ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Portal Thread-signings/rumors

It wasn’t the flex you or he/she thought it was. Again, our arena is larger than his/her Auburn arena and Miami just got smoked by Colorado, so worry about yourself.

Btw, you just started your 11-7 shift, save it for your 1st break loser.
Miami went to the Final four last year. Also, flexed on your squad of losers last year and this year.

You have AL1 clowning you people. He’s here because he knows you G5 fans literally know nothing about college football and he can gaslight you at will.

Miami went to the Final four last year. Also, flexed on your squad of losers last year and this year.

You have AL1 clowning you people. He’s here because he knows you G5 fans literally know nothing about college football and he can gaslight you at will.
Slow night in the gas station huh

Reactions: Black_Knight07

Have you ever had the sneaky suspicion that you've been abducted by aliens? I am starting to suspect you have.

I am not "flexing" on these people. I made a big thread a while back about the sizes of football stadiums in the Big12 compared to those in the SEC. The Kansas State Stadium is about the size the Miss State Stadium. I was just posting a continuation of that narrative.

TBT, I have never been to Orlando. I have seen any of the UCF facilities. I honestly did not know the size or age of the UCF basketball gym.

Here is my point...

Across the nation any football fan who looks ONLY at the photos in that Tweet will think UCF plays basketball in a high school wrestling gym. Brandon should have included a long -distance shot of Gus and Co. for frame of reference.

Interesting update over the weekend…..Taylen Green from Boise is committing to Arkansas (per 247, and yes not final until he shows up)…..probably pushing Singleton to 4th string. Jump into the portal Malachai, they are sending you a message. Our starting job is open.

the way they are covering this visit lol chill
The coverage isn't the problem. I have seen a lot of photos of Gus with recruits at the Auburn Arena.

However, I have never seen a photo that made me think Auburn played basketball in a movie theater. That was a bad look for UCF.

If a hotshot basketball recruit (say in the Carolinas) sees those photos and knows nothing of the UCF facilities, he is X'ing UCF off his list immediately.

Brandon should always include a distance shot for context. Football recruiting is just about football recruiting.

Imagine you know nothing about UCF basketball. You have never seen facilities, etc. Now look at the pics in that Tweet.

Awkward Episode 2 GIF by BLoafX

Last edited:
Updates on some UCF targets ...

The Knights missed on Bucknell transfer CB Ethan Robinson. Committed to Minnesota.

The Knights missed on juco LB Keaton Thomas.

D3 WR Jaden Richardson

Offers from Iowa State, Utah, Cal, UCF, UConn, UMass, Eastern Washington, James Madison, Nevada, UCF, Georgia Southern, Old Dominion, Wisconsin, Liberty, Washington, Southern Illinois, South Florida and a few other schools.

He has visited Washington, Cal, UCF, and New Hampshire. He is from the West Coast.

D2 WR/KR Donte Lee Jr.

Offers from Boston College, Coastal Carolina, Charlotte, East Carolina, Eastern Michigan, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, James Madison, Liberty, Marshall, Old Dominion, Pitt, NC State, Texas State, UCF, UConn, USF, UTSA, Washington State, West Virginia, Western Kentucky,

WR Ja'Mori Maclin (Jeremy's little brother)

Offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Cincinnati, Colorado, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Michigan State, Ole Miss, Penn State, South Carolina, Texas A&M, UCF, West Virginia.

C Michael Marotta

Offers from Eastern Kentucky, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Old Dominion, San Diego State, Texas Tech, UCF, UMass, USF, UTEP, Western Kentucky, West Virginia.

Visiting West Virginia this week.

C Ethan Miner

Offers from Mississippi State, UCF, Penn State, Louisville, NC State, Rutgers and Arkansas.

Visiting Mississippi State.

FCS G Omarrian Aigbedion

Offers from Memphis, BYU, Arkansas, Arizona State, UCF, Texas Tech, North Texas, Texas State, Boston College and Liberty.

He is originally from Texas: https://www.406mtsports.com/college...810b704d-29cf-5547-8fac-ec7118b19875.amp.html

Juco LB Wyatt Wright

Offers from most recently North Carolina State, followed by UCF, Jackson State, USF, Memphis, Houston, Texas Tech, Texas State, Arkansas State, Charlotte, Western Kentucky, Georgia State, and Louisiana.

He is from Delaware. He is a December grad who attends Gulf Coast CC (D1 MS juco) by way of Frisco City CC (non-scholarship 3 juco in Cali).

LB Ethan Barr

Offers from Cincinnati, Baylor, UCF and and Washington.

LB Trevor Jackson

No updates.

LB Randy "Deuce" Caldwell

Offers from Temple and UCF, the two teams that originally recruited him before he committed to North Carolina.

Note in Caldwell: https://247sports.com/college/north...analysis-scouting-uncs-linebackers-211274517/

S Phillip Dunnam

No updates.

Edge Daylan Dotson

No updates.

More to come ...

Last edited:
Updates on some UCF targets ...

The Knights missed on Bucknell transfer CB Ethan Robinson. Committed to Minnesota.

The Knights missed on juco LB Keaton Thomas.

D3 WR Jaden Richardson

Offers from Iowa State, Utah, Cal, UCF, UConn, UMass, Eastern Washington, James Madison, Nevada, UCF, Georgia Southern, Old Dominion, Wisconsin, Liberty, Washington, Southern Illinois, South Florida and a few other schools.

He has visited Washington, Cal, UCF, and New Hampshire. He is from the West Coast.

D2 WR/KR Donte Lee Jr.

Offers from Boston College, Coastal Carolina, Charlotte, East Carolina, Eastern Michigan, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, James Madison, Liberty, Marshall, Old Dominion, Pitt, NC State, Texas State, UCF, UConn, USF, UTSA, Washington State, West Virginia, Western Kentucky,

WR Ja'Mori Maclin (Jeremy's little brother)

Offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Cincinnati, Colorado, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Michigan State, Ole Miss, Penn State, South Carolina, Texas A&M, UCF, West Virginia.

C Michael Marotta

Offers from Eastern Kentucky, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Old Dominion, San Diego State, Texas Tech, UCF, UMass, USF, UTEP, Western Kentucky, West Virginia.

Visiting West Virginia this week.

C Ethan Miner

Offers from Mississippi State, UCF, Penn State, Louisville, NC State, Rutgers and Arkansas.

Visiting Mississippi State.

FCS G Omarrian Aigbedion

Offers from Memphis, BYU, Arkansas, Arizona State, UCF, Texas Tech, North Texas, Texas State, Boston College and Liberty.

He is originally from Texas: https://www.406mtsports.com/college...810b704d-29cf-5547-8fac-ec7118b19875.amp.html

Juco LB Wyatt Wright

Offers from most recently North Carolina State, followed by UCF, Jackson State, USF, Memphis, Houston, Texas Tech, Texas State, Arkansas State, Charlotte, Western Kentucky, Georgia State, and Louisiana.

He is from Delaware. He is a December grad who attends Gulf Coast CC (D1 MS juco) by way of Frisco City CC (non-scholarship 3 juco in Cali).

LB Ethan Barr

Offers from Cincinnati, Baylor, UCF and and Washington.

LB Trevor Jackson

No updates.

LB Randy "Deuce" Caldwell

Offers from Temple and UCF, the two teams that originally recruited him before he committed to North Carolina.

S Phillip Dunnam

No updates.

Edge Daylan Dotson

No updates.

More to come ...
Chicken eater Gus Malzahn about to be stuffed in a locker?

Odds against UCF landing Grayson McCall: https://www.si.com/college/group-fi...for-grayson-mccall-next-team-coastal-carolina

Odds against UCF landing Grayson McCall: https://www.si.com/college/group-fi...for-grayson-mccall-next-team-coastal-carolina

I live in NC and attended a Christmas party this weekend with a few NCS alumni and they are pretty confident he’s going there.

I live in NC and attended a Christmas party this weekend with a few NCS alumni and they are pretty confident he’s going there.
What sources/connections do they have to form those opinions?

Hey NC kid choosing to stay in NC would not be overly surprising.
I agree.

Also, it would not be the end of the world.

Lot of moving and shaking left to happen. Even if McCall commits to UCF, nothing is stopping an Ohio State University, etc., from doubling down.

Same goes to NC State.

I know Gus won't get into a bidding war though. Gus won't pay a dime more than he has to

Last edited:
More QBs committing every day, several this afternoon. If we end up just wasting time on McCall, we may miss the boat.

Reactions: Yaes
We are doomed.
The sky is falling (if we want to keep the chicken references going).

JWB….CTFO!!!!

If you are a high school basketball recruit, you’ve never seen UCF Basketball facilities and don’t know anything about them, what are the odds you see a tweet from Brandon talking about a football recruit?

• Haha
Reactions: U C to the F
NCS trending for McCall. Malzahn and UCF falling off. Word is that McCall was sold by the professional approach to his recruitment…by NCS.

• Haha
Reactions: U C to the F
NCS trending for McCall. Malzahn and UCF falling off. Word is that McCall was sold by the professional approach to his recruitment…by NCS.
Looks like he isn't going to commit on Sunday or today after all. Even if he does. It isn't over.

"McCall is one of the top quarterbacks in the transfer portal and for good reason, so there's a chance other teams could theoretically get in the mix."

Meanwhile in Fayetteville...

"The last returning quarterback is (Malachi) Singleton, who has seemingly found himself on a team that no longer runs an offense that fully fits his skill set. The former four-star prospect was recruited by former offensive coordinator Kendal Briles, whose veer-and-shoot, RPO style scheme runs differently than Petrino's more tactical, dropback approach."

Happy Oh Yeah GIF by Afta Hill

Reactions: Black_Knight07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT