual threat QB. Then you have the 1 year rental issue. For most positions, no problem. But with the most important position in all of team sports, why would you mess with team chemistry and cohesiveness? We would be in the same need next year too. Why not get a guy with 2-3 years left? We aren't expected to highly compete for the conference title next year.
McCall is a massive upgrade over Timmy McClain, that's why you do it. You bring in McCall, and hope Rizk or Trujillo look like your future Starting QB by the end of 2024, and if not you go back to the portal again next year. That's the nature of present day college football.

Yeah. That's me dawg. The guy who just "talks so much BS" and just makes stuff up.

"He had a scheduled trip to Auburn canceled last month due to an academic issue according to 247Sports."

Back story:

Also, I would argue that uat is the "cheatingest" program in all of college football; Auburn is the program that gets caught cheating the most.

Lastly, Mississippi State has BY FAR the lowest academic standards in the SEC.

"Full admission to Mississippi State will be granted to high school graduates who complete the CPC with one of the following:

A minimum 3.20 grade-point average (GPA) on the CPC.
A minimum 2.50 GPA on the CPC and a composite score of 16 or higher on the ACT or a combined score of 770 or higher on the SAT.
A minimum 2.0 GPA on the CPC and a composite score of 18 or higher on the ACT or a combined score of 860 or higher on the SAT.
Standing in the top 50 percent of the class and a composite score of 16 or higher on the ACT or a combined score of 770 or higher on the SAT.
Satisfy the National Collegiate Athletic Association standards for student-athletes who are full qualifiers under Division I guidelines."

(AuburnLegacy_1 said:
Are y'all crazy? The dude was being fought over by Florida and Auburn last year. The only reason he is even available today is (a) because of Coastal Carolina's sh*tty academics that would not transfer)

Why r u here ? Your interpretation of the article is like a four-year-old with an agenda driven angle

Abraham Lincoln once had a statement that said.
“It’s better to be thought of as stupid then to actually speak up and remove all doubt “ Just saying.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Why r u here ? Your interpretation of the article is of an agenda driven 4 year old.

Abraham Lincoln once had a statement that said.
“It’s better to be thought of as stupid then to actually speak up and remove all doubt “ Just saying.
A better question is why do you have an issue with me.

Mikey Keene 2.0 (a.k.a. MK Ultra)

aj-duffy-lad.png

0e525ebd-860f-4cd2-acfd-b3adbbd6d77a-chandler-football-3.JPG

Last edited:
McCall is a massive upgrade over Timmy McClain, that's why you do it. You bring in McCall, and hope Rizk or Trujillo look like your future Starting QB by the end of 2024, and if not you go back to the portal again next year. That's the nature of present day college football.
Disagree, not the best choice for the offensive scheme or future of the program. We could do better. But time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT